Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 01:59:46 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 [132] 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 ... 316 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Ixcoin TODO  (Read 631710 times)
Cryptofun2.0

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 11:07:37 PM

What is this Ixcoin? Cheesy
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2014, 11:30:33 PM

Hi Vlad,
Thanks for the honour. I am going to accept it as a temporary assignment, as long as someone more qualified, competent or with greater motivation (big holder) will step forward.

Anyway, my message was initially about something else

Do you know this?
https://comkort.com/vote

I didn't know about its existence, while iXcoin is already 12 out of 116 listed coins. I am wondering where all these votes are coming from. It seems this community is not so small after all.

Comkort is new to me as well.

No, our community is very, very small, I'm certain about that; just look at the votes we got on tricenda over a 2 month period.  A total of 12 unique voters.

I'm certain ShitCoin has a bigger community - once again serving its purpose via its trademarked:  SHT-Yard Stick.  Haha, funny but very true.

That's about what I expected actually - Mission Accomplished, someone went through great [and very clever] trouble to give iXcoin a bad image.  

But only superficially - a bad image which could [later] be easily fixed and improved with one single move:  Like coming out of nowhere with a supposed scam premine and paying off all bounties; a move nobody expected.

And WHAM, just like that, iXcoin's image is perfect, not a single blemish or flaw anyone can point to, but before this one move, it sure was enough to keep away 99.999% of crypto investors, and that .001% was just one guy:  ME, a guy who managed somehow to think for himself [while being constantly attacked and insulted and called insane] and the couple dozen or so people who [halfway] believed [the crazy things] I was seeing in this coin.

So indeed, where are all these votes coming from, again and again?  Not a single person is coming out to admit or support this coin or even to admit they bought that 500,000 iXcoins off Vircurex.  Why, why so much constant secrecy with this coin?  

I've never seen this level of secrecy even with Bitcoin.

Well, I'll say what I kept saying all last year just to be called crazy:  There are special interests (most likely Large Banks and Hedge Funds) behind the scenes taking large positions in IXC.

Why do I keep saying this?

It's basic Finance.  

Because if Bitcoin's Payment System is worth billions [or Hundreds of Billions] then why would iXcoin's payment system, which is identical to Bitcoin's [only better cause it's more liquid and has no horrible image problems] be worth only $1 million.

So either Bitcoin's Payment system [its core technology] is worthless and all the experts are lying or iXcoin is also incredibly valuable but nobody sees it cause they've been brainwashed by idiots like Andreas Antonopoulos and other "experts" to look for the wrong thing:  Features, when trying to find Bitcoin 2.0, which is a ridiculous and absurd thing to teach newbies and investors, given there are no competitive advantages for features, in an open source Eco-System.

But foolish people like Andreas did a great job in that they kept the masses from ever finding [the real and next] Bitcoin 2.0, and this allowed for a very wide and deep distribution curve which is yet one more advantage for iXcoin.  

And of course, it allowed me to buy up tons of iXcoin even though I was shouting from the rooftops about my findings from day one.

Like I said last year, eventually people with minds of investors [instead of techies] will look at IXC and see what I see, that Bitcoin 2.0 is here, it has been tested for over 3 years and has proved to be flawless in that it never died, even when left alone with no support and no code updates whatsoever for over 2 years straight, a feat no other coin has ever accomplished and yet one more advantage only iXcoin can claim.

If my theory is correct then I predict we will see real support [via PRs and a Media Blitz] leading to a much higher price later this year.

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2014, 11:31:15 PM

What is this Ixcoin? Cheesy

I have no idea what you're trying to ask.

Can you rephrase the question?

schnötzel
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1041

Bitcoin is a bit**

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 11:33:45 PM

@ vlad

1) The Ixcoin Foundation itself
2) Nominated people

btw:
If i can supprt you, feel free to ask.

ps: thanks for the riddle!
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2014, 11:38:50 PM

DeadSea33,

I accept your temporary board seat assignment and we will see if we find anyone as you suggest to replace you.

I was given a great idea to approach someone from inside CEX.io and to suggest that they take one of the board seats.

That would be a great idea since it would eliminate the biggest [and arguably, the only] short term risk to iXcoin.  Once the coin subsidy stops on September of this year there is the risk miners will stop mining IXC which would not only make iXcoin as unsecured as other CrapCoin (ie. Litecoin, DogeCoin, etc.,) but could also mean it will be the death and end of iXcoin.

I have been informed that CEX.io may want to continue mining iXcoin after the coin subsidy runs out but to ensure this happens and to remove this massive potienal risk to iXcoin, it may be a good idea to award one of the iXcoin Foundation Board seats to a CEX.io insider.

I will keep everyone informed and I will not make a final decision until I get feedback from everyone here.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2014, 11:50:29 PM

Important Note to Everyone:

I am actively involved with a potentially massively beneficial group of individuals [regarding iXcoin) behind the scenes but I can NOT yet publicly share any details.

The reason is that it is not yet set in stone and if I come out now it will surely drive the price of iXcoin much higher and if this deal ends up falling through [which a very real possibility] then I will surely be labeled a scamming pump and dumper, and rightfully so.

Therefore, I just wanna let people know that besides my personal theories of what could be happening behind the scenes, there is NOW something [very real] going on and [IF this deal comes to fruition] it could be the biggest potential catalyst any alt coin can possibly get.

And also, this behind the scenes deal I'm referring to, if it does happen, won't happen for another 6-12 months, so don't expect something imminent.

But like I said, it is not set in stone yet and I am doing my best to make it happen so don't put money on iXcoin on any rumors you may be hearing - accumulate iXcoin slowly so you do not overpay and think longer term (12-24 months) do not invest money you cannot afford to lose and do NOT go all-in any one coin, but rather diversify to increase your odds of finding the next Bitcoin and to also minimize your risk exposure.

Good luck to everyone!

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2014, 02:06:28 AM

I'm starting to get PM's fishing for hints.

I will not say anything more than what I've put out here.

Just know that the behind the scenes deal I'm working on will:

A) Take time - 6-12 months, and perhaps a bit more.

B) Is NOT a guarantee.  This deal can fall through anytime.

C) And I am doing all I can to make it happen. I will work as many hours as needed and I have already offered to work for free; well, I asked for $7.77 [Total Payment] to be exact, but that's pretty much Free.  Haha.

If one looks at the crazy things I said [last year] would happen to IXC this year, you'll have a good idea of what's really beginning to happen behind the scenes.

Other than that, just treat iXcoin the same; long-term potential and not just another quick, pump and dump short-term profit CrapCoin.

Basically:  If you believed in iXcoin for the long-term before now you have good reason to feel more comfortable with that decision.  Still LOTS of risk in iXcoin, just like any other Crypto so buy only as much as you're willing to lose.

I'm willing to lose everything, but it won't be the first time for me and I do NOT recommend that anyone else try this at home:  I am a professional Risk Taker and all my Risk is taken on a closed course---where I'm the only one dodging pots, pans and grandma's fine [made in China] china.  Haha!

Godspeed!

mmm01
Legendary

Activity: 973
Merit: 1053

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 05:48:14 AM

DeadSea33,

I accept your temporary board seat assignment and we will see if we find anyone as you suggest to replace you.

I was given a great idea to approach someone from inside CEX.io and to suggest that they take one of the board seats.

That would be a great idea since it would eliminate the biggest [and arguably, the only] short term risk to iXcoin.  Once the coin subsidy stops on September of this year there is the risk miners will stop mining IXC which would not only make iXcoin as unsecured as other CrapCoin (ie. Litecoin, DogeCoin, etc.,) but could also mean it will be the death and end of iXcoin.

I have been informed that CEX.io may want to continue mining iXcoin after the coin subsidy runs out but to ensure this happens and to remove this massive potienal risk to iXcoin, it may be a good idea to award one of the iXcoin Foundation Board seats to a CEX.io insider.

I will keep everyone informed and I will not make a final decision until I get feedback from everyone here.

I'm all for this idea since we need to have some idea on what happens after all the coins get mined.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 12:47:50 PM

did you guys re-name it to Vlad coin yet ?

never mind he was the one that posted it LOL

i don't buy his pretending to be a Japanese guy routine hahhaa

FUD first & ask questions later™
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2014, 11:41:41 PM
Last edit: April 21, 2014, 11:53:36 PM by Vlad2Vlad

did you guys re-name it to Vlad coin yet ?

never mind he was the one that posted it LOL

i don't buy his pretending to be a Japanese guy routine hahhaa

VladCoin!

BRILLIANT
!  Haha!

*[I own VladCoin.com so I can launch it as a gift for my dad if I ever get the money.]

Lol, what do you mean I posted it?  I fought to keep the name iXcoin.

And what do you mean I'm pretending to be Japanese?  You think I'm Thomas or Thomas' puppet master?  Haha!

In may last year I first heard if Bitcoin and I didn't even know what a BlockChain was.  Read the massive Nuggets thread - do you think anyone could pull off such an elaborate scheme?

Seriously, stop hating and get on-board.  Just buy $100 worth of iXcoin and forget you have it.  

Spoetnik, to show I'm mean you well, if you buy $100 worth of iXcoin, I will guarantee it for you.  So if you lose that $100 I will pay you back, just promise to hold IXC for just 12 months from today.

Given you've done nothing but mock and attack me I think this is a generous offer.

I hope you put your personal feelings aside, the way I just did, and take the offer.

Godspeed!

Edit:  I have posted numerous pics of myself when people were calling me a scamming pumper and clearly, I am not Japanese.  So I really don't know why you'd say I'm pretending to be Japanese. Thomas Nasakioto is an anonymous dev [just like Satoshi Nakamoto] and not I nor anyone else knows his real identity.

This is the truth.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2014, 11:46:21 PM

I think ixc community needs a 0.9.1 wallet.

Agreed. Is Frictionless interested in doing this?

Hi Nasakioto,
Just to close the issue about the pre mined coins once and for all, I would like to see public how they have been used over the years to support ixc development (approximate date, quantity and beneficiary of every bounty), remaining coins, future plans on how use them.

Something like that:

Date     Quantity   Purpose  Beneficiary
.....       .........       ........    ........

Remaining coins:

Planned use of remaining coins:

Quantity     Purpose
.......        ...........

In all fairness I don't think I would keep such detailed records.  Remember, 3 years ago these coins were more like a game; nothing like what we have now so I don't think anyone thought you would someday need to justify every penny you spent on bounties. 

I paid bounties on NUGGETS and ShitCoin and I never kept track.

If Thomas did then that would be great but if he didn't I would be happy to get a running balance of the bounty money so we know what we have to work with so we can start allotting bounties for specific code updates, like what Friction has in mind.

Thomas, please let us know.  Thanks!

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2014, 02:05:30 AM

I'm gonna reserve a Foundation Board Seat for Mihai Alisie.

Mihai Alisie is the founder of Bitcoin Magazine and Ethereum [among other great projects].

At the moment he has declined my offer but I think I can twist his arm.  Haha!

He would be an incredibly valuable addition to the board so hopefully I can get him to change his mind.

JohnnyBTCSeed

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 04:41:12 PM

iXcoin should use a marketing phrase such as "economist backed coin", I'm assuming you're a rock-star economist, though I don't know really anything about you Vlad.

This is just a random suggestion for board seats, and I was always told that the only stupid questions are the ones un-asked, but if you are thinking about adding in counterparty/ colored coin style features then why not get some of those guys.

Miner Nominations:
Master miner and security expert :BitcoinEXpress

Dev Nominations:
Dev From counterparty: Robby
Dev From mastercoin: JR
Dev From bitshares: bytemaster
Dev From Nxt: comefrombeyond
From Nxt and ciyam: ciyam
Dev From Dogecoin: Jackson Palmer
From colored coins-?

Political Nominations:
Ron Paul
Raj Date,   http://www.coindesk.com/former-us-consumer-finance-watchdog-voices-supports-for-bitcoin/
Narayana Kocherlakota  http://www.coindesk.com/us-federal-reserve-official-says-hes-interested-bitcoin-technology/
William Quigley  http://www.coindesk.com/potential-mt-gox-buyer-exchange-important-role-bitcoins-future/
Chamath Palihapitiya http://www.coindesk.com/chamath-palihapitiya-predicts-7-3-million-wallet-downloads-in-2014/
Barry Silbert http://www.coindesk.com/barry-silbert-reveals-bitcoin-investment-trust-holds-100000-bitcoins/
Bill Miller http://www.coindesk.com/legg-masons-bill-miller-buffett-wrong-bitcoin/

Extra:
Nick Szabo
Stephen Colbert
Max Keiser
Chad Johnson http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoins-latest-fan-nfl-star-chad-ochocinco-johnson/
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2014, 08:36:54 PM

JohnnyBTC,

Thanks for your list of nominees, definitely something considering.

I am not a rock star economist [haha, thanks though] and maybe that's a good thing cause all the Roubinis of the world are still laughing at crypto currencies as a scam and a Ponzi scheme.  Eventually they will see the potential, I have no doubt.  Like most over-educated people, their education greatly overpowers their imagination which is crucial in trying to imagine what's at play here.

I do have a BS in economics but my banking background is in the mortgage industry.  It's not what I would have loved to do but when you have mortgage payments you take anything you can get, especially in a state with few real banking jobs.

As for bringing in colored coins or counterparty coin devs, I see that as a conflict of interest. They have their own coins and they would become insiders with voting power for a competing coin?  I could not trust their judgement to be totally unbiased.

And like I said from day one:  Features are meaningless in an open source Eco-System; we can take all that new innovation and easily implement it on top of iXcoin's protocol without the need to bring in outsiders from competing coins.

But I do like some of your other suggestions - it would be good to bring in some higher profile individuals with good reputations [I'm not sure we'll get the likes of Ron Paul of Barry Silbert but I have no problem with asking as I've already tweeted plenty of billionaires and CEOs about iXcoin].  Right now we'll collect nominee names and then we'll see which ones shareholders prefer.

Thanks for your input.

kraizi

Activity: 204
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 05:26:29 AM

iXcoin Dice!

Use iXcoin to play dice at http://ixc.altdice.net/
Enjoy!

Each bet produces two transactions in the blockchain.  One for the initial bet and another for the payout, even if you loose. Payouts are automatically sent back to your wallet.  altdice is great for increasing iXcoin transactions.  

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2014, 05:30:11 AM

iXcoin Dice!

Use iXcoin to play dice at http://ixc.altdice.net/
Enjoy!

Each bet produces two transactions in the blockchain.  One for the initial bet and another for the payout, even if you loose.  Payouts are automatically sent back to your wallet.  altdice is great for increasing iXcoin transactions.  

I don't gamble but any services which promote using iXcoin is a good thing for the long term value of iXcoin.

Thanks for adding iXcoin.

FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 10:36:01 AM

I read about many implementations to make ixcoin more attractive.

The more I reason on it, the more I conclude we are 'fighting' the other coins where there is no reason to do it.

We have to face the reality, which is:

- the future will be dominated by 10-20 main coins, other 100 minor coins, polluted with more then a thousand almost worthless coins.

Our goal? According to FrictionlessCoin is to increment the use, Luke talks about remittance, Nasakioto offers bounties for further developments.

Now, let's project us two years forward, what do we need? What do people need?

1 - They must be free of not rely on any online exchange;*
2 - They must be free to make transactions from their electronic device;
3 - Semplicity is the key to attract people;
4 - Security is the way to convince them;*
5 - Flexibility is an important factor too;
6 - Privacy will become a necessity*.

*= Think about people with BTC stuck/lost on MtGox

How can we achieve it?

Simple, concentrating the efforts on this: a fast, super-simple, super-secure multi-currency client for pc and mobile devices.

The advantage? People like FrictionlessCoin could start the project, asking to various communities to donate with the promise to have their coin on the multi-wallet.

The result will be a tool in the hands of any customer, very easy and secure, supported by several communities, used to for online purchase or remittance.
A multiwallet will probably tend to 'level' all the coins to similar values (maybe proportionally to cap of each coin), but it will encourage an easy circulation of coins.

Coul it be a multiwallet without all the blockchain, in other words taking advantage of online blockchains repositories to syncronize each wallet? Could it be possibile to create a sort of ebay on it, having the chance to  easily exchange and send  several coins?

Can this idea become a realty? If you think there is already a solid project on this, can IXC be added to it?

Please, express yourself.

Multiwallets technically already exists in the form of exchanges.  That's what most people use.  In fact, I would say that most IXC holders use an exchange to hold their coins.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
JohnnyBTCSeed

Activity: 882

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 02:46:53 PM

I think mastercoin and nxt are attempting to tackle problems such as the multi-wallet.

Vlad has made mention a few times that features aren't the main thing to focus on. So following that train of thought, maybe ixcoin just makes itself friendly to these types of systems and third parties can then build the functionality. I believe that counterparty and mastercoin wanted to make use of an 80 byte op_return feature but bitcoin devs only gave around 40? bytes. Maybe if we take a few suggestions from these folks then they can build the advanced features. Give them their 80 bytes... Shocked

It could be called MasterParty....   Cool

Anyone know if there is a paper wallet for ixcoin? or a list of current services?

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2014, 08:32:15 PM

iXcoin was a testbed for the raw Bitcoin protocol:  What would happen if you left it untouched for nearly the entire duration of its mining life.

iXcoin proved that it did not need any maintenance or updates to survive and that it's bullet proof, it can take any amount of hash-power thrown at it.  If you look at how easily other coins break or die, this is a rare and difficult feat.  

For that reason IXC doesn't have much in terms of features and services.  I think features and services can be easily added over time whereas no other coin can say they have the tested technology like iXcoin.

iXcoin is Bitcoin - tested and true, but with more liquidity and no image problems.  

iXcoin is now ready to be implemented as the world's premiere payment system:  Anything Bitcoin can do, iXcoin can do as well [or better].

FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 09:22:59 PM

Did not realize that Counterparty is now screwed because Bitcoin developers don't want to play ball with them:

http://www.coindesk.com/developers-battle-bitcoin-block-chain/

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Pages: « 1 ... 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 [132] 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 ... 316 »
  Print  

Jump to: