Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 03:48:48 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 [121] 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 ... 316 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Ixcoin TODO  (Read 631710 times)
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2014, 10:30:37 PM

That's true.  Why choose iXcoin when there's so many hot, new and popular coins out there and more coming out daily?

Still doesn't add up.

I'm still wondering why of all coins, someone tried cheating on iXcoin votes on CoinPayments.  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=471792.msg5427646#msg5427646

Looks like iXcoin has devs with money but they the only ones wanting to buy. Even on MintPal vote this coin coming 2nd but volume will be dead like on other exchanges.

Time ago it was mentioned cex.io's users, the main receivers of free ixc through mm, were 100k. It's not true anymore, look at this map...

http://blog.cex.io/cex-io-at-one-glance/

So you get where these coins are.

I don't get it, can you elaborate?  Thanks.

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2014, 10:31:37 PM

That's true.  Why choose iXcoin when there's so many hot, new and popular coins out there and more coming out daily?

Still doesn't add up.

I'm still wondering why of all coins, someone tried cheating on iXcoin votes on CoinPayments.  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=471792.msg5427646#msg5427646

Looks like iXcoin has devs with money but they the only ones wanting to buy. Even on MintPal vote this coin coming 2nd but volume will be dead like on other exchanges.

That's just it, iXcoin doesn't have devs with money.  I'm it and I don't have money to throw away like that so then the question is:  who is doing this and why?  Why iXcoin? 

SuperZeus

Activity: 378
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 02:04:46 AM
Last edit: March 22, 2014, 08:49:39 AM by SuperZeus

What is the fastest way to buy ixcoin?

I would say Cryptsy.  Just transfer your BTC there and buy.

Good luck.

Vircurex usually has bigger chunks of coin for sale than Cryptsy, often in 1000-2000 coin lots.
RobFordWotWot

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

time

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 03:29:23 AM

That's true.  Why choose iXcoin when there's so many hot, new and popular coins out there and more coming out daily?

Still doesn't add up.

I'm still wondering why of all coins, someone tried cheating on iXcoin votes on CoinPayments.  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=471792.msg5427646#msg5427646

That's just it, iXcoin doesn't have devs with money.  I'm it and I don't have money to throw away like that so then the question is:  who is doing this and why?  Why iXcoin?  

3 bitcoin to get listed on an exchange is nothing at all. If Ixcoin is all it is made out to be there must be devs with money. Nobody knows who Thomas is.

Luke is a self-described philosopreneur. He's either got semi-deep pockets or he's not living up to that title.

Where are all the Ixcoin that haven't hit cryptsy or vircurex? Roughly 5-6 million have been traded out of aproximately 16 million.

Ixcoin is either a scam or a brilliant move by a group of extremely intelligent people. If it's a scam, they aren't making much money. Ix has a low trade volume.

I don't know if anybody here has heard the phrase 'techno-meme divination' but it's one of those subtle things that combined with the hard data supports Ixcoin. Bitcoin is the most disruptive technology the world has had in a long time. It is most definitely not a one-off. Outside of briefings and affirmation of legality, whatever that means, the government has said nearly-nothing about the larger direction of cryptocurrency. Something has to give.

Is it Ixc? Perhaps.

Horses in midstream.
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2014, 05:39:49 AM

Great post, RobFord.

I'm gonna have to look closer at some of the terms and points you just made.

Very interesting and I totally agree with you.  And I'm gonna add that something's gotta give very soon cause this whole thing is moving at light speed.  We'll see massive change in this industry and massive adoption by end of this year.

FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 12:35:50 AM
Last edit: March 24, 2014, 01:15:23 AM by FrictionlessCoin

Is Vircurex gonna blow up?

Lost a lot of BTC just trying to get my money out.  

I should have suspected a problem months ago when they did not bother to fix their site.

This exchange is history.  You might as well take a 35% loss transferring money through another coin or take a 100% loss by tomorrow.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2014, 01:44:41 AM

I should have suspected a problem months ago when they did not bother to fix their site.

This exchange is history.  You might as well take a 35% loss transferring money through another coin or take a 100% loss by tomorrow.

I agree, I just transferred everything I had in there into a cold wallet.  Too much good competition now, they're not gonna bother paying all these people back given they owe so much.  Closing shop will prove much cheaper for them.

FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 02:06:46 AM

I agree, I just transferred everything I had in there into a cold wallet.  Too much good competition now, they're not gonna bother paying all these people back given they owe so much.  Closing shop will prove much cheaper for them.

I hope MarkM got his BTC out.  He once said that he was collecting interesting on the BTC he had deposited at Vircurex.

What I don't get is why are they freezing funds of customers who deposited BTC after the those incidents last year?  I thought those incidents were minor incidents and they were able to re-pay back the customers.   Now they're saying that they are going to take the BTC for the folks who got enticed to keep their BTC there based on an interest paying scheme.  What a scam!   

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2014, 02:10:07 AM

They won't let you take out any BTC right now.  I just tried taking out a very small amount of BTC and it didn't let me.

No way I can ever keep my coins on there now. 

Another one bites the dust. 

Looks like we're gonna go with a centralized banker funded exchange afterall.  Was to be expected.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2014, 02:21:39 AM

I don't think Cryptsy is next.  I think Cryptsy is solid.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2014, 02:41:36 AM

I don't think Cryptsy is next.  I think Cryptsy is solid.

they seem to be killing everything off///or just pre-show bashing so they can say see look at the alts flyyyy for the "insiders" bitcoin clownshow lmfao!!! :-)

Killing everything off?   What?  I don't get it.  They regularly remove low volume non-performing coins and replace them with newer coins which have more volume.  I don't see anything to suggest Cryptsy is next. 

markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2014, 02:47:36 AM

Cryptsy has always been a scam-exchange from the start, their entire business model is to support and profit from scams, of course they will scam you every way they can, it is what they do. If they haven't simply walked off with your money yet it is simply because they are raking in so much by adding more and more new scams right now so for the moment adding more scams is more profitable than walking off with the loot. That they are more than willing to participate in support and perpetuate scams though has been clear from the start, basically the only reason anyone uses them is from hoping to getin on the scams and get out fast enough to come out ahead.

Bear in mind too that at some point no matter how many more millions of bucks you might stand to make by continuing to work hard, one can reach a point where no longer working starts to look good even if you only have so many billions saved up so far from your scams so far...

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2014, 06:43:32 AM

Cryptsy has always been a scam-exchange from the start, their entire business model is to support and profit from scams, of course they will scam you every way they can, it is what they do. If they haven't simply walked off with your money yet it is simply because they are raking in so much by adding more and more new scams right now so for the moment adding more scams is more profitable than walking off with the loot. That they are more than willing to participate in support and perpetuate scams though has been clear from the start, basically the only reason anyone uses them is from hoping to getin on the scams and get out fast enough to come out ahead.

Bear in mind too that at some point no matter how many more millions of bucks you might stand to make by continuing to work hard, one can reach a point where no longer working starts to look good even if you only have so many billions saved up so far from your scams so far...

-MarkM-

I see your point Mark but honestly, if they didn't add all these CrapCoins they'd go out of business.  Look at Vircurex as an example of an exchange excluding so called CrapCoins.  Tons of traders have already switched to mintpal even though it's a newer [unproven] exchange because mintpal was quicker to add all the new ShitCoins so people felt like they were missing out on big trades by waiting on Cryptsy.

When this onslaught of new cryptos slows down or levels out that's when Cryptsy should consolidate its holdings and consider being a premium exchange but right now it would be a poor business decision to do so as most traders today are basically day traders and Cryptsy et al get most of their revenues from high volume day traders, not from guys like me who make a couple trades per week or per month.

And frankly, I want the option to buy a trendy ShitCoin if I feel the need without having to use some third rate Chinese site or hunt down sketchy miners to buy them.  Some of these new coins have potential and it's nice to be able to buy early.

New coins including lots of CrapCoins are not gonna slow down.  We'll hit my 3,000 alt coin target by next year with ease and may actually go over.  There's no way Cryptsy can not add all those coins just cause some are gonna be scams.  They add them and the buyers decide which to buy and the ones which don't sell get delisted - it's a very democratic system they've got going on and I wouldn't change it at this point in the game.

markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2014, 11:11:06 AM

Its not a matter of "some" are scams, its a matter of it being blatantly obvious from scratch that the so called devs cannot afford to secure a blockchain so the whole thing is a scam from the start, scamming people into throwing money into a wet paper bag for any idiot with a few botnets or datacentres or whatever to PWN at will.

At least wait for a coin to be number two in mining power of its type or something, like when DOGE came along and made it clear that even litecoin might be too insecure to be reasonable and all the others (worldcoin, feathercoin, and on and on and on) so insanely insecure that conning people into buying them is basically criminal negligence or deliberate scam.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 11:11:55 AM

-MarkM-

I see your point Mark but honestly, if they didn't add all these CrapCoins they'd go out of business.  Look at Vircurex as an example of an exchange excluding so called CrapCoins.  Tons of traders have already switched to mintpal even though it's a newer [unproven] exchange because mintpal was quicker to add all the new ShitCoins so people felt like they were missing out on big trades by waiting on Cryptsy.

When this onslaught of new cryptos slows down or levels out that's when Cryptsy should consolidate its holdings and consider being a premium exchange but right now it would be a poor business decision to do so as most traders today are basically day traders and Cryptsy et al get most of their revenues from high volume day traders, not from guys like me who make a couple trades per week or per month.

And frankly, I want the option to buy a trendy ShitCoin if I feel the need without having to use some third rate Chinese site or hunt down sketchy miners to buy them.  Some of these new coins have potential and it's nice to be able to buy early.

New coins including lots of CrapCoins are not gonna slow down.  We'll hit my 3,000 alt coin target by next year with ease and may actually go over.  There's no way Cryptsy can not add all those coins just cause some are gonna be scams.  They add them and the buyers decide which to buy and the ones which don't sell get delisted - it's a very democratic system they've got going on and I wouldn't change it at this point in the game.

Coindesk reports that Vircurex is based in Beijing China... wow... did not know that... I thought they were Canadian.    

Anyway,  the company is pretty much history.   You can't entice people to deposit their money and then turn around and confiscate the deposits on the explanation that you got hacked a year ago.   They should have shutdown the exchange over a year ago if they could not make up their shortfall.  What Vircurex is doing is theft.

I took a 35% loss on my BTC just to get my money out quickly.  

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 11:19:03 AM

Its not a matter of "some" are scams, its a matter of it being blatantly obvious from scratch that the so called devs cannot afford to secure a blockchain so the whole thing is a scam from the start, scamming people into throwing money into a wet paper bag for any idiot with a few botnets or datacentres or whatever to PWN at will.

At least wait for a coin to be number two in mining power of its type or something, like when DOGE came along and made it clear that even litecoin might be too insecure to be reasonable and all the others (worldcoin, feathercoin, and on and on and on) so insanely insecure that conning people into buying them is basically criminal negligence or deliberate scam.

-MarkM-

I would have to disagree with you here.   The value of a coin is related to the perceived security of the coin.

There are thousands of penny stocks open for trading everyday.  A vast majority of them (don't know the percentage) are utterly worthless.  However they still do trade.   

The difference between Cryptsy and Vircurex is that, at least we know the address and the person who runs Cryptsy.   Vircurex takes effort to remain anonymous.   Of course, that did not help stop MtGox from running their scam.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2014, 12:06:05 PM

Vircurex is in Poland.  I know cause I wired them money last year when I bought my first crypto coins: Devcoin.

CoinDesk also said Vircurex froze all their coins and then listed just 4 coins. Obviously a very poorly researched article.

FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 03:26:41 PM

Vircurex is in Poland.  I know cause I wired them money last year when I bought my first crypto coins: Devcoin.

CoinDesk also said Vircurex froze all their coins and then listed just 4 coins. Obviously a very poorly researched article.

All the news outlets are reporting that Vircurex is coming out of Beijing China.

Which is kind of strange since they have a USD/EUR exchange.   

Lat I heard,  Vircurex have removed all withdrawals for all coins.  If you got IXC in there, my sympathies.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2014, 02:38:42 AM

This is bad news for IXC, Vircurex has been a major exchange for trading iXcoin.  We really need a top notch replacement as soon as possible.

Edit:

I just went to vircurex and their entire site is OFFLINE.  I thought they only restricted 4 of the coins in there.  Now the whole site is offline?  What's going on?  

I had 250,000 iXcoins in Vircurex cause I had heard of an imminent IXC pump and thought I may need to sell some coins if the price got high enough.  This is UNREAL!!!!!

markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2014, 02:45:06 AM

They said ahead of time it would go down for half an hour to run the frozen balances stuff so maybe it will come back up soon with the freezing done and all buy orders denominated in the frozen coin types cancelled.

-MarkM-

Pages: « 1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 [121] 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 ... 316 »
  Print  

Jump to: