Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:00:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 ... 287 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] ⚡ Electroneum ⚡ Token Sale Sept 14th Mobile Mining Crypto Coin  (Read 315103 times)
contraband

Activity: 1232
Merit: 528

Community Manager: ETN

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 12:42:25 AM

Guys - I have a serious concern about electroneum and I hope someone will answer this.

I like the idea of marketing through an app and making it viral to bring it to the masses - I don't know how likely it'll be successful and wish the app would have been available to investors to try out because that seems to be electroneum's USP.

The reason I haven't invested in this is -

(1) I haven't seen the app

(2) If the idea is to make this viral a lot of people are going to get cheap/almost free coins and there's going to be a huge dump in the market bringing the value of investors in the ICO down.

(3) Most of the initial budget seems to be geared towards app marketing and development - hardly anything for customer acquisition (I mean 'use case' customers, not app customers) - which will give electroneum ultimately its value

If this is marketed virally and people start to dump people will start to lose faith in it. I hope I'm mistaken and there is an immediate use case solution to drive up the value which will in it's own way encourage viral marketing further since it will drive up value of the coin.

Also, is there any difference between the coin itself seems to be very similar to aeon.cash, I would be interested in knowing the differences. Aeon also markets itself as a mobile friendly cryptocurrency and it is also based on the Cryptonote algorithm.

Electroneum can't be sold for 12 months is what I read. But you can mine and buy in November. there was a video of electroneum stating this too.

The information in the above quote is incorrect

Not sold for 12 months? Why would you come here and spread this misinformation?

ETN is can be bought and sold at will when launch comes Nov 1st.

The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
contraband

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 12:44:28 AM

I did not understand how to use phones for mining. How powerful will be for phones when they are so powerful, super computers are used in mining. Do you think the possibility of breaking the phones?

Please read the whitepaper, and the multiple times this has been addressed upthread.

It puts as much stress on your phone as visiting a wikipedia page, and mines REAL Electroneum coins.

BlackWidow

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 12:49:04 AM

Guys - I have a serious concern about electroneum and I hope someone will answer this.

I like the idea of marketing through an app and making it viral to bring it to the masses - I don't know how likely it'll be successful and wish the app would have been available to investors to try out because that seems to be electroneum's USP.

(2) If the idea is to make this viral a lot of people are going to get cheap/almost free coins and there's going to be a huge dump in the market bringing the value of investors in the ICO down.

(3) Most of the initial budget seems to be geared towards app marketing and development - hardly anything for customer acquisition (I mean 'use case' customers, not app customers) - which will give electroneum ultimately its value

If this is marketed virally and people start to dump people will start to lose faith in it. I hope I'm mistaken and there is an immediate use case solution to drive up the value which will in it's own way encourage viral marketing further since it will drive up value of the coin.

Also, is there any difference between the coin itself seems to be very similar to aeon.cash, I would be interested in knowing the differences. Aeon also markets itself as a mobile friendly cryptocurrency and it is also based on the Cryptonote algorithm.

Electroneum can't be sold for 12 months is what I read. But you can mine and buy in November. there was a video of electroneum stating this too.

I believe a lot of people who've invested in electroneum and replied to this thread would be looking to do short term trades - and if what you say is true a lot of people are going to be disappointed and frustrated. Has the elctroneum team disclosed this upfront on their website and/or white paper?

Short term trading is extremely important to keep visibility and interest in the coin. Liquidity is a big concern for token holders and is one of the cornerstones of cryptocurrencies.

Ok Krap....dude

No

No

And

No

You do not know what the hell you are talking about.

BlackWidow

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 12:53:22 AM

Everybody what is the best set up to mine Electroneum?? Im a trader not a miner but id like to mine Electroneum at full capacity on a miner or PC mining rig. What is the best that will mine Electroneum? Ill buy what I need and have it ready asap. Thanks

Watch out guys

This is the same guy that caused the devs to put out a scam alert!!!!

Go hang out by a fountian. Join an airdrop coin. Stay away from this serious project with your bullshit
contraband

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 01:01:52 AM

1. The app is available

2. If millions of users seem like a dis-advantage to you, maybe you are looking at it through a short term lense? This is a serious long term project.

3. Well, #3 is simply incorrect in its assumptions. I dont follow the logic to even explain where you went wrong there.

Lets not shill other coins

Deep breaths Blackwidow Shocked
Please
contraband

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 01:06:04 AM

I have read different posts about "is the phore really mining or not" and other stuff... and so on , and so on

But i have a question that i didn't see asking or answering(maybe its answed but i didn't see in the forum)

Does the number of coins that you have in your phone wallet(or desktop wallet) affects the reward you get?
In other words, when you have more coins, you get more coins from mining? (like Proof of Stake)
So does the number of coins you have count?
Thanx for your time

Good question.

No it does not.

You can mine with a zero balance at first.

Electroneum is POW, not POS

Thanks
bayu7adi

Activity: 1400
Merit: 544

paper money is going away

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2017, 01:42:11 AM

We know, smartphone user is very much. Do you have a plan to keep the stability of coin prices?
contraband

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 01:43:00 AM

I have read different posts about "is the phore really mining or not" and other stuff... and so on , and so on

But i have a question that i didn't see asking or answering(maybe its answed but i didn't see in the forum)

Does the number of coins that you have in your phone wallet(or desktop wallet) affects the reward you get?
In other words, when you have more coins, you get more coins from mining? (like Proof of Stake)
So does the number of coins you have count?
Thanx for your time

Good question.

No it does not.

You can mine with a zero balance at first.

Electroneum is POW, not POS

Thanks
Ok , thanx,
One good thing of this , is avoiding whales to get all the rewards..
Seems somehow fair  for all the investors, even for the small ones

Definately the best deal "the little guy" has seen in a minute
contraband

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 01:44:08 AM

We know, smartphone user is very much. Do you have a plan to keep the stability of coin prices?

Stability should come with time.

But look at Bitcoin still? Cant control the markets.
HippiePyro

Activity: 476
Merit: 107

A non technical guy in a technical world

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 02:08:59 AM

My account says I have 4 referrals but only shows one bonus. Is this a cumulative total or has only 1 invested?
boulard83

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 02:16:24 AM

My account says I have 4 referrals but only shows one bonus. Is this a cumulative total or has only 1 invested?

People can register without investing money. Logic Wink

PC Hardware junky | Gaming • 5930K • 32gb • GTX1070 • BenQ XR3501 144hz | Server • Dual E5-2670 16c/32t • 32gb ECC • GTX1050ti • 3 SSD + Multiple HDDs
contraband

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 02:24:41 AM

From the sound of your description, you have 4 registered and 1 that actually invested.
roger46

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 02:28:20 AM

Yeah, we will see soon mining website like for the piratebay for mobiles...
_CryptoBeggar

Activity: 23

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2017, 05:45:48 AM

Devs cannot sell for 12 months not everyone.
ok. I knew there was something I miss understood on that.
19Nov16

Activity: 1722
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 05:47:40 AM

Interesting project because it utilizes mobile for mining, I can not wait to look forward to the continuation of this project and will invest with a little ETH.

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
cogwise
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights   ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

_CryptoBeggar

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2017, 05:54:08 AM

I believe a lot of people who've invested in electroneum and replied to this thread would be looking to do short term trades - and if what you say is true a lot of people are going to be disappointed and frustrated. Has the elctroneum team disclosed this upfront on their website and/or white paper?

Short term trading is extremely important to keep visibility and interest in the coin. Liquidity is a big concern for token holders and is one of the cornerstones of cryptocurrencies.

someone here said its no selling first 12 months was for the Dev's not everyone. and No, If people are invest in electroneum short term then they shouldn't even invest. it will take 1 to 2 years before its really worth selling. 90% of all new coins take 9 months before it starts to clim. half of those get a nice big jump 1 to 2 months after launch then drops back down and really raises at 9 month to 12 months. Only invest to hold at least 12 months. This coin has the ability to become big. If we short sell I, it won't grow. #JustHODL
_CryptoBeggar

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2017, 06:00:16 AM

The information in the above quote is incorrect

Not sold for 12 months? Why would you come here and spread this misinformation?

ETN is can be bought and sold at will when launch comes Nov 1st.

It was stated in a video from electroneum and in a forum. I misunderstood. The "12 month no selling" was for the Dev's not everyone.
_CryptoBeggar

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2017, 06:07:20 AM

Ok Krap....dude

No

No

And

No

You do not know what the hell you are talking about.

I already stated this that I misunderstood the video. It was stated in a video from electroneum guy and in a forum. I misunderstood. The "12 month no selling" was for the Dev's not everyone.
_CryptoBeggar

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2017, 06:15:31 AM
Last edit: October 07, 2017, 06:31:54 AM by _CryptoBeggar

Everybody what is the best set up to mine Electroneum?? Im a trader not a miner but id like to mine Electroneum at full capacity on a miner or PC mining rig. What is the best that will mine Electroneum? Ill buy what I need and have it ready asap. Thanks

Watch out guys

This is the same guy that caused the devs to put out a scam alert!!!!

Go hang out by a fountian. Join an airdrop coin. Stay away from this serious project with your bullshit

This is a straight out lie. Your probably the guy that was scamming me. Telling me to give my email and password and pm me saying to give you bitcoins or you keep rumor to get me kicked. I probably have helped out and supported electroneum more then you. everyone here can check my twitter and see I'm a big supporter, and probably bigger supporter than you. your the lier and probably the scammer.
Karpediem

Activity: 27

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 07:07:44 AM

1. The app is available

2. If millions of users seem like a dis-advantage to you, maybe you are looking at it through a short term lense? This is a serious long term project.

3. Well, #3 is simply incorrect in its assumptions. I dont follow the logic to even explain where you went wrong there.

Lets not shill other coins

Deep breaths Blackwidow Shocked
Please

Hi contraband, appreciate the straightforward replies, which is why we have anns in forums like this, so investors can reach out to devs/team and get their doubts cleared. I'll check out the app - this is the app mining game that's the focus for getting viral correct? Is it available on the istore?

Regarding point number 2 - It's not that I'm looking at it from a short term lens, I'm just deciding whether I should invest in the ICO now or buy it from an exchange later. If there is an upside to buying into the ICO I would like to know - because with the current developments it looks like I would get more value when this hits exchanges. Either way as of now I intend to contribute.

Regarding point number 3 - unless a coin possesses inherent use value - for example people buy ethers to invest in ICOs; this is a use value for ethers, and this drives the price of ethers up.

In the case of electroneum, there seems to be a lot of focus into viral marketing and mining, which means lot of coins being out there with probably only speculative value, and no inherent use value. In the white paper there are mentions of intent of targeting gaming and gambling sectors as use cases but no further details, and it seems to me it will take a long time for inherent use value to be built up.

My personal analysis is that this is a good project, with a good team, but with a long way to go so I believe I would get more value investing later on rather than the ICO, unless the devs can elaborate otherwise.

And most white papers / ico websites have comparisons of similar concepts and competitors, I was wondering if there is a differentiation between electroneum and aeon; I have no investment in aeon but it seems to be similar. I certainly hope mentioning another coin is not shilling.
Pages: « 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 ... 287 »
  Print  

Jump to: