Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 12:05:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic: When will banks start a war against bitcoin  (Read 16178 times)
z38630610
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 02:12:42 PM

I know we are still at a start of cryptocurrencies, but bitcoin is growing with lightning speed right now and some banks already see it as a potential threat.
There has been a lot of accusations form banks, that bitcoin is perfect for money laundering and is used for supporting crime.
I think they can do a lot of harm to bitcoin market and they will eventually start with harsh campaign against it.
Do you think it will happen and when?

I am also worried about it. It is sure that banks means governments. There are also a few governments banned bitcoin. This means that banks had already started war against bitcoin. But the number of these banks are not essential enough. Maybe in the future bitcoin will be banned in many govermenments or banks. Then we will start a war against banks.  Smiley

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
.JINBI..

merges gold’s investment
holding value
with
blockchain technology
...T H E   G O L D E N   I C O...
.────────     WHITEPAPER     ────────.
▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
bitcoinhasher1

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 02:25:49 AM

Is it even possible to ban crryptos?  This is pandora's box.  You can't put the genie back in the bottle
kiver

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 04:29:09 AM

bitcoin is getting stronger more and more everyday and the more fame it gets the hardest it will be to overcome banks and some government do hate and fear bitcoin but what they don't understand that this technology cold help the world financial work better and more efficient because is a worldwide crypto currencies attaching the world together which make the economy much stronger i hope they will understand the criteria about this sooner or later
guoyu78

Activity: 1190
Merit: 541

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 07:04:41 AM

I do not see any problem in this, because the bank's main business is getting loan. If bitcoin provided customers loans as their new currency, they would have succeeded 100% of the business. If there was a bitcoin bank, them the investors and the loaners would enjoy many benefits.  

If there is was a bitcoin bank, you will kill online wallet for sure Smiley, bank will still stand like it was before with its own function, that's why online wallet do prepare to exchange your bitcoin to real money, because online wallet knows that bank accept money not bitcoin. and any fee also for their income. not start a war, because still many people using money than bitcoin, and many people exchange their bitcoin to money even not directly from bitcoin to money. (bitcoin - exchange money through wallet - cashout from bank the ending is in money form Smiley ). CMIIW Smiley
Surely there is no comparison between bank and bitcoin each is having its own characteristic so its unjust to ignore any of them, bitcoin is allowing people to earn more and be rich in short time and bank is allowing them to cash it out so to use it for buying necessities.

They both cannot get into war because banks are getting benefit from bitcoin because people are cashing out bitcoin through banks, both are connected to each other
dns

Activity: 70

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 10:56:04 AM

As they feel every day more and more bitcoin stronger they want to be fighting against BTC, but (I think) they can't win. The blockchain technology amazing and the future is in :-)
mylyn2327

Activity: 294
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 11:42:56 AM

Bitcoin growing so fast, so there's instances bank will see it as threat because some of people will save and invest in btc than bank. They will start war against btc when almost all establishments will accepting btc as mode of payment, rather than using credit cards which is bank no. 1 business. We will surely see that when they surely file to banned btc, its reality that bank is connected to gov't. So im sure it will happen. But still i am hoping it will not happen.
Aryadwipanggah

Activity: 350
Merit: 13

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 11:59:34 AM

if my state drums bank war against bitcoin has been played long ago. The bank feels lost a lot of investors who save his money in the bank and choose to invest into bitcoin in the long term. so many banks in my country that says bitcoin is a scam.
fusepay

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 12:26:36 PM

Banks have started a war, I know Bitcoin traders who have burnt through some 50+ bank accounts, of course, now the banks want all in on the action, they are at a FOMO moment; not so clever bankers getting in on the Bitcoin and alt / blockchain gold rush.. It's six of one and half a dozen of the other...
cryptojac17

Activity: 490
Merit: 107

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 12:44:08 PM

I do not see any problem in this, because the bank's main business is getting loan. If bitcoin provided customers loans as their new currency, they would have succeeded 100% of the business. If there was a bitcoin bank, them the investors and the loaners would enjoy many benefits.  

If there is was a bitcoin bank, you will kill online wallet for sure Smiley, bank will still stand like it was before with its own function, that's why online wallet do prepare to exchange your bitcoin to real money, because online wallet knows that bank accept money not bitcoin. and any fee also for their income. not start a war, because still many people using money than bitcoin, and many people exchange their bitcoin to money even not directly from bitcoin to money. (bitcoin - exchange money through wallet - cashout from bank the ending is in money form Smiley ). CMIIW Smiley
Surely there is no comparison between bank and bitcoin each is having its own characteristic so its unjust to ignore any of them, bitcoin is allowing people to earn more and be rich in short time and bank is allowing them to cash it out so to use it for buying necessities.

They both cannot get into war because banks are getting benefit from bitcoin because people are cashing out bitcoin through banks, both are connected to each other
Yeah tthey totally different in system because  Bitcoin is run by blockchain technology in the system is run by the society in which the transaction is peer to peer and  decentralized there is no third party involved that controled system and also  it is anonymous.I dont know  yet the impact to the banking system but sure ly it will reduce their depositors. But if they declare war with btc  maybe they use also  blockchain technology but with in their juricdation. But  still they can continue to provide loan services.

dificanovi

Activity: 812
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 01:29:55 PM

I know we are still at a start of cryptocurrencies, but bitcoin is growing with lightning speed right now and some banks already see it as a potential threat.
There has been a lot of accusations form banks, that bitcoin is perfect for money laundering and is used for supporting crime.
I think they can do a lot of harm to bitcoin market and they will eventually start with harsh campaign against it.

war between banks and bitcoin will not happen because bitcoin can bring into the bank for a profit. people liquefy the bitcoin and send it to their bank, it will happen that person's shipping transaction is charged for the bank. banks will get to the advantage of those who withdraw money.

skylark001

Activity: 228

GIF by SOCIFI

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2017, 03:52:19 PM

Not in near future for the reasons as;

-           crypto currency market is still very new,

-           the Bitcoin is not a legal currency in many countries,

-          It is not centralized,

-           no regulations to follow

-           demand and supply ratios are not good,

-          very volatile in nature.

They will only say that it could be used for money laundering or illegal activities, but war is out of the question at least till the date it becomes centralized and legalized.

ImpaIadin

Activity: 1

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 09:23:17 PM

using a separate line for bounties will be far better and simpler with an structured discussions. you don't want to mess this thread will all of the resources inquiries, i understand thy assist getting the news out about starta but mixing their conversations here is a chaos. certainly a good token to take a position with.
bohr

Activity: 994
Merit: 257

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 04:05:28 AM

it will never happen .. bitcoin is not doing anything wrong and solving math problems is not obstructions to be tell or start fighting bitcoin.
but the thing is banks do much more transactions than bitcoin it is just only 3% of the total banks can do.. lots of banks lost their costumers and bitcoin is being more popular .. because of technology and how it works. bitcoin is just building it self but it is a good news for us.
But that is precisely why they need to start a war against bitcoin right now, do you think they are going to wait until bitcoin is fully developed, at that point it will be too late, they need to strike now that not many people are using bitcoin, bitcoin is a competitor to their business, they had an opponent in gold and they were able to tame it but bitcoin is a like an hydra, it is going to be more difficult to kill and even if they were able to do it there are many coins out there that could take bitcoin’s place in case they achieved their objectives.
nithin@123

Activity: 52

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 11:52:58 AM

I think already they have taken some steps against bitcoin.
Flor1982

Activity: 714

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 12:06:14 PM

I don't see any signs that banks wanting a war with bitcoin here in our country but instead our central bank just released a guidelines on how to avoid being scam by ICO's and other investing sites using the digital currencies. Bitcoin is not legal here and not ban too but our major banks is in partnership with our local exchanges in which we can cash out or receive our bitcoin to fiat convertions thru the banks. You may check our coins.ph site for your reference and confirmation.
SMB-2525

Activity: 195

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 12:11:28 PM

I don't think Bitcoin competes with banks any more than gold, platinum, and silver compete with banks.
But then, I agree with the IRS, Bitcoin is not money, it is property.
And it is just about as easy to use Gold or Silver to buy stuff at our local market as it is to use Bitcoin.

The IRS is already establishing governance over Bitcoin in the USA.
https://cointelegraph.com/news/virtual-currency-exchanges-and-us-customers-beware-irs-is-coming-expert-blog
KingOfWinterfell01

Activity: 504

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 12:15:49 PM

It'll be too far for banks to fight bitcoins. I also think they don't give a damn about bitcoins because it's not a threat to money. I think banks thought that bitcoins are "too big to fail". Bitcoin owners also think that money is way out of their league and money won't matter to bitcoins as well.

Kethamine

Activity: 9

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 12:16:41 PM

Do you thing it will happen and when?

War? What war are you talking about op. Banks are already using bitcoin technology called blockchain. There are some banks which are paying or accepting Bitcoins. Many are now encouraging it to. Yes there is a fear that banks may loose out business, but it's absurd nothing like this will ever happen, banks are more than happy to encourage Bitcoins as after conversion, it comes back to them.

I aslo believed that the "war that they are talking about would not gonna happen. As Bitcoin not well use right now we still need to convert it to our local currency. With can turn profit to them.
mikaeltomcruz12

Activity: 556

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 12:27:29 PM

I don't think so there's no way reasons bank make a war against bitcoin bank has a different purposes like keep your money safe and as of know not all people believes in bitcoin that's why bank don't need  to worry about it.
heureca

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 01:10:41 PM

I don't think so there's no way reasons bank make a war against bitcoin bank has a different purposes like keep your money safe and as of know not all people believes in bitcoin that's why bank don't need  to worry about it.

At present BTC price has big dumps and pumps and with current BTC capitalization it could have influence on global economics. So banks and govenments will try to regulate it (not war but BTC regulation)

██                                                     
██████                                                    
██████████                ████              ████          
█████████████          ██████████        ██████████       
█████  █████████    ███████████████   ████████████████    
█████     ████████████████   ████  ██████████  ██████████ 
█████        ██████████          █████████        █████████
█████         ██████             ██████              ████ 
█████         █████              ████                     
█████         ███████            ██████              ████ 
█████        ███████████         █████████        █████████
█████     █████████████████  ████   █████████  ██████████ 
█████  █████████    ███████████████   ████████████████    
█████████████          █████████         ██████████       
██████████                ████              ████          
  ████                                                    
/Distributed
Credit Chain
//
Empower Credit, Enable Finance
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  

Jump to: