Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 08:47:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 [158] 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 ... 844 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay | 10% to Orphan-Charity | RANDOMX MINING | Sanctuaries (Masternodes)  (Read 243128 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (345 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
616westwarmoth

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 04:45:05 AM

I hope youre right... but try to be new miner. He comes to this forum read all this thread and what he see? ofc if you ignore my posts, slovakia, adrian and few other "trashtalking" users. last 40 pages are almost about huge problems with minning(pool crashes, miner crashes, mandatory updates) no posibility to sell coin(if we cant sell bbp, so how we suport oprhans?) and ridiculous mn fee for really young coin. And ofc how can i forget some posts from new users(post counter under 5) who are REALLY supporting this great project.
If devs don't do anything our beloved rank 666 on coinmarketcap will be only a dream...

This is a new coin still (barely 6 months old).  Look around and see what other small coins of the same age are doing?  Not much.  Sure there are a few outliers but they're mostly ICO's and coins with huge pre-mines generally rehashing other coins under a new name.  The exchanges are independent, and most small coins this age have none other than a few that do "internal exchanges" which is typically a warning flag that it might be problematic.  1.5M coins for a MN is a lot, it's not the 30M Linda needs, but considering this coin is based on DASH which needs 1000 DASH for a Masternode and this coin has 1000x the supply, we're still in the same ballpark.  Don't forget the MN "fee" doesn't go anywhere, you still control it like in every other MN coin.

The big issue becomes how to keep mining free from the potential abuses of botnets and maybe return some power to smaller users.  Thus the PoL testing, which is going on right now in testnet to try and work out all the bugs.  The rash of mandatories were on the heels of discovering a big bug that wasn't apparent in DASH since, again, they have 1/1000 the coin supply.   Then since the exchanges were down, a mandatory a few days later to try and squash the botnet for now.  Then the discovery that some users were crashing so a leisure upgrade to fix that (which I'd really advise getting) and then another leisure upgrade to start testing PoL on testnet.  For now it's pretty stable again, and should be I'd think for a while barring any new bugs appearing.  Hopefully the exchange situation improves soon and things are calm for a while.

▄    BIBLEPAY    ▄    The Cryptocurrency for Christians    ▄     BIBLEPAY   
   Reddit      ANN Page      Biblepay Forum  
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ferohers

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 07:33:22 AM
Last edit: January 23, 2018, 08:13:51 AM by ferohers

What we need today is "point being more constructive" and "positive" at the same time. Biblepay is not going through serious issues as you think. The issues today are nothing but mere annoyances which can be solved. The project is here to benefit orphans not to make person A or B rich. If you act in greed as a community, what will others think of us?

I frankly think that it is not proper to ask huge sums of Biblepay for doing mini projects. We are not a freelancer.com, and if a person request a certain amount of Biblepay at decent rate. I will question that person's qualifications in that field as one of the most hated recruitment manager in this country.

Atm we can create a mini roadmap and underline problems such as, finding a better exchange ( I will contact Kraken) , stabilize the pool and miners.
joelles

Activity: 84

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 08:22:14 AM

Rob, last night before I went to bed, I saw half of my miners crashed (around 40). My thought was to fix it now in the morning as it was fairly late.
However it was a positive shock to see this morning, when I logged in to the pool, all my miners were online again.
How is that possible? is the crashing a issue in the pool code maybe?
oliwer21

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 08:26:10 AM

I hope youre right... but try to be new miner. He comes to this forum read all this thread and what he see? ofc if you ignore my posts, slovakia, adrian and few other "trashtalking" users. last 40 pages are almost about huge problems with minning(pool crashes, miner crashes, mandatory updates) no posibility to sell coin(if we cant sell bbp, so how we suport oprhans?) and ridiculous mn fee for really young coin. And ofc how can i forget some posts from new users(post counter under 5) who are REALLY supporting this great project.
If devs don't do anything our beloved rank 666 on coinmarketcap will be only a dream...

This is a new coin still (barely 6 months old).  Look around and see what other small coins of the same age are doing?  Not much.  Sure there are a few outliers but they're mostly ICO's and coins with huge pre-mines generally rehashing other coins under a new name.  The exchanges are independent, and most small coins this age have none other than a few that do "internal exchanges" which is typically a warning flag that it might be problematic.  1.5M coins for a MN is a lot, it's not the 30M Linda needs, but considering this coin is based on DASH which needs 1000 DASH for a Masternode and this coin has 1000x the supply, we're still in the same ballpark.  Don't forget the MN "fee" doesn't go anywhere, you still control it like in every other MN coin.
I was taking rather about that 40% from block go to mn;)
Imo 1,5mln bbp for mn is ok... but as i wrote in last year i prefer that thins 1,5mln bbp go for oprhans. It will be uniqe but it will build stronger connetcion mn owner with coin.
How many mn we have now and how much was on start of mn?
BTW on forum is thread about best cpu mineable coins and someone mention bbp there and after few posts other guy (with around 100 posts so no "bot") wrote almost same issues like me in last post and call "strange" coin.
He also wrote there is NO info about is there any pool where you can mine bbp and he is right(there is info in guides but not every one read them).
But on main page is this type of info:"The block reward breakdown is as follows:
100 Reward (example)
10 : Charity (sponsoring orphans, 100% goes to the orphans)
10 : Sanctuary network (goes live at Christmas of 2017 - allows for rewards for running full sanctuary nodes, allows the coin to become a Charitable DAO organization, fully running by the community itself)    (Note this is 0 for the first 40000 blocks)
80 : Block Subsidy to the Node who mined the block using POB"
It's a bit OUT of date...
joelles

Activity: 84

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 08:38:41 AM

Thank you.
User in blue presented exchange for 0.15btc it list within 24h.
Maybe alternative? Price is bleeding with no exchange the price fluctuate a lot on small trades. It would affect long term if we can not actively trade quickly. As of now we are 21 days with no exchange and it hurted prices a lot. I have coins I need to move partly to cover my datacenter bills for the miners in pool, I have 46U rack hired. I can cover maybe for one more month but after that we must see improvement for markets as I need to cover those costs to keep mining

Hi joelles, which company datacenter do you hire?They allow to mine with 100% cpu load?

https://www.worldstream.nl/nl/colocation/info

yes because my OWN server.

refurbished servers for cheap:

https://www.interbolt.eu/en/spd/004860/DELL-PowerEdge-M710-Blade-Server-2x-4Core-E5520-22
https://www.creoserver.com/zelf-samenstellen-dell-poweredge-r710-lff
Alex873434

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 08:38:58 AM

This is a new coin still (barely 6 months old).  Look around and see what other small coins of the same age are doing?  Not much.  Sure there are a few outliers but they're mostly ICO's and coins with huge pre-mines generally rehashing other coins under a new name.  The exchanges are independent, and most small coins this age have none other than a few that do "internal exchanges" which is typically a warning flag that it might be problematic.  1.5M coins for a MN is a lot, it's not the 30M Linda needs, but considering this coin is based on DASH which needs 1000 DASH for a Masternode and this coin has 1000x the supply, we're still in the same ballpark.  Don't forget the MN "fee" doesn't go anywhere, you still control it like in every other MN coin.
I was taking rather about that 40% from block go to mn;)
Imo 1,5mln bbp for mn is ok... but as i wrote in last year i prefer that thins 1,5mln bbp go for oprhans. It will be uniqe but it will build stronger connetcion mn owner with coin.
How many mn we have now and how much was on start of mn?
BTW on forum is thread about best cpu mineable coins and someone mention bbp there and after few posts other guy (with around 100 posts so no "bot") wrote almost same issues like me in last post and call "strange" coin.
He also wrote there is NO info about is there any pool where you can mine bbp and he is right(there is info in guides but not every one read them).
But on main page is this type of info:"The block reward breakdown is as follows:
100 Reward (example)
10 : Charity (sponsoring orphans, 100% goes to the orphans)
10 : Sanctuary network (goes live at Christmas of 2017 - allows for rewards for running full sanctuary nodes, allows the coin to become a Charitable DAO organization, fully running by the community itself)    (Note this is 0 for the first 40000 blocks)
80 : Block Subsidy to the Node who mined the block using POB"
It's a bit OUT of date...

I agree that some information is some part of the forum sometimes needs to be updated. I think Rob is just overloaded and has so much on his plate that he has to set priorities on tasks. I think Togo made a good compiled list of everything on the reddit so if you see that, it will probably be the best to send them to the reddit or even just give a hand in spreading the information.

On your other points, I understand where you're coming from but you have to remember our coin needs to attract investors and have value if we want to help anyone. I don't think giving 1.5 mil coins would help anyone if the coins are worth nothing. Yes some people will make money, maybe become rich if the coin is successful...however...it will also mean that will be able to help a lot of of people. I don't think you can have the success of one without the success of the other.

jaapgvk

Activity: 574
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 08:53:30 AM

BiblePay has been listed - Seeking BiblePay sanctuary reviews
https://masternodesreviewed.com/CoinsWithMasternodes/biblepay-bbp/

help spread awareness of this unique project!   Grin

Great! It's just the percentages that are wrong (MN, miner, budget).

🕇 BiblePay (BBP) | Reddit - Twitter - Forum - Discord | SouthXchange | Love one another, be a good Samaritan, help those in distress and spread the gospel 🕇
slovakia

Activity: 770

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 09:12:32 AM

The big issue becomes how to keep mining free from the potential abuses of botnets and maybe return some power to smaller users.  Thus the PoL testing, which is going on right now in testnet to try and work out all the bugs.  The rash of mandatories were on the heels of discovering a big bug that wasn't apparent in DASH since, again, they have 1/1000 the coin supply.   Then since the exchanges were down, a mandatory a few days later to try and squash the botnet for now.  Then the discovery that some users were crashing so a leisure upgrade to fix that (which I'd really advise getting) and then another leisure upgrade to start testing PoL on testnet.  For now it's pretty stable again, and should be I'd think for a while barring any new bugs appearing.  Hopefully the exchange situation improves soon and things are calm for a while.
when im asked in forum about POS testing, nobody answered ... for more ppls POS doesnt working  Wink

slovakia

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 09:21:57 AM

wiki fixed with % http://wiki.biblepay.org/Main_Page

SEO_Account

Activity: 94

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 01:51:01 PM

Thank you.
User in blue presented exchange for 0.15btc it list within 24h.
Maybe alternative? Price is bleeding with no exchange the price fluctuate a lot on small trades. It would affect long term if we can not actively trade quickly. As of now we are 21 days with no exchange and it hurted prices a lot. I have coins I need to move partly to cover my datacenter bills for the miners in pool, I have 46U rack hired. I can cover maybe for one more month but after that we must see improvement for markets as I need to cover those costs to keep mining

Hi joelles, which company datacenter do you hire?They allow to mine with 100% cpu load?

https://www.worldstream.nl/nl/colocation/info

yes because my OWN server.

refurbished servers for cheap:

https://www.interbolt.eu/en/spd/004860/DELL-PowerEdge-M710-Blade-Server-2x-4Core-E5520-22
https://www.creoserver.com/zelf-samenstellen-dell-poweredge-r710-lff

How much is your server cost per month and what is your hps?
bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2018, 02:22:35 PM

JOELLES: i can tell you,that ROB killed BBP by updates

"... he is a conceited person and does not understand anything. He has an unhealthy craving for arguments and debates. This produces jealousy, rivalry, slander, evil suspicions, and continuous conflict ..." - 1 Timothy 6:4

"And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." - Philippians 4:7

Peace.

Thomas

actually what he is saying is factually true. Every update has brought less block rewards. Every update has made miners unstable. And every update has cost the pool more in fees. That is 100% correct

LOL, Adrianbits, you are going to be caught in your own words.  What are you going to say when the next release fixes all of the small problems and adds a new feature?

There are only a few temporary problems, and 90% of these sub-issues are related to adjusting to life with a botnet who wants a chunk of hashpower that we are reluctant to give them.

The pool is fundamentally harder to mine against when you have 65% of network hash power mining solo that we didnt have a month before the baseline.  Thats basic 1st grade math btw.

These other sub issues are being resolved right now.

Regarding complaints by the 5 accounts who cant log in to the pool, yes, the accounts are locked, and Ill address that after the next leisure upgrade.  Im working on finalizing it now - it should be out within 24 hours.  It includes an update for the pool which should resolve the sub-issues.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2018, 02:28:17 PM

Rob, last night before I went to bed, I saw half of my miners crashed (around 40). My thought was to fix it now in the morning as it was fairly late.
However it was a positive shock to see this morning, when I logged in to the pool, all my miners were online again.
How is that possible? is the crashing a issue in the pool code maybe?

The server ran out of disk space last night.  I killed all the logs (80 gig of logs), now we are good again.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
oliwer21

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 02:34:41 PM

Oh my... Rob just started 3rd page in my pm inbox about deleted posts...
I dont even know what was wrong with last post?
Self moderate topics are...
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2018, 02:45:07 PM

Whats wrong is you have a 99.9% rate of FUD.  Your 99% wrong about what you say, and 100% negative. 

And that post was full of FUD and didnt meet forum guidelines even if you were a new user.

I dont like deceiving the investors and the users with plain lies.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2018, 02:48:50 PM

Regarding the issue we had 2 days ago where 40% of the sanctuaries crashed, unfortunately my Test Harness in debug mode in the cloud has not crashed, therefore I cannot release the leisure fix for that particular issue yet.

There will be a pool release by the end of the day and a statement addressing the pool issues on the board over the last few days.

A testnet release is also out addressing every issue in testnet, this should be released approx the same time (COB).

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
svirusxxx2

Activity: 89
Merit: 7

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2018, 03:09:31 PM

https://biblepay.eu/  - if anyone want to check status of node.

I will add today or tomorrow free notification service. Smiley

Biblepay masternodes status and monitoring (https://biblepay.eu/)
MIP

Activity: 362

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 04:14:12 PM

BTW coinsmarkets.com is off

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2684461.20
ermintrude

Activity: 39

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 04:39:44 PM

It's there, well you can get to the wallet status.. http://185.66.140.234/walletstatus.php?ticker=bbp
And looks like BiblePay is still there and running, and on the right fork amazingly, unlike the C-Cex one which seems to have wandered off into its own fork, judging by the block count..

I'd give them time, looks like they're having a very hard time right now, exacerbated by people reporting them as frauds to their hosts, amongst other things..
I'm loathe to log in, as I've no idea if that is the real site or some dubious copy, so I wouldn't log in if I were you..

bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2018, 05:12:41 PM

Whats wrong is you have a 99.9% rate of FUD.  Your 99% wrong about what you say, and 100% negative.  

And that post was full of FUD and didnt meet forum guidelines even if you were a new user.

I dont like deceiving the investors and the users with plain lies.

You know what is lie?
If you want see example of lie? look on biblepay.org and block distribution. You now about this for very long time(because somone mention about this in november) and you dont change it(it would take few mins). Why?

Well technically, the wiki and the web site should match the parameters in the wallet and people have been trying to correct those in error.

We will change the errors that slovakia made on wiki.biblepay.org soon (as we have 7 minute block targets and 202 blocks per day) as the code and the OP post says.

I understand you are ignorant, but what you have to do is politely Ask us why things are the way they are.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
slovakia

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 05:40:55 PM

we´ll go to 7 minute block targets and 202 blocks per day?

Pages: « 1 ... 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 [158] 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 ... 844 »
  Print  

Jump to: