Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 11:52:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ### A ChainWorks Industries (CWI) Project - CWIgm | Simple Powerful Stable  (Read 67708 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
bigjee

Activity: 434
Merit: 107

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 02:07:42 PM

This team/projct is too slow to adapt to new algos.
No use polishing an outdated algo or one that is uesless to the masses. Should adapt more quickly to be taken seriously.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2018, 02:28:09 PM

No use polishing an outdated algo or one that is uesless to the masses. Should adapt more quickly to be taken seriously.

New algos are in the miner.

It seems you are not reading what I am writing.

I've said enough, as it is frustrating explaining that the miner is at it's peak in the algos built inside it, which include many of the newest aglos. So I'll say no more about the subject, as it seems that it falls on deaf ears.

Another thing I think that NONE of you all seem to understand, is that ALL these miners that exist today, are not OWED to you. NONE of them are, whether it be palgin, tpruvot or CWI. There is a fine line between the user mining, and the user EXPECTING. NO ONE here owes anyone a miner unless you have PAID for it. Then and ONLY then are you entitled your expectations.

I agree with you in respect to the keeping up to date, but seriously, if you think this is a race and we need to 'keep up', then you are mistaken. We could EASILY keep this private and grow our farm MUCH larger simply by NOT focusing on the development of the miner. Why is it you think that companies like NiceHash can BUY their developers away from startups like us?

Seems we will need to rethink what we supply to the mining community as a whole. Maybe we should start working like NiceHash and become a massive corporate that is able to absorb a 4700BTC 'theft' that is off the backs of it's customers. As it seems that what we are doing is not appreciated in the slightest.

CWIgm was meant to provide VALUE to the mining community, not create an army of miners that do nothing more than EXPECT as if we all owe them our hard work. I started as a miner, am still a miner, and whether an entrepreneur or not, will always be a miner. I certainly don't work that way, which is why I simply cannot understand where you have the right to demand and expect things from those that freely GIVE to you.

We are now looking for a professional C++/CUDA coder that is willing to work under contract. I have a LOT more ideas for the miner, and it is only one third the way to what I would like the miner to do. So depending on what happens in the coming weeks, the decision will be made whether to release the miner, or continue development internally, so that we too can work with the BTC that keeps stealing developers from good valued projects like ours.

This really is upsetting to see that most miners these days are doing nothing but spreading greed and gluttony, for the sake of a few dollars.

#crysx

e6ug

Activity: 773
Merit: 508

Bitcore (BTX) - The Future is Now

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 06:02:36 PM

I think more than anything miners are just disappointed because we loved cwigm-0.9.8. 

not sure why you think you have to revolutionize the mining ecosystem?  just add a few algos like "timetravel10"  keep them tied to your pools, and lets rock!  Wink

abudfv2008

Activity: 728
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 06:05:57 PM

1) I certainly don't work that way, which is why I simply cannot understand where you have the right to demand and expect things from those that freely GIVE to you.

2) Look it up in the dictionary, there is one only. Mentioning 'soon' means nothing more than that, soon. This could be soon as in 3 days 3 months or later. Soon means soon. Promise means promise. There is no different meanings. If there is a misunderstanding, then you really should look the word up. If I had said PROMISE in the ocrporate world, and not kept it, then I would be in default of something that is much worse than saying soon. Much much worse.
1) You are not correct. No one demand something from free opensource product. I don't expect or demand Epsylon to improve his miner because it is distributed freely as it is. On the contrary if you include devfee then your customer can expect something, maybe not demand but ask for some features. Just because it is win-win situation. Yes I think that I can ask/propose dev like palgin to improve his miner the way I think it should be - because i'm his customer, I'm buing his product. Your miner is the same as faras it has 0.7% devfee.

2) English is not my native language but you are talking about a "deal" in corporate world or "oath". Promise is more like a husband promising his wife not to cheat, each time after being caught. Anyway "soon" in crypto is no way close to 6 month (or how many more you need to release). This period has better variant - "not in this life".  Grin
bigjee

Activity: 434
Merit: 107

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 06:19:29 PM

I've said enough, as it is frustrating explaining that the miner is at it's peak in the algos built inside it, which include many of the newest aglos. So I'll say no more about the subject, as it seems that it falls on deaf ears.

Another thing I think that NONE of you all seem to understand, is that ALL these miners that exist today, are not OWED to you. NONE of them are, whether it be palgin, tpruvot or CWI. There is a fine line between the user mining, and the user EXPECTING. NO ONE here owes anyone a miner unless you have PAID for it. Then and ONLY then are you entitled your expectations.

I agree with you in respect to the keeping up to date, but seriously, if you think this is a race and we need to 'keep up', then you are mistaken. We could EASILY keep this private and grow our farm MUCH larger simply by NOT focusing on the development of the miner. Why is it you think that companies like NiceHash can BUY their developers away from startups like us?

Seems we will need to rethink what we supply to the mining community as a whole. Maybe we should start working like NiceHash and become a massive corporate that is able to absorb a 4700BTC 'theft' that is off the backs of it's customers. As it seems that what we are doing is not appreciated in the slightest.

CWIgm was meant to provide VALUE to the mining community, not create an army of miners that do nothing more than EXPECT as if we all owe them our hard work. I started as a miner, am still a miner, and whether an entrepreneur or not, will always be a miner. I certainly don't work that way, which is why I simply cannot understand where you have the right to demand and expect things from those that freely GIVE to you.

We are now looking for a professional C++/CUDA coder that is willing to work under contract. I have a LOT more ideas for the miner, and it is only one third the way to what I would like the miner to do. So depending on what happens in the coming weeks, the decision will be made whether to release the miner, or continue development internally, so that we too can work with the BTC that keeps stealing developers from good valued projects like ours.

This really is upsetting to see that most miners these days are doing nothing but spreading greed and gluttony, for the sake of a few dollars.

#crysx

Nice approach to being open minded to change.
If you have to repeat yourself over and over maybe the problem is with you and not others?
I never said you owe us anything. its to keep up with the competition; learn to take constructive criticism. PS nicehash is a pretty bad example I never used them despite their user base. If you dont want feedback, keep the miner private and dont post here. period.
chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 12:37:51 AM

I think more than anything miners are just disappointed because we loved cwigm-0.9.8. 

not sure why you think you have to revolutionize the mining ecosystem?  just add a few algos like "timetravel10"  keep them tied to your pools, and lets rock!  Wink

We are not looking at revolutionizing the ecosystem, just improving it.

No use reinventing the wheel, just make a much better one Wink

So we are doing just that.

#crysx

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 12:59:28 AM

1) I certainly don't work that way, which is why I simply cannot understand where you have the right to demand and expect things from those that freely GIVE to you.

2) Look it up in the dictionary, there is one only. Mentioning 'soon' means nothing more than that, soon. This could be soon as in 3 days 3 months or later. Soon means soon. Promise means promise. There is no different meanings. If there is a misunderstanding, then you really should look the word up. If I had said PROMISE in the ocrporate world, and not kept it, then I would be in default of something that is much worse than saying soon. Much much worse.
1) You are not correct. No one demand something from free opensource product. I don't expect or demand Epsylon to improve his miner because it is distributed freely as it is. On the contrary if you include devfee then your customer can expect something, maybe not demand but ask for some features. Just because it is win-win situation. Yes I think that I can ask/propose dev like palgin to improve his miner the way I think it should be - because i'm his customer, I'm buing his product. Your miner is the same as faras it has 0.7% devfee.

2) English is not my native language but you are talking about a "deal" in corporate world or "oath". Promise is more like a husband promising his wife not to cheat, each time after being caught. Anyway "soon" in crypto is no way close to 6 month (or how many more you need to release). This period has better variant - "not in this life".  Grin

Understood.

Though I think you confuse EXPECTING with ACCEPTING. Eitherway, I do agree with you on that point that the expectation is there when people pay for the product. We have no 'dev fee' in the miner. NONE ZILCH NADA!

We tie the miner to our pools which have a 0.7% fee whether you use our miner or any other miner. Semantics admittedly, but very important differences. ALL our pools have a tiny 0.7% fee for use, and as such can never constitute a miner 'dev' fee. We lock the miner to our pools for many other reasons that just to have the mining effort directed to our pools. Stability and course of support/bug tracking are two of the main reasons.

You mentioned rune is laughing earlier - when by having our main dev poached by large corporates like our competitors will make life MUCH more difficult in the mining scene, yet you STILL manage to use their pools, stratums, and make them MUCH more money (their main focus) than they already have. This is the considerations we need to take on board as MONEY seems to be the language all of you speak, not honesty in business and a level playing field. Which is disgusting at the very core of it. So be it.

Trust plays a MASSIVE part with CWI - and once broken is VERY difficult to regain, as long as I am at the helm of this business, about to be incorporated as a Proprietary Company. Money is NOT the focus, products and developments are. Due to this, we have stayed under the radar, but have also caught the eye of multibillion dollar corporations as well. Let's see how all this pans out.

As for YOU personally, I cannot speak on your behalf obviously, but the consensus is plainly that expectations and acceptance is the main core of what is wrong wiht the system of mining today. We WILL help combat this, but not when appreciation and acceptance is not part of the 'deal'. I unfortunately cannot accept developers being bought, and as such cannot accept such sentiments inour business. Luckily though there are quite a few (attested to the PM I have been receiving) that I really should not use the words 'THE BEST' but rather 'THE BEST at this monent in time' when referring to developers. There are always better, it is the price that unfortunately matters with most of them. There are plenty of these sorts of fish in the sea, but we are now after the mermaid, not those that can be bought.

As for the language barrier, I understand also, but you must realize that these ARE binding contracts on a verbal level when a PROMISE is made, whether in your example of husband and wife, or in the corporate world. A Bind is a BIND and it IS legal, regardless of your interpretation of it. I make no promises unless they are set in concrete.

Plans are different, where 'soon' or 'later' or 'possibly' comes into play. I come from the corporate world (which I despise with a passion due to the sellouts and backstabbing), so I have more than enough experience to know when things are a promise or a plan.

My promises are not broken.

CWIgm lives and breathes, and will see the light of day, one way or another. Will I 'promise' that? No way. This is all determined by what happens next and whether our code, similar or not, gets used elsewhere by the company that has now bought the prior dev to CWIgm.

#crysx

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 01:03:46 AM
Last edit: January 11, 2018, 11:36:10 AM by chrysophylax

#crysx

Nice approach to being open minded to change.
If you have to repeat yourself over and over maybe the problem is with you and not others?
I never said you owe us anything. its to keep up with the competition; learn to take constructive criticism. PS nicehash is a pretty bad example I never used them despite their user base. If you dont want feedback, keep the miner private and dont post here. period.

This repetition is FOR the people's understanding and repetitive questions, though exhausting.

So agreed, it is MY fault for continuing to pander to everyones same questions, So it will be set in stone soon.

As for the miner, we have that suggestion on the table right now, but will see how things go in the coming months. We have many different scenarios where this will be beneficial either to CWI alone, to the community, or to the both of us. Again though, will see how we go.

#crysx

neoline

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 08:10:41 PM

good luck, CWI
can's wait for the new release  Roll Eyes
chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 06:40:37 AM

good luck, CWI
can's wait for the new release  Roll Eyes

Hi All.

We have decided to keep CWIgm-0.9.9 under wraps as an internal miner, and nothing more for the time being.

This decision was not easily made, as there have been massive amounts of advancements in the miner itself, and we really wanted to make it something VERY special. We believe we have succeeded, but due to certain factors we are still ironing out, we will be using the latest code internally in theFARM, while we are currently growing/building theFARM (Module 001) to a level that is sustainable with CWIgm.

This decision may change in the very near future, or further down the line, depending on what happens with our other projects, and deals we are finalizing as we speak.

It could be a few weeks to a few months to possibly never. We cannot say just yet whether we are going to release THIS particular version of the miner or not. One thing we are certain of is that we WILL continue to develop theMINER Wink

#crysx

Alegro40

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 06:39:11 PM

Bingo! Bravisimo! Shocked
Worthy result! In other areas everything is the same
sparker327

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

Parachute for sale. Used once. Small red stain.

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 04:37:15 PM

i know you guys are busy but any idea when sweep pool will be running normal? I know your investigating some back end issues but its been a few days so just curious.

thanks
restless
Legendary

Activity: 1151
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 06:41:30 PM

... so many words written for nothing Sad
chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 08:20:49 AM

i know you guys are busy but any idea when sweep pool will be running normal? I know your investigating some back end issues but its been a few days so just curious.

thanks

This really should be written in the SWEEP thread sparker Smiley

I have just come back online from a system crash and a (almost straight) three days rebuild. aSeems that all my data has been restored and all systems are go. Just need a few more things to get sorted and I will be working on all matter CWI, alongside theTEAM once again. The pools especially, as that server is well overloaded now, and was never 'really' the one that was supposed to go into production.

We have commissioned new servers and the rebuild is happening all this week as time and teething issues allow, as the setup is completely different to the current one, allowing flexibility, stability, and in a DDOS event, will only have the frontend lock out, not the rest of the pool systems. CWIgm is locked to our pools, and CWIgm-0.9.9 is being used internally with both Windows (in the next few days) as well as a linux test build. So work will continue to get done on the CWI-Mining platform.

From what can be seems though in answer to the SWEEP questions, the PPLNS payout module is locked, and as such the backend systems cannot continue, especially with regards to payouts, until the PPLNS system is completed. This determines who has how many coins per round/block. Being as backlogged as it is, it will mean that this process will take a LONG time to complete. Mining is not affected, as the daemon and Obsidian (our stratum) are still fully operational.

We will get to it a little later, as i have much to catch up still from my unplanned disappearance for three days, considering the pool is my area and responsibility. So apologies for the lateness, but it was all completely out of my hands.

Your mining is NOT going to waste though, and the miners are still being awarded correctly.

#crysx

e6ug

Activity: 773
Merit: 508

Bitcore (BTX) - The Future is Now

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:17:08 AM

good luck, CWI

Hi All.

We have decided to keep CWIgm-0.9.9 under wraps as an internal miner, and nothing more for the time being.

This decision was not easily made, as there have been massive amounts of advancements in the miner itself, and we really wanted to make it something VERY special. We believe we have succeeded, but due to certain factors we are still ironing out, we will be using the latest code internally in theFARM, while we are currently growing/building theFARM (Module 001) to a level that is sustainable with CWIgm.

This decision may change in the very near future, or further down the line, depending on what happens with our other projects, and deals we are finalizing as we speak.

It could be a few weeks to a few months to possibly never. We cannot say just yet whether we are going to release THIS particular version of the miner or not. One thing we are certain of is that we WILL continue to develop theMINER Wink

#crysx

any chance you have had a sudden change of heart? i can see that beautiful CWIgm-0.9.9 interface in my dreams at night  Cry

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2018, 09:35:17 AM

good luck, CWI

Hi All.

#crysx

any chance you have had a sudden change of heart? i can see that beautiful CWIgm-0.9.9 interface in my dreams at night  Cry

hehehe - I like that. Dreams!

I have decided to suspend CWIgm-0.9.9 because of the factors I wrote about earlier. The miner itself is fully functional, we just need to get the thing compiled and running in a controlled windows environment so we can test properly. The previous dev used to do this, and I will be the first to admit I do not know how to compile this miner in that damned Windows OS. So I will learn.

So far, CWIgm-0.9.9 under linux works almost flawlessly. We will not release it under Linux or Windows though unless the decision has been made to. For the time being, it stays suspended, but I can show you a pic or two of it running with the new algos on stock systems if you really want it. This will not mean we will release, but just to show that we have been VERY serious about releasing it before. No dev though, means I had to reconsider the consequences of releasing without his overview. Or at least the overview of a dev I can trust to take over the project right now.

Will see what happens, as we are growing rapidly now, and payment for a talented dev like this is a lot easier now, so we will see in the coming weeks.

#crysx

bk2000

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 11:27:35 AM

Surely there must be some talented Dev's reading this thread who want to get in on the action?  Wink

Always liked this miner and sad to see release suspended.  Unfortunately I am useless at programming, otherwise I'd offer to help myself! 

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord   ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
zorvalth

Activity: 223

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 10:07:43 PM

Sadly epic fail, but honestly not surprised... There is a saying in my country, louder the dog barking lesser it bites, and you were barking a lot....
chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2018, 04:47:17 AM

Sadly epic fail, but honestly not surprised... There is a saying in my country, louder the dog barking lesser it bites, and you were barking a lot....

This si where you are completely wrong.

It shows the lack of understanding AND the empty mindedness you protray as a person. Especially when the developer that was working on the code, decides to jump ship because of money instead of following the plan from the beginning, and sticking to the goal of producing a miner that is BY FAR the most superior miner on the market to date ... AND FREE!

So it is NO surprise to me or to theTEAM at CWI that people like you exist.

There is a saying in my native tongue also, and it goes along the lines of - those who THINK they know everything, usually do. Leave those people to their own devices because they are the ones that will never be convinced otherwise.

So negative bull crap like yours is not welcome here.

It is NOT our fault that the developer/engineer decided that money and moving to another entity that would pay him more, was more important than providing the community the BEST miner to date, and as such forcing other so called developers out of their cheating the community members from their hard earned BTC/money. THAT is the reason CWIgm was born, NOT because it was going to make much more money than any other, and THAT is the reason that a great deal of developers refuse to work on a project like this. Greed play a massive part in all that goes in Crypto, and unfortunately, I am VERY disappointed in the Developer/Engineer that worked on CWIgm as he seems to have become just like the others in this industry, and NOT the unique person I thought he was.

So when you speak of us as having no bite - come and try me. Unlike you, we at least gave it a go, and STILL are trying to get this to the masses. What are you doing about it?

BTW - I have pics of the miner running multiple Algos other than the two we installed into CWIgm-0.9.8 - and they are STILL more optimized and the miner is by FAR a better miner than any one I have seen to date. We will NOT release this version 0.9.9 unless we have confirmation that it will be further developed by a talented Developer that CARES about releasing a quality miner and that GIVES A DAMN about the mining community like we do, and not his own damned pocket.

And to think negative people like you will benefit from it as well. What a bark we have huh?!?!?!

#crysx

zorvalth

Activity: 223

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 05:45:31 AM

And again... words....words... Its so simple dont announce anything before its ready, dont give promises and dont make people expect something that there is a chance you cant provide. Its not fail the developers left, fail is the way you served the information. You have amazing novel writing skills but extremely poor marketing ones. I've(probably everyone) also started projects in life which i couldnt finish but havnt let anyone expectations down because only a close circle about them.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: