Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 04:33:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 [258] 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 ... 316 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Ixcoin TODO  (Read 631708 times)
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2015, 01:30:44 AM
Last edit: July 29, 2015, 01:44:55 AM by markm

So Cinnamon... About that little code detail... BIP66, the OpenSSL change and all that...

It sounds like all the merged mined coins need to be fixed for that?

Plus any other altcoins any of us are into will also be needing it most likely?

It sounds like we need someone familiar enough with the problem and apt enough at fixing it that putting it into coin after coin after coin until all are fixed will become easier and easier for them to do the more coins they do it to?

Along similar lines I am noticing more and more coins that could really do with having merged mining as a subchain implemented. Mostly these are coins that can be mined with just one or two CPU cores currently, so someone could potentially make good money by mining them all with a core or two each for a while while quietly preparing an upgraded version that will support merged mining so that eventually the coin can be brought back into the public eye - and onto exchanges - with at least some chance of being able to secure their blockchains. (Not all of these coins are SHA256 coins; in fact most of them are not.)

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2015, 01:40:21 AM

I have the login credentials for the ixCoin.org site, can I pay for the domain fee or only the owner of the site can pay for that?

We really need to get that back online ASAP cause that's the place people go to get the latest QT wallet download.

If anybody has a shortcut for that please post it here for easier access.  Thx!

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2015, 01:49:08 AM
Last edit: July 29, 2015, 02:17:19 AM by markm

Depending what registrar it is registered with, it is possible that anyone can pay for it.

I seem to recall for example noticing once upon a time at Network Solutions that they seemed to have an option whereby anyone could choose to pay for any domain to have its time extended; as if they don't particularly care who pays just as long as they get the money.

Of course this would mean you go ahead and pay but who-ever currently owns it continues to own it...

Code:
Domain Name:IXCOIN.ORG
Domain ID: D162776984-LROR
Creation Date: 2011-07-13T17:38:10Z
Updated Date: 2015-07-14T01:31:22Z
Registry Expiry Date: 2016-07-13T17:38:10Z
Sponsoring Registrar:PDR Ltd. d/b/a PublicDomainRegistry.com (R27-LROR)
Sponsoring Registrar IANA ID: 303

Looks like the registrar is PublicDomainRegistry.com

Damn. They have a renew page, http://publicdomainregistry.com/renew/ where you enter a domain name and they tell you who to contact about renewing it.

But it gives me an error when I ask it about ixcoin.org

It sounds like when you get a domain through them they are kind of an affiliate or something and actually register it somewhere else or something.

Or heck maybe they are just who the "whois" command on Ubuntu consults to do WHOIS lookups and aren't actually anything to do with actually registering the domain.

Reading more of the WHOIS results:

Code:
WHOIS Server: 
Referral URL:
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited -- http://www.icann.org/epp#clientTransferProhibited
Domain Status: autoRenewPeriod -- http://www.icann.org/epp#autoRenewPeriod
Registrant ID:PP-SP-001
Registrant Name:Domain Admin
Registrant Organization:Privacy Protection Service INC d/b/a PrivacyProtect.org
Registrant Street: C/O ID#10760, PO Box 16
Registrant Street: Note - Visit PrivacyProtect.org
Registrant Street: to contact the domain owner/operator
Registrant City:Nobby Beach
Registrant State/Province:Queensland
Registrant Postal Code:QLD 4218
Registrant Country:AU
Registrant Phone:+45.36946676
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax:
Registrant Fax Ext:
Registrant Email:contact@privacyprotect.org

Maybe it is actually owned by that privacy-protection place, not directly by Thomas. Still dunno where they registered it though.

A lot of shady registrars these days, and, for all I know, places like that privacy protection place, put domains up for auction when they expire, as it seems the registrars have longer than the people who buy domains from them to hold on to a domain, or something like that. If they think it might have value they might just keep it or auction it.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2015, 01:58:25 AM

Mark, it says it was updated and it expires next year.  So why is it still showing expired?

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2015, 01:58:54 AM

It is true my primary reason in moving on is to focus on other projects i am working on. I plan to still be around here and on github for technical items and
anything else that may come up. Everyone should continue to support Vlad 100% --- He has done more work than anyone I am aware of for ix and has the ability and 'bravado' to get big players to the table. This is certainly not a strength of mine.

If others attempt to kick Vlad out as president of the ix foundation, then I would likely decide to no longer contribute to the future of this project.

I really appreciate your vote, Cinnamon.   Smiley

markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2015, 02:03:25 AM
Last edit: July 29, 2015, 02:24:38 AM by markm

Mark, it says it was updated and it expires next year.  So why is it still showing expired?

I think maybe that is when the registrar's supervision of it expires, if so it looks like they have a year in which to re-sell it or convince Thomas to renew it.

This incident makes me even more glad I spend the extra bucks to use Network Solutions (which I originally did simply from the fact that they inherited from the internet orginal setup all the main domain extensions, probably sue to being made up of all kinds of CIA and NSA etc types or something. I got my domain way back when you could ask for a few hundred on speculation run them a while then pay for any you wanted to keep and let the rest go. I even had windows.com, windows.net and windows.org for while on spec then decided to let them go when no-one would bid anything at all for them on e-bay. Smiley)

Though I guess I should go check if Network Solutions really does have a way anyone can pay for someone else's domain...

...Yes it does, it looks like anyone could pop over there any time and renew my knotwork.com domain for me.

...But asking to renew ixcoin.org results in:

Code:
Sorry, ixcoin.org is not available but

ixcoin.world is available

We have a High-Value Premium Domain name that is a close match to the domain you searched for:

High-Value Premium Domain
    ixcoin.net

Can be purchased for $250.00.

It seems likely that when ixcoin.org expires it will show up somewhere as another high value domain that can be purchased at above normal price, unless .org is not actually considered all that valuable. (But .net isnt really either, is it?)

Maybe it would be worthwhile to purchase ixcoin.world, preferably at a registrar that lets anyone pop in and pay for anyone else's domain?

(I have not checked whether namecheap, godaddy, etc let youhttps://www.namecheap.com/support/knowledgebase/article.aspx?type=article&contentid=241&categoryid=&articletitle=how-can-i-renew-my-expired-domain do that, maybe they do...)

Ok, I tried chat at namecheap as their domains menu had no renew option (I was not signed in) and instead of chat it sent me to a knowledgebase with a link to:

https://www.namecheap.com/support/knowledgebase/article.aspx?type=article&contentid=241&categoryid=&articletitle=how-can-i-renew-my-expired-domain

Which basically says to sign in and implies it would only be your own domains you'd be able to renew once signed in.

I think for our kind of purpose, a registrar that lets anyone renew anyone's domains is important, as it is often more important to keep the thing alive than to bicker about who technically "owns" it.

Similarly though one probably ought to also use a webhost that lets anyone pay for anyone else's website...

-MarkM-

cinnamon_carter
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2015, 02:24:35 AM
Last edit: August 04, 2015, 08:38:02 AM by cinnamon_carter

most alt networks are smaller in size than bitcoin , i have been using open ssl 1.0.2a for a while on builds , the ix network is not currently vulnerable to this issue at all if it is indeed anchored by 3.x code , if it is not, since a majority of mining power (very large majority in this case) is under control of two pools ix is still in no danger but , yes other coin networks could be vulnerable to this issue, it is a danger that is restricted to mining ........ using different wallets for normal transactions should not pose an issue ..... but ...obviously moving away from open ssl and other libraries would be the safest long term plan......... much easier said than done..

the short term fix is to make sure for any network the primary nodes and pools and wallets that are distributed are running preferably the same version of open ssl <<<<<EDIT ONE  OF COURSE IF SOMEONE REALLY WANTED TO ATTACK A COIN THEY CAN BUILD THEIR OWN WALLETS WITH 'CUSTOMIZED' FEATURES THAT COULD EXPLOIT THESE ISSUES ON PURPOSE......this is something many people have known about for some time.

also when building open ssl from source , traditionally it would be something like this in linux or mingw

./Configure no-shared no-dso mingw

make

Others who are familiar with this issue for a while including myself have been building open ssl with the algos disabled , fellow developers on the blake 256 team and I are in agreement with this as well and we have discussed it at length  ( also see Nitrogenetics posts on this in this forum)

./Configure no-zlib no-shared no-dso no-krb5 no-camellia no-capieng no-cast no-cms no-dtls1 no-gost no-gmp no-heartbeats no-idea no-jpake no-md2 no-mdc2 no-rc5 no-rdrand no-rfc3779 no-rsax no-sctp no-seed no-sha0 no-static_engine no-whirlpool no-rc2 no-rc4 no-ssl2 no-ssl3 mingw

EDIT TWO AUG 3 -15 ,  IF ANYONE IS USING THIS TO BUILD OPEN SSL , BEFORE YOU USE THE

make command

make depends

then make,

make

note this solved all issues i had with building it even openssl 1.0.2d  fyi ---------------------------------  sorry about that ------------

forgot all about it until just now when i started setting up a new build system to run tests finally with a good working copy of mingw 48

not for ix for something else but i thought, ''''''''''oh i forgot about this part''''''''''      Huh Huh Huh

make

also https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/blob/master/depends/packages/openssl.mk#L27

note in tests with open ssl 1.0.2d i was unable to 'disable cms' ----------  another thing people should consider is that when building recent versions of qt open source everywhere , if you ever compiled this monster it calls open ssl, i.e. you put it in your path before you build it,

I think while the bitcoin team says little of this i notice (probably for many reasons other than just this) their test builds are always done from 'scratch' not with a ready made build system...........  

imagine your qt everywhere 5.4.0 is compiled with a different (earlier) version of open ssl than the wallet itself..... i see a few possible issues there but  I tend to be a little 'over paranoid' on these things.  

On your other concepts I have always felt that merged mining is the real future and know of a few other 'experts' who agree and I have learned many things from them and hope to continue to do so.

So Cinnamon... About that little code detail... BIP66, the OpenSSL change and all that...

It sounds like all the merged mined coins need to be fixed for that?

Plus any other altcoins any of us are into will also be needing it most likely?

It sounds like we need someone familiar enough with the problem and apt enough at fixing it that putting it into coin after coin after coin until all are fixed will become easier and easier for them to do the more coins they do it to?

Along similar lines I am noticing more and more coins that could really do with having merged mining as a subchain implemented. Mostly these are coins that can be mined with just one or two CPU cores currently, so someone could potentially make good money by mining them all with a core or two each for a while while quietly preparing an upgraded version that will support merged mining so that eventually the coin can be brought back into the public eye - and onto exchanges - with at least some chance of being able to secure their blockchains. (Not all of these coins are SHA256 coins; in fact most of them are not.)

-MarkM-

Check out my coin Photon
Merge Mine 5 other Blake 256 coins - 6x your hash power  https://www.blakecoin.org/

The obvious choice is not always the best choice.

LOOK DEEPER - Look into the Blake 256 Family -- CC
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2015, 02:28:16 AM

The new in last few days "CPU coin" "axiom" uses the library that bitcoin is planning to move to, maybe a look at how they did that could be helpful?

Though note they also use totally non-bitcoin stuff for everything else.

I have actually made over a bitcoin I think at current prices just CPU-mining it since a few hours after its launch with about maybe ten or so cores in total.

Likely its price will drop though as more of it is mined and made-by-staking, unless using novel signatures and such really is a good selling-point.

-MarkM-

cinnamon_carter
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2015, 02:35:00 AM

No need for thanks Vlad, just pointing out the obvious to every one,

If the ixorg site goes down the 9.3 wallet is available for download on your github account https://github.com/vladroberto/IXCoin/releases/tag/0.9.3.0

I really appreciate your vote, Cinnamon.   Smiley
[/quote]

Check out my coin Photon
Merge Mine 5 other Blake 256 coins - 6x your hash power  https://www.blakecoin.org/

The obvious choice is not always the best choice.

LOOK DEEPER - Look into the Blake 256 Family -- CC
edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 12:37:50 PM

It could be nice to be on Coinomi. To add iXcoin:

https://coinomi.com/AddingSupportForANewCurrency/

Anybody can help?

For the Android wallet integration it only needs some entries to the com.coinomi.wallet.Constants:

DEFAULT_COINS_SERVERS, the addresses of the electrum servers (minimum 2 servers)
    COINS_ICONS, an icon resource for the coin
    Optionaly a third party block explorer in COINS_BLOCK_EXPLORERS
    An entry to SUPPORTED_COINS to enable the coin

fakeNasakioto

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 04:29:36 PM

http://s12.postimg.org/gwpi0xnkd/crisis.jpg

Raise your hand if you can build a website.

I say all bets are off with Thomas. We do what we want with the image , logo, website.

Nasakloto

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 08:40:55 PM

I say all bets are off with Thomas. We do what we want with the image , logo, website.

A Fake Nasakioto account?
Look at mine. LOL
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2015, 08:55:24 PM

I've been asked by the biggest players in crypto to update the dot org site and they even did a full redesign for us.

I simply cannot do that.  iXCoin is not my personal toy.  Even though our partners control the network - the protocol is still that of Thomas Nasakioto and he gave specific parameters for the site from which I will not deviate.

We'll have to use a sister site until Thomas changes his mind or forfeits all interest in iXCoin to someone on the board or to this community.

I own iXCoin.io and we have other good ixCoin domains to work with as well.

Edit:  You have a unique sense of humor [and you speak Chinese].  lol.   Wink

NextGenCrypto

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2015, 09:44:14 PM

the biggest players in crypto

LOL still the same crazy fuck you were years ago...

publicjud
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

twet.ch/inv/62d7ae96

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 12:39:56 AM

I've been asked by the biggest players in crypto to update the dot org site and they even did a full redesign for us.

I simply cannot do that.  iXCoin is not my personal toy.  Even though our partners control the network - the protocol is still that of Thomas Nasakioto and he gave specific parameters for the site from which I will not deviate.

We'll have to use a sister site until Thomas changes his mind or forfeits all interest in iXCoin to someone on the board or to this community.

I own iXCoin.io and we have other good ixCoin domains to work with as well.

Edit:  You have a unique sense of humor [and you speak Chinese].  lol.   Wink

Why not put the redesigned website those big players made on ixcoin.io?

Join Twetch twet.ch/inv/62d7ae96
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2015, 02:33:05 AM

the biggest players in crypto

LOL still the same crazy fuck you were years ago...

Hahaha.

You know the same thought crossed my mind when I wrote that but then I ran with it.

So check it out.

Gavin wanted 20mb block update, right?

Who stopped him and gave him the permission to do only 8mb, who owns and controls 60% of the Bitcoin network and are calling the shots right now?  Those are our partners. 

Believe it!  #ChinaPower

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2015, 02:35:52 AM

Why not put the redesigned website those big players made on ixcoin.io?

Cause dot org is just so much better.  So much more Bitcoin-esque.  We really need to get on the same page and look organized and professional.

I have sent Thomas a lot of messages over the past few months.  If I don't hear back soon I'm gonna go with what our partners want cause it looks like it's go time.  Then I'll just apologize and try to fix anything Thomas doesn't like when the time comes.  Gotta make a decision here soon and with no answer from Thomas I have little choice.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2015, 05:09:19 AM

Ok, i'm getting some help with the website.

Now about the logo/symbol.

We really need a one letter currency symbol like BTC.  I see no problem with the i Thomas Nasakioto has chosen.  I especially like it in red. 

Any other opinions?

edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 08:23:08 AM

uppercase I to avoid being associated with iTardjunk

personally dont like the red, gold on white is easy on the eye.

but if it genuinely is '#ChinaPower' gold on red is what chinese gold shops (and some restaurants) use.

so, uppercase gold I on white/silver or red background...

something like this but less shit - https://www.colourbox.com/image/gold-letter-on-red-background-image-6004275
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2015, 06:55:37 PM

uppercase I to avoid being associated with iTardjunk

personally dont like the red, gold on white is easy on the eye.

but if it genuinely is '#ChinaPower' gold on red is what chinese gold shops (and some restaurants) use.

so, uppercase gold I on white/silver or red background...

something like this but less shit - https://www.colourbox.com/image/gold-letter-on-red-background-image-6004275

Gold on red [Capital I] sounds interesting, I'd like to see that if anyone can flip those colors.

Tried logging onto the dot org site and I've been locked out.  It's not Thomas, this is the second time this has happened to me.  Unless this is common then someone is trying to prevent me from updating .org. 

I have written Thomas about the repeat error and we'll use .io until Thomas responds and resets the credentials [again].

Thanks for your input!

Pages: « 1 ... 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 [258] 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 ... 316 »
  Print  

Jump to: