Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 07:41:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 [155] 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 ... 316 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Ixcoin TODO  (Read 631710 times)
rubenaco

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

NXT FORUM MÁS Y MEJOR

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 09:26:44 AM

why the people might buy ixcoin? I bought because only has 21 milions and maybe mintpal will accept.

other opinion? Huh

open your mind!!
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2014, 04:38:33 PM

Well, it turns out that the OP_RETURN with metadata is not enabled on our 0.8.6 client and will work only on a 0.9.0 client.    I will check if the multi-sig version is available for 0.8.6 and see if we can go with that.

Anyway,  CEX.IO involvement is critical to get the features we want into IXC.   Without them, we are essentially unnable to make an upgrade.

Since we need to upgrade to version 0.9.0 anyway to get OP_RETURN, we should go ahead and add IXC escrow!!!  Kill two birds with one coin.  It's hard enough getting CEX.io to upgrade.  Imagine trying to do it twice!

That's what I've been saying.  

If we're going to ask CEX.io for any favors then let's please do it right and add as may upgrades and updates as possible so we're set until next year.  

counterparty has recently added countersports (betting using decentralized escrow) causing price rise of xcp
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=395761.msg6893029#msg6893029

AWESOME.  There's our escrow feature.  Now let's copy and paste that Sh1&@.  ; )

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2014, 04:42:48 PM

I noticed this is the same symbol used by Ghash.io
http://graphemica.com/⚒
https://ghash.io

I would choose that one, just to strenghten the link with Cex.io/Ghash.io. Plus it resembles a X.

Vlad, can we choose it?

iXcoin cap: 21,000,000⚒

I'm not sure about that.  It's very industrial and I think we're looking for something more elegant and sophisticated.  That industrial look works for Ghash.io since they're a mining operation.

It's also very reminiscent of the communist symbol which could turn off many many people.

I have a feeling CEX.io (Ghash.io) is in China so a communist symbol lookalike might get then some brownie points.  Haha, we don't need to be limited by anything.

I'll start a new thread for the 500/500 iXcoin bounty for the new symbol.  I'm guessing we have to do it in the alt currency announcements arena.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2014, 04:45:43 PM
Last edit: May 25, 2014, 05:26:19 PM by Vlad2Vlad

why the people might buy ixcoin? I bought because only has 21 milions and maybe mintpal will accept.

other opinion? Huh

That's the least reason to buy iXcoin.  There's plenty of other coins with lower caps already on, or going to mintpal.

I bought iXcoin for a number of other good reasons.

They're riddled throughout most of my threads, if you're interested in reading them.  This thread and the Riddle thread, especially.

Welcome!

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2014, 04:51:37 PM
Last edit: May 25, 2014, 05:16:13 PM by Vlad2Vlad

Can someone link To Friction's thread (I searched and can't find it in my archive) where our new logos were made.

I'm just gonna use that thread for the new logo.  That way those guys who made out first logo will see it.

Thanks.

Edit:  I dug through Friction's old posts and found it.  Posted the bounties and also PM'd the 2 guys who won the last bounties.  Offered them 500 IXC (per logo, i and x) instead of the 100 they got last time so I hope that will get them to participate.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2014, 05:24:11 PM

Can someone link To Friction's thread (I searched and can't find it in my archive) where our new logos were made.

I'm just gonna use that thread for the new logo.  That way those guys who made out first logo will see it.

Thanks.

maybe this?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=369142.0

Also found this interesting bit while searching.
 IXCoin was created by Thomas and Fred Twingham (user Nasakioto on bitcointalk.org)
http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=ixcoin

Who the hell is Fred Twingham?

I think it's more wild goose chases.  I've been looking for and asking about them for a year now and nobody ever heard of them.

schnötzel
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1041

Bitcoin is a bit**

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 06:36:58 PM

I'm just gonna use that thread for the new logo.  That way those guys who made out first logo will see it.

Thanks.

maybe this?

IXCoin was created by Thomas and Fred Twingham (user Nasakioto on bitcointalk.org)

I think it's more wild goose chases.  I've been looking for and asking about them for a year now and nobody ever heard of them.

Twingham   Grin
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2014, 06:38:09 PM

Thanks.

maybe this?

Twingham   Grin

OH NOOOOOO.

Why did you just do that?

I'm already nuts enough.

Please, don't feed the crazies!  Haha!

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2014, 06:40:27 PM
Last edit: May 25, 2014, 08:38:56 PM by Vlad2Vlad

Ghash.io (CEX.io) now over 40% [again] of all Bitcoin [Merge] mining power on earth.

And WE, iXcoin, have these guys on our Foundation Board.

Seriously, nobody sees what's going on here?

cryptos

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 12:08:54 AM

Free merged mining?
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2014, 12:59:26 AM

Free merged mining?

Nothing is free.

So then...why would the largest mining pool on earth offer their services to our little known coin?

mmm01
Legendary

Activity: 973
Merit: 1053

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 01:03:30 AM

Free merged mining?

Nothing is free.

So then...why would the largest mining pool on earth offer their services to our little known coin?

because ixcoin to the moon(secure enough to invest in)?  you'll have to spell it out for me.
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2014, 01:27:18 AM

Free merged mining?

Nothing is free.

because ixcoin to the moon(secure enough to invest in)?  you'll have to spell it out for me.

Well, I can only infer, just like anyone else here.  I don't have any insider info.

But if I were CEX.io I would realize that profitable mining is starting to die and soon, the major banks and corporations will start mining with their massive data centers and they'll kill my profit margins until I go out of business.

So then, I need to change my business model to include other services like:  Trading, Escrow, Secure Wallet Storage, etc.

So with the proper funding (and I assume they have tons of Cash) and Financial Tools (which they can easily build) CEX.io can become the Ameritrade+ of Cryptos - a one-stop-shop for everything Cryptos.

But that's not where the REALLY big money is.  The REALLY big money is gonna be in Payment Processors/Payment Services - getting a cut out of every crypto penny spent on the whole planet.

Like Circle, BitPay and Coinbase, trying to become the Visa/MasterCard of Crypto Currencies.  But for this you need ultra secure coins to work with which are also widely distributed, relatively stable and time tested - able to handle any amount of hash power without forking and designed to function well with any bolt-on features [like CounterParty].

Sure you can use Bitcoin but why not add another coin, or a few coins and have a multiple coin wallet for your payment service which gives your customers [and merchants] much needed added flexibility and even more payment options.  This would give you an edge over the likes of BitPay whose only focus is Bitcoin.

This also gives you an edge since you got into iXcoin very early and you have 180,000 customers who also hold significant amounts of iXcoin.  This would add some stickiness when it comes to customer retention, something which will be incredibly valuable and difficult to do once the big Wall Street billionaires open up mining operations and top notch Trading Platforms.

This is my thinking...and I'm simply inferring [some probable scenarios] based on what I would do if I had such a massive mining operation.

cinnamon_carter
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2014, 02:31:31 AM

With a thread 172 and growing forgive me if this was posted previously.

http://www.cryptocoinrank.com/

an alternative to

https://coinmarketcap.com/

Stronger rating !!

Of course these numbers are quick to change with some buy and sell orders for most coins even some of the titans but I thought it worth sharing.

iX has been around , paid it's dues and a strong secure blockchain. This is a very attractive feature on which to build trust which is what I believe to be the key to 'true' (vs. pumped or hyped) VALUE over the long haul.

Every day more people around the world become aware of cryptocurrency and embrace it and governments and corporations are certainly making plans for the future.  

Just as it took a long time for people to pay for things with credit cards as the 'norm' -- worldwide changes don't happen overnight.
(research the history of credit cards they date back to the early 20th century and even late 19th century before Diners Club even existed in the 1950's ect.....)  ..... Today it is rare I go out and see someone not swipe a card.  Cash is going out of style like it or not. In America government 'benefits' like food stamps and unemployment are even done by card.  

We here all see the good (and bad) things that lie ahead as 'credit' and 'debit' cards with banks fees ect.... are replaced by cryptocurrency.
I certainly believe the good outweighs the bad.

As someone stated above , mining is getting out of the reach of the everyday individual.  With the latest increase in bitcoin difficulty the hardware with hash power that was earning .03 btc a day 2 days ago is now more profitable to be turned off and sold on e bay. (Unless anyone thinks difficulty may go down anytime in the near future which is very doubtful as the last time bitcoin difficulty decreased was January of 2013)
A similar trend is taking place with all scrypt 1024 coins as litecoin and the others are no longer 'profitable' from a mathematical standpoint to operate and 'exchange'.  This is part due to more people mining, emerging mining technology and the alternative coin market 'adjusting' itself as it grows larger.

As people are forced to turn off mining or face negatie roi I guess some may turn to speculation but if history has taught us anything we know even top wall st. analysts often do no better than just riding the s&p 500.  

Yesterday I noticed a so called newer 'popular' alt coin had a daily trading volume on cryptsy of over 5600 bitcoin and about half that on mintpal.  
That translated to bitcoin and dollars means five million dollars of that coin traded hands in one day.  That is quite different than a 'pump' with 40 or 50 BTC......

One important thing that helped the internet be so successful as it grew from it's 1970's or really 1990's self to today was backward compatability.

Back in the late 1990's when the 'few' had dsl high speed connections most were still dialing up. Still just as it was necessary for those who built the framework of what the high speed internet is today compared to the dial up days care was taken not to make peoples computers or other devices obsolete overnight.

As the new changes the 9.x platform are introduced as long as this mindset is maintained I think it prudent to plan and build for the future.

As Vlad and others mentioned features that 'destroy' coins or 'tie them up' in any fashion should be implemented with caution.

I think we all see parallels to the growth of the web from an obscure tool used by universities and scientists to it's place in the world today.  While I think it a good analogy we must also remember that the evolution of 'money' , 'wealth' or whatever you want to call it may not happen exactly the same way as the technology 'boom' that ended the 20th century and began the 21st century and continues now.  

In closing this long rambling comment.....

I tried to explain bitcoin some time ago to an older woman I often see while I commute on the train.  She smiled at me and said 'oh honey, that sounds wonderful but those rich people are never going to let us poor people get rich like they are' .....  As time has gone on I think she may have been right so let's keep that in mind as we build the future.  

As long as 'we' control the network, 'we' can make the rules.  

Check out my coin Photon
Merge Mine 5 other Blake 256 coins - 6x your hash power  https://www.blakecoin.org/

The obvious choice is not always the best choice.

LOOK DEEPER - Look into the Blake 256 Family -- CC
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2014, 05:42:38 AM

"As long as 'we' control the network, 'we' can make the rules." 

Herein lies the problem.  The network will require massive data centers to secure and control.  This was at the core design of Satoshi's so called anti bank and anti government lies.

The bigger Bitcoin gets and all its clones the farther they will get out of reach for the 99%. 

I saw this last year and was once again called insane for it, cause Andreas Antonopolous told everyone the banks and govt hated Bitcoin and they could never control it.

The best we can do, I'm afraid, is to help guide these currencies into a direction more palatable and people friendly, via a democratic system, such as the foundation board will empower and employ.

And of course, hope to make enough money so that you can help those around you who will not be as fortunate when the crash [of the millennium] does come.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2014, 02:39:17 AM

Not a single nibble on the 1 letter currency design contest I put up.

Come on, Friction, how did you get that great logo done in 3 days and for only 100 IXC?

I'm offering 5 times more and I'm not getting even a response.

We really need a 1 letter symbol to use for the actually currency symbol.

It can be an i or an X.

Does anyone here have any photoshop skills?

500 IXC for the i and 500 IXC for the X.

Come on.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2014, 02:44:02 AM

Looks like CEX.io has already chosen a symbol for iXcoin.

Very nice indeed.

Image originally posted by Dexter.

BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 05:32:42 AM

Just a few currency symbols for ixc

http://graphemica.com/Ж

http://graphemica.com/⺢

Ж

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2014, 05:34:16 AM

BN,

That IXC symbol has been posted already, but thanks anyway.

I think we need one that's PhotoShopped in order to make it more unique.

AltCoinArt

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 05:03:10 AM

http://i60.tinypic.com/20kass2.jpg

http://i62.tinypic.com/6f8kl2.jpg

http://i60.tinypic.com/o77ymd.jpg

http://i58.tinypic.com/2zrlrg4.jpg
Pages: « 1 ... 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 [155] 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 ... 316 »
  Print  

Jump to: