Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 12:46:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 [127] 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 ... 844 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay | 10% to Orphan-Charity | RANDOMX MINING | Sanctuaries (Masternodes)  (Read 243130 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (345 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2018, 03:53:30 PM

FAUCET IS BACK UP!

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
joelles

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 04:40:45 PM

I read someone posted to get bbp on ledger we need to deposit 75k euro we get 1000 engraved ledgers plus the coin on it.
We can do pre-sale for 100euro each so we get bbp on ledger. It is frustrating to keep coins on hotwallet.
And of course nice marketing addition to BBP.
The other 25k euro could cover shipping and for the persons time for packaging etc.
anyone up with this idea?

P.S: The ledgers are selling online resellers for 200-350euro each for normal one.

FAUCET IS BACK UP!

Very nice! Any idea when the sorting function in pool can be functional? I have to scroll the entire list when adding miners to check if they came online.
togoshigekata

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 05:28:39 PM

I read someone posted to get bbp on ledger we need to deposit 75k euro we get 1000 engraved ledgers plus the coin on it.
We can do pre-sale for 100euro each so we get bbp on ledger. It is frustrating to keep coins on hotwallet.
The other 25k euro could cover shipping and for the persons time for packaging etc.

P.S: The ledgers are selling online resellers for 200-350euro each for normal one.

I think we need to wait at least a few months until our treasury/budget is bigger (worth more).
I believe our next superblock will be 5.7 million BBP coins. (and is split between 10% Charity, 5% IT, 2.5% PR, 2.5% P2P)
Code:
getgovernanceinfo
getsuperblockbudget 30750
At current market rate of $0.009 USD per BBP, next budget is potentially worth $52k

https://www.reddit.com/r/BiblePay/comments/7okhl5/hardware_wallet_support/

togoshigekata

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 05:29:57 PM

FAUCET IS BACK UP!

Awesome!
https://twitter.com/BiblePay/status/950772112893112321
https://www.reddit.com/r/BiblePay/comments/76mqqf/biblepay_faucet_free_bbp_coins_for_registering/

togoshigekata

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 05:39:34 PM

Update on CoinsMarkets I saw before it went down again: https://coinsmarkets.com/trade-BTC-BBP.htm

tiras

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 05:45:17 PM

I think we need to wait at least a few months until our treasury/budget is bigger (worth more).
I believe our next superblock will be 5.7 million BBP coins. (and is split between 10% Charity, 5% IT, 2.5% PR, 2.5% P2P)
Code:
getgovernanceinfo
At current market rate of $0.009 USD per BBP, next budget is potentially worth $52k

IMHO,  we'd better dedicate the budget to entering into a reputable and reliable exchange ATM.
BBP is off the market right now.

BiblePay (BBP) | Reddit - Twitter - Forum - Slack - Discord | C-CEX - CoinsMarkets | Love one another, be a good Samaritan, help those in distress and spread the gospel
616westwarmoth

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 05:55:33 PM

EXPLAIN ALL MINERS THIS
in last 7 days i checked this
2000 miners on pool = results was 52 (24%)
3998 miners on pool = results is 42 (21%)
this is unbelievable

and pool fees 13% is record between coins  Embarrassed  for what you need 13%?

One: It seems likely the botnet is mining again.  There are Monero (XMR) botnets out there and since this coin is CPU only, it's fair to believe botnets will target it too since a malicious botnet operator has nothing to lose by using up your CPU even when coin prices are low.

Two:  You haven't looked to see what the hashrates of those new miners are.  I personally pulled a couple beefy machines off and went solo with them (I still run pool on most) and I know two people that just started on low powered laptops.  My hashrate per machine was about 10x what they are getting since their machines are weak.  Given the amount of attention we're getting with the Masternodes, it's not that hard to imagine that a lot of casual users have come on board, while the high powered users have gone solo to avoid the pool fees.

Three:  The reason for the high pool fees has been explained repeatedly.  There was a security breach and a theft of the pool.  The pool is not run out of the funds of the coin, it is run on the back of the Dev, so even if he made security mistakes that led to the problem, he should not bear the cost of the fix.  Again, the pool is NOT the coin.  In fact, if enough outside pools pop up, I'd highly recommend the Dev stop running the pool, but until that happens he's doing what is best for the coin. 

▄    BIBLEPAY    ▄    The Cryptocurrency for Christians    ▄     BIBLEPAY   
   Reddit      ANN Page      Biblepay Forum  
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
togoshigekata

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 06:01:03 PM

"The faucet is telling me to wait 60 days because I used it last week.
But when I used it last week, it wasn't working, and I didn't get any coins. Smiley
Can my timestamp be reset so that I can use the faucet now?" - /u/Tommah
"My username on the pool is tomtom."
https://www.reddit.com/r/BiblePay/comments/7p87ka/biblepay_faucet_back_up/dsfb4vl/

How many coins does the faucet give out? Id be willing to just send him some coins.

znffal

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 06:40:18 PM

EXPLAIN ALL MINERS THIS
this is unbelievable

One: It seems likely the botnet is mining again.  There are Monero (XMR) botnets out there and since this coin is CPU only, it's fair to believe botnets will target it too since a malicious botnet operator has nothing to lose by using up your CPU even when coin prices are low.

Two:  You haven't looked to see what the hashrates of those new miners are.  I personally pulled a couple beefy machines off and went solo with them (I still run pool on most) and I know two people that just started on low powered laptops.  My hashrate per machine was about 10x what they are getting since their machines are weak.  Given the amount of attention we're getting with the Masternodes, it's not that hard to imagine that a lot of casual users have come on board, while the high powered users have gone solo to avoid the pool fees.

Three:  The reason for the high pool fees has been explained repeatedly.  There was a security breach and a theft of the pool.  The pool is not run out of the funds of the coin, it is run on the back of the Dev, so even if he made security mistakes that led to the problem, he should not bear the cost of the fix.  Again, the pool is NOT the coin.  In fact, if enough outside pools pop up, I'd highly recommend the Dev stop running the pool, but until that happens he's doing what is best for the coin. 

Please excuse my ignorance. What is a botnet? How does it work? Why is it bad for us?

Thanks
znffal

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 06:42:11 PM

"The faucet is telling me to wait 60 days because I used it last week.
But when I used it last week, it wasn't working, and I didn't get any coins. Smiley
Can my timestamp be reset so that I can use the faucet now?" - /u/Tommah
"My username on the pool is tomtom."
https://www.reddit.com/r/BiblePay/comments/7p87ka/biblepay_faucet_back_up/dsfb4vl/

How many coins does the faucet give out? Id be willing to just send him some coins.

I checked, faucet is working and sent me 25 coins.
titovnn

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 06:49:23 PM

the coin is minable, right? will there be minting? or ico? and what is the process of mining? i'm very interested in the topic, but don't really understand how is it all done!
orbis

Activity: 150

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 07:20:03 PM

I've just tried to figure out the hash problem, but I'm not able to make it Smiley
There are many variables and I don't know the exact connections between them.
For example:
1 miner has 1000 hps1 and 30000 hps2.
There is Pool Total HPS: 2 600 000. It is based on hps1 or hps2?
And at the end there is Network hash (explorer.biblepay.org or wallet): 70 000 000 000. It is hps1, or hps2?
I think that there is some problem with decimal point, because there is very big difference between pool hps and network hps.
Rob, will it be problem to give good network hash to "About" pool page?
And maybe with pool percentage Smiley
It will be easier to watch out on it.
orbis

Activity: 150

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 07:23:05 PM

the coin is minable, right? will there be minting? or ico? and what is the process of mining? i'm very interested in the topic, but don't really understand how is it all done!
Hi.
Yes, it  is mineable. No ICO, no premine, no minting. Just mining and masternodes.
Mining is easy to setup. Just look on: https://biblepay.org/#guides-section
616westwarmoth

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 07:46:06 PM

EXPLAIN ALL MINERS THIS
this is unbelievable

Please excuse my ignorance. What is a botnet? How does it work? Why is it bad for us?

Thanks

A botnet is a group of computers that have been taken over (usually via malware) and are controlled by a malicious party.  Some botnets number in the tens of thousands of computers, all controlled by one party to do their bidding.  Primarily they are used to relay spam and for DDoS attacks, but the recent rise of crypto has seen them utilized to mine.  In short, a computer gets infected and the owner doesn't realize it and joins a "party" of other infected computers to do the (by most standards) illegal activity of the controller.

Prior to MN, there was a botnet from China that was hitting this coin, I've not looked at the logs, but it may be the reason for the increase in difficulty as thousands of computers suddenly mining would spike the overall hash rate.

▄    BIBLEPAY    ▄    The Cryptocurrency for Christians    ▄     BIBLEPAY   
   Reddit      ANN Page      Biblepay Forum  
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
znffal

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 07:48:21 PM

A botnet is a group of computers that have been taken over (usually via malware) and are controlled by a malicious party.  Some botnets number in the tens of thousands of computers, all controlled by one party to do their bidding.  Primarily they are used to relay spam and for DDoS attacks, but the recent rise of crypto has seen them utilized to mine.  In short, a computer gets infected and the owner doesn't realize it and joins a "party" of other infected computers to do the (by most standards) illegal activity of the controller.

Prior to MN, there was a botnet from China that was hitting this coin, I've not looked at the logs, but it may be the reason for the increase in difficulty as thousands of computers suddenly mining would spike the overall hash rate.

Thanks for that. I guess that would be pretty hard to detect and stop.
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2018, 07:49:07 PM

Code:
getgovernanceinfo

Plus there are other solutions for good backups other than the ledger.   For one there will be more hardware providers soon, who allow us to type in an ASCII character during setup and then they should work with biblepay.

Other than that, there are other ways to achieve high security.  You can make a new wallet, encrypt it with a long password, send coins to it, put it on a flash drive and put it in cold storage, then download the hard drive cleaning program and erase the wallet.dat sectors from your PC.  And of course, keep a printed copy of the private key on paper and put it in a safe.  Put the usb in the safe also.   Burn a cd rom with the wallet.dat file and put it in the safe.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2018, 07:53:24 PM

FAUCET IS BACK UP!

Very nice! Any idea when the sorting function in pool can be functional? I have to scroll the entire list when adding miners to check if they came online.

You can just go to the Home page and see the miners that are online in the My Miners section, and below it the section "Missing Miners" shows the ones who have hashed before successfully, but have fallen off radar for more than an hour.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
ride22

Activity: 131

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 08:15:11 PM

FAUCET IS BACK UP!

You can just go to the Home page and see the miners that are online in the My Miners section, and below it the section "Missing Miners" shows the ones who have hashed before successfully, but have fallen off radar for more than an hour.

I like that new feature to the pool.

I do have a question, I have been trying to withdraw my coins from the pool, and I keep getting a message to check back later because someone just withdrew a large sum.  I understand you probably have the coins in cold storage, but there has to be a better way to allow people to withdraw.  Going through the process multiple times isn't the most fun.
m4tsby

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 09:25:41 PM

these are all trending, we dont have to rely on a "major" exchange, any working exchange is better than c-cex. I am doing my part on getting applications going / pricing. Good Work BBP team, this project has come a long way and is still built on fundamentals that align with the mission statement of an extension of Christs love and mercy.

gate-io
kucoin
quoine
coss
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2018, 09:52:54 PM

FAUCET IS BACK UP!

I like that new feature to the pool.

I do have a question, I have been trying to withdraw my coins from the pool, and I keep getting a message to check back later because someone just withdrew a large sum.  I understand you probably have the coins in cold storage, but there has to be a better way to allow people to withdraw.  Going through the process multiple times isn't the most fun.

Ok, I relaxed the timing by 80% so it should not be a nuisance now.  It will go away in about 15 days when auto-payments are raised to 50%.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
Pages: « 1 ... 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 [127] 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 ... 844 »
  Print  

Jump to: