Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 08:34:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 125 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Haasonline Simple Trade Bot For BTCe and Bitstamp[Main topic]  (Read 416454 times)
San1ty

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 08:48:01 AM

I can't get the Bitstamp API connection working. login = your client id right? Yes I activated the API on my account.

Lol, been living under a rock today? The Bitstamp API has been acting up all day!

Hey fellas, I'm not entirely sure that my BitStamp settings for my simple trade bot are working properly but instead of entering my client ID and password under login I tried plugging in my Public and Private API keys instead in SimpleTrade bot and that seems to have worked. (again, it hasn't executed an actual trade so I can't be sure)

Hi,

It scares me that you just jump right in without knowing the tool. Please read the documentation first and use the benchmark tool!

Found my posts helpful? Consider buying me a beer :-)!:
BTC - 1San1tyUGhfWRNPYBF4b6Vaurq5SjFYWk NXT - 17063113680221230777
Stephan224 (OP)

Activity: 449

Software developer

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2013, 09:54:07 AM
Last edit: October 27, 2013, 12:45:38 PM by Stephan224

Alright people, it has taken me hours and hours but i was able to find the "no buy" issue. It was caused by a wrong assumption in the logic from my side. The first tests over here are looking very positive. Last night (6hours) the bot has run stable again, it made even more trades then expected. Today i will continue my testing and i will focus on fine-tuning the MACD indicator.

If all goes as expected i will release tomorrow a new version with all the reported issues fixed.

----------------

Please note: For short-term trading i recommend to use a exchange with a low fee percentage. For long-term trading i reccommend to use all exchanges.

During testing i already found out i get more trades on BTC-e then on Bitstamp. Thats is caused by the fee percentage. For BTC-e i need to pay 0.2% and for Bitstamp i need to pay 0.5% per trade. So the minimum riase and drop for Bitstamp are higher then for BTC-e, meaning less trades at Bitstamp.

If you own a copy of the software you can test this conclusion using the benchmarking tool.

(This is one of the causes of the "no buy" issue too)

----------------

@San1ty: Thank you very much for helping me answer questions here, this is a real time saver for me! Thanks!

Lead developer of Haasonline Software Engineering and owner of Haasonline.com - Checkout my Simple Trade Bot on: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=211979.0
San1ty

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 10:02:05 AM

Alright people, it has taken me hours and hours but i was able to find the "no buy" issue. It was caused by a wrong assumption in the logic from my side. The first tests over here are looking very positive. Last night (6hours) the bot has run stable again, it made even more trades then expected. Today i will continue my testing and i will focus on fine-tuning the MACD indicator.

If all goes as expected i will release tomorrow a new version with all the reported issues fixed.

----------------

Please note: For short-term trading i recommend to use a exchange with a low fee percentage. For long-term trading i reccommend to use all exchanges.

During testing i already found out i get more trades on BTC-e then on Bitstamp. Thats is caused by the fee percentage. For BTC-e i need to pay 0.2% and for Bitstamp i need to pay 0.5% per trade. So the minimum riase and drop for Bitstamp are higher then for BTC-e, meaning less trades at Bitstamp.

If you own a copy of the software you can test this conclusion using the benchmarking tool.

(This is one of the causes of the "no buy" issue too)

----------------

@San1ty: Thank you very much for helping me answer questions here, this is a real time saver for me! Thanks!

No problem, Glad to see you found the issue :-).

Looking forward to that release! What exactly is the update procedure? Uninstall and then Install the new version?

nowywbitcoinowymswiecie

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 11:27:51 AM

Dear Stephan224,
There are missing links to some PDF papers You ve posted on Your site. Where I could download them? Id like to know more about BOT idea and strategy from those papers.

Additionally - do You have some statistic where You could proove a gain from using Your software? I understand that theres no proove and You can say everything, like 1000%, but still Id like to hear what You have to say.

newbee here 1PkHkAEssCQoarLz6hcmQzF9zbaxGrxdFz
Stephan224 (OP)

Software developer

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2013, 02:35:29 PM

@San1ty:
Uninstall and install is the procedure.

@nowywbitcoinowymswiecie:
Because of the update to version 0.9 i have deleted the PDF papers. I am working on new ones, the logic (order and process) has changed a little.

Think about me making claims about my software... what if i tell you the ROI is 48-hours? Yes i can make this claim, of course i can. But this can only be done if you trade with a lot of coins and if the currency evolves right and if the indicators are giving good trade momentum. So there are many if-s to it. So making this kind of claims can not be fair. Just to give a little image what this software is about you can look to the benchmarks users post. You can see the trades are being made and how much they earn of it. But again, they if-s will remain, you can reproduce it in the benchmark tool to check it but nothing else. Speculation itself is a risk and aldo i am using math to get a grip of the risk it could go wrong or perfect.

Lead developer of Haasonline Software Engineering and owner of Haasonline.com - Checkout my Simple Trade Bot on: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=211979.0
nowywbitcoinowymswiecie

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 03:50:45 PM

@nowywbitcoinowymswiecie:
Because of the update to version 0.9 i have deleted the PDF papers. I am working on new ones, the logic (order and process) has changed a little.

Think about me making claims about my software... what if i tell you the ROI is 48-hours? Yes i can make this claim, of course i can. But this can only be done if you trade with a lot of coins and if the currency evolves right and if the indicators are giving good trade momentum. So there are many if-s to it. So making this kind of claims can not be fair. Just to give a little image what this software is about you can look to the benchmarks users post. You can see the trades are being made and how much they earn of it. But again, they if-s will remain, you can reproduce it in the benchmark tool to check it but nothing else. Speculation itself is a risk and aldo i am using math to get a grip of the risk it could go wrong or perfect.

Thanks for answer. Why You need so much detailed information abour customer - theres no shippment rates, just simple download form?

Stephan224 (OP)

Software developer

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2013, 04:19:50 PM
Last edit: October 28, 2013, 04:38:49 PM by Stephan224

There is just a download form. I used a webstore that accepts bitcoin payments. It requests personal information, but this is not required for me. The only thing that needs to be valid is your email adres. After payment and confirmation you will get a download link.

You can read about it here: http://www.haasonline.com/payment-details/

@San1ty:
Making some final adjustments... If you want to prepare, make sure you have some currency CTF files ready for testing. Smiley

San1ty

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 04:24:30 PM

There is just a download form. I used a webstore that accepts bitcoin payments. It requests personal information, but this is not required for me. The only thing that needs to be valid is your email adres. After payment and confirmation you will get a download link.

You can read about it here: http://www.haasonline.com/payment-details/

Are you going to post here when the new version is available?
* San1ty is eager! :-)

Stephan224 (OP)

Software developer

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2013, 06:23:59 PM

Simple Trade Bot version 0.9.0.1 is now available for download for all registered users. To get a copy, please login again like you did before and click at the same download link. To install the new version you need to uninstall the old version first.

I hope you enjoy the changes i made! Happy coin earning/benchmarking!

San1ty

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 06:49:48 PM

Simple Trade Bot version 0.9.0.1 is now available for download for all registered users. To get a copy, please login again like you did before and click at the same download link. To install the new version you need to uninstall the old version first.

I hope you enjoy the changes i made! Happy coin earning/benchmarking!

I just benchmarked on some old saved data of mine and it still seems to have the bug for refusing to buy:

Stephan224 (OP)

Software developer

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2013, 07:04:50 PM

I see about 12 buy signals being produced in the bot chart you posted.  Huh

Can you point out what you mean?

San1ty

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 07:08:42 PM

Yes it buys at some times indeed but also a lot of times where it should according to the trading signal, it actually does nothing.
Look at all the crossovers on that MACD indicator, those should all be trades. Why is it trading so little?

Stephan224 (OP)

Software developer

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2013, 07:27:16 PM

Ah, i get the problem here. I will try to explain the concept a little more;

A buy or sell signal has been build up of more signals then 1 or 2 indicator(2) you assign to it. For example, before a trade is allowed you must overcome the fee costs. If you do not overcome those costs you will lose coins to the trades you make. I made sure this can not happen, so i made the minimum raise and drop fields. As soon as i notice you enter a raise or drop that is to low to overcome the fee costs the field become red.

Alright, so far you know you need to overcome those fee costs before a trade is allowed. Now you want to see in a chart how this is happening. So i made the "Extended currency" chart. On this chart you can visually see the minimum target prices. At the part you expect to see trades you will see the target prices are not matched. (aka non-profitable trades)

This is the reason why you do not see those trades.

Tip: to increase resolution of the "Extended currency" you need to play with the drop-loss price. The closer it gets, the better the resolution gets.

And if you still do not believe me... well there is a new tab-page at the Benchmark window. It displays a table of all triggers used, splitted by "Empty" columns to separate the signals. You can backtrack the interval there and see which triggers reported OK and which not.

Edit:
To test what would happen if you use only the MACD indicator you can setup 0.00001 for both drop and raise. This will give you faster trading. But i recommend not to use it real-time, only for benchmarking.

rlhead7173

Activity: 109

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 12:57:52 AM

I was glad to see that the BOT added Cryptsy support so I purchased it. Unfortunately Cryptsy uses 8 decimal places and the BOT only supports 6. Any plans on adding support for 8 decimals?

BTC: 169Mm5zefmZz2EuJDRkXWtUQ9T1SQhEVPg
LTC: LTmq5m7SvGBfdShyQFPgRxZ5SUc2hsiCqV
NXT: NXT-PUTF-QSCM-DBJZ-CZMS7
Stephan224 (OP)

Software developer

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2013, 10:13:00 AM

I was glad to see that the BOT added Cryptsy support so I purchased it. Unfortunately Cryptsy uses 8 decimal places and the BOT only supports 6. Any plans on adding support for 8 decimals?

Are you really trading on those numbers? I did not expect that to happen. Smiley
I will have a look what i can do to support this.

krach
Legendary

Activity: 1851
Merit: 1020

Get Rekt

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2013, 11:44:14 AM

I think it is because some coins on cryptsy have 000000000000 billions of zeros  Grin
So cryptsy is working?! I have not tested that out yet.

[color=#00██ ████ ████

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀▐▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀    ▄▀█████▀     ▀█▄
▄█▄    █        ▀▄   ███▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▄       ▄▀▀▀▀▀███▄
████      ▀▄▄▄▄▄▀       ███
███     ▄▄███████▄▄     ▄▀█
█  ▀▄ ▄▀ ▀███████▀ ▀▄ ▄▀  █
▀█   █     ▀███▀     ▀▄  █▀
▀█▄▄█▄      █        █▄█▀
▀█████▄ ▄▀▀ ▀▀▄▄ ▄▄███▀
▀█████        ████▀
▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀

● OVER 1000000000 REKT PLEBS
● DAILY PARLAYS, ACCAS, SINGLES AND BOASTING
● BONUS HUNTING & VIP PICKS
● 24/7 LIVE TROLL BOX
● SCAM TOUTS ROASTED LIVE

rlhead7173

Activity: 109

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 12:00:01 PM

Are you really trading on those numbers? I did not expect that to happen. Smiley
I will have a look what i can do to support this.

Yes, I am trading on those numbers. The exchange uses 8 decimal places for all currencies. For example, the price for IFC/LTC is currently .0000054. My trades for this coin usury range in the 10ns of millions of IFC per transaction. The numbers get rounded to the 6th decimal place which causes it to buy and sell at the wrong price. The rounding occurs on all coins at Cryptsy because they use 8 decimal places.

I like the BOT and it is working great for me at BTC-E. It’s just that I primarily bout it for Cryptsy because I deal mostly in alt coins. 

BTC: 169Mm5zefmZz2EuJDRkXWtUQ9T1SQhEVPg
LTC: LTmq5m7SvGBfdShyQFPgRxZ5SUc2hsiCqV
NXT: NXT-PUTF-QSCM-DBJZ-CZMS7
nowywbitcoinowymswiecie

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 03:30:08 PM

Dear Stephan224 - I think I found one issue with internet connection. When internet connection drops TradeBot stops refreshing rates BUT it shows last update time continuosly.
I have internet connection through 3G modem. Connection is very stable but once per day modem reconnects. Today I was trying to recieve samples from exchange portal so Ive started trading Bot and put window in background. After few hours Ive checked and found that currency graph are not updated.

San1ty

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 03:40:33 PM

Dear Stephan224 - I think I found one issue with internet connection. When internet connection drops TradeBot stops refreshing rates BUT it shows last update time continuosly.
I have internet connection through 3G modem. Connection is very stable but once per day modem reconnects. Today I was trying to recieve samples from exchange portal so Ive started trading Bot and put window in background. After few hours Ive checked and found that currency graph are not updated.

I agree, there should definately be retries when the bot disconnects.

AtlasONo

Activity: 551
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 04:03:32 PM

I've run into a situation where the benchmark says it should have traded back and forth 2 times but it did nothing. There's enough in my account to fund all actions. This happened with both bot 1 and 2 and yes they are and have been set to active.

I tested the API connection through direct exchange and it had no trouble placing an order.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 125 »
  Print  

Jump to: