Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:19:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic: When will banks start a war against bitcoin  (Read 16170 times)
Bitcotalk

Activity: 966
Merit: 517

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 05:24:06 AM

Some banks clearly don't want to hear anything about bitcoin....there's are restrictions placed on your account if they find out
I am inclined to agree with you. For instance, the Central Bank of Albania issued warnings to bitcoin investor. Such steps would definitely cause hesitation and chaos among new investors. Whereas, there are some banks like Central Bank of Philippine that legalized bitcoins. At the moment, it is very difficult to say what will be the future of banks and bitcoins.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sasaku bitbit

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 05:43:25 AM

may bank have already begun will not be a war against bitcoin as more and more investors are attracted to the price value of bitcoin which has potential as a valuable currency even if the Government in every country throughout the world agree consider the bitcoin as currency then they will begin to accept bitcoin wallet by making special bitcoin, this will provide a mutually beneficial
setupbounds

Activity: 910
Merit: 509

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 11:29:13 AM

I believe it has already started with the negative news articles and false information being spread about Bitcoin. The myth that Bitcoin is only for drugs is one of the lies that we have to stomp out when people hear the word Bitcoin.
Not exactly, we cannot blame all the banks of the world for one bank's move. Similarly, it is not correct to think that all governments are going to start campaigns against bitcoins due to few ones. Moreover, many countries are supporting bitcoins and its investors are increasing day by day.
dreamer81

Activity: 616
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 11:30:21 AM

The war has allready been started many years ago. Banks have been spreading FUD about crypto for as long as I can remember.
Just prepare yourself for a tougher war in the years to come, once the banks feels their shit burn in their holes.
Bitcoincole

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 01:01:14 PM

The war has allready been started many years ago. Banks have been spreading FUD about crypto for as long as I can remember.
Just prepare yourself for a tougher war in the years to come, once the banks feels their shit burn in their holes.

I don't think there is negativity behind the banks agianst the bitcoin. But it was already started there relationship when it was  constracted the basis of payment that digital currency is legal and a true money in digital currency form.
eleah24

Activity: 113
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 01:05:50 PM

Since the government would always want that they would be the empowered one I think they would be able to start a war against bitcoin when bitcoin has been overpowering the banks  owadays. And since not all people have knowledge about bitcoin they are not that alarmed yet and when the time comes that bitcoin has been overpowering banks they would do everything in their power to shut down the bitcoin community and what they are also worried about is that bitcoin could be an alliance on money laundering and some crimes with respect to the computers and internet world.

CryptonomyCapital

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 01:06:20 PM

Banks will not start a war, they will integrate bitcoin into their system.
f1tz14

Activity: 69

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 01:07:44 PM

There is always going to be a 'rub' between banks and crypto as it is an unregulated market. It depends entirely on them adopting this technology as well as new investors coming in to see the potential. This and maturing of the technology with real world applications will dictate actions from banks (you have to look at ripple and the like which are actually working with the banking systems.

I see there being 2 streams for the future,

1). Banks trying to get on board as the investment and market caps increase, (they won't want to miss out on growth, particularly with such low interest rates globally and hungry investors as early adopters), for 'transparent' coins and systems

2) Anonymous coins adopted for those people that are sick of banks, investors and the 'old' economy. I think both of these streams will experience growth tbh and will be exceedingly difficult to stifle as they are all de-centralised
nesty

Activity: 518
Merit: 184

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 01:07:52 PM

I know we are still at a start of cryptocurrencies, but bitcoin is growing with lightning speed right now and some banks already see it as a potential threat.
There has been a lot of accusations form banks, that bitcoin is perfect for money laundering and is used for supporting crime.
I think they can do a lot of harm to bitcoin market and they will eventually start with harsh campaign against it.
Do you think it will happen and when?

Banks are starting already their war against Bitcoin started up with Head of JP Morgan who gave a press release that Bitcoin is fraud. A lot of people can testify that Bitcoin is not a fraud the Banks sees that will be a big threat in the Banking Industry thats why they keep on telling that bitcoin is a fraud. Even the banking industry do buy Bitcoins. If bitcoin penetrate the whole world for sure the banking industry will be closed. This is just my observation.

Shofiqul

Activity: 258
Merit: 258

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 01:57:00 PM

I don't think that'll ever happen. We require banks for the economy. Say bitcoin wound up being so enormous banks anticipated that would close down. By what technique may you oversee intimidation? By what means may you take an advance? This is astonishing without a bank, and bitcoin can't deal with issues thusly.
Sir Legend

Activity: 1792
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 03:11:57 PM

I think the bank has started a war with bitcoin, no bank is willing to accept bitcoin because it is considered a rival. someday the bank will ask the government to ban bitcoin.
bohr

Activity: 994
Merit: 257

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 02:32:37 AM

I bet they won't. The battle is about survival of the fittest. The banking world is a little bit threatened with the constant and consistent of cryptocurrencies but they know very well that they are well-entrenched in the system and that they remain one of the most powerful bodies. But they just have to consider the probability of getting one or two techniques from crypto.  
Banks do not like bitcoin one bit but they like even less the war they will have to go through to try to defeat bitcoin, governments and banks are used to go against big servers, they can make a great investigation and then when they find their enemies they destroy them in a single movement, bitcoin proposes an attrition and asymmetrical war one in which no big movement can end the war that is why banks have doubts about the way to proceed.
Pettuh4

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 03:11:49 AM

I don't think that'll ever happen. We require banks for the economy. Say bitcoin wound up being so enormous banks anticipated that would close down. By what technique may you oversee intimidation? By what means may you take an advance? This is astonishing without a bank, and bitcoin can't deal with issues thusly.

I don't think so either but rather the banks will try to integrate Bitcoin and blockchain into their setup in order to be at par with the prevailing technology. If they rival Bitcoin they will fail so I don't see that happening.
OMGyasuo

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 04:09:22 AM

bitcoin is a currency and there are not any banks that want to counter the money, which makes them profitable. If there is a campaign against btc, it is likely to result from bureaucratic misconceptions about btc. Then instead of accepting btc as a trading method, they banned or against  btc.

jekjekman

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 04:46:53 AM

I know we are still at a start of cryptocurrencies, but bitcoin is growing with lightning speed right now and some banks already see it as a potential threat.
There has been a lot of accusations form banks, that bitcoin is perfect for money laundering and is used for supporting crime.
I think they can do a lot of harm to bitcoin market and they will eventually start with harsh campaign against it.

They already started the cold war against bitcoin I think since 2015 especially this Jamie Dimon guy it is just that he can't beat the heat of bitcoin's boom, that is why he is telling FUD's everywhere and using reverse psychology to his statements. Even Paypal are not accepting bitcoin in exchanging in its platform. Let's wait till the banks fall.

There is a politician in our country that is so corrupt and using different kinds of bank in different countries to launder his money and to hide his original statement of assets, liabilities and especially his net worth. so if this happens in the real world using banks, this is a face palm to Jamie. Bitcoin is a currency and you can use it in exchange of almost everything just like Fiat money so it is just depend on who uses it whether it is bad or not.
'Money is the root of evil'
2fresh

Activity: 782
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 04:53:56 AM

bitcoin is a currency and there are not any banks that want to counter the money, which makes them profitable. If there is a campaign against btc, it is likely to result from bureaucratic misconceptions about btc. Then instead of accepting btc as a trading method, they banned or against  btc.

I'm unsure if I understand what you mean, but banks display this behavior simply "to protect" the respective fiat currency.  
cryptocortex

Activity: 73
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 09:18:32 PM

Banks are starting already their war against Bitcoin started up with Head of JP Morgan who gave a press release that Bitcoin is fraud. A lot of people can testify that Bitcoin is not a fraud the Banks sees that will be a big threat in the Banking Industry thats why they keep on telling that bitcoin is a fraud. Even the banking industry do buy Bitcoins. If bitcoin penetrate the whole world for sure the banking industry will be closed. This is just my observation.
Apparently, he tried to act to protect his business, but I think it was a rash attitude. He just confirmed to people that banks recognize Bitcoin as a threat, which means they recognize that it has power.

China acting against Bitcoin may also be a sign that banks are starting a war against this technology, since the largest banks in the world are in China.

⚪ Byteball     ❱❱❱     I T   J U S T   W O R K S .    ❱❱❱
Sending Crypto to Email  -  Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments  -  ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD          TELEGRAM          TWITTER          MEDIUM          SLACK          REDDIT
zmhtech

Activity: 108

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2017, 09:26:11 PM

I think bitcoin is a great competition for the banks because no longer can they not pay us interest and have us store our money their just because it is more secure to store it at a bank then a house. Bitcoin changes this because it is more secure at the house now since you can password protect a paper wallet, and make copies to store at your work, school home etc.
happyme1818

Activity: 568
Merit: 254

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 09:34:15 PM

Banks will not declare war against cryptocurrency because they know the capacity and capabilities of the this new technology. I believe they will join the community because they will collapse if they go against it. Infact they already join the community, they came up with RIPPLE and  Stellar Lumens.
Saisher

Activity: 2296
Merit: 175

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 09:50:29 PM

It's already happening, the big one and the latest one is what happened two weeks ago when Jp Morgan chief posted Bitcoin is a fraud which resulted in a big dump from scary holders and we will see a lot of this almost daily because banks will not stop until Bitcoin is dead.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  

Jump to: