Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 04:38:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 [182] 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 ... 316 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Ixcoin TODO  (Read 631708 times)
unicode.03C0

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 12:58:06 AM

Is there a list of dev bounties somewhere?

Sorry if I missed it.

Thank you!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 05:08:19 AM

Forewarning to the iXcoin Community:

Most of you here bought into iXcoin cause of me so I feel the need to be open with you.  Almost all alts have been in a freefall for well over a month now and [as selling begets selling] it only seems to be getting worse.  

iXcoin, for the most part, was pretty immune from this freefall, holding steady at a market cap of roughly $1 million.  But over the last couple weeks it seems like iXcoin technicals have started to break down.

That's all fine and good but there's something else that worries me and I don't want to see those loyal to iXcoin get blindsided.  Communication from some of our partner(s) and board member(s) has been extremely lacking....heck, I'll be honest, it has been piss-poor.

Without naming names, to maintain a certain level of professionalism and grant the benefit of doubt, I now have to question the sudden choice to go dark - total utter silence - without the decency of a single response to an email or message.

Perhaps these individuals are too busy or perhaps they simply don't care about iXcoin enough to pay any attention or perhaps their plans have changed.  But one has to also wonder [and expect] that perhaps some people want the price of iXcoin to implode.

My worry is that combined with poor technicals, the price of iXcoin may indeed collapse like that of most alt-coins already have [or worse].

I wanted to give you a heads up ahead of time just in case that happens - you are all free thinking men and women so make your own investment decisions but you can be sure, if the price of iXcoin collapses [and I smell manipulation] I will start selling my body parts [if necessary] to buy more iXcoin, cause I really am sick of the games I have seen played out for over a year now.

Best wishes to all,

Vlad

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
mrcashking

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 05:41:05 AM

Thanks for the update.
unicode.03C0

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 07:15:05 AM

Forewarning to the iXcoin Community:

Most of you here bought into iXcoin cause of me so I feel the need to be open with you.  Almost all alts have been in a freefall for well over a month now and [as selling begets selling] it only seems to be getting worse.  

iXcoin, for the most part, was pretty immune from this freefall, holding steady at a market cap of roughly $1 million.  But over the last couple weeks it seems like iXcoin technicals have started to break down.

That's all fine and good but there's something else that worries me and I don't want to see those loyal to iXcoin get blindsided.  Communication from some of our partner(s) and board member(s) has been extremely lacking....heck, I'll be honest, it has been piss-poor.

Without naming names, to maintain a certain level of professionalism and grant the benefit of doubt, I now have to question the sudden choice to go dark - total utter silence - without the decency of a single response to an email or message.

Perhaps these individuals are too busy or perhaps they simply don't care about iXcoin enough to pay any attention or perhaps their plans have changed.  But one has to also wonder [and expect] that perhaps some people want the price of iXcoin to implode.

My worry is that combined with poor technicals, the price of iXcoin may indeed collapse like that of most alt-coins already have [or worse].

I wanted to give you a heads up ahead of time just in case that happens - you are all free thinking men and women so make your own investment decisions but you can be sure, if the price of iXcoin collapses [and I smell manipulation] I will start selling my body parts [if necessary] to buy more iXcoin, cause I really am sick of the games I have seen played out for over a year now.

Best wishes to all,

Vlad

So this is nearly dead?
Who is the active dev?

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 07:31:46 AM

So this is nearly dead?
Who is the active dev?

Active dev?

Hahahhaaaa.

iXcoin has never had such a thing.  Ever.  

I'm the closest thing to an active anything but unfortunately, I am [a riddler] not a coder.

publicjud
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

twet.ch/inv/62d7ae96

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 01:00:09 PM

i think i can handle it but don't have a server to host it on
www.darkgamex.ch:2751/chain/ixcoin

Anybody able to use and set Abe, making a new iXcoin blockchain explorer with it?

Thank you cinnamon and deadsea for stepping up, you guys rock.

Looks like we need a server?

I have set up block explorers for other coins.  Is there a reason IXC needs another block explorer?

Join Twetch twet.ch/inv/62d7ae96
unicode.03C0

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 04:31:58 AM

Hi unicode,

Are you a dev?
Are you offering to update the code from 0.8.6 to 0.9.2.1?
Do you have the skills to make it happen?
If so, are you ok with the bounty of 50k?

There are lots of devs here, including me.
I don't understand the purpose of this coin yet.
What is it?
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2014, 05:23:20 AM

What is it?

To do the things which Bitcoin can NOT...

GroundRod

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 05:41:33 PM

@JohnnyBTCSeed  - thanks for that, seems spot on...

What is it?

Good one, I like that!

Its part of the grand experiment, no doubt about it.  Just ran the numbers, current block is 215866, hard coded last block is 227499, so 11633 blocks to go, before mining new coins ends (~558K coins), that would be ~1800hrs or 72 days from now, if the block time is 8.9 minutes(just a wild guess, I didn't look it up).

Expect volatility, it can be a good thing, if you own a few of these increasingly rare gems.  Ixc has inspired me to learn about how to build wallets from source & focused my goals on the issues involved in this upgrade.  Anyone who can do that for the BitCoin Core 9.2.x has a shot at this, Ixcoin is 99+% the same code, we just have to be absolutely certain to get the merged mining code absolutely correct, if it was easy someone in the NMC, DVC or I0C community would have it already, as far as I can tell they don't.

The way I see it, what happens to Ixcoin, is a time marker, one that will echo what can be expected to happen to Bitcoin many years from now when all those coins have been mined, and I'm old enough to know that its a pretty good chance I'll be dead by then, so what happens here with Ixcoin interests me very much.

Only a small investor, that bounty would push my share in the coins up over 30x, although I'm aware that the likelihood of my achieving it's full reward, before someone else gets there is near zero, being part of a team on this project is not out of the question, so attempting to learn the basics about crypto building & coding conventions, I've multiple decades of hardware & C/C++ experience, yet rusty might be the best word to describe where I'm at, brushing up those skills now, to hopefully be useful on this project.

GR
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 11:28:17 PM

@JohnnyBTCSeed  - thanks for that, seems spot on...

What is it?

Good one, I like that!

Its part of the grand experiment, no doubt about it.  Just ran the numbers, current block is 215866, hard coded last block is 227499, so 11633 blocks to go, before mining new coins ends (~558K coins), that would be ~1800hrs or 72 days from now, if the block time is 8.9 minutes(just a wild guess, I didn't look it up).

Expect volatility, it can be a good thing, if you own a few of these increasingly rare gems.  Ixc has inspired me to learn about how to build wallets from source & focused my goals on the issues involved in this upgrade.  Anyone who can do that for the BitCoin Core 9.2.x has a shot at this, Ixcoin is 99+% the same code, we just have to be absolutely certain to get the merged mining code absolutely correct, if it was easy someone in the NMC, DVC or I0C community would have it already, as far as I can tell they don't.

The way I see it, what happens to Ixcoin, is a time marker, one that will echo what can be expected to happen to Bitcoin many years from now when all those coins have been mined, and I'm old enough to know that its a pretty good chance I'll be dead by then, so what happens here with Ixcoin interests me very much.

Only a small investor, that bounty would push my share in the coins up over 30x, although I'm aware that the likelihood of my achieving it's full reward, before someone else gets there is near zero, being part of a team on this project is not out of the question, so attempting to learn the basics about crypto building & coding conventions, I've multiple decades of hardware & C/C++ experience, yet rusty might be the best word to describe where I'm at, brushing up those skills now, to hopefully be useful on this project.

GR

If you want to take a crack at the 0.9.2 upgrade, then go ahead.   If you got any questions,  then don't hesitate to ask me.   I did the port of the 0.8.6 version but really don't have the bandwidth to work on the 0.9.2 upgrade.

It however would be a good learning experience. 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
cinnamon_carter
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2014, 03:01:53 AM

I am going to let it play. I want to see what happens when the coins are mined out.

Eventually I may update iX to 9.2  , now after more study I am pretty confident I can pull it off. Aux pow and all.

Since others involved with the coin mining seem to be in no hurry to state what their plans are or to bring out other updates that were to be complete a long time ago I am in no hurry to code updates or fix known issues in the present code.

I am not in this for the money or the coins, just the lulz.

Check out my coin Photon
Merge Mine 5 other Blake 256 coins - 6x your hash power  https://www.blakecoin.org/

The obvious choice is not always the best choice.

LOOK DEEPER - Look into the Blake 256 Family -- CC
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2014, 04:59:52 AM

I am going to let it play. I want to see what happens when the coins are mined out.

Eventually I may update iX to 9.2  , now after more study I am pretty confident I can pull it off. Aux pow and all.

Since others involved with the coin mining seem to be in no hurry to state what their plans are or to bring out other updates that were to be complete a long time ago I am in no hurry to code updates or fix known issues in the present code.

+ 1

cinnamon_carter
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2014, 08:39:23 PM

deadsea, are you looking to make a paper wallet just to experiment only for yourself or one that can function for everyone
Well, I was hoping at least in a paper wallet....

Just an info: since some here are getting ready to buy very cheap ixc , Cex.io exchange has planned to add ixc/usd in a few weeks. Once the fiat exchange comes out from beta testing, we should see an increased volume on Cex.

Check out my coin Photon
Merge Mine 5 other Blake 256 coins - 6x your hash power  https://www.blakecoin.org/

The obvious choice is not always the best choice.

LOOK DEEPER - Look into the Blake 256 Family -- CC
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2014, 09:43:53 PM

Announcement:

Due to the lack of funds and active programming skills I am announcing a hold on all iXcoin development.  This way the community doesn't constantly ask and wait for something to happen when clearly, nothing has changed.

When we get the necessary funds I will personally hire a programmer who can and will devote his/her time and effort solely to iXcoin.  Until then I'm sorry to say we will simply sit and wait.  Well, that's all we've been doing for the past 4 months even though bounties were paid out.

Frictionless, if you could please return the bounty you collected, to whomever donated it, that would be much appreciated.

If anyone wishes to donate any iXcoin [or Bitcoin] to the development fund please use the address below.  Thank you all for your understanding, patience and support.

Best Regards,

Vlad

iXcoin Donation Address: xmvs1S55N5v1TN6xxWtxC9HaQPieBpAsQv

Bitcoin Donation Address for iXcoin development fund: 14RKvAdQsdneAKZmkBAntoDhx7Rkx8Yewe

ushuai

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 02:45:30 PM

Anyone notice the hash rates today.

Bitcoin      106,178,866 GH/sec
Devcoin      83,505,739 GH/sec
Ixcoin       108,288,269 GH/sec
Namecoin    87,211,411 GH/sec

ahmed_bodi

Activity: 518

Bitrated user: ahmedbodi.

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 03:15:04 PM

When we get the necessary funds I will personally hire a programmer

What is the amount that is needed for this? Anyone?
-we also should expect Thomas to check in at the end of the month as per his track record, & maybe we can get him to donate some to the community take over development funds.

And who all controls the donation addresses? (in case, heaven forbid, Vlad gets hit by bus)

as an aside, we've had 4 part time devs so far right? each doing an update, so it makes sense for someone new to carry the torch.

1&2 Thomas and Fred (prob more Fred then Thomas)
3 doublec
4 Friction

I've begun (More like 3/4 coded) an update to the IXC Source based off sidhujang's BTC-MM 0.9.2 codebase. If i get it completed im going to aim to keep it up to date with BTC.

publicjud
Legendary

twet.ch/inv/62d7ae96

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 04:03:56 PM

-we also should expect Thomas to check in at the end of the month as per his track record, & maybe we can get him to donate some to the community take over development funds.

And who all controls the donation addresses? (in case, heaven forbid, Vlad gets hit by bus)

as an aside, we've had 4 part time devs so far right? each doing an update, so it makes sense for someone new to carry the torch.

3 doublec
4 Friction

I've begun (More like 3/4 coded) an update to the IXC Source based off sidhujang's BTC-MM 0.9.2 codebase. If i get it completed im going to aim to keep it up to date with BTC.

GOOD NEWS.

publicjud
Legendary

twet.ch/inv/62d7ae96

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 04:08:09 PM

Anyone notice the hash rates today.

Bitcoin      106,178,866 GH/sec
Devcoin      83,505,739 GH/sec
Ixcoin       108,288,269 GH/sec
Namecoin    87,211,411 GH/sec

Where are you getting such numbers....

GroundRod

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 05:59:30 PM

If you want to take a crack at the 0.9.2 upgrade, then go ahead.   If you got any questions,  then don't hesitate to ask me.   I did the port of the 0.8.6 version but really don't have the bandwidth to work on the 0.9.2 upgrade.

Agreed, thanks for your support!

Glad to hear it CC, really good to have you here with us.  The Aux pow(aka MM aka Merged Mining) code concerns me greatly, but I'm confident we'll have the best and right stuff when its time to go live with a public 9.2 release...probably in part because of your contributions.

Announcement:

Due to the lack of funds and active programming skills I am announcing a hold on all iXcoin development.  This way the community doesn't constantly ask and wait for something to happen when clearly, nothing has changed.

When we get the necessary funds I will personally hire a programmer who can and will devote his/her time and effort solely to iXcoin.  Until then I'm sorry to say we will simply sit and wait.  Well, that's all we've been doing for the past 4 months even though bounties were paid out.

Frictionless, if you could please return the bounty you collected, to whomever donated it, that would be much appreciated.

If anyone wishes to donate any iXcoin [or Bitcoin] to the development fund please use the address below.  Thank you all for your understanding, patience and support.

Best Regards,

Vlad

Bitcoin Donation Address for iXcoin development fund: 14RKvAdQsdneAKZmkBAntoDhx7Rkx8Yewe

Well we must be at the bottom, anyway sounds like you've reached it Vlad... Sad

Think I at least partially understand where your coming from, but canceling the bounties and your plans to hire a programmer seem really off base to me, from here.  The software development of this upgrade *IS* happening synergistically, as it should.  Not from the barrel of a hired gun. 

IMO(& that is really all it is) what is needed from non-core wallet development is help making the people connections to insure the new code gets fully tested (by multiple parties) and working correctly before release, getting that expedited would be a big help.  Let the upgrade unfold as it should, focus the Ixcoin foundation efforts on maintaining a coherent thread on here(BcT) w/links to a website that looks nice, yet works well even for folks w/very old or simplistic browsers versions(BcT does).  It takes to much time to find out what is current with IXC, there is old stuff, unfinished stuff, dead links and miles of pages to read through to figure out what is current and what is not.   And an important point, you may not be aware of for the core dev team, FINISH that logo decision contest, so it can be integrated into the next release as the time allows, from a programmers standpoint, its really crappy to have that hanging when everything else is done.....  Get that new IxCoin announcement thread started today, put a link to the new(for most people) v8.6 frictionlesscoin wallet, it's been available to download for months now, I see no reason not to promote it.  Anyone have a problem with that?

3 doublec
4 Friction

Would suggest not updating that list until we actually see some source code get published and a release is pending, from ahmed_bodi's most recent post I'm really becoming optimistic that you'll have at least one name to add to that list, perhaps myself and/or a few others would be better than just one person imo.  Until I've actually done something, would prefer to not be on it.  Can't speak for Cinnamon_carter or the few others here that also have shown an interest, there are the makings of a good dev team shaping up though, one to keep IXC updated for the long haul.

Yaaaaaaaaa!

Was looking @ that myself 2 days ago, sidhujang is way ahead of anybody else from what I could tell in completing this task, nearly daily updates for the DVC team, was trying to figure out what had been done for the merged mining part, so was looking at the source code files & didn't see much, just the start of what needs to be done, agree with you that is absolutely the correct place to be looking for how this is going to work out though!  DVC has some tough problems to overcome, usage and inflation.  At least we won't have the inflation part anymore Smiley
ahmed_bodi

Activity: 518

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 06:06:49 PM

Agreed, thanks for your support!

Glad to hear it CC, really good to have you here with us.  The Aux pow(aka MM aka Merged Mining) code concerns me greatly, but I'm confident we'll have the best and right stuff when its time to go live with a public 9.2 release...probably in part because of your contributions.

Announcement:

Due to the lack of funds and active programming skills I am announcing a hold on all iXcoin development.  This way the community doesn't constantly ask and wait for something to happen when clearly, nothing has changed.

When we get the necessary funds I will personally hire a programmer who can and will devote his/her time and effort solely to iXcoin.  Until then I'm sorry to say we will simply sit and wait.  Well, that's all we've been doing for the past 4 months even though bounties were paid out.

If anyone wishes to donate any iXcoin [or Bitcoin] to the development fund please use the address below.  Thank you all for your understanding, patience and support.

Best Regards,

Vlad

Well we must be at the bottom, anyway sounds like you've reached it Vlad... Sad

Think I at least partially understand where your coming from, but canceling the bounties and your plans to hire a programmer seem really off base to me, from here.  The software development of this upgrade *IS* happening synergistically, as it should.  Not from the barrel of a hired gun. 

IMO(& that is really all it is) what is needed from non-core wallet development is help making the people connections to insure the new code gets fully tested (by multiple parties) and working correctly before release, getting that expedited would be a big help.  Let the upgrade unfold as it should, focus the Ixcoin foundation efforts on maintaining a coherent thread on here(BcT) w/links to a website that looks nice, yet works well even for folks w/very old or simplistic browsers versions(BcT does).  It takes to much time to find out what is current with IXC, there is old stuff, unfinished stuff, dead links and miles of pages to read through to figure out what is current and what is not.   And an important point, you may not be aware of for the core dev team, FINISH that logo decision contest, so it can be integrated into the next release as the time allows, from a programmers standpoint, its really crappy to have that hanging when everything else is done.....  Get that new IxCoin announcement thread started today, put a link to the new(for most people) v8.6 frictionlesscoin wallet, it's been available to download for months now, I see no reason not to promote it.  Anyone have a problem with that?

3 doublec
4 Friction

Would suggest not updating that list until we actually see some source code get published and a release is pending, from ahmed_bodi's most recent post I'm really becoming optimistic that you'll have at least one name to add to that list, perhaps myself and/or a few others would be better than just one person imo.  Until I've actually done something, would prefer to not be on it.  Can't speak for Cinnamon_carter or the few others here that also have shown an interest, there are the makings of a good dev team shaping up though, one to keep IXC updated for the long haul.

Yaaaaaaaaa!

Was looking @ that myself 2 days ago, sidhujang is way ahead of anybody else from what I could tell in completing this task, nearly daily updates for the DVC team, was trying to figure out what had been done for the merged mining part, so was looking at the source code files & didn't see much, just the start of what needs to be done, agree with you that is absolutely the correct place to be looking for how this is going to work out though!  DVC has some tough problems to overcome, usage and inflation.  At least we won't have the inflation part anymore Smiley

I agree it does. Where ive forked off of his commits look to have a lot of compiling issues. I plan on using his latest commit and work backwards removing devcoin's specialised code to make it into a blank template to make it easy to pull bitcoin's changes. and then build IXCoin from there.

Pages: « 1 ... 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 [182] 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 ... 316 »
  Print  

Jump to: