Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 06:25:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 [165] 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 ... 316 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Ixcoin TODO  (Read 631710 times)
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 03:16:01 PM

This is also the place (I think) Friction has planned the new fee I talked earlier. Instead of having these "self escrows" or whatever, it would be required that an amout of IXCs needs to be transfered to a certain address (this is the "Mastercoin way"), i.e. "the Foundation fee". IMO, that's a good idea, but I wish he would discuss the fee amounts etc here instead of just putting whatever pleases him. IMO, the fees should be rather small (to encourage the use of IXC CP) and also rather simple (to prevent complications in the long term). My preferered way would be to have the amount send to Foundation to be exactly the same amount as paid to miners regardless of the CP action. This would be very easy to check from the implementation point of view (so easy that it could be easily implemented as native if needed) needing no adjustments in the future, and IMO it is also fair ("half to miners, half to the Foundation"). Also from the users's perspective, it would not be too expensive (double of making a normal IXC transfer).

I like it.  The fees you propose aren't excessive so they shouldn't be a turn off to users.  We really need some regular income coming into the foundation so we can make steady progress rather than waiting for donations.  This is only a modest amount but as CP is used more and IXC prices increase the revenue stream will increase.

Certain fees can only be acquired by the miners.   

I'll have to document which operations can have fees sent to the foundation.

Anyway, the way I like this to work is the foundation takes the additional role of validating legitimacy of assets and feeds.   So fees paid to the foundation should go to the people who are validating these.

Hmmm.... I kind of like this idea that different kinds of services have different kinds of fees that go to different parties.

So a fee is paid to create a new asset, but this fee is paid to someone who audits the asset.

A fee is paid to someone who creates a new feed, but the fee is paid to the auditor of the fee.

A fee is paid to exchange assets,  the fee is typically paid to the exchange that processes the fee.   

So what happens is all cases is that there is competition to handle each kind of operation.

The more reputable auditor gets more fees.  The faster exchange gets more fees.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2014, 07:59:55 PM

Other suggestions for the development of IXCoin:

1) I think there should be centralized (the official) place for all IXCoin related source codes in the GitHub where the developemnt would take place.
2) When the IXC client is now updated (this is urgent to get the OP_RETURN (and thereby CP) working), I think we should also make the miners fee mandatory as in the bitcoin client.

Would it be beneficial to raise the 80-byte limit?

Bitcoin cut it to 40 bytes so anything we can do to make it even better would be a very good trend for IXC to set.

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2014, 08:06:02 PM

This is important, let's get some input:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=369142.msg7145777;topicseen#msg7145777

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2014, 09:11:24 PM

JohnnyBTCseed,

Brock is a risky bet but we're in that risky, do-or-die phase so I'm hitting up anyone with a name or the money to help, and Brock has both.

Regarding the pedophile thing...the alleged victim was like some 16 or 17 year old dude.  Ok, that's still bad and illegal but the man has never even been charged with any crime and for some reason I don't think of 16 year old young men getting touched as child pedophelia.  

More like "Chicken-Dinner".  Haha!

If you read up on it, these guys partied with these rich Hollywood guys and years later decided they might have been touched inappropriately.

It stinks of extortion to me.  But Brock is a hands on total takeover kind of guy, and that's the real risk.

For now there's no worries, Brock Pierce has plenty on his plate.  I simply talked to him a bit about what's going on in case he wasn't aware if some things.

kraizi

Activity: 204
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 02:35:30 AM

We really need some regular income coming into the foundation so we can make steady progress rather than waiting for donations.  This is only a modest amount but as CP is used more and IXC prices increase the revenue stream will increase.

Just thinking out loud, but if we had the funds we could do...

-Website/forum maintenance
-Core client development
-Native IXC escrow
-Add more financial platforms
-Phone apps
-ATM's
-Online IXC stores
-Marketing / advertising
kraizi

Activity: 204

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 02:46:14 AM

We should have some rules for how foundation funds are handled, which will reduce conflicts of interest.  The only thing worse than not having funds is misusing them in the public eye.  Here are some of my thoughts. I know some have already been discussed.

1.  Incoming revenue and outgoing payments are documented publicly.
2.  Outgoing payments are signed by 3 foundation members.
3.  Recipients of payments can't be one of the 3 signers.
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2014, 03:23:09 AM

We should have some rules for how foundation funds are handled, which will reduce conflicts of interest.  The only thing worse than not having funds is misusing them in the public eye.  Here are some of my thoughts. I know some have already been discussed.

1.  Incoming revenue and outgoing payments are documented publicly.
2.  Outgoing payments are signed by 3 foundation members.
3.  Recipients of payments can't be one of the 3 signers.

My exact thoughts.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2014, 04:44:56 PM

whats up with the price? who are those people selling below 10k? miners? people holding the coin since the last low ? panic people selling at a loss from the cex.io launch?

i think this will soon be over, as we could see in the past, not a lot of people are willing to sell at this low prices.

cryptsy orderbook to 14k is still pretty empty, only on cex.io people sell lower.
wish i had the money to take this bite on cex, maybe 50k coins up to 14k satoshi Grin

anyway, its hard to see us leave our solid price floor we stayed for long time now, but i am confident it will go up again soon enough.

It could be the Bitcoin effect:  people selling alts to get into Bitcoin as it prepares to take off.  The same thing happened last year.  It looked immune this year, thus far, but now it's looking like it's gonna take a hit.

I too wish I had the money to buy this low. 

Bitcoin should pop very soon and that should take all the alts with it.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2014, 11:26:21 PM

please vote guys.

https://www.mintpal.com/voting

as always, we are close to the top Cool

It seems the halving of iXcoin reward, the code update, and maybe iXcoin on Mintpal are going to happen all close to the end of June. It looks like this summer is gonna be a lot of fun for this community.

Mintpal is pumper central.  That could get the price a lot higher but it would only be temporary.

That may not look good for IXC but it would really improve the volume/liquidity.  For about a week+ now I've tried to help make a market for IXC and I'm not very good at it.

I've slowly sold off over 40,000 IXC (under 10,000 Satoshi) thinking I'll help create liquidity while allowing others to buy IXC and then I would just turn around and buy my coins back.

Well it hasn't worked out for me.  That bot buys up everything and I've been too busy to watch the market so there's without real volume, no sellers selling at these lower prices I am not able to rebuy coins.  As it turned out I needed the money so I guess I would have had to sell the coins anyway, better to have done it slowly than to dump it.

So a lot of the sales under 10,000 have been me trying to help out Mark and Friction by creating some liquidity but I'm losing my coins doing this so I'm not sure how much longer I can do it.

So maybe mintpal and pumpers will give us the short-term liquidity we need.  And eventually hopefully CEX and one of the big money investors I've been taking to will decide to actively promote iXcoin.

RobFordWotWot

Activity: 280

time

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 12:26:19 AM

24/7 pizza party

Horses in midstream.
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2014, 07:15:42 PM

Wow, that's a lot of volume and the price isn't moving. 

Someone is playing with himself [again].

mobile

Activity: 400

the sun is shining, but the ice is still slippery

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 06:16:38 PM

What was up today on cryptsy? crazy patterns and a lot of volume..was somone here?

I am not sure but we can say...cheap coinage.

MOAR IxCoin ........num num num!

1MoBi1eNbqh8QMuvtZjYzQGV8NEckJJYcT rep|GnuPG <3 CLAM <3
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2014, 11:46:29 PM

Hey guys, we've got multiple potential currency symbols on the other thread, can I get some votes going?

Here's the latest one.  Any tweaks anybody would like to see to this one of any of the other ones, please feel free to say so. 

Regards.

http://cdn.imghack.se/images/e58b3ad3d34076ba44bb7b7e4edabb8f.png
[/quote]

Whoisthelorax

Activity: 370
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 01:00:26 AM

whats up with the price? who are those people selling below 10k? miners? people holding the coin since the last low ? panic people selling at a loss from the cex.io launch?

i think this will soon be over, as we could see in the past, not a lot of people are willing to sell at this low prices.

cryptsy orderbook to 14k is still pretty empty, only on cex.io people sell lower.
wish i had the money to take this bite on cex, maybe 50k coins up to 14k satoshi Grin

anyway, its hard to see us leave our solid price floor we stayed for long time now, but i am confident it will go up again soon enough.

It could be the Bitcoin effect:  people selling alts to get into Bitcoin as it prepares to take off.  The same thing happened last year.  It looked immune this year, thus far, but now it's looking like it's gonna take a hit.

Bitcoin has been popping for a month and it hasn't been taking all the alts with it, particularly the first wave of alts. Look at PPC, XPM, FTC, LTC, NMC, DOGE, etc. All trending down. Some with a couple weak attempts upward and then immediate reversal down.

http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=the_first_wave_of_alt_coins_are_dying
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2014, 01:57:31 AM

It could be the Bitcoin effect:  people selling alts to get into Bitcoin as it prepares to take off.  The same thing happened last year.  It looked immune this year, thus far, but now it's looking like it's gonna take a hit.

Bitcoin has been popping for a month and it hasn't been taking all the alts with it, particularly the first wave of alts. Look at PPC, XPM, FTC, LTC, NMC, DOGE, etc. All trending down. Some with a couple weak attempts upward and then immediate reversal down.

http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=the_first_wave_of_alt_coins_are_dying

Bitcoin has been trending higher.  It has been relatively gradual and it has stopped after every increase to consolidate.  To me this is not popping.

And this is why all these alts have been sold off, people see Bitcoin is gonna take off so people are selling their alts to buy BTC.  AFTER Bitcoin breaks out above ~$1,200, that's when you'll see the action reverse as people take profits and look for cheap alts which haven't had a run yet.

This, combined with the mass media attention, will bring in many new people and many millions of dollars will rush into alt coins.

So accumulate the most sold off alts until that Bitcoin Pop comes and I think one can make much more than investing in Bitcoin alone. 

This is a risky strategy so be sure to diversify.

FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 01:42:46 PM

Dear community,

If you think Jeffrey Smith is just a name in substitution of John Doe, well here it is, our board member:

http://www.coinsumm.it

Jeffrey is very busy at the moment

Interesting description:

Jeffrey is a co-owner of CEX.IO, a multi-functional Bitcoin crypto exchange and cloud mining service. Jeffrey is also a member of the Board of Directors at iXcoin an open source digital currency.

Folks, start working to make iXcoin more mainstream!

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 02:34:38 PM

i think its cool they mentioned his IXC activity.

can somone tell me where i can look up the ixcoin Net Hasrate?

to the price: i think the 'old' coins will profit more than most new 2.0 coins. There are so many scams now, after some time, people will head for something more solid without insta-/premine whatever.

do you guys think anything will happen to the price once we reach block 210000? Up? Down? 1 Satoshi?  Grin

thanks

Block 210,000 subsidy rate cuts in half.  So less supply for miners,  possibly the price goes up.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
SuperZeus

Activity: 378
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 11:46:44 PM
Last edit: June 10, 2014, 11:58:08 PM by SuperZeus

thanks

Vircurex https://vircurex.com/welcome/index?alt=btc&base=ixc&locale=en has a little chart where you can compare iX with the other big three, Bit, Dev, and Name.

I haven't been keeping records but I think iX has been gaining on the others in the past month. iX used to always be the lowest.
RobFordWotWot

Activity: 280

time

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 11:48:59 PM

Horses in midstream.
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2014, 12:16:19 AM

thanks

Vircurex https://vircurex.com/welcome/index?alt=btc&base=ixc&locale=en has a little chart where you can compare iX with the other big three, Bit, Dev, and Name.

I haven't been keeping records but I think iX has been gaining on the others in the past month. iX used to always be the lowest.

Lowest compared to which coin?  IXC, dev and Namecoin are the most secure coins on earth right now.

IXC and dev have been nose to nose for months and Namecoin beats them by a small margin.  But let's face it, 50 PETA Hashes or Bitcoin's 100 PETA makes little to no difference, iXcoin is ready for mass distribution and mass adoption right now.

This is something very very few coins on earth can offer.

Pages: « 1 ... 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 [165] 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 ... 316 »
  Print  

Jump to: