Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 12:27:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... 287 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] ⚡ Electroneum ⚡ Token Sale Sept 14th Mobile Mining Crypto Coin  (Read 315107 times)
contraband

Activity: 1232
Merit: 528

Community Manager: ETN

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 07:39:41 PM

I'm ok with cryptopia but i'd like to see Bittrex sooner than later.

Im with you on Bittrex, that wont be a problem.
iwouldntknow

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 07:47:33 PM

I get the intent behind the coin and I can see it potentially being somewhat widespread if the app makes it easy to deal with but if there are no real world uses for the coin, how will it go up in value?  Lets say millions of people download the app and use it "mine" coins.  What will they then do with those coins? 

They can't use them to actually pay for anything so for any real value they'd have to still open up an account and deal with an exchange which is what the coin is supposedly trying to remove, the complexity of crypto to new users.  What am I missing/
contraband

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 09:01:02 PM

I get the intent behind the coin and I can see it potentially being somewhat widespread if the app makes it easy to deal with but if there are no real world uses for the coin, how will it go up in value?  Lets say millions of people download the app and use it "mine" coins.  What will they then do with those coins? 

They can't use them to actually pay for anything so for any real value they'd have to still open up an account and deal with an exchange which is what the coin is supposedly trying to remove, the complexity of crypto to new users.  What am I missing/

You are missing the VALUE that comes with millions of users.

The same can be said for Bitcoin.

I would be hard pressed to go find even a hamburger without cash.

contraband

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 09:02:41 PM

There are also lists of use cases in the whitepaper ETN plans for adoption
BTCINVESTOR

Activity: 176
Merit: 101

Cryptographic money will be the bedrock in time.

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 09:03:58 PM

I get the intent behind the coin and I can see it potentially being somewhat widespread if the app makes it easy to deal with but if there are no real world uses for the coin, how will it go up in value?  Lets say millions of people download the app and use it "mine" coins.  What will they then do with those coins?  

They can't use them to actually pay for anything so for any real value they'd have to still open up an account and deal with an exchange which is what the coin is supposedly trying to remove, the complexity of crypto to new users.  What am I missing/

The goal these guys have is to make the user experience so easy that widespread adoption occurs based on it being a smartphone app. If they garner more users than bitcoin in a relatively short period of time, the sheer size of the network will be one of the largest in the world. If they hit 5 million app downloads they will rival even bitcoin in numbers. If they can get that big, people will be using this coin for all kinds of real world liquidity. They are hoping to get big with gaming.

Bitcoin had the same problem in the beginning but as adoption increased, it is now being used almost as a currency. I have said for years that the team that creates an app based system that is easy to use will change crypto. If an app like this went viral, it could get 20-50 million users which would easily make it the most widely used cryptocurrency in the world. People won't care about exchanges at that point. They will simply be transferring the value with the app itself like it was some kind of bank account. I see teens and young people flocking to this.

Use referral code EE74C9

Math based currencies will supplant all sovereign currencies over time. Buy them now.
HenrikL

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 09:06:18 PM

Is it possible to mine this on an iPhone 6?
BTCINVESTOR

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 09:06:29 PM

I get the intent behind the coin and I can see it potentially being somewhat widespread if the app makes it easy to deal with but if there are no real world uses for the coin, how will it go up in value?  Lets say millions of people download the app and use it "mine" coins.  What will they then do with those coins?  

They can't use them to actually pay for anything so for any real value they'd have to still open up an account and deal with an exchange which is what the coin is supposedly trying to remove, the complexity of crypto to new users.  What am I missing/

The goal these guys have is to make the user experience so easy that widespread adoption occurs based on it being a smartphone app. If they garner more users than bitcoin in a relatively short period of time, the sheer size of the network will be one of the largest in the world. If they hit 5 million app downloads they will rival even bitcoin in numbers. If they can get that big, people will be using this coin for all kinds of real world liquidity. They are hoping to get big with gaming.

Bitcoin had the same problem in the beginning but as adoption increased, it is now being used almost as a currency. I have said for years that the team that creates an app based system that is easy to use will change crypto. If an app like this went viral, it could get 20-50 million users which would easily make it the most widely used cryptocurrency in the world. People won't care about exchanges at that point. They will simply be transferring the value with the app itself like it was some kind of bank account. I see teens and young people flocking to this.

Use referral code EE74C9

Math based currencies will supplant all sovereign currencies over time. Buy them now.
BTCINVESTOR

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 09:07:34 PM

Not sure why that went through twice  Undecided

Imikocha

Activity: 70

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 09:08:51 PM

Yes it is!
iOS app hasn't released yet, due to Apple being strict. But it will come around 1st of November!
contraband

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 09:15:28 PM

Yes
iwouldntknow

Activity: 87

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 09:19:51 PM

Bitcoin had the same problem in the beginning but as adoption increased, it is now being used almost as a currency. I have said for years that the team that creates an app based system that is easy to use will change crypto. If an app like this went viral, it could get 20-50 million users which would easily make it the most widely used cryptocurrency in the world. People won't care about exchanges at that point. They will simply be transferring he value with the app itself like it was some kind of bank account. I see teens and young people flocking to this.

I get what you guys are saying but downloads of a free app means nada if nothing comes of it.  Once people realize that the coins they are getting have no real value to them unless they go through the hassle of opening up an account in an exchange and figuring out how to transfer funds (for the whole $5 they made after 3 months) which is already one of the major hurdles keeping people out of crypto they'll probably just move on.  Electroneum claims to be the easy way but the road leads there anyways.  

The whole widespread usage great  but the app seems nothing more than a marketing ploy when they state their target group is the gaming industry.  That is a relatively small segment of society, not something that will garner widespread adoption of the masses.  Even if it manages to get people interested in crypto it doesn't guarantee they'd stick with Electroneum just because it was what got them interested in the first place.  
Imikocha

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 09:44:09 PM

Bitcoin had the same problem in the beginning but as adoption increased, it is now being used almost as a currency. I have said for years that the team that creates an app based system that is easy to use will change crypto. If an app like this went viral, it could get 20-50 million users which would easily make it the most widely used cryptocurrency in the world. People won't care about exchanges at that point. They will simply be transferring he value with the app itself like it was some kind of bank account. I see teens and young people flocking to this.

I get what you guys are saying but downloads of a free app means nada if nothing comes of it.  Once people realize that the coins they are getting have no real value to them unless they go through the hassle of opening up an account in an exchange and figuring out how to transfer funds (for the whole $5 they made after 3 months) which is already one of the major hurdles keeping people out of crypto they'll probably just move on.  Electroneum claims to be the easy way but the road leads there anyways.  

The whole widespread usage great  but the app seems nothing more than a marketing ploy when they state their target group is the gaming industry.  That is a relatively small segment of society, not something that will garner widespread adoption of the masses.  Even if it manages to get people interested in crypto it doesn't guarantee they'd stick with Electroneum just because it was what got them interested in the first place.  

Afaik Evercoin doesn't need an account open to trade, which is one of the exchanges that is, afaik, confirmed, so they could be integrated into the app and used that way.
The transfer funds-hurdle will be addressed in the app as a game where you learn to do all these things, lowering the steep learning curve.

No it doesn't guarantee it will stick with them, but it most likely will be their reference point later on, and their go to crypto.
Lionel

Activity: 613
Merit: 305

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 10:30:38 PM

Hello,
the 21st September i sent my ETH deposit to the address 0xCA3633109d33503B12Cc6f7A9bF859a98f533De3
but it is still pending on my Electroneum Dashboard and i've not received my ETN.

Why ?

---
Requested Transaction
Your Ethereum transaction of 0.0208 ETH made on Thursday 21 September 2017 is currently pending
--

On Etherscan it shows that address has the ETH in it.

Have you pushed the "Transfer confirmed" button on the Electroneum website?

Yes i did.

And a friend of mine had the same issue, he deposited the same amount as me the same day to 0xf8E2912F81013da5A0c9E16550A413e12bcda221
but until yesterday his ETN deposit was still Pending.
Now i don't know if it's confirmed but i'll ask.

Please can you confirm manually?
In the Requested Transactions section there is not even a button to confirm that myself.

P.S. The only thing that comes to my mind is... we have purchased the ETH from Bitstamp and sent them from there directly to your ETH addresses.
Was that bad ? Is that the reason why your system did not detect the transaction ?

Actually in Bitstamp there was a warning that suggests it's better not to send coins to ICO addresses. But without an explanation why.
I wonder how an "ICO" address is different than any normal address after all ??

You must go back to to the Electromeum website and hit "transfer confirmed"

https://youtu.be/390SGZz0p6c

Just like this guy did around the 13:00 minute mark

I did it once and i have done it again now.

I have chosen to buy Electroneum with 0.0208 ETH ( screenshot https://1drv.ms/i/s!Ao4pRXNsgcpfi0aTz_xG7tQe0t2K )

After i clicked on Buy Electroneum With Ethereum i have clicked on the Transfer Confirmed button and then the site showed me this:  https://1drv.ms/i/s!Ao4pRXNsgcpfi0Up4TaeCYUCWVou

Didn't work.... Sad

Hi mate.

I think you need to contact support on this site: https://electroneum.zendesk.com/hc
Sorry to hear about it not working, i am sure the Devs will be able to sort it out and help you! Fingers crossed for solving the issue fast Smiley

They solved that manually.
Thanks!
Hope this currency will skyrocket and prosper
Imikocha

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 11:21:59 PM

Hello,
the 21st September i sent my ETH deposit to the address 0xCA3633109d33503B12Cc6f7A9bF859a98f533De3
but it is still pending on my Electroneum Dashboard and i've not received my ETN.

Why ?

---
Requested Transaction
Your Ethereum transaction of 0.0208 ETH made on Thursday 21 September 2017 is currently pending
--

On Etherscan it shows that address has the ETH in it.

Have you pushed the "Transfer confirmed" button on the Electroneum website?

Yes i did.

And a friend of mine had the same issue, he deposited the same amount as me the same day to 0xf8E2912F81013da5A0c9E16550A413e12bcda221
but until yesterday his ETN deposit was still Pending.
Now i don't know if it's confirmed but i'll ask.

Please can you confirm manually?
In the Requested Transactions section there is not even a button to confirm that myself.

P.S. The only thing that comes to my mind is... we have purchased the ETH from Bitstamp and sent them from there directly to your ETH addresses.
Was that bad ? Is that the reason why your system did not detect the transaction ?

Actually in Bitstamp there was a warning that suggests it's better not to send coins to ICO addresses. But without an explanation why.
I wonder how an "ICO" address is different than any normal address after all ??

You must go back to to the Electromeum website and hit "transfer confirmed"

https://youtu.be/390SGZz0p6c

Just like this guy did around the 13:00 minute mark

I did it once and i have done it again now.

I have chosen to buy Electroneum with 0.0208 ETH ( screenshot https://1drv.ms/i/s!Ao4pRXNsgcpfi0aTz_xG7tQe0t2K )

After i clicked on Buy Electroneum With Ethereum i have clicked on the Transfer Confirmed button and then the site showed me this:  https://1drv.ms/i/s!Ao4pRXNsgcpfi0Up4TaeCYUCWVou

Didn't work.... Sad

Hi mate.

I think you need to contact support on this site: https://electroneum.zendesk.com/hc
Sorry to hear about it not working, i am sure the Devs will be able to sort it out and help you! Fingers crossed for solving the issue fast Smiley

They solved that manually.
Thanks!
Hope this currency will skyrocket and prosper

You are very welcome! Glad it got resolved! Cheesy
TagaMungkahi

Activity: 364
Merit: 118

Bounty Campaign Manager? --> https://goo.gl/YRVVt3

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 01:41:58 AM

Hi, I've installed the Electroneum on my Mobile but i cannot find my Electroneum Wallet Address, Please help me, Thanks.

contraband

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 01:51:13 AM

The App IS a marketing ploy to gain adoption. They will download the app to get free money, which will be $5 to $8 a month, and not the $1.66 suggested.

You agree we will bring onboard users at a rate crypto has never seen, yes?

You sound like someone from out of the crypto world and these are legit concerns, dont get me wrong, but many cryptos have produced 100x gains +++  that have done much less.

You dont agree that millions of users of an App will bring IMMENSE value to a crypto. I get that for now.

Thats fine that you dont see it that way and all, but there are those that do, which will make it skyrocket in price right there.
That value added just by perception, and that happens a lot of times in cryptoland.

But then everyone eventually dumps, right? I do truly understand where you are coming from, as I used to feel the same way.

The difference is this crypto will gain a ton of users just because of the initial buzz. Everyone will want to get free money.

What I would point out here is that on top of that viral effect, marketing Apps in mainstream markets comes down to cost per acquisition, the advertising cost paid per download. It is way way way less than a dollar.

These guys have already paid their own money to design everything ahead of time.

They have first mover advantage as the first crypto mined successfully and safely on a cellphone.

They are in the top on their field (marketing) and they know how to get downloads.

They have already raised 3 million and will end up with 10-15 million.

But you dont argue that, they are gonna get millions of downloads, what you seem to question is what effect that will have on the markets.

They will easily pass Bitcoin in total users, which has never been done. This will generate a ton of press, which will only move the growing snowball down the hill faster.

Will the news that Electroneum passed Bitcoin in amount of users cause ETN to pass Bitcoin in marketcap? No. That will not be enough.

What it will do is reach $1 or so a coin and be worth 10-15% of the marketcap Bitcoin has now.

Why?

Because a network with millions of people has value. The news of having the most crypto users has value. Investors will see it as the next big thing and buyers will flock to the markets.

This will only get it more attention, and the snowball continues to pick up speed and only increase in size.

Bitcoin has 3 million users. ETN will have more. It wont cost $4000 a piece, but those that got in for a penny or less will make absolutely insane ROI that lands ETN on the Top Ten highest ROIs from a tokensale in crypto history.
contraband

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 01:58:50 AM

Hi, I've installed the Electroneum on my Mobile but i cannot find my Electroneum Wallet Address, Please help me, Thanks.

The blockchain doesnt go live until Nov 1st. There is nothing the App does until then.

Your coins are safe on the website because they cant be moved because the blockchain isnt turned on yet.

Thanks
Trade_BTC

Activity: 785
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 02:34:04 AM

I'm in, despite my hatred of ICO I've only invested in teams that work hard. Which is very few so I will say.... May your beards grow long and your hearts stay pure, let not the money corrupt or go to your heads and be humble but proud of the work you deliver long after the funding stage ends.
autolove2

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 02:37:13 AM

Blockchain will be release in Novemder 1-st? When will be release mobile app for mining?
contraband

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 02:38:04 AM

I'm in, despite my hatred of ICO I've only invested in teams that work hard. Which is very few so I will say.... May your beards grow long and your hearts stay pure, let not the money corrupt or go to your heads and be humble but proud of the work you deliver long after the funding stage ends.

Great to have you aboard!!

https://t.me/joinchat/DxoSakHOdk5mqsE-LelfVg

Come hang out with all of us in Telegram
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... 287 »
  Print  

Jump to: