Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 02:23:24 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 [134] 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 ... 316 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Ixcoin TODO  (Read 631710 times)
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2014, 07:06:02 AM

I notice so many new coins at the top at cryptsy, but I wonder why.

I tend to think its miners pumping the coins(correct me if I am wrong though)
miners with lots of money though.

At the same time, they are ignoring many of the older coins, ixcoin included.

Not completely.  Ever since that strange dump-and-pump on Vircurex and Cryptsy a couple of weeks ago, there's been an increased level of buying at relatively high prices.

That's correct.

I still can't figure out who would dump [or if they really did dump] 500,000 iXcoins, on Vircurex.

And then the whale on Cryptsy a week later - these 2 events brought a lot of attention to iXcoin and I also think, like I said back then, whales don't travel alone.

If a whale finally stumbled across our little pond and agree with what I've been talking about then it's very possible they're gonna bring friends, whale friends.

So in the next 30-60 days we could very well have some new very large holders with deep pockets who will then become more active in development.

Well, one can hope, right?  Ha!

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
nfigueir

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 01:46:05 PM

The 500,000 block trade you mention might have been someone buying their own coins from themselves? I don't know why someone would do that, but maybe?

i was thinking that too for a secound...but no one would do that.

i think its very realistic that there is a big ixcoin holder next to vlad that maybe owns more than 1 million of them...

anyway i like the name Internationall eXchange coin, only thing we need to fit the name is a market where you can buy precious metals with ixcoin  Grin

Like someone already mentioned here, we are assuming all users pay transaction fees in Vircurex (or any other exchange for that matter) while that many not be completely true.

Gulden NLG: GdQgmEN1ptPzKpnMmRw7pwAuPGiJZCZjHi    Europecoin  ERC: Edg1HCFSsVweehu35YeHXfURKXgEi7qnLm
ninjarobot

Activity: 761
Merit: 500

Mine Silent, Mine Deep

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 06:34:59 PM
Last edit: April 25, 2014, 10:35:13 PM by ninjarobot

iXcoin now at 40 Peta-Hash network [Security].

The distance [in network security] between iXcoin and 99% of the alts is getting ridiculous.

Yet [still] nobody sees this massive advantage yet.  People really are sheep eating up anything the Bitcoin "experts" throw at them.

iXcoin is getting a free ride due to merged mining. This is just a temporary advantage, since IXC will reach maturity in 2015 (All 21M coins mined) there will be no need for miners to continue doing this after next year (no reward, no work). As such they will likely drop IXC like a hot potato. Because there are not enough real transactions (fees) on the IXC network there is no incentive for anyone to keep the difficulty (and security) up. Unless something changes everything will fall apart.

The good news is that IXC is going through insane inflation right now (money supply is expanding much faster compared to bitcoin) and is still maintaining its value fairly well. After 2015 the only way to acquire IXC is to buy. It only makes sense to buy if the security of the network can be maintained so that is paramount to the survival of iXcoin. This deadline is approaching fast.

For IXC to survive I suggest that the model be changed to 5%/year PoS after the 21M PoW maturity point is reached in 2015.
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 06:37:06 PM

iXcoin now at 40 Peta-Hash network [Security].

The distance [in network security] between iXcoin and 99% of the alts is getting ridiculous.

Yet [still] nobody sees this massive advantage yet.  People really are sheep eating up anything the Bitcoin "experts" throw at them.

iXcoin is getting a free ride due to merged mining. This is just a temporary advantage, since IXC will reach maturity in 2015 (All 21M coins mined) there will be no need for miners to continue doing this after next year (no reward, no work). As such they will likely drop IXC like a hot potato. Because there are not enough real transactions on the IXC network there is no incentive for anyone to keep the difficulty (and security) up. Unless something changes everything will fall apart.

The good news is that IXC is going through insane inflation right now (money supply is expanding much faster compared to bitcoin) and is still maintaining its value fairly well. After 2015 the only way to acquire IXC is to buy. It only makes sense to buy if the security of the network can be maintained so that is paramount to the survival of iXcoin. This deadline is approaching fast.

For IXC to survive I suggest that the model be changed to 5%/year PoS after the 21M PoW maturity point is reached in 2015.

It will be very difficult to transform this to a PoS system.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2014, 11:42:11 PM
Last edit: April 26, 2014, 02:00:09 AM by Vlad2Vlad

Observation:  Someone keeps trying to knock the price of iXcoin down and then someone (our resident Whale?) Buys it back up, driving the price a lot higher.

Message to whoever is doing it: Let the manipulators drive the price under 8,000 Satoshi, which they'll do in a matter of a few days then you'll be able to buy cheaper since there appears to be regular daily sales by miners or mining pools.

I've gotten PM's from a few new members saying they'd like to buy a few thousand coins but are having a hard time.  Apparently they're blaming "my pumping".

So I will shut up about iXcoin taking over the planet and super duper hidden meanings (haha!) for the next 2 weeks so those new members who wanna buy can pick up cheaper coins from miners who don't seem to care about iXcoin.

Those [miners and pools] are the only sellers it seems, and maybe a few day traders, which means those who bought are not selling.  Given there's over 19 million coins outstanding now, that's pretty amazing.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2014, 11:47:19 PM

I'm not the tech expert here but I don't think it would be that hard to do a hard fork and implement a nominal inflation rate for iXcoin.

5% is too high, however.  We would put it up for vote if that bridge ever needs to be blown, but my suggestion is 1% to the most 3% yearly inflation.

Even at 1%, pools would keep mining iXcoin, just look at i0Coin for evidence.

And contrary to what the constantly wrong Bitcoin experts say, a deflationary model is bad, and just like inflation, destroys the middle class while enriching the already rich.

So even Bitcoin will eventually add inflation.  Well, it's fiat 2.0, it's gonna add massive inflation eventually.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2014, 02:02:50 AM

I turn my back and there he goes again:  iXcoin 50% price spike within minutes of my last post.

At least this time there's someone dumping a 19,000 block at 18,000 Satoshi.

Maybe he'll reach his goal and give it a rest...at least for a few days.

Pretty senseless, cause he could be buying at a much cheaper price.

kraizi

Activity: 204

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 06:13:03 PM

iXcoin is getting a free ride due to merged mining. This is just a temporary advantage, since IXC will reach maturity in 2015 (All 21M coins mined) there will be no need for miners to continue doing this after next year (no reward, no work). As such they will likely drop IXC like a hot potato. Because there are not enough real transactions (fees) on the IXC network there is no incentive for anyone to keep the difficulty (and security) up. Unless something changes everything will fall apart.

If anyone has a significant amount of ixcoin it could very well be the pool owners.  Afterall, they've been mining for years.  If so they will have a big incentive to continue mining after the block reward ends, even if it takes some time for transactions to pick up.  Otherwise they may be the ones left holding the bag if the hash rate and price crater into oblivion.  So I don't think we can assume pools will drop ixcoin immediately.  Having said that, the ixcoin community should make an effort to increase its adoption because we won't get a free ride forever.  Probably the best approach would be to simply ask the pools what their plans are. 

I'm not too kraizi about adding inflation since it devalues the currency.  If we did I like a fixed number of coins, like 1 IXC per block which is only .25% per year, but the percentage decreases every year since there are more total coins.  Anything over 1% is way too much.  That's on the scale of fiat inflation rates.  But inflation of any kind should be an absolute last resort.  Just my opinion. 

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2014, 07:58:35 PM

Krazi, you're not so krazi.

I agree, a nominal inflation would work fine and only as a last resort.

I will see what I can find out from the biggest merge mining pool, CEX.io, and they interest, if any, in iXcoin's future.

Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 08:45:37 PM

Vlad how many of these comments in the one hundred and forty pages are from you ?

I can't deal with anymore walls of text text that rival my own.. you have posted on Cryptsy chat last year lol
you have become a legend for proclaiming IXcoin would rule the world and overtake Bitcoin and as of last year
you said it would it be worth far more than Bitcoin by now ..uhh so it's not.. you were / are full shit making claims like that hahha
and i am hear to say I told you so ..you earned it Wink

PS: how often do you tell people that last year you bought 63 BTC worth of IXCoin ?

i bet you have circled jerked a hell of a lot of posts on this forum bouncing from account to account talking to your self etc lol
Mods post this guys account records for LOL's please

..bag holders propaganda  Roll Eyes

FUD first & ask questions later™
kraizi

Activity: 204

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 12:29:44 AM

I'm not the tech expert here but I don't think it would be that hard to do a hard fork and implement a nominal inflation rate for iXcoin.

5% is too high, however.  We would put it up for vote if that bridge ever needs to be blown, but my suggestion is 1% to the most 3% yearly inflation.

Even at 1%, pools would keep mining iXcoin, just look at i0Coin for evidence.

And contrary to what the constantly wrong Bitcoin experts say, a deflationary model is bad, and just like inflation, destroys the middle class while enriching the already rich.

So even Bitcoin will eventually add inflation.  Well, it's fiat 2.0, it's gonna add massive inflation eventually.

Inflation vs. deflation?  While it's true deflationary crashes of the past have been quite devastating, I think the situation is a bit different with cryptocurrencies.  Deflation was so bad, i.e. the Great Depression, because the currency being deflated was the national currency.  A citizen's entire net worth was tied to it.  Houses, gold, stocks, bonds, commodities, food and everything else collapsed in value.  Even loans had to be paid back in currency worth more than when they were taken out, making them hard to repay.  Only those who held the currency itself saw a rise in value, but even that wasn't a sure thing.  Banks failed en masse so you could still see your hard currency vanish despite it rising in value. 

The difference with holding cryptocurrencies is they are not the currency of your country, at least not yet.  Your house and other possesions are most likely going to be tied to a different currency.  So a deflationary crypto isn't as likely to hurt a county's population as a whole, and any bad affects will be greatly blunted.  Even if you had a crypto national currency, there will most likely be other easy to get "foreign" cryptos to spread your assets across.  I mean who would be kraizi enough to put all their investment into one crypto.  Haha.  Lol.  Just messing with you Vlad.  The days of one currency per country may soon be gone. 

Going forward I think it will be more and more rare to have a single national currency where every citizen is locked in for life.  Cryptos have brought huge possibilities for providing choices and will act as life rafts during future economic crises.  A deflationary currency in this scenario is a good thing, and will be a great value store which millions will seek out to invest.  With that in mind my opion is we need deflationary cryptos.  That's what i like about ixcoin.  The inflationary ones are just following the out going trend.  Inflationary currences will ultimately devalue themselves into oblivion.  Just look at all the fiat currencies that have done so over the last 100 years, and there are many more to come.  Cryptos are not immune to this either.   It's so easy to just increase the max coin cap, and those who can resist will stand out in the croud and be rewarded.  I hope we can keep ixcoin true to its beginnings. Just my opinion.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2014, 03:17:52 AM

Vlad how many of these comments in the one hundred and forty pages are from you ?

I can't deal with anymore walls of text text that rival my own.. you have posted on Cryptsy chat last year lol
you have become a legend for proclaiming IXcoin would rule the world and overtake Bitcoin and as of last year
you said it would it be worth far more than Bitcoin by now ..uhh so it's not.. you were / are full shit making claims like that hahha
and i am hear to say I told you so ..you earned it Wink

PS: how often do you tell people that last year you bought 63 BTC worth of IXCoin ?

i bet you have circled jerked a hell of a lot of posts on this forum bouncing from account to account talking to your self etc lol
Mods post this guys account records for LOL's please

..bag holders propaganda  Roll Eyes

MODS,

You have my written permission to post any sock puppets and account records of mine.

Now, muppet. Last year when I first realized IXC would get the one big competitor to BTC I did say IXC would overtake BTC within months but within 1 or 2 days when I felt China and Wall Street were secretly accumulating Bitcoin I updated my prediction (since you know, it's not in stone) and I said it will be a multi year battle.

I have been very consistent in my predictions and I corrected myself immediately last year and other than that self correction the only thing I've been wrong about was my timeline which was extremely aggressive and very exact.

Given the many impossible predictions I have made and given I was a total newbie who didn't even know what a blockchain was just 10 months ago, my prediction track record is nothing short of staggeringly accurate.

As for you, you were a jealous hater on anyone trying to make honest money last year and you're still the same.  This is why you lack understanding and have no vision.

And the fact you think this thread and others are mostly me conversing with my other sock puppets shows that you're also a distrusting person which from my experience means you're probably a liar and a fraud.

Besides the sock puppet I've already posted (IXC2XIC) and one alias which belongs to a friend which I used to post a few times I own no other screen name on this forum and nor have I posted using any other alias.

Like I said, any MODS here have my written permission to post any of my supposed sock puppet accounts, I have been upfront and honest about everything some day one and I have nothing to hide.

But you can't stop but hate while burning with envy and jealousy.  I feel for you and I hope you come around for your own good.

Take care and good luck to you.

mastermm

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 04:58:01 AM

It's clear that Ixcoin will be a coin for the long term.
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2014, 05:15:03 AM

Another new iXcoin investor. 

Why do you say that?

Welcome to the  F U T U R E.

allwelder
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 08:04:41 AM

Another new iXcoin investor. 

Why do you say that?

Welcome to the  F U T U R E.
how to get ixcoin?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2014, 09:21:26 AM

I said last year the winner between IXC and XBT will be known as xCoin.

So then I imagine they'll call it a very simple and globally recognized (even by illiterate people)

xEnt or xCent, xMil, xBil,

Or reversed:  centX, milX, BilX, etc.

Nice thing about X is that it easily fits in so many ways.

That's part of why I think xCoin will become a household name.

That's a ways out and it's a big speculative stretch but I can see it.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2014, 09:25:23 AM

Hey does anybody know what's going on with Gavin?

I mean he gave up the number 1 job at he most disruptive tech in the world to do what, feed the fish?

Makes no sense.  Maybe he wants to work on Bitcoin 2.0 (iXcoin) - since we're still living the decentralized bank-free, no politics dream.

I know he's dreaming about me, err, iXcoin at night.

Come on over, Gavin, the  F U T U R E  is fine.

Hannah faeos

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 01:21:32 PM

Vlad2Vlad

Can you look at this statistics page:  http://www.ixcoin.co/?page_id=80

and start writing some text as to the meaning and significance of each chart?

Use your economist training.

Thanks. Wink
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2014, 07:13:50 PM

how to get ixcoin?

Best is Cryptsy in my opinion. You need to have a little bit patience since buy and sell walls are hidden most of the time. place your order and somone will dump into it. or wait until somone wants to push the market down with a "bigger" 5-20k wall, this happens sometimes.

lol, seems like i had bad luck or there is a if bet >=100 then lose hardcoded  Grin

i told myself to never gamble again..  Roll Eyes

I've noticed hidden buy and sell walls on Cryptsy too.

Anybody know how or why this is possible?

Thanks!

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2014, 07:16:03 PM

by the way, who is responsible for the website?
any way we can help by providing content?

i think its pretty confusing..i count 3 different webpages with 3 different designs.

whats the real one?

I originally thought we were gonna go with the best website, which is clearly Luke's.

I mean, we all voted on it and Luke's site won.

So why haven't friction and Thomas updated?

It is very confusing and why keep inferior websites up when we have a top notch site ready to go???

Pages: « 1 ... 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 [134] 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 ... 316 »
  Print  

Jump to: