Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 07:12:29 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 [140] 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 ... 316 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Ixcoin TODO  (Read 631710 times)
bigtimespaghetti
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

bigtimespaghetti.com

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2014, 11:23:43 AM

WOW thats very cool what you are doing, very cool coins!

too bad i use ixcoin to diversivicate my PM investment  Grin

but i will think about it, some gox silver coins would really be something special.

i think in general there should be more Crypto/PM exchange, this helps a lot to find its value in my opinion.

i feel there is a lot of demand, people want to buy PM's with Cryptos.

thanks for offering us to pay in ixcoin.

Thanks! The reception has been really positive and the sales have been encouraging. Personally I think metals are going to bottom this summer. I think there are going to be some awesome buying opportunities even in the next month.

Surprisingly all my sales so far have been in BTC/LTC and a few in fiat. None of the alt cryptos communities seem to be interested in using as a payment. To me this seems a real shame, I was expecting a lot of push for promoting coins. It's no problem for me obviously, but an interesting observation I think.

Pop me a message if you are still interested when you've had a think Smiley

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
       ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
    █▓░   ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
Physical Coin Making Guide Book and eBook- Make your own physical crypto coins and wallets!
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
    ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
  █▓░     ░░▒▓█
█▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
        ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     █▓░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 11:25:56 AM

Can someone tell me why the iXcoin difficulty isn't keeping up with Bitcoin?

I've been watching it and there appears to be a different difficulty algo running for iXcoin which allows for a lower relative difficulty relative to its network hashrate.

Cause from everything I've read, iXcoin is exactly like Bitcoin except for the accelerated coin mining output.

Does anybody know what's going on?  If it is a different difficulty algo, how can that be and what exactly was changed, why and how clever or how difficult was that particular change in code?

Let's keep on mind, Thomas was very much an inept computer programmer, so any highly skilled change in the protocol would raise some kind of flags for me.

Thanks!

Bitcoin difficulty is different from IXC.  IXC use a difficulty algorithm that if I recall correctly is based on solidcoin.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
cinnamon_carter
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 02:57:03 AM

I will have to look over the original source of iX --- lots of mystery !

appears sha 256d similar to 'old' versions of bitcoin -- at least that is how it started

magic numbers were the same as bitcoin until a certain block which changing of which enabled the merged mining

bitcoin magic numbers

https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/blob/master/src/chainparams.cpp#L106

ix magic numbers

(original source code seems to have them to be changed here in main.cpp) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/blob/master/src/chainparams.cpp#L106

ix magic numbers in newer source (new dev team)

https://github.com/FrictionlessCoin/iXcoin/blob/master/src/main.cpp#L3023

difficulty adjustment  (comments reference solid coin) https://github.com/FrictionlessCoin/iXcoin/blob/master/src/main.cpp#L1226

i imagine almost no one is mining iX on their own so if the mining is coming from the merged mining of the huge pools with the heavy hash power anytime they submit work that is below the target to solve the block of bitcoin only then are they submitted to see if they are good enough to solve a block on one of the merged coins........ I realize most of you allready know this but see a few new people in here too who may not reallly understand what merged mining is and the benefits....... 

Can someone tell me why the iXcoin difficulty isn't keeping up with Bitcoin?

I've been watching it and there appears to be a different difficulty algo running for iXcoin which allows for a lower relative difficulty relative to its network hashrate.

Cause from everything I've read, iXcoin is exactly like Bitcoin except for the accelerated coin mining output.

Does anybody know what's going on?  If it is a different difficulty algo, how can that be and what exactly was changed, why and how clever or how difficult was that particular change in code?

Let's keep on mind, Thomas was very much an inept computer programmer, so any highly skilled change in the protocol would raise some kind of flags for me.

Thanks!

Bitcoin difficulty is different from IXC.  IXC use a difficulty algorithm that if I recall correctly is based on solidcoin.

Check out my coin Photon
Merge Mine 5 other Blake 256 coins - 6x your hash power  https://www.blakecoin.org/

The obvious choice is not always the best choice.

LOOK DEEPER - Look into the Blake 256 Family -- CC
cinnamon_carter
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 03:18:23 AM

Thanks guys , i will try to help out if i can

Thanks a lot to everyone who sent me coins

i compiled the source again , this windows qt wallet is with open ssl 1.0.1g , WITH upnp enabled  (some people prefer this, some don't)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/emqdbyxdeo4wwpa/iX_with_upnp_support_open_ssl_1.0.1g_win_qt_.7z

source here based on frictionless with minor changes , i forked to a repo on github https://github.com/photonproject/iXcoin

one thing, I have never concealed or asked anyone to 'hide' i am a woman but I was a frequent visitor to these forums for a long time and never joined until last september when I decided to get info development of coins.

I always viewed the forum here as a mans world which it remains to this day.....  as long as I don't have to show up for any conventions or give any talks I would be happy to help out anyway I can

For a long, (very long) time I owned some iX and had to keep them on vircurex since I could not ever get the wallet to work

I knew there had to be working wallets since the coin is being mined and people must be getting their coins sent around but I looked everywhere and could not find a working wallet for months (this was like a year ago into the fall)   

more recently I noticed Vlad on twitter and asked if he was the same person I saw in these forums and asked him about sending coins  how people were sending them ect.....

in short order he pointed me to the updated wallet and I finally (after a long time) got to get them off the exchange.......

(the funniest thing is the old non working client was based on an early version of bitcoin back when you could not even lock your wallet ......old indeed)

Cinnamons iX address xnmyQQbveWtk3xnQzchSjKVyG78jL1zePn

+11

I´ve got only a few hundred ixcoins, but i´ll sent some to cinnamon next days. I also pledge some coins for a new wallet (PASSWORD!!).

Check out my coin Photon
Merge Mine 5 other Blake 256 coins - 6x your hash power  https://www.blakecoin.org/

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 03:43:38 AM

Thanks cinnamon.

I should have been more accurate.  No, you never asked to not be named a woman.  Months ago when we first started talking about iXcoin [and Bitcointalk] and such, you mentioned to me that you don't post much and that when you do you prefer to not reveal that you're a woman.

As such, I took that to mean that you'd prefer if I didn't mention that but given this is rather involved there was no way to avoid it.  Besides, I think it's a good thing and I'm glad to see you never meant to hide the fact.

On a different note, I contacted Lamassu Inc., and their lead time for ATMs is 8 weeks.  The cost is $1,800 per ATM and we can set it up to dispense iXcoins as well as Bitcoins [and any other alts as well].

The press we would get from launching the first one would easily pay for the $1,800 out of pocket expense.

So if anyone here wants to donate to that project, please feel free to do so.

Regards

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
cinnamon_carter
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 04:30:22 AM

iX atm's !! 

impressive !!

Thanks cinnamon.

I should have been more accurate.  No, you never asked to not be named a woman.  Months ago when we first started talking about iXcoin [and Bitcointalk] and such, you mentioned to me that you don't post much and that when you do you prefer to not reveal that you're a woman.

As such, I took that to mean that you'd prefer if I didn't mention that but given this is rather involved there was no way to avoid it.  Besides, I think it's a good thing and I'm glad to see you never meant to hide the fact.

On a different note, I contacted Lamassu Inc., and their lead time for ATMs is 8 weeks.  The cost is $1,800 per ATM and we can set it up to dispense iXcoins as well as Bitcoins [and any other alts as well].

The press we would get from launching the first one would easily pay for the $1,800 out of pocket expense.

So if anyone here wants to donate to that project, please feel free to do so.

Regards

Check out my coin Photon

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 04:47:36 AM

Nobody will take us seriously without ATMs.  I mean, DogeCoin and now POTcoin have ATMs.

And I figure if we make it a MultiCoin ATM, to include the likes of Bitcoin, Doge, etc., we would surely make our money back.

But at $1,800 per ATM, our budget is a long way off from reality.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 06:04:45 PM

Where is this ATM going to be placed?
Is there any chance to get the economic  cooperation of the structure who is going to get it? For them it could be a cheap way to get free advertise.
We should make an announcement or something, and see if anyone accepts the offer.

Think big: a net of ATMs owned by a chain store.
It could be used by shops to convert discounts or gifts ( as part of their rewarding program ).
Customers will have the freedom to sell or convert their virtual reward in everything they want. They could check their balance from their smartphone.
E.g. They have received 1000 ixc, they can donate, transfer, convert them in everything they want. They can even send them to relatives in their native country.

I was thinking of what an advantage it would be later on to lock in say Walmart or Safeway or Albertsons.

That's how redbox and coinstar got big.

But I doubt they'll sign any contracts without a solid commitment and some sort of down payment.

Let's face it, without funding, there's no way we can get anything done.

If/when IXC gets to $1-$2 I would be able to provide a lot of dollar funding for projects like this.  Until then, it's just a wait and see game and coming up with good strategies will at least help us prepare for when we do get proper funding.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 06:44:59 PM

The new IXC logos we have are great for use on websites and print but we really need a 1 letter symbol for use as a currency symbol.

Anybody have any photoshop skills?

Where is the guy who came up with the IXC logo, is he still with us?

The job they did with the new logo was very impressive and it was done in a matter of days.

Let's choose a letter first, and work with that.

I think we have 2 options:  I and X.

Why X?  

Cause for some reason, all iXcoin wallets do NOT start with I, like one would expect, but rather with X.

So then, we could very well use either I or X as our currency symbol.

I already know where this is going but I'll leave it to the community to choose which letter we will use as our official currency symbol.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 10:50:10 PM

Here's the way it looks with a small i.

But then there's a bit of confusion, since all iXcoin wallets start with an X.

Another question for Thomas we'll never get an answer for.  Why use an X for the wallets given he chose the symbol i for the currency and the coin's name starts with an i as well.  i, i, but hey, let's use X for the wallet identifier.  Ahahaaa.

I think I know the answer but I won't share it yet.

So people will get used to the i then look for the wallet that starts with X?

Nothing about this coin is simple.

Can somebody manipulate this image to see how it would look with a double line, an = sign like all other currencies?  Thanks.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 10:55:28 PM

Found this on the internets.

Just to spark some ideas in case anyone wants to entertain using an X.

mmpool

Activity: 375
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 10:57:42 PM

The pool had an ixcoin crash today:

Code:
boost/smart_ptr/shared_ptr.hpp:412: typename boost::detail::shared_ptr_traits<T>::reference boost::shared_ptr< <template-parameter-1-1> >::operator*() const [with T = CAuxPow]: Assertion `px != 0' failed.  

This is with the latest client.

Same crash  happened again today. The pool might have to go back to the older client.

mmpool.org - BTC Pool - DGM - pays tx fees/vardiff/merge mining/tor
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 11:09:54 PM

The pool had an ixcoin crash today:

Code:
boost/smart_ptr/shared_ptr.hpp:412: typename boost::detail::shared_ptr_traits<T>::reference boost::shared_ptr< <template-parameter-1-1> >::operator*() const [with T = CAuxPow]: Assertion `px != 0' failed.  

This is with the latest client.

Same crash  happened again today. The pool might have to go back to the older client.

This is going to be a tough one to crack.  Looks like a garbage collection problem!

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
mmpool

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 11:36:16 PM

This is going to be a tough one to crack.  Looks like a garbage collection problem!
Last entry in the debug.log before the crash was:

Code:
received getdata for: filtered block 84f28f4a2bd6d77ee604f5cb3849c0b28e3338d5567ed5a4bdafab3e3fe9dfb8

The same 'filtered block' line (but different hash) in the last crash too. Perhaps something wrong with whatever filtered block handling is?

mmpool

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 11:48:02 PM

The same 'filtered block' line (but different hash) in the last crash too. Perhaps something wrong with whatever filtered block handling is?

CMerkleBlock is used for filtered nodes. It holds a CBlockHeader. This is assigned in CMerkleBlock::CMerkleBlock using GetBlockHeader. This function doesn't copy the auxpow field. This is possibly why the null pointer accessing auxpow occurs. Possible fix:

Code:
diff --git a/src/main.h b/src/main.h
index bd21fe9..1221a88 100644
--- a/src/main.h
+++ b/src/main.h
@@ -1411,6 +1411,7 @@ public:
         block.nTime          = nTime;
         block.nBits          = nBits;
         block.nNonce         = nNonce;
+        block.auxpow         = auxpow;
         return block;
     }

I'll put this test in production and see what happens.

FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 11:24:25 AM

CMerkleBlock is used for filtered nodes. It holds a CBlockHeader. This is assigned in CMerkleBlock::CMerkleBlock using GetBlockHeader. This function doesn't copy the auxpow field. This is possibly why the null pointer accessing auxpow occurs. Possible fix:

Code:
--- a/src/main.h
+++ b/src/main.h
         block.nTime          = nTime;
         block.nBits          = nBits;
         block.nNonce         = nNonce;
+        block.auxpow         = auxpow;
         return block;
     }

Thanks!  Keep us informed.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 02:38:51 PM

Code:
--- a/src/main.h
+++ b/src/main.h
         return block;
     }

Shout out to cinnamon, you are my hero. Grin  and would make an excellent addition to the board. I vote yes with a triple z snap ending over the shoulder.

I will donate to the person that adds in the counterparty code to ix. But only after it is added in.

It appears that friction wants 25k and already has 5k. If counterparty code goes in, then ix will easily be worth atleast $1. The gains alone will give you your remaining 20k easily friction. And you'll most likely STILL get a bounty.

And when ix goes to $1 we will all have more $ to give as tips. ie: let me give you some of my future profits, in the future

So, really it's a win win win win situation. You'll get the $ you ask for friction, but you'll also get all of the GLORY. Think about it...

Friction the mighty dev of counterparty ix, assured a place in crypto Valhalla.

Do it

Do it

Do it.

Please?? Pretty Please with a cherry on top!?

Let me sum up what is going on:
FrictionlessCoin offered to add Counterparty to iXcoin in exchange of 25k IXC.
So far FrictionlessCoin has received 5k IXC.
JohnnyBTCSeed has offered to donate ixc when the job is done (not clear if he meant the remaining 20k ixc)
In the meantime Cinnamon_Carter has added minor improvements to ixc wallet.
mmpool is straggling with errors generated by iXcoin client.

So, I wonder:
- Has FrictionlessCoin officially accepted the task to add Counterparty? If yes, have we a deadline? If no, is there anybody available to do it? (I hope FrictionlessCoin accepts the task)
- Is the update going to bring iXcoin to the same update 0.9.1 of Bitcoin?
- Is the Counterparty feature going to affect the compatibility of iXcoin with Bitcoin's future updates?
- Are these errors going to delay the addition of Counterparty feature on iXcoin?

In terms of priority, we need to fix this problem first.  

Have not started the CounterParty port yet.

Counterparty feature is only dependent on the OP_RETURN feature that has been crippled by Bitcoin devs.  That is why Counterparty price is sinking like a rock.

Yes,  we need to fix this.

Note:  Any new feature is dependent on the pools to accept the new client.  So I can add any new feature I want, but many of the features won't be enabled unless the pools accept the changes.

You know.... just occurred to me... it may be possible to add features without updating the clients that GHASH.IO uses...  need to do some research on this.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
JohnnyBTCSeed

Activity: 882

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 03:56:17 PM

Code:
--- a/src/main.h
+++ b/src/main.h
         return block;
     }

Shout out to cinnamon, you are my hero. Grin  and would make an excellent addition to the board. I vote yes with a triple z snap ending over the shoulder.

I will donate to the person that adds in the counterparty code to ix. But only after it is added in.

It appears that friction wants 25k and already has 5k. If counterparty code goes in, then ix will easily be worth atleast $1. The gains alone will give you your remaining 20k easily friction. And you'll most likely STILL get a bounty.

And when ix goes to $1 we will all have more $ to give as tips. ie: let me give you some of my future profits, in the future

So, really it's a win win win win situation. You'll get the $ you ask for friction, but you'll also get all of the GLORY. Think about it...

Friction the mighty dev of counterparty ix, assured a place in crypto Valhalla.

Do it

Do it

Do it.

Please?? Pretty Please with a cherry on top!?

Let me sum up what is going on:
FrictionlessCoin offered to add Counterparty to iXcoin in exchange of 25k IXC.
So far FrictionlessCoin has received 5k IXC.
JohnnyBTCSeed has offered to donate ixc when the job is done (not clear if he meant the remaining 20k ixc)
In the meantime Cinnamon_Carter has added minor improvements to ixc wallet.
mmpool is straggling with errors generated by iXcoin client.

So, I wonder:
- Has FrictionlessCoin officially accepted the task to add Counterparty? If yes, have we a deadline? If no, is there anybody available to do it? (I hope FrictionlessCoin accepts the task)
- Is the update going to bring iXcoin to the same update 0.9.1 of Bitcoin?
- Is the Counterparty feature going to affect the compatibility of iXcoin with Bitcoin's future updates?
- Are these errors going to delay the addition of Counterparty feature on iXcoin?

To Clarify. I am not rich, YET. I'm probably one of the poorer ix owners And never meant that I was going to fund the whole last 20k. In fact I didn't even know if the 20k bounty was Ix or dollars (which is it?). But as I stated before, I will pitch in, (donate) to this fund. How much?( i have no idea; how much is ix gonna go up?). But I'm sure others will join in to get friction or who ever the bounty. So yeah lets fucking make it happen.

Hey Thomas, what you got laying around? Don't hold out on me brother. lol

I guess my point was to bring more attention to these updates and get the conversation focused on iXcounterparty.

From a newbie point of view, in order to use counterparty features, would you rather obtain bitcoin, then use the bitcoin to obtain xcp in order to use the features, (which means that now you have to learn 2 systems)

or

would you rather obtain ix that you don't have to convert in order to use the features. (This is fucking huge, less education for the masses to use these features)

And if we wanted to put a cherry on top, make the decentralized marketplace with the decentralized escrow the first feature avail not the last.
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 04:00:22 PM

To Clarify. I am not rich, YET. I'm probably one of the poorer ix owners And never meant that I was going to fund the whole last 20k. In fact I didn't even know if the 20k bounty was Ix or dollars (which is it?). But as I stated before, I will pitch in, (donate) to this fund. How much?( i have no idea; how much is ix gonna go up?). But I'm sure others will join in to get friction or who ever the bounty. So yeah lets fucking make it happen.

Hey Thomas, what you got laying around? Don't hold out on me brother. lol

I guess my point was to bring more attention to these updates and get the conversation focused on iXcounterparty.

From a newbie point of view, in order to use counterparty features, would you rather obtain bitcoin, then use the bitcoin to obtain xcp in order to use the features, (which means that now you have to learn 2 systems)

or

would you rather obtain ix that you don't have to convert in order to use the features. (This is fucking huge, less education for the masses to use these features)

And if we wanted to put a cherry on top, make the decentralized marketplace with the decentralized escrow the first feature avail not the last.

Quotes are all in IXC.

Yeah, that's why this is so *fucking* cool! 

You get all these 2nd generation features, but you use the same coin.  No weird stuff like having to flip between counterparty coins and bitcoins.

You get all this on a platform that is secured by like 20 petahashes!   

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
JohnnyBTCSeed

Activity: 882

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 04:08:23 PM

With a counterparty system on ix, is it correct to say that it will increase transactions and number of transaction fees? Thus more money for the miners. So wouldn't they want this type of system? I seem to remember from the mastercoin thread that the general attitude was, our transactions are special so we have no problem paying the miners a little extra.

If that is the case then ix counterparty should be 'loved' by the miners
Pages: « 1 ... 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 [140] 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 ... 316 »
  Print  

Jump to: