Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 07:59:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 233 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] SOMA - The Social Marketplace  (Read 92774 times)
XsouXsou

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 06:16:12 PM

Good project !
haxllega

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 06:18:28 PM

I can't believe everyone here is using android. Ok, my guess was android more common in here than ios. But i wasn't expecting this kind of difference.

Or there is some who already tested and keeping his thoughts to himself.
Maybe the app is so good that the iOs users want to keep it secret.  Grin

Rigorous

Activity: 574
Merit: 115

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 06:25:03 PM

I asked a question while back but I do not think it was answered.

Has anyone found what benefits token buyers get out of holding the tokens?
The worth of the tokens will decrease if more people use this.
Although I don't think this is planned as an investment so you don't need to get additional bonuses out of holding the tokens.
"While Soma enables the use of multiple cryptographic currencies on its platform - There is a strong support for the use of SCT as a payment since it is incentivized by removing transaction costs from the transactions made in SCT."

Maybe essentially this is a utility token and not an invesment token, so they wont give you any special benefit for holding the tokens.

Wait what? Then why would people want to participate in the ICO at all? Is Soma some kind of philanthropic project?

To be able to answer that question I think we first need to know what exactly Soma's business model is. Has anyone found a description of it?

Well to be honest I am not really sure what their business model exactly is. Could it be possible that they charge a small fee when an trade/auction on their market place was successful?
I think so that's the business model of most marketplace tokens. I think that's the best way for a project to get profit.

Then why don't Soma say so in their whitepapers?

And fees on trades? I thought their vision was to "cut out the middlemen from the trading"!

This is the only thing I can find:

SCT complements a good business model with patent-pending features and it is inevitable fact that the crypto currencies will play a major role in the future of C2C-platforms

What is that good business model?

We have to guess?
the_donald

Activity: 588

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 06:54:00 PM

I can't believe everyone here is using android. Ok, my guess was android more common in here than ios. But i wasn't expecting this kind of difference.

Or there is some who already tested and keeping his thoughts to himself.
Maybe the app is so good that the iOs users want to keep it secret.  Grin

what we need here is for the dev's to step up and make a video of the alpha in action for us android users.

Sozialtourist

Activity: 686
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 07:11:34 PM

I asked a question while back but I do not think it was answered.

Has anyone found what benefits token buyers get out of holding the tokens?
The worth of the tokens will decrease if more people use this.
Although I don't think this is planned as an investment so you don't need to get additional bonuses out of holding the tokens.
"While Soma enables the use of multiple cryptographic currencies on its platform - There is a strong support for the use of SCT as a payment since it is incentivized by removing transaction costs from the transactions made in SCT."

Maybe essentially this is a utility token and not an invesment token, so they wont give you any special benefit for holding the tokens.

Wait what? Then why would people want to participate in the ICO at all? Is Soma some kind of philanthropic project?

To be able to answer that question I think we first need to know what exactly Soma's business model is. Has anyone found a description of it?

Well to be honest I am not really sure what their business model exactly is. Could it be possible that they charge a small fee when an trade/auction on their market place was successful?
I think so that's the business model of most marketplace tokens. I think that's the best way for a project to get profit.

And fees on trades? I thought their vision was to "cut out the middlemen from the trading"!

SCT complements a good business model with patent-pending features and it is inevitable fact that the crypto currencies will play a major role in the future of C2C-platforms

We have to guess?

I get what you mean, this whole topic in the whitepaper is too vague. It would be good to have someone of the team showing up here and answer such questions. It should be clear how the team plans to earn money with their working product.
Rigorous

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 07:50:03 PM

We have to guess?

I get what you mean, this whole topic in the whitepaper is too vague. It would be good to have someone of the team showing up here and answer such questions. It should be clear how the team plans to earn money with their working product.

Elsewhere I read Soma's goal is to be "Facebook for items". Facebook did not have a business model (not a good one at least) until after their IPO: mobile ads. Maybe with Soma it will be the same in that they figure out the business model along the way Wink
matjas

Activity: 798

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 08:11:28 PM

Soma is a platform that will be great for sellers but also for buyers. For exemple thanks to the social network buyers will be able more than ever to create customer loyalty which is a very important point in any business.

yes also soma will accept many payment methods like bitcoin ether and litecoin and Utrust payment etc. i think this project gonna on top. i am so excited because i am part of this project. me and my friend already in invested on Soma project.

What are the products that you can buy on the Social Marketplace?

Well that mostly depends what the community wants to sell. Its a marketplace for reselling things you don't need anymore.

Ok but in general everything could be sold there, right? Isn't it just like amazon in some sense?

Since individuals will be selling their stuff, i believe you will be able to sell anything there. Ok, for sure no illegal items but other stuff shouldn't be a problem to put everything on the platform.

niklasmato

Activity: 616
Merit: 263

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 08:12:26 PM

just wondering if i should request the alpha for ios - anybody don that so far?

i have, the new version came out today!

I'vd tried a few times but the website isn't accepting my input. I'll try again with a different browser because Safari isn't working for me.
Elkmar

Activity: 294

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 08:13:30 PM

Maybe alpha testers agreed to a NDA (non-disclosure agreement) ? If not, we will se a youtube video in the next few days I guess (by someone like Mike B for example, or Ian Balina)

It would be surprising. Words go out pretty quickly in the crypto world, and the more buzz there the better it is for the ICO.
haxllega

Activity: 392

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 08:19:53 PM

Soma is a platform that will be great for sellers but also for buyers. For exemple thanks to the social network buyers will be able more than ever to create customer loyalty which is a very important point in any business.

yes also soma will accept many payment methods like bitcoin ether and litecoin and Utrust payment etc. i think this project gonna on top. i am so excited because i am part of this project. me and my friend already in invested on Soma project.

Well that mostly depends what the community wants to sell. Its a marketplace for reselling things you don't need anymore.

Ok but in general everything could be sold there, right? Isn't it just like amazon in some sense?

Since individuals will be selling their stuff, i believe you will be able to sell anything there. Ok, for sure no illegal items but other stuff shouldn't be a problem to put everything on the platform.
It's really interesting how people try to find comparisons to this platform but nothing fits.

john yuan

Activity: 154

0x3a730F3323481De284C92Ad82764D095f188B41b

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 08:30:42 PM

SOMA is similar to the Taobao shop + community, similar to the Block Chain merchant community. Huh
chainese

Activity: 299
Merit: 13

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 09:00:53 PM

Users will earn SCT for likes, followings and shares. What will they like follow and share? Online shops? Just don't understand
ParRus

Activity: 490
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 09:02:34 PM

It's really interesting how people try to find comparisons to this platform but nothing fits.
I agree SOMA is difference of any else projects that is now exist, they comprehensively solve all the problems of such sites. and it's great
Heimer

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 09:03:03 PM

Like always, every platform that wants to operate legally needs to follow strict rules. In other case this will be next darknet market  Cool
sockpuppet1911

Activity: 994
Merit: 278

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 09:04:42 PM

Good point... That's how you know that Soma is on to something original Smiley
helloal

Activity: 252

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 09:06:41 PM

Users will earn SCT for likes, followings and shares. What will they like follow and share? Online shops? Just don't understand

Just a guess, but I think it might be the other way around? ie. users earn SCT when other people link, follow, or share their products. Otherwise it will be very easy for an individual to just like/follow lots of things to earn SCT. It is still easy, the other way around, but less easy.

Sozialtourist

Activity: 686
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 09:19:53 PM

That can be a good sign. If it isn't comparable to something we know, it can be something innovative what a lot of people are unknowingly already waiting for.
FIEX

Activity: 630
Merit: 276

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 09:38:50 PM

Just a guess, but I think it might be the other way around? ie. users earn SCT when other people link, follow, or share their products. Otherwise it will be very easy for an individual to just like/follow lots of things to earn SCT. It is still easy, the other way around, but less easy.

Indeed, they will like, share the stuff people are selling.
So if you are someone with a high rating and you like or share something from someone, people will trust this product and will buy it when you share it instead of someone new. You can compare it with Facebook x Steemit.
Rigorous

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 09:55:01 PM

So if you are someone with a high rating and you like or share something from someone, people will trust this product and will buy it when you share it instead of someone new. You can compare it with Facebook x Steemit.

Will your rating on Soma be determined by your SCT balance, or is the rating mechanism separate from the tokens?
Heimer

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 10:28:46 PM

Will your rating on Soma be determined by your SCT balance, or is the rating mechanism separate from the tokens?
Rating system based only on balance would be just stupid because some whales would have the best rating out there Cheesy
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 233 »
  Print  

Jump to: