Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 02:45:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 [106] 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 ... 233 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] SOMA - The Social Marketplace  (Read 92774 times)
the_donald

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 05:18:35 PM

I dont think there will be any problem for SOMA to get fundings. They already did good campaigning and promotions. I just think google ads and Youtube ads will boost the ICO.

What is the state of the ICO right now ?

8.181.417 SCT sold so far out of 54mill.

SEELE^^01

Activity: 952
Merit: 137

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 05:28:45 PM

I dont think there will be any problem for SOMA to get fundings. They already did good campaigning and promotions. I just think google ads and Youtube ads will boost the ICO.

well, thats a good number, if you think that the ico got extended and will be running for a couple of time Smiley
FIEX

Activity: 630
Merit: 276

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 05:34:42 PM

Tokens sold is also included the bonusses?
So maybe a little less then 54M? Any way great funding! Really hope SOMA will be the next big thing!

Great work team!
You guys are doing great
kraterion

Activity: 616
Merit: 145

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 05:43:09 PM

After ICO you can buy remaining SOMA tokens on their platform. Also interesting: "Soma will provide a "liquidity reserve" of SCT, which will only be utilized in a theoretical situation, for instance, if after the ICO the SCT is not liquid enough to support the functioning of the Soma platform." From whitepaper.

They wont burn it? Dont like that idea, i hope it doesnt backfire back on them. I dont see the reason of doing that since their ICO is going quite good.

Im sorry for the confusion, I read this in the technical whitepaper, page 5:

''Soma Community Tokens can be acquired (in
exchange for Ether) during the ICO. After the
completion of the ICO, purchasing SCT for Ether
will be available via the Soma platform. The price
of SCT will be set according to its current price on
the stock exchanges.''

But I read it wrong, I thought the remaining tokens would be sold on the platform, but I read now that the remaining tokens are getting burned.

Nevertheless, it's an interesting part of the Whitepaper that you quoted. Could these SCTs that you can buy via the SOMA platform after the ICO be part of the 10% liquidity reserve, they will keep if the ICO will not get sold-out?

No, they announced it they won't. Probably they will implement in their system to buy/sell soma in their platform it is what i understand from this sentence.

So remaining tokens will be burned? Low supply then, but remember that that's not the most important parameter, xrp for example has billions of coins but has a huge marketcap

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
Sozialtourist

Activity: 686
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 05:43:18 PM

After ICO you can buy remaining SOMA tokens on their platform. Also interesting: "Soma will provide a "liquidity reserve" of SCT, which will only be utilized in a theoretical situation, for instance, if after the ICO the SCT is not liquid enough to support the functioning of the Soma platform." From whitepaper.

They wont burn it? Dont like that idea, i hope it doesnt backfire back on them. I dont see the reason of doing that since their ICO is going quite good.

the stock exchanges.''

But I read it wrong, I thought the remaining tokens would be sold on the platform, but I read now that the remaining tokens are getting burned.

Nevertheless, it's an interesting part of the Whitepaper that you quoted. Could these SCTs that you can buy via the SOMA platform after the ICO be part of the 10% liquidity reserve, they will keep if the ICO will not get sold-out?

No, they announced it they won't. Probably they will implement in their system to buy/sell soma in their platform it is what i understand from this sentence.

The part of the technical whitepaper, that Yasemine quoted is still valid. So unless some whales get on board and buy all tokens, there will be SCTs available to buy after the ICO. Just not the whole amount of the unsold tokens. They will keep a 10% reserve for that purpose:

Here is the statement from Telegram.

"The unsold tokens will be burnt, expect the 10% liquidity reserve, which will only exist if the the ICO will not reach the hard cap. The rationale for the liquidity reserve is to ensure smooth functioning of the Soma platform in theoretical situation where onboarding users to the platform would not be able to buy SCT from the open markets. So it is a supportive SCT reserve for the platform for the unlikely event. If the liquidity reserve is not needed, these tokens will be burnt also."
levyashin

Activity: 980
Merit: 276

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 05:58:39 PM

smooth functioning of the Soma platform in theoretical situation where onboarding users to the platform would not be able to buy SCT from the open markets.

It is not really possible this kind of situation in crypto world.

My thinking that they will sell them sometime later (maybe years), with high volume and running project. They should be idiots to sell them after the ico.

belechau

Activity: 686

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 06:14:19 PM

smooth functioning of the Soma platform in theoretical situation where onboarding users to the platform would not be able to buy SCT from the open markets.

My thinking that they will sell them sometime later (maybe years), with high volume and running project. They should be idiots to sell them after the ico.

Do you refer to possible token burns? there is potential for sale post Ico, even if it does not hit the cover, Soma is great, burning them would be foolish, investors would have advantages with this, but the project has the potential to grow continuously and plenty of room to continue attracting attention and selling on its platform
Rigorous

Activity: 574
Merit: 115

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 06:34:59 PM

the stock exchanges.''

The part of the technical whitepaper, that Yasemine quoted is still valid. So unless some whales get on board and buy all tokens, there will be SCTs available to buy after the ICO. Just not the whole amount of the unsold tokens. They will keep a 10% reserve for that purpose:

Here is the statement from Telegram.

"The unsold tokens will be burnt, expect the 10% liquidity reserve, which will only exist if the the ICO will not reach the hard cap. The rationale for the liquidity reserve is to ensure smooth functioning of the Soma platform in theoretical situation where onboarding users to the platform would not be able to buy SCT from the open markets. So it is a supportive SCT reserve for the platform for the unlikely event. If the liquidity reserve is not needed, these tokens will be burnt also."

Why do we have to find that out in such a roundabout way? They have a whole page on their website dedicated to documents, including a paper for the ICO specs. Why not write that information in there?
quarkyplum

Activity: 378

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 07:04:35 PM

No, I think we still can buy Soma token through exchange normally, example EtherDelta exchange. This exchanger is a decentralized exchange and can supply you trading buy/sell token used Ethereum platform easily. I think we will not have any problem when trade Soma token through this exchange.
bitcoinbulk

Activity: 280

Ternion | Hybrid Crypto Exchange with fiat gateway

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2017, 07:26:35 PM

the stock exchanges.''

That's a great question...where are the SCT tokens that are for sale coming from?

haxllega

Activity: 392

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 07:26:41 PM

well, thats a good number, if you think that the ico got extended and will be running for a couple of time Smiley
Let's hope they will get investments until the end of the ICO. I saw a lot of recent ICOs who got hardly any funds in the last days of their ICO.

SEELE^^01

Activity: 952
Merit: 137

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 07:48:59 PM

Let's hope they will get investments until the end of the ICO. I saw a lot of recent ICOs who got hardly any funds in the last days of their ICO.

probably all because of the fukin forks that happend and upcoming segwit32x will not do better to the icos ><"

i really hate those forks... everyone sells tokens/alts to go into btc...
sockpuppet1911

Activity: 994
Merit: 278

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 07:54:12 PM

Soma sounds like a girl name . A  cute office assistant logo would match the name  Grin

Soma, i think its a Japanese name, that I don't know what it means, but definitely is not english or spanish, it is from another language for sure, so in a way it could sound silly for other people, for me though it sounds good, but it doesn't ring the concept of the project, nor the pet animal that represents it, but at last, it doesn't matter.

Could be from an Asian language or just a radom word. I can't imagen an Japanese word, also checked a dictionary and couldn't find something.

Or wait, I just found some internet slang or so in Japanese which says that soma is build out of ソマ = それまじ (sore maji) which means as much as "is it real?". But don't know if this is the origin for Soma.
Hey , enough  Grin.
You guys didnt realize it? SOMA >> SOcial MArketplace
But its also a guess  Grin

Yeah or it is just Social Marketplace  Shocked I just got drawn into this Asian language thing that I haven't thought about this obvious naming lol

It's make sense. the name is is abbreviated to a word , not a person's name

looool facepalm... SOMA >> SOcial MArketplace => i think this is more obvious, than the japanese "is it real" slang.

I feel like an idiot, i thought it was the drug called soma, and thought: "That is sure a weird name for marketplace", but then again most darknet marketplaces sell drugs so i didn't bat an eye. Tongue
kraterion

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 08:05:16 PM

After ICO you can buy remaining SOMA tokens on their platform. Also interesting: "Soma will provide a &quot;liquidity reserve&quot; of SCT, which will only be utilized in a theoretical situation, for instance, if after the ICO the SCT is not liquid enough to support the functioning of the Soma platform." From whitepaper.

the stock exchanges.''

That's what I understood as well, they will just put a sort of mini exchange with SCT/ETH pair where you can purchase/sell SCT with an api to read the price on coinmarketcap

lobat999

Activity: 1078
Merit: 310

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 08:31:05 PM

As per their road map, I understand the DEV team is rigorously testing their Beta version for release this coming 4th Q 2017.
helloal

Activity: 252

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 08:38:58 PM

As per their road map, I understand the DEV team is rigorously testing their Beta version for release this coming 4th Q 2017.

That's coming up pretty soon. I hope they will be able to iron out all the significant bugs by then. Maybe it could come out in time for people to use it for Christmas?

lvsca

Activity: 1792
Merit: 293

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2017, 09:02:07 PM

That's coming up pretty soon. I hope they will be able to iron out all the significant bugs by then. Maybe it could come out in time for people to use it for Christmas?

hope it launch before xmas, so every body here can use SOMA app.

TONUP██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄███████▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████▄░▄▄▀█████▀▄████▄
▄███████▄▀█▄▀██▀▄███████▄
█████████▄▀█▄▀▄██████████
██████████▄▀█▄▀██████████
██████████▀▄▀█▄▀█████████
▀███████▀▄██▄▀█▄▀███████▀
▀████▀▄█████▄▀▀░▀█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀█████▄
▄██████████▀▀█████▐████▄
██████▀▀████▄▄▀▀█████████
████▄▄███▄██▀█████▐██████
█████████▀██████████████
▀███████▌▐██████▐██████▀
▀███████▄▄███▄████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████▀▀███▀▀███▀▀██▀███▄
████▀███████▀█▀███▀█████
██████████████████████
████▄███████▄█▄███▄█████
▀████▄▄███▄▄███▄▄██▄███▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
JOIN NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
kraterion

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 09:02:51 PM

Closed beta, I asked if it will be accesible by invitation only but I didn't get an answer yet. Maybe it will be for token holders only, who knows

fajarkus12

Activity: 350

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 09:25:19 PM

Closed beta, I asked if it will be accesible by invitation only but I didn't get an answer yet. Maybe it will be for token holders only, who knows

As i know usually if closed beta it will be accessible for token holder or by invitation only. Probably for someone who has a certain number of tokens. If open beta it will be accessible for everyone
Elkmar

Activity: 294

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 09:39:13 PM

There is a beta being teste right now or I did not understand ?
Pages: « 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 [106] 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 ... 233 »
  Print  

Jump to: