Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 06:26:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 ... 844 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay | 10% to Orphan-Charity | RANDOMX MINING | Sanctuaries (Masternodes)  (Read 243130 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (345 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Alex873434

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 04:08:44 AM

(1) I think that this pool version still works as you would just need to update biblepayd.

(2) He probably didn't have time to clean up his custom version with all his information and push it to github. I might be wrong but I think aikida was trying to set up a pool, he can share his experience with that.

(3) Do you really think he's banking with "the store"? He has to pay the amazon fees, api fees, minimum order conditions, take the financial/liquidity risks, etc.

(4) You believe that this project is evil and only there to make him richer...yet you don't seem to mind doing that yourself (owning bbp and using it to get richer, I see a contradiction here)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
seasonw

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 04:13:07 AM

masternode count

There are 44 masternodes now, and out of 44, there are some with status of "WATCHDOG_EXPIRED". I have mine without problem, but curious to know how will this status affected a masternode? Will "WATCHDOG_EXPIRED" still eligible at receiving masternode reward?
Alex873434

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 04:14:30 AM

masternode count

There are 44 masternodes now, and out of 44, there are some with status of "WATCHDOG_EXPIRED". I have mine without problem, but curious to know how will this status affected a masternode? Will "WATCHDOG_EXPIRED" still eligible at receiving masternode reward?

No it will stop after a while! you have to make sure to add a cron to run watchdog every minute so that it doesn't expire. It's in the guide.

seasonw

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 05:32:12 AM

masternode count

No it will stop after a while! you have to make sure to add a cron to run watchdog every minute so that it doesn't expire. It's in the guide.

Noted. I have my MN run since day 1 without problem actually, status = "ENABLED". Thanks  Cheesy
Alex873434

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 05:34:57 AM

@adrianbits

This is probably my last reply to you. I just had a quick look at your post history. I think you may have found your opportunity and should definitely start your own crypto!

Ive been doing some simple blockchain projects in the past few months. Stuff like creating a wallet, learning to send coins, looking up transactions, etc

Id like to start to turn this hobby into billable hours

Can someone suggest how they made the transition into a paid blockchain programmer?
What kind of work is there and how to break in?

upwork job example:

"I’m looking for a freelancer to create a coin for me within a day."

LOL. id like to think there are better opportunities out there than this
zthomasz

Activity: 489
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 05:36:53 AM

masternode count

Alex, will you point me to the guide? Thanks
Alex873434

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 05:39:04 AM

masternode count

Sure! I think there are two versions right now:

http://wiki.biblepay.org/Create_Sanctuary
http://wiki.biblepay.org/Create_Sanctuary_2
cryptomaster13

Activity: 212

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 07:05:46 AM

masternode count

As name of Bible i bought 0.2 millions this coins and now its not trade on CoinsMarket Exchange and also showing Wallet in Maintenance in C-Cex exchange.
Totally helpless to withdraw and transfer to BBP wallet. PLz reply when will open Maintenance from C-CEX and new exchange for price booming..??
616westwarmoth

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 07:14:14 AM

the one issue is right now with the exchanges frozen, the price won't reflect what I think will happen (a gentle bump).  But I guess the payout on proposals isn't until January, which brings me to a question.  How do we word a proposal that doesn't cite specific amounts of BBP but rather a price/value?  Should the proposals say (using current $0.004444 and 23 sat values) 11,251 BBP to pay a $50 expense for some work done based on the current value or should they say, pay $50 in BBP and that price be determined on the payout day?  Likewise with prices in BTC, so the above, would the proposal say .125 BTC in BBP or should it say 544K BBP to pay a .125 BTC for a listing expense?

The two issues I see are in the first example (work done), citing the value as BBP puts a lot of risk of fluctuation.  Not singling out Togo because he's been HUGE in this, but he's asking for $600 at the current rate for a total of 135K BBP.  But if the price were to double between now and the January payouts, he would get a huge windfall, and likewise, if the price plummeted (if BTC dropped to $6K and we stayed at 23 sat), he would not get fairly paid.  Either is a poor outcome.  In the second case, we MUST pay .125 BTC worth of BBP so expressing it at 544K BBP isn't very workable.

https://www.dashforcenews.com/dash-budget-proposals-and-the-problem-of-extra-money/

https://www.dashforcenews.com/evaluating-how-much-a-dash-budget-proposal-is-worth/

We are worrying too much about this.  I want millionaires to become millionaires.  If we focus too long on this we risk missing bigger opportunities.  Imo, I would like to keep quoting proposals at our last midpoint, in BBP, and if one receives a windfall because the price rises, then they receive a windfall.  I dont mind if Togo becomes a millionaire, as Dash masternode owners did. 

Just be concious that once we do this, no one has the right to complain if BBP drops after they receive payment.  We are basically making a best effort to pay you at our market rate.

Also, once we are listed on a larger exchange, such as bittrex, that exchange will have the ability to absorb much bigger depth.  So its going to be more of a moot point in shorter terms.

These psychological problems arent ours.  It happens where good times turn to bad very quickly, we could be a $20 million coin one month and a $10 MM the next month, so I say lets take the good with the bad and work hard and look past the microstructure for a while.

My point was this.  Togo is awesome.  Well, that's just one of my points.  It's late so I'll read the DASH articles with fresh eyes tomorrow, but I have an idea what they're saying now.  I generally agree that anyone doing work for the project probably understands the risk/reward of fluctuation in price.  So I agree the best way for that sort of work should be to take the Coinmarketscap current price and ask accordingly (like Togo did).  The question then is how to address the fixed cost issue.  Let's say I propose we buy a Gift Ark package from Heifer International.  It's a $5000 expense.  Right now that would be 732K BBP.  If approved, it might not get minted for another week.  Since Heifer doesn't take BBP, we have to sell and pay in cash.  If the price dropped to $.001, then we'd be short $4000.  If the price jumped to $.015 we'd have $6000 too much.  Likewise the example where getting listed at an exchange needs paid in BTC.  What might be worth 1 BTC today, might not be sufficient in a week.  The way DASH handles this is the proposal "owner" ends up handling the transaction, if extra money is generating by a rising value, they are expected to be good stewards and use it wisely but they're not really specific on how to do that.  So far it's worked for them.  If the value declines, then they bank it and ask for the difference in the next cycle and hopefully get it.  That's not seemed to be such a problem as of late for them.

But the question boils down to how are we going to do it?

▄    BIBLEPAY    ▄    The Cryptocurrency for Christians    ▄     BIBLEPAY   
   Reddit      ANN Page      Biblepay Forum  
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
ferohers

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 07:18:32 AM

masternode count

As name of Bible i bought 0.2 millions this coins and now its not trade on CoinsMarket Exchange and also showing Wallet in Maintenance in C-Cex exchange.
Totally helpless to withdraw and transfer to BBP wallet. PLz reply when will open Maintenance from C-CEX and new exchange for price booming..??

Price booming on the way?
616westwarmoth

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 07:23:58 AM

C-Cex and CoinsMarket Exchange are independent of BBP.  The hope is to get listed on a bigger, more stable exchange, but the C-Cex issues at this point is the result of the owner of the site going on vacation, which that owner should have likely made more clear sooner.  The CoinsMarket Exchange from what I understand is just waiting to make sure all the mandatory upgrading is done for the time being (which the Dev has stated it is).  I'd think that they'd be back on line sooner rather than later but it's really up to the operator of the site to make that determination to some extent.

▄    BIBLEPAY    ▄    The Cryptocurrency for Christians    ▄     BIBLEPAY   
   Reddit      ANN Page      Biblepay Forum  
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2017, 01:11:51 PM

@adrianbits

This is probably my last reply to you. I just had a quick look at your post history. I think you may have found your opportunity and should definitely start your own crypto!

Ive been doing some simple blockchain projects in the past few months. Stuff like creating a wallet, learning to send coins, looking up transactions, etc

Id like to start to turn this hobby into billable hours

Can someone suggest how they made the transition into a paid blockchain programmer?
What kind of work is there and how to break in?

upwork job example:

"I’m looking for a freelancer to create a coin for me within a day."

LOL. id like to think there are better opportunities out there than this

OMG, that is hilarious.  What a hypocrite.  He calls us greedy for trying to raise money for children, but in reality he wanted to learn enough to start his own crypto.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2017, 01:21:49 PM

the one issue is right now with the exchanges frozen, the price won't reflect what I think will happen (a gentle bump).  But I guess the payout on proposals isn't until January, which brings me to a question.  How do we word a proposal that doesn't cite specific amounts of BBP but rather a price/value?  Should the proposals say (using current $0.004444 and 23 sat values) 11,251 BBP to pay a $50 expense for some work done based on the current value or should they say, pay $50 in BBP and that price be determined on the payout day?  Likewise with prices in BTC, so the above, would the proposal say .125 BTC in BBP or should it say 544K BBP to pay a .125 BTC for a listing expense?

The two issues I see are in the first example (work done), citing the value as BBP puts a lot of risk of fluctuation.  Not singling out Togo because he's been HUGE in this, but he's asking for $600 at the current rate for a total of 135K BBP.  But if the price were to double between now and the January payouts, he would get a huge windfall, and likewise, if the price plummeted (if BTC dropped to $6K and we stayed at 23 sat), he would not get fairly paid.  Either is a poor outcome.  In the second case, we MUST pay .125 BTC worth of BBP so expressing it at 544K BBP isn't very workable.

https://www.dashforcenews.com/dash-budget-proposals-and-the-problem-of-extra-money/

https://www.dashforcenews.com/evaluating-how-much-a-dash-budget-proposal-is-worth/

We are worrying too much about this.  I want millionaires to become millionaires.  If we focus too long on this we risk missing bigger opportunities.  Imo, I would like to keep quoting proposals at our last midpoint, in BBP, and if one receives a windfall because the price rises, then they receive a windfall.  I dont mind if Togo becomes a millionaire, as Dash masternode owners did. 

Just be concious that once we do this, no one has the right to complain if BBP drops after they receive payment.  We are basically making a best effort to pay you at our market rate.

Also, once we are listed on a larger exchange, such as bittrex, that exchange will have the ability to absorb much bigger depth.  So its going to be more of a moot point in shorter terms.

These psychological problems arent ours.  It happens where good times turn to bad very quickly, we could be a $20 million coin one month and a $10 MM the next month, so I say lets take the good with the bad and work hard and look past the microstructure for a while.

My point was this.  Togo is awesome.  Well, that's just one of my points.  It's late so I'll read the DASH articles with fresh eyes tomorrow, but I have an idea what they're saying now.  I generally agree that anyone doing work for the project probably understands the risk/reward of fluctuation in price.  So I agree the best way for that sort of work should be to take the Coinmarketscap current price and ask accordingly (like Togo did).  The question then is how to address the fixed cost issue.  Let's say I propose we buy a Gift Ark package from Heifer International.  It's a $5000 expense.  Right now that would be 732K BBP.  If approved, it might not get minted for another week.  Since Heifer doesn't take BBP, we have to sell and pay in cash.  If the price dropped to $.001, then we'd be short $4000.  If the price jumped to $.015 we'd have $6000 too much.  Likewise the example where getting listed at an exchange needs paid in BTC.  What might be worth 1 BTC today, might not be sufficient in a week.  The way DASH handles this is the proposal "owner" ends up handling the transaction, if extra money is generating by a rising value, they are expected to be good stewards and use it wisely but they're not really specific on how to do that.  So far it's worked for them.  If the value declines, then they bank it and ask for the difference in the next cycle and hopefully get it.  That's not seemed to be such a problem as of late for them.

But the question boils down to how are we going to do it?

I really think the answer is the person putting in the proposal must be ready to take on the risk of the currency dropping and fulfill the transaction 99% of the time.

I believe we should have compassion on someone who is living paycheck to paycheck and runs short because they were trying to do a good deed for biblepay.  If you sell a heifer for $6000 and lose $500 in BBP while doing it, I suppose that person could put in a proposal the next month to make up the difference.   
   (But if that same person benefited greater than the deficit from BBP on more than one proposal, they should not be able to follow up for funds) .

But this is exactly what I did not want this to become, a burdensome process.  Who will monitor it.  If someone will keep a spreadsheet, that is a good start, and is it worth it.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2017, 01:39:08 PM

Exchange update, mandatory update etc:

So obviously with out rash of upgrades for Sanctuaries, I was trying to consolidate any last final things we need for our Exchange mandatory upgrade.  People have to realize that the exchange version has to be solid for the next 6 months, so everything has to be in it. 

So on the very bright side, I think we are 99% there for our End of Year release and it appears this will keep us going while we work on the next version of BiblePay, a stratis proof of concept, more gospel features, integration with partners who are making contact now, etc.  We will set up new roadmap IT goals for March 2018 and June 2018.

The exchange version needs a few more things.  Meaning that we will need one more mandatory upgrade, but you will have until block 23000 for this upgrade.

We need:  checkpoint, one field in the pool for f9000, sanctuary payment percentage & block height for spork8 enabling, and finally the miner has an efficiency gain coming (where we mine with distinct timestamps per thread).

After this is released we will open coinsmarkets.com with it.

This release should be ready by the end of the day.

Rob

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
webster22

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2017, 02:33:06 PM

5 days and need new wallet = 1.7.0 is out    

Is there a quicker way to do updates than 'sudo make'.
command to just compile changes?
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2017, 02:33:12 PM

5 days and need new wallet = 1.7.0 is out    
Its not ready, thats why its not announced.

Don't listen to Slovakia, if you do you will end up in a ditch.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
slovakia

Activity: 770
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 02:39:49 PM

and what is this?  Angry Angry Angry   ... anybody how install new wallet get this version on linux

and we need wallet version on main web ...

jaapgvk

Activity: 574
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 03:06:13 PM

and what is this?  Angry Angry Angry   ... anybody how install new wallet get this version on linux

It's... Not... Ready...

🕇 BiblePay (BBP) | Reddit - Twitter - Forum - Discord | SouthXchange | Love one another, be a good Samaritan, help those in distress and spread the gospel 🕇
slovakia

Activity: 770
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 03:08:43 PM
Last edit: December 20, 2017, 03:18:52 PM by slovakia

how to know new user when join to mining that doesnt ready? do you understand?  ... this work then looks like group of amateurs!!!

webster22
fast sudo make is  sudo make -j8    8=threads, on my machine is for 3-4minutes all compils

jaapgvk

Activity: 574
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 03:17:42 PM

how know new user when join to mining that isnt ready? do you understand?  ... this work looks like group of amateurs!!!

fast sudo make is  sudo make -j8    8=threads, on my machine is for 3-4minutes all compils

Well, yeah, I agree that you shouldn't be able to compile a version of the miner that is not ready yet. But I'm not a developer, so I don't know how these things normally go on github.

🕇 BiblePay (BBP) | Reddit - Twitter - Forum - Discord | SouthXchange | Love one another, be a good Samaritan, help those in distress and spread the gospel 🕇
Pages: « 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 ... 844 »
  Print  

Jump to: