Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 06:46:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Religious beliefs on bitcoin  (Read 22354 times)
$1LK

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 09:29:08 PM

LOL. Yeah. The one-world currency, the first tool of the antichrist. Seems fitting, until you realize that it doesn't fit the criteria.

1. The one world currency proposed in the bible requires that a chip be implanted on someone to make transactions, and that no other means are allowed, this would require the currency to be controlled, and centralized.  Not bitcoin.

That's a clear leap to a conclusion. The implanted chip may turn out to be a bitcoin wallet slash client. Matched with a way to connect slash network with other nodes and control transactions and addresses and BAM! Bible prophecy fulfilled.
We all know it, the Bible is referring to fiat, based on the debt of the unborn. Bitcoin participation is voluntary, fiat and being born are not.

Now Zip it!

Now zip it? Is that how you talk to people? You're trying to throw what I said out the window and didn't even provide an intellectual basis to support it.
What everyone supposedly knows isn't the same as a fact. And if it comes down to it, the bible isn't even factual either.
Now go be stupid somewhere else.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Adrian-x
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 11:18:26 PM
Last edit: June 16, 2013, 11:37:14 PM by Adrian-x

Now Zip it!

Now zip it? Is that how you talk to people? You're trying to throw what I said out the window and didn't even provide an intellectual basis to support it.
What everyone supposedly knows isn't the same as a fact. And if it comes down to it, the bible isn't even factual either.
Now go be stupid somewhere else.

said with an ascent and intent to bring humor to a situation.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fK8mneO8yvU

I am sure if you read all 31 pages dedicated to the topic you will see a lot of (anti and mono) theist fundamentalism.

In keeping with the OP, not using Bitcoin, to prevent a prophecy foretold in the Bible should be a topic that invites humor not hatred.
My apologies I didn't intend to offend anyone.

That's a clear leap to a conclusion. The implanted chip may turn out to be a bitcoin wallet slash client. Matched with a way to connect slash network with other nodes and control transactions and addresses and BAM! Bible prophecy fulfilled.

*edited to be PC*
It is plausible, the Bible prophecy is referring to the USD fiat global reserve currency, creating debt for the unborn.

But thinking that would just be ignorant, it's obvious, you have a point it is probably Bitcoin!

preemptive SHssush! and Shush! again Tongue

Thank me in Bits 12MwnzxtprG2mHm3rKdgi7NmJKCypsMMQw
Burdy

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 01:28:42 AM

Kinda hard not to offend someone in a religious topic.
$1LK

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 03:52:58 AM

said with an ascent and intent to bring humor to a situation.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fK8mneO8yvU

I am sure if you read all 31 pages dedicated to the topic you will see a lot of (anti and mono) theist fundamentalism.

In keeping with the OP, not using Bitcoin, to prevent a prophecy foretold in the Bible should be a topic that invites humor not hatred.
My apologies I didn't intend to offend anyone.

*edited to be PC*
It is plausible, the Bible prophecy is referring to the USD fiat global reserve currency, creating debt for the unborn.

But thinking that would just be ignorant, it's obvious, you have a point it is probably Bitcoin!

preemptive SHssush! and Shush! again :P

haha oic :))) I read all the way to page 2 before I saw something I wanted to rpely to.
My apologies for being ignorant of this meme-esque thing you say.
$1LK

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 03:55:13 AM

Kinda hard not to offend someone in a religious topic.

ikr?
bitbybit2

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 10:58:36 PM

Bitcoin is an alien technology designed to replace humans with AI which was programmed to utter the words. "Download Bitcoin-Qt"
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 11:11:02 PM

Question for everyone who does NOT believe in the bible.  If it turns out that Bitcoin (or another world currency) does quite literally fulfill that prophecy at some point in the future, would you begin to believe the bible might be true?
Adrian-x
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 11:37:02 PM

Question for everyone who does NOT believe in the bible.  If it turns out that Bitcoin (or another world currency) does quite literally fulfill that prophecy at some point in the future, would you begin to believe the bible might be true?
I believe the people who wrote the book where trying to share knowledge.
It just happens that some of the principles are appropriate, but as every reading must be interpreted by the reader.
It is my opinion it is a great work when viewed in hindsight.

BitChick
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 12:56:33 AM

Personally, the idea that there could even be a mark on people to buy and sell would have been a somewhat strange idea at the time John wrote Revelation so that in itself is fascinating and should open our eyes a bit. But that said, with so many Biblical prophecies that have already come true, people still deny, don't want to believe, make up reasons why the Bible is not true etc. . . So I think people believe what they want to believe (or look for the evidence that supports what they already believe) and when there is a one world currency and we all have to have a mark to buy and sell no one will think it is the same thing mentioned in the Bible, or they will not care even if it does.

I know this will probably start another lengthy debate here. 

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
Adrian-x
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 01:06:03 AM

Question for everyone who does NOT believe in the bible.  If it turns out that Bitcoin (or another world currency) does quite literally fulfill that prophecy at some point in the future, would you begin to believe the bible might be true?

Personally, the idea that there could even be a mark on people to buy and sell would have been a somewhat strange idea at the time John wrote Revelation so that in itself is fascinating and should open our eyes a bit. But that said, with so many Biblical prophecies that have already come true, people still deny, don't want to believe, make up reasons why the Bible is not true etc. . . So I think people believe what they want to believe (or look for the evidence that supports what they already believe) and when there is a one world currency and we all have to have a mark to buy and sell no one will think it is the same thing mentioned in the Bible, or they will not care even if it does.

LOL, yes it is so tempting buy you nailed it in bold.

When I look, I believe the prophecy has already come true and it isn't Bitcoin. I don't want to convince anyone, so I'll LOL at myself again for contributing.

semaforo

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 07:48:49 AM

The book of revelations is certainly compelling, and there is certainly a lot of clear truth and beauty in the Bible. I always come back to how it was compiled, with competing versions being destroyed and the authors killed, and one version being condoned by emperor constantine and canonized. Phrases like "Slaves, obey your masters as you would obey your Lord Jesus Christ"(Ephesians 6:5) just make me think "Well, yeah, I can see how this book was maybe compiled by the authorities of the Roman empire..." also, the coptic syrian and egyptian churches include different books in their collections of the bible, and the eastern orthodox church also includes different texts.

Are all of the versions the complete divine truth? Do some have more divine truth than others? Do some leave some snippets out and the version compiled by the Roman Catholic church, the Church of the Western Roman empire, and the version used by almost all Christians in the US today, is that the only purely true and divinely inspired version? Rather I see a lot of political influence going into the selection of texts, which along with the questionable authorship of many of the books of the New Testament, really makes me think that there might be some passages in the Bible that should not be there.

Of course, if you start to doubt any passage then you might start to doubt all of it, which is why I think it is so important for Christians to believe that the bible is divinely inspired and perfect in its entirety. I say rather that it is a book that contains divine wisdom but has been sullied by the hands of man, so just read it with your intuition and listen to your heart. The truth stands out clear from falsehood.
herzmeister
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2013, 07:49:40 AM

History just keeps repeating over and over again, the last days of the Roman Empire (or any large empire for that matter) looked similar to ours.

High centralization of power, much bureaucracy, so people have to be numbered and identified in a way.

Also about currency ("buy and sell"), if there are handouts, there cannot be any cheaters.

https://localbitcoins.com/?ch=80k | BTC: 1LJvmd1iLi199eY7EVKtNQRW3LqZi8ZmmB
semaforo

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 08:02:57 AM

Bitcoin is an alien technology designed to replace humans with AI which was programmed to utter the words. "Download Bitcoin-Qt"

Angels is another word for ALIEN. Angels come from older more developed planets, closer to the center of the galaxy, and they assist us in our evolution. They are so highly evolved that we can hardly perceive them, since this material plane of existence is very crude to them. Aliens have been here all along.

And ANGELS BROUGHT US BITCOIN!

Check it out-  the Bible says when Jesus comes back not to go looking for him in the wilderness nor in the city, because "as lightning flashes and lights up the sky from one horizon to the other, so shall it be when the son of man comes"(Luke 17:24)
   So the translation couldn't have captured this at the time, but by the sky it is meant in the clouds. When there is lightning, there are always clouds. In this case we are talking about CLOUD COMPUTING! Bitcoin is in the cloud, and everytime a transaction is made the light flashes from one horizon to the other. The beauty that is bitcoin lights up the whole cloud!

Also, Jesus also came from another planet. You know that shining bright star over Bethlehem? IT WAS A SHIP! An interstellar vehicle.

Think about it- math is the universal language, the fundament on which all other knowledge is based. Math being the closest to the universal language means it is closest to the Almighty, the Most High. Bitcoin is the first currency based on math.

Okay, I'm going to stop now... please note- this theory is a work in progress.

Peace

herzmeister
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2013, 08:09:30 AM

So the translation couldn't have captured this at the time, but by the sky it is meant in the clouds. When there is lightning, there are always clouds. In this case we are talking about CLOUD COMPUTING!

That's quite a stretch! They clearly mean plain old UFOs.  Cool

https://localbitcoins.com/?ch=80k | BTC: 1LJvmd1iLi199eY7EVKtNQRW3LqZi8ZmmB
neurobox

Activity: 220
Merit: 100

Getting too old for all this.

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 07:31:52 PM
Last edit: June 18, 2013, 07:44:03 PM by neurobox

2fer...

Angels is another word for ALIEN. Angels come from older more developed planets, closer to the center of the galaxy, and they assist us in our evolution. They are so highly evolved that we can hardly perceive them, since this material plane of existence is very crude to them. Aliens have been here all along.

And ANGELS BROUGHT US BITCOIN!

Check it out-  the Bible says when Jesus comes back not to go looking for him in the wilderness nor in the city, because "as lightning flashes and lights up the sky from one horizon to the other, so shall it be when the son of man comes"(Luke 17:24)
   So the translation couldn't have captured this at the time, but by the sky it is meant in the clouds. When there is lightning, there are always clouds. In this case we are talking about CLOUD COMPUTING! Bitcoin is in the cloud, and everytime a transaction is made the light flashes from one horizon to the other. The beauty that is bitcoin lights up the whole cloud!

Also, Jesus also came from another planet. You know that shining bright star over Bethlehem? IT WAS A SHIP! An interstellar vehicle.

Think about it- math is the universal language, the fundament on which all other knowledge is based. Math being the closest to the universal language means it is closest to the Almighty, the Most High. Bitcoin is the first currency based on math.

Okay, I'm going to stop now... please note- this theory is a work in progress.

Peace

No joke, New Jerusalem will be so big it could smush a hypothetical borg cube without slowing down.

Cloud computing is a stretch, but think of the quantum, multi-dimensional, informational mysteries of the reality we experience, and notice there's a great deal of room for the expression of higher order systems that we can only perceive and not measure with low-order tools.

Also noteworthy that the majority of stories of both alien and demonic encounters have more in common than not, in terms of appearances, behaviours, "technologies," fear, trauma and resulting Aquarian influences. They are also vastly different from noted angelic encounters, which often start with "Do not be afraid," and lead to God.

"We don't know a fraction of a percent about anything" -Einstein

Of course, if you start to doubt any passage then you might start to doubt all of it, which is why I think it is so important for Christians to believe that the bible is divinely inspired and perfect in its entirety. I say rather that it is a book that contains divine wisdom but has been sullied by the hands of man, so just read it with your intuition and listen to your heart. The truth stands out clear from falsehood.

I'm rather convinced that the truth lies in between, that God was intimately aware of how His words would be twisted by time, error and greed, and He will hold some accountable, but also that the truths would prevail, and resonate with those who lean on the Holy Spirit for understanding. [edit:] The Bible even advocates assessment of the prophetic:

Do not quench the Spirit. Do not treat prophecies with contempt but test them all; hold on to what is good, reject every kind of evil. - 1Th 5:19-22 NIV

[/edit]

Ultimately the words will accomplish what He has planned.

[8] "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD. [9] "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. [10] As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater, [11] so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it. - Isa 55:8-11 NIV

This may be what some Christians are trying to express, for lack of better words than "inerrant" or "infallible"
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2013, 07:50:42 PM

Question for everyone who does NOT believe in the bible.  If it turns out that Bitcoin (or another world currency) does quite literally fulfill that prophecy at some point in the future, would you begin to believe the bible might be true?

If the prophesy comes true, and we end up with one world currency, which leads to sin, deubachery, and wars, and results in the second coming of Jesus Christ, sure, maybe. If someone said "we will use a single currency," that's not much of a prediction. Otherwise, as soon as we get 3D printers working on a molecular level, we'll have to start having religious wars between those believing in the prophesy of Star Trek, and those believing in the prophesy of Diamond Age.

Hell, Second Life came out, which has a virtual world, avatars, and other computery stuff, yet we don't believe in Snow Crash that described many things about it, despite coming out years before SecondLife.
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 09:19:18 PM

We have tablets like the one in Star Trek, i suppose you now believe that Star Trek might be true?

neurobox

Activity: 220
Merit: 100

Getting too old for all this.

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 09:44:06 PM

We have tablets like the one in Star Trek, i suppose you now believe that Star Trek might be true?

Star Trek had teleporters before tablets. False prophecy?
Adrian-x
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 10:02:39 PM

Star Trek had teleporters before tablets. False prophecy?

I bought a 3D printer over 10 years ago (yes early adopter I know it's, still an expensive brick and all) but describing it to people 10 years ago I would relate it to the Star Trek replicator. 

Im an agnostic and even I know the prophecy is communicators, replicators, tablets, teleporters, then its true.

Tekkna

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 03:03:53 AM

Sorry for the long absence, but now my miner is fully functional Cheesy (I am currently making the argument for tithing in bitcoins as well  Wink)

However I see there was no counter-argument to my previous points, so oh well.

step-father was a very religious, bible-thumping, violent alcoholic, who made hating religious people easy.
I think being a violent alcoholic would kind of make him not a Christian, although am I understand you correctly that:
1. You met a someone who claimed to be Christian
2. This person was bad
Therefore
All Christians are bad

I'm actually curious about this point, I'm not really making an argument.

Also, Rassah, you mentioned that you felt offended because God forgives people without consideration of the victim of the crime, this is because in committing a crime someone has offended 3 entities:
1. A Holy and just God
2. The victim
3. The law
One may have forgiveness from you and God, and yet still rightfully go to jail, and people may still ask for forgiveness from God, with the realization that the they have not been given forgiveness from the victim.

BTC: 15Yb897j2Yrbk1GU5Uwwhg5PFBMXeUAmhS  | I sell $5 Amazon Gift Codes | I also build websites

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  

Jump to: