Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 07:59:27 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ### A ChainWorks Industries (CWI) Project - CWIgm | Simple Powerful Stable  (Read 67708 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2828
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2017, 01:24:38 PM

@crys

I appreciate the level of qa you want for the miner guys,
But here's just a heads up, signatum only have pow until 100k blocks then it will go pos. As of writing its already almost on half of it.

we know ...

our CWIgm-0.9.8 has a decent hashrate - but is buggy in a few areas ...

among these bugs - we need to iron out a few more things before we bring the next version for testing ...

we have always said - optimization is NOT our goal yet ...

we CAN - but we need to stay focused on the code ... stability and ease of use of CWIgm is where we are at ...

signatum is not the only coin that will be the beginning nor the end ... it IS huge yes - but its NOT our priority - our code is ... even so - as said earlier - CWIgm-0.9.8 STILL has a decent hashrate - and unlike a LOT of the miners out there - the hashrate itself is not that important - its the way it processes the shares ... a LOT ( and no - im not pointing at any one 'mod' ) of the miners out there can show hashrate - but have very little effect on how much it processes and how many blocks they solve ... there is a good reason for that - and the number that the miner shows on hashrate is NOT the important part ... its the processing that matters ...

we are working towards a better miner - and this will involve a number of algos ... not just one algo or one coin ...

#crysx

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2017, 01:31:45 PM

chrysophylax
I see that you finally managed to make diff setting based on Rig hashrate.
Thank you. Good job.  Smiley

P.S. Still some finetuning is possible:
As I understand 100+Mh - get 0.97
And lower HR get 0.28 or 0.56 (70+Mh?)
Still 5*1060 and 6*1080 get the same 0.97diff but it is 107MH/s vs 242MH/s difference.
IMHO something like this is more adequate:
>150 = 0.96
>100 = 0.64
>70 = 0.32
>20 = 0.16
<20 = 0.08

the max difficulty target on the lodiff port is capped at 0.97 ...

the reason is that MANY have single card and dual card systems ...

if you need to go to the hidiff port - just remove the --lodiff parameter ... and any of the netdiff / temp control parameters ... you will find a smoother run and better processing for the gpus ...

being a vardiff stratum also - there is no manual control of the diff for the miner ... as the stratum controls that side of it ...

whereas hashrate will not be affected with difficulty of shares being processed ...

so i dont understand what the issue is with your two machines getting different hashrates ... they need to - as they are different cards pointing in the same port capped at 0.97diff ... the hidiff port goes all the way up to 7diff - as we had to cap that to 7diff from 7000diff ... that port is something that will test your systems Wink ...

#crysx

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2017, 01:33:25 PM

When will be 0.9.9 release?

when its due for beta testing ...

#crysx

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2017, 01:37:33 PM

0.9.9 release please Smiley Stability, easy to use is ok but everybody first always see on mhs and $ Smiley

What to use in bat file to test latest version ccminer on your pool?

when CWIgm-0.9.9 is ready to be beta tested ...

depending on your machines - but if its a single system with its own worker on the pool - then -c <coin> --lodiff ...

otherwise - if it is a few machines on the one worker - leave the --lodiff parameter off ...

other settings to use are -i <intensity> depending on what card you use and many others ...

read through the readme.txt that comes with your welcome pack and download ... it explained the parameters you can use for the cards and systems you have ...

#crysx

abudfv2008

Activity: 728
Merit: 106

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 01:51:32 PM
Last edit: August 18, 2017, 02:14:28 PM by abudfv2008

chrysophylax
You ideas are good. But what had to be done a week ago is finetuning of difficulty setting on the pool. Still everyone get 0.97diff - it is better then 2.5 but I don't like to see that picture with no shares for 4 minutes (actually more)
https://ibb.co/nC6u1a
I really don't understand what is difficult in doing that.

The miner is stable as it is. Hashrate is what to be improved (if you can do that) as far as the clock of POW tik-tak-tik-tak.

I get very strange power usage on DNR
https://ibb.co/nfHyBa
https://ibb.co/neR3cF
2 identical GPU, same clocks, same hashrate.
No I don't have them. Only intensity is set.
I have the same string on all rigs. 1060 are almost a line. 1070 and 1080 1080ti fluctuates

i bet you are using netdiff / temp control parameters ...

take them off and see it process then ...

#crysx
No I don't have any extra parameters, only intensity setting.
chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2017, 02:09:59 PM

chrysophylax
You ideas are good. But what had to be done a week ago is finetuning of difficulty setting on the pool. Still everyone get 0.97diff - it is better then 2.5 but I don't like to see that picture with no shares for 4 minutes (actually more)
https://ibb.co/nC6u1a
I really don't understand what is difficult in doing that.

The miner is stable as it is. Hashrate is what to be improved (if you can do that) as far as the clock of POW tik-tak-tik-tak.

I get very strange power usage on DNR
https://ibb.co/nfHyBa
https://ibb.co/neR3cF
2 identical GPU, same clocks, same hashrate.
No I don't have them. Only intensity is set.
I have the same string on all rigs. 1060 are almost a line. 1070 and 1080 1080ti fluctuates

i bet you are using netdiff / temp control parameters ...

take them off and see it process then ...

#crysx

i had to look for your response ...

you wrote within the [ / quote] parameter - and lost you ... but all good ...

you will find that most gpu are not identical ... especially when one uses different ram than the other - and the chips that are used for the gpu and ram are all different ... so one gpu will not be identical to the other - and will never really work exactly like the other ...

in saying that tho - they will work similar ...

change the intensities and see what you get ... the reason is purely that even though you will have the same 'amount' of ram - they will perform differently ... but it should only vary slightly ... so change the intensity of each of the cards - until you find the optimal intensity for each of those cards ...

#crysx

abudfv2008

Activity: 728
Merit: 106

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 02:18:58 PM

chrysophylax
I see that you finally managed to make diff setting based on Rig hashrate.
Thank you. Good job.  Smiley

P.S. Still some finetuning is possible:
As I understand 100+Mh - get 0.97
And lower HR get 0.28 or 0.56 (70+Mh?)
Still 5*1060 and 6*1080 get the same 0.97diff but it is 107MH/s vs 242MH/s difference.
IMHO something like this is more adequate:
>150 = 0.96
>100 = 0.64
>70 = 0.32
>20 = 0.16
<20 = 0.08

the max difficulty target on the lodiff port is capped at 0.97 ...

the reason is that MANY have single card and dual card systems ...

if you need to go to the hidiff port - just remove the --lodiff parameter ... and any of the netdiff / temp control parameters ... you will find a smoother run and better processing for the gpus ...

being a vardiff stratum also - there is no manual control of the diff for the miner ... as the stratum controls that side of it ...

whereas hashrate will not be affected with difficulty of shares being processed ...

so i dont understand what the issue is with your two machines getting different hashrates ... they need to - as they are different cards pointing in the same port capped at 0.97diff ... the hidiff port goes all the way up to 7diff - as we had to cap that to 7diff from 7000diff ... that port is something that will test your systems Wink ...

#crysx
I think you understood me completely wrong.
I mean that 0.97 for 6*1080 is fine (242Nh). 0.97 for 6/1070 is OK (180Mh)
But 0.97 for 5*1060 (107Mh) is not OK because - too rare shares ->big fluctuations in hashrate on the pool.
0.56 for 2*1080 (76) is not OK because no shares for 5 minutes is not OK in any way. The Rig is even lost from pool. (take a look at the picture I posted)
That's why I posted my vision for diff levels for different hashrates.
zeewor

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 02:36:10 PM

I have been testing the software and will be giving my point of view from a "mining-business" point of view. Tested on Windows 10 x64 LTSB & Pro edition.

I like the higher, and stable, difficulty on the pool. All workers strive to become the same difficulty of 248 (or such).
GUI is very pleasing to the eye, maybe the best one I've seen. I would like to see yet another wattage monitor for all GPUs combined. Like GPU1 120w, GPU2 120w, GPU3 150w, Total GPU wattage 390w. If CPU wattage could be included in a "Total System Wattage" monitoring that would also be interesting but not as important.
Stability was a small issue when pushing limits. If one card hangs up the miner looks like it's still working, except the Mh/s goes crazy and reports Gh/s into oblivion. I think most miners would love a software that excludes a faulty GPU from mining, reporting the owner via API, and continues on with the rest of the GPUs until there's time to look into the matter.

Since speed-optimization isn't yet a priority, I'm looking forward to see this project continue to develop.
Looking forward to next release and I will help with another evaluation.
Brucelats

Activity: 326
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 08:34:33 PM

0.9.9 release please Smiley Stability, easy to use is ok but everybody first always see on mhs and $ Smiley

depending on your machines - but if its a single system with its own worker on the pool - then -c <coin> --lodiff ...

otherwise - if it is a few machines on the one worker - leave the --lodiff parameter off ...

other settings to use are -i <intensity> depending on what card you use and many others ...

read through the readme.txt that comes with your welcome pack and download ... it explained the parameters you can use for the cards and systems you have ...

#crysx

Crysx, i asked several times. Is there an option to turn off miner when certain temperature is met, for safety? If my rig temperatures jump for more then 15-20% then ussual something is wrong, and throttling has no use kinda. It will either work on lower temp or not work at all, no need to throttle GPU-s on which cooling started to be a problem. It's not a solution.

If you dont have it, why and it would be amazing to have it. Or do you know some other way how to turn off miner if i reach certain temperature.

zero_sight

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 09:20:32 PM

#crysx

Crysx, i asked several times. Is there an option to turn off miner when certain temperature is met, for safety? If my rig temperatures jump for more then 15-20% then ussual something is wrong, and throttling has no use kinda. It will either work on lower temp or not work at all, no need to throttle GPU-s on which cooling started to be a problem. It's not a solution.

If you dont have it, why and it would be amazing to have it. Or do you know some other way how to turn off miner if i reach certain temperature.

Read the help file that came with the miner
klambu

Activity: 2

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 10:36:32 PM

#crysx

use --plimit=xxxW to throttle your cards to the point your heat dissipates
bel123

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 10:59:25 PM

how to set auto restart miner after errors?
Brucelats

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 12:45:22 AM

#crysx

Read the help file that came with the miner

I did but i dont know how to put it better. I dont need throttling my GPU i NEED something that WILL TURN OFF my MINER IF CERTAIN TEMPERATURE IS MET!

IF
{
GPU0, GPU1, ....temperature = 70 degrees;
CWIgm = CLOSE;
}

I need that for this reason. If my cooling fu*ks up then something is WRONG with my overall system where i keep my rigs, and then GPU throttle has no point, as i need to sort my cooling. So i need to turn OFF MINER, solve the problem and turn miner back on. I dont need GPU that doesnt work properly coz it's overheating coz outside failiure.

Brucelats

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 12:46:21 AM

#crysx

I already written it lol, i dont need to throttle my GPU i need to turn off MINING to prevent heat coming at all. So GPUs dont work at all and cool down until i fix my setup.

sparker327

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

Parachute for sale. Used once. Small red stain.

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 01:56:57 AM

#crysx

I already written it lol, i dont need to throttle my GPU i need to turn off MINING to prevent heat coming at all. So GPUs dont work at all and cool down until i fix my setup.

why dont you use a msi afterburner or similar product to tweak your GPU's and set temp limits? Throtteling your GPU does work and will allow them to cool off running at lower power. Instead of throttling I run my GPUs with the power down to around 70 percent and it keeps temps around 68-70 w/o extra fans. With afterburner I OC to keep the hashrates up with lower power. Seems to work fine. If your constantly getting high temps then maybe you need to check your setup and how your running your cooling. Are the fans giving proper airflow over your rig...etc. At this point if your having massive heat issues its not the miner, its your setup.
soggyminer

Activity: 45

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 02:16:36 AM

#crysx

why dont you use a msi afterburner or similar product to tweak your GPU's and set temp limits? Throtteling your GPU does work and will allow them to cool off running at lower power. Instead of throttling I run my GPUs with the power down to around 70 percent and it keeps temps around 68-70 w/o extra fans. With afterburner I OC to keep the hashrates up with lower power. Seems to work fine. If your constantly getting high temps then maybe you need to check your setup and how your running your cooling. Are the fans giving proper airflow over your rig...etc. At this point if your having massive heat issues its not the miner, its your setup.

Agreed. Using Afterburner and setting power limits, I don't have a single card running hotter than 62C with 50% fan speed and reduced power limit (Using 3 120mm fans at the front of my rack.) Without extra fans, the temps don't exceed 66C.

Reducing the power limit and setting a custom fan curve really makes a huge difference.
Brucelats

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 02:47:06 AM

I am using MSI afterburner and i have power limit and temperature limit and have custom fan curve. I also have --tlimit inside CWIgm miner. But in my mining rig system important role plays air conditioning coz i run my rigs during summer in a place where temperatures get high.

SO if my Air Conditioning fucks up, my temperatures can jump up to 20-30% and in case of that i dont want to throttle my GPU, as that will result in terrible mining experience, if any.

SO i kinda need to turn off miner if that happens. Also you never know if MSI afterburner might fuck up or smth. Dunno it would be easier if there is just simple command to limit temperature in a way, if certain temp is met, miner closes, like for safety measures.

For example set it to 75 degrees or 80 which is not healthy at all to run GPU-s at it. Or well it's individual but you get what i mean.

alebubu

Activity: 10

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 04:12:53 AM

My Rig has error 0xc000007b as graphic below. Please show me why.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2fLTpNZ_lgGc09pazNKYTFJdGc

killerelite

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 06:20:05 AM

Sir , I want to be a part of this closed beta if possible , Thanks

hi ...

what cards do you have and what operating system? ...

#crysx
Windows 7 64 bit , Have 1x 1060 ,2x 1070 , 1x 1080 , 1x 1080ti 
Kostya_NSK

Activity: 8

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 06:47:48 AM

#crysx

And where to get cwigm 0.9.9? And second important question - you announced acquisition of the project Sweepstakecoin. Whether the JHA algorithm will be added to the CWIgm miner and on your pool?

KR,

Konstantin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: