Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:44:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic: When will banks start a war against bitcoin  (Read 16170 times)
dieselmeister

Activity: 546
Merit: 290

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 09:30:50 AM

war? why? i saw some banks offering to sell/buy bitcoin using their system, what I am saying is they might adopt or some may already adopted the bitcoin on their system because it's the new online money.
Yes, I totally agree with you. Why they need do a war when they can cooperate each other. Bitcoin is a new kind of money, so bank will creates the service for Bitcoin.

Someone used my Account for 3 Month, why would someone do this?
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
alfs75

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

platform for everyday business

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 11:21:00 AM

I know we are still at a start of cryptocurrencies, but bitcoin is growing with lightning speed right now and some banks already see it as a potential threat.
There has been a lot of accusations form banks, that bitcoin is perfect for money laundering and is used for supporting crime.
I think they can do a lot of harm to bitcoin market and they will eventually start with harsh campaign against it.
Do you think it will happen and when?

I never been heard a war of banks vs bitcoins ,i thinks its only a gossip or some speculations.the only things i've heard is that in my country and our central banks of the phil.is  accepting bitcoins as a co partner in providing the service of the community progress.but if this humor is would happen i thinks it is would not endure to last,it will diminished quickly.

T O W E R B E E      |  PLATFORM FOR EVERYDAY BUSINESS       [ CRYPTOEXCHANGE TowerX ]
▬        ICO  >  on our exchange TowerX        ▬
FACEBOOK           MEDIUM           TWITTER           LINKEDIN           REDDIT           TELEGRAM
Jessica2009

Activity: 348

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 11:44:37 AM

Since bitcoin is a decentralized digital currency no middleman takes control of it,banks will not start a war against bitcoin.Most of the people are not aware of this cryptocurrency  only a few are able to understand how to make profit out of bitcoins so people can't trust in investing their hard earning all in bitcoin so there is no need for banks to be frustrated in bitcoin and start a war against bitcoin.

K O N I O S        |│        The World's Most Secure Cash & Crypto Platform
[   PRE-ICO  |  LIVE   ]      [ AIRDROP | LIVE ]      [    ICO  |  July 1st    ]
WHITEPAPER                       TWITTER                       TELEGRAM                       ANN THREAD
Tatalk

Activity: 146

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 05:01:25 PM

I think bank would never start a war because BTC is digital currency and the paper currency holding by the bank is other thing. The paper currency and digital currency could not be compared. But this could be said that in the coming future, bitcoin might reduce the use of paper currency and then government might centralized the cryptocurrency and the it would be under the control of government and then even banks could start BTC as their currency and they could also use BTC. So according to me, bank would never a war against BTC.

soy
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 05:03:25 PM

I don't think the current market is worth anything on the scale of the big global banks. But the day when the market takes on a real dimension, they will be able to react and will inevitably come out as winners...
kenjohannes26

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 05:04:20 PM

I think they are preparing a strategy to destroy bitcoin, their early stages forbidding bitcoin in their respective countries, and then we'll see what happens.
Glorious04

Activity: 392
Merit: 113

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 05:11:55 PM

All banks controlled by the government so you can not even doubt that such a war would be. But against any poison there is always an antidote. If such a war starts we will look for ways to circumvent the restrictions. To stop bitcoin is not a force any Bank.
And because banks and governments go hand in hand, what the government is doing right now in my country is brainwhashing the people by publishing articles against bitcoin investment. They would state all the negative possibilities in investing in bitcoin such as, it has no guarantee they are going to have their money back since bitcoin is not supported by governments like bank, so it can disappear anytime. I know it produces fear in the hearts of those who are just starting in the business but for those who have proven bitcoin for long it doesnt move them anymore.

Jombrangs

Activity: 630
Merit: 258

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 06:22:33 PM

I think there will be a big competition that will happen between the bank and bitcoin; once the bitcoin dominates in the whole world.
From their excellence many banks sees them as big rival that can cause their business to become obsolete. 
easynote

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 06:35:28 PM

I think there will be a big competition that will happen between the bank and bitcoin; once the bitcoin dominates in the whole world.
From their excellence many banks sees them as big rival that can cause their business to become obsolete. 
It might not be possible for banks to wage war against Bitcoin because they won't be able to find all Bitcoin holders.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
bestbiz9

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 06:40:31 PM

I don't think there will be any war.The banks may not stop bitcoin,but will incorporate blockchain technologies and cryptos into the banking system to serve a large market and can not lose business by waging war nor ignoring bitcoin
teejayrichard2

Activity: 574
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 07:26:29 PM

The war against bitcoin by banks in my country has already started, though they aren't so loud about it but as more people invest in bitcoin and other crypto currency, banks will start crying out louder than they do now.
inanilujimi

Activity: 1862
Merit: 259

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 08:05:30 PM

The war against bitcoin by banks in my country has already started, though they aren't so loud about it but as more people invest in bitcoin and other crypto currency, banks will start crying out louder than they do now.

in my country today is also experiencing the same thing as what you are experiencing today.
even the governor at my residence had made it clear that the bank rejected bitcoin and said bitcoin is not safe to use as a transaction tool.
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 10:00:30 PM

I know we are still at a start of cryptocurrencies, but bitcoin is growing with lightning speed right now and some banks already see it as a potential threat.
There has been a lot of accusations form banks, that bitcoin is perfect for money laundering and is used for supporting crime.
I think they can do a lot of harm to bitcoin market and they will eventually start with harsh campaign against it.
Do you think it will happen and when?

where have you been man?

most days, at this price level, banks from various locales have been raging a very public war with bitcoin, calling us a ponzi scheme or a fraud. banks are the ones lobbying for regulation by the way; there is a reason it took this long for all of this noise about the current price to come to a head (to be honest, the price is the cause of this, but chicken egg) .

banks have been shutting down trader accounts for the last 2 or 3 years. if they dont like bitcoin, you are at the mercy of the bank; most of us sign away the right to argue our point when we put our name on that bank account form.

and in the case of ppl being charged as unlic. money remitters. who do you think is reporting these guys to the authorities, for them to investigate? Wink
pginvest

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 10:10:45 PM

I think many of the banks still look at the market size of crypto and think it is too small to be anything serious. When it gets to a big enough size the banks and anyone else who sees it as a serious threat will act in proportion to the level f threat they see it as. While it is a lot of money a few hundred billion isn't yet enough to make the banks worried IMO

Am I spamming? Report me!
pginvest

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 10:12:21 PM

All banks controlled by the government so you can not even doubt that such a war would be. But against any poison there is always an antidote. If such a war starts we will look for ways to circumvent the restrictions. To stop bitcoin is not a force any Bank.
And because banks and governments go hand in hand, what the government is doing right now in my country is brainwhashing the people by publishing articles against bitcoin investment. They would state all the negative possibilities in investing in bitcoin such as, it has no guarantee they are going to have their money back since bitcoin is not supported by governments like bank, so it can disappear anytime. I know it produces fear in the hearts of those who are just starting in the business but for those who have proven bitcoin for long it doesnt move them anymore.
The New York (Wall Street connection) difficult regulation environment for Bitcoin is a good example of this.

Am I spamming? Report me!
awilliams

Activity: 191
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 10:14:31 PM

They're trying to figure out ways to navigate this space where they don't get replaced. Just watch the news, they're going to issue their own
rockyfeller

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 10:14:59 PM

Actually we don't need them to fight against bitcoin coz it's decentralized how can you control bitcoin without any owners that's own it. I believe that Satoshi did this for the sake of humankind. Bitcoin is the people's money and not government who pretends that they created bitcoin.

███  ████     BAANX  |  The Cryptobank Revolution     ████  ███
▬▬▬  ►  ▬▬▬  ANN  Whitepaper  Telegram  Facebook  Twitter  Medium  ▬▬▬  ◄  ▬▬▬
PRE-SALE IS OPEN!  ▬▬  Register for 100BXX!  ▬▬  Subscribe to our NEWSLETTER

Nicko_brad

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 07:31:44 AM

no one can stop bitcoin.According to Bill Gates"bitcoin is better than any other currency ".No one can stop bitcoin as it's transaction is from one computer to another.so I do believe that bank will not be able stop bitcoin from spreading.
Nicko_brad

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 08:17:08 AM

Banks are attacking bitcoins because of one thing. It steals away their opportunity to control money. Government are backing them up because it has the same goal. Control. There's no saying when it will start a war. They already started. A few big attackers are JP Morgan Chase and Bank of America. They say bitcoin is a fraud and is used for illegal activities and money laundering.
haster100

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 05:39:32 AM

I do not think that this will happen. We need banks for the economy. Say, bitcoin became such a huge bank that we had to close it. How will you cope with the fraud? How would you take credit? This is impossible without a bank, and bitkoyn can not solve such problems.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  

Jump to: