Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 09:45:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 ... 196 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [MΣC] Megacoin.co.nz - Forum, Github, Website Now in 18 Languages  (Read 330732 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Xaltotun

Activity: 371
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 02:39:05 AM

Dr kimoto needs to update more frequently.
He should have a twitter or something.

I believe Dr. Kimoto is updating us daily. It's just that he exists outside our space time continuum. I'm thinking he's in a temporal phase shift and it appears to us mere mortals as weekly updates. Perhaps if someone could create a phase inverter we may be able to communicate with him more frequently.

███████▀▄▄███████▄▄
█████▀▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
███▀▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▄▀█
██▀▄███▀██▀▀     ▀▀███▄
██ ███▀           █▄▀███
██▄███             ██▄███
███▄▀   ▄▄███████▄▄ ██ ██
▀█▀▄ ▄█████▀▀▀▀▄▄▄  ██ ██
  █▀▄██▀▀▄▄█████▀▄█▄██ ██
 █▀▄██ █▀▀     ▄██▄███▄█
██ ██ █▀▄███████▀▄███▄█
██ ███ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄███▀ ▀ ▄█
██ ███▀▀█████████▀ ▄█ ███
▀██ ██             ██ ███
█▄██▄▀█           ███ ███
██▄███▄▀▄▄     ▄ ████ ██
███▄▀▀███████▀▀▀▄███ ██
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀▄█▀
█████████████████▀

████▀
█  ███▀  ▀
█  ██▀  ▀
█  █▀  ▀
█  ▀  ▀
█  ▄  ▄
█  █▄  ▄
█  ██▄  ▄
█  ███▄  ▄
    ████▄
||  Ann Thread  ||  Discord  ||  Facebook  ||  Twitter  ||   Github  ||
THE FIRST PYTHON BLOCKCHAIN

▀████
▀  ▀███  █
  ▀  ▀██  █
    ▀  ▀█  █
      ▀  ▀  █
      ▄  ▄  █
    ▄  ▄█  █
  ▄  ▄██  █
▄  ▄███  █
  ▄████
sharknutzz

Activity: 335
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 02:46:06 AM

You know what is interesting, the gap is not filling in nearly as quickly as it used to.

So far this doesn't appear to have the characteristics of a typical pump.

Shocked

One of my friends (VR4mines on ethought's pool), and another one this evening told me they are selling large blocks of Litecoin, and buying MΣC.
Problem is, I don't think there is that much cheap MΣC for sale.  Cool

I like their all-in, right-now approach.

I'm kind of assuming though that they don't trade much?  The big insta-buys are impressive, but personally I think they could have picked up more MEC (likely 10% - 20% more) with smaller buys and a few days-worth of patience.  I'm obviously a huge MEC fan, but realistically I don't see a real reason for a big run at the moment.

Market participants....feel free to show me I'm wrong on this one of course, I won't mind...

Cheesy
bholzer

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

The Murraycoin Project ▪ Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2013, 03:26:15 AM

You know what is interesting, the gap is not filling in nearly as quickly as it used to.

Shocked

One of my friends (VR4mines on ethought's pool), and another one this evening told me they are selling large blocks of Litecoin, and buying MΣC.

I'm kind of assuming though that they don't trade much?  The big insta-buys are impressive, but personally I think they could have picked up more MEC (likely 10% - 20% more) with smaller buys and a few days-worth of patience.  I'm obviously a huge MEC fan, but realistically I don't see a real reason for a big run at the moment.

Market participants....feel free to show me I'm wrong on this one of course, I won't mind...

Cheesy

Odds are you're right...but obviously it's impossible to predict the market exactly. However, time is money and I'd rather miss out on 10% more MEC if it means I just place one order and go back to work.

These prices are a bargain regardless.

murrayCOIN The Only Currency Worthy of the NameBitcointalk Thread BTC: 1KY5kptnac4HLbF9Rn1Y6J8wPrM734db42
vtr99
Legendary

Activity: 1214
Merit: 1000

Never compromise your standards!

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 03:48:01 AM

Shocked

Cheesy

You are correct, neither of them trade much on Cryptsy. They are long term mine and hold investors. I told them months ago to dump Litecoin and invest it in Megacoin, but they thought Litecoin was a better (safer) investment for obvious reasons (back then). They have been mining MEC for some time, but I don't think they took it that seriously until now. I agree with you on the big insta-buys, but they have more money than time, and still have a lot of LTC to sell.
bholzer

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2013, 03:55:01 AM

Shocked

Cheesy

You are correct, neither of them trade much on Cryptsy. They are long term mine and hold investors. I told them months ago to dump Litecoin and invest it in Megacoin, but they thought Litecoin was a better (safer) investment for obvious reasons (back then). They have been mining MEC for some time, but I don't think they took it that seriously until now. I agree with you on the big insta-buys, but they have more money than time, and still have a lot of LTC to sell.

On top of that, it's rare for even my smaller MEC buy orders to get filled unless placed several tiers higher than the lowest sell order. I've had orders for 5000 MEC sit there unfilled for days - very few people are dumping in decent quantities.

murrayCOIN The Only Currency Worthy of the NameBitcointalk Thread BTC: 1KY5kptnac4HLbF9Rn1Y6J8wPrM734db42
vtr99
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 04:05:37 AM

Shocked

Cheesy

Odds are you're right...but obviously it's impossible to predict the market exactly. However, time is money and I'd rather miss out on 10% more MEC if it means I just place one order and go back to work.

These prices are a bargain regardless.

My thoughts exactly. I think it's quite possible we could see a pullback after this small rally, but who knows if, or when it will happen? At some point in the near future we are likely to see the price double and quadruple from here, and never look back. At these prices it's better to get your ticket to ride now, and just wait for the action.
I know there are some cool things coming to Megacoin. Once those are revealed, MEC will be multiples of it's current price.
vtr99
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 04:08:19 AM

Shocked

Cheesy

On top of that, it's rare for even my smaller MEC buy orders to get filled unless placed several tiers higher than the lowest sell order. I've had orders for 5000 MEC sit there unfilled for days - very few people are dumping in decent quantities.

Very true. My good buddy VR4mines hasn't traded much. My advice was to pick a price that will get the order filled before running up the price. Poof, in and out in a flash with the MEC.  Grin
sharknutzz

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 04:36:42 AM

It's all good, I've had good luck getting orders filled, the key seems to be having several smaller-type orders filled for a good price.  Sellers seem to think they're whacking the bid, but they're in fact just dumping into my buys.

I don't see a reason to overpay for anything, unless there is pizza or women involved.   Cheesy
BladeRunner

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

Cheif Oompa Loompa.

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 05:00:34 AM

All the magic happened after the pizza.. Just remember.
sharknutzz

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 05:14:07 AM

Ya, I mentioned pizza hoping you'd catch that.   Grin

Pizza is always the key to a successful crypto.

It's all your fault that people are hoarding MEC    Cheesy
BladeRunner

Activity: 205

Cheif Oompa Loompa.

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 05:22:00 AM

Ya, I mentioned pizza hoping you'd catch that.   Grin

Pizza is always the key to a successful crypto.

It's all your fault that people are hoarding MEC    Cheesy

MMMM... Yummy Pizzza!!
Love to hear stories of people getting out of LTC to get on the MEC train. Wonder when BTC-E will get some MEC. Although I understand that they dont list coins unless there is payola.
ehalvers

Activity: 513

Crypto ehalvers

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 06:29:29 AM

small time miner down? anyone know where I can get info on this?

█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒            
         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓        
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓     
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓  
 █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓ 
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓        ▓▓  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓ 
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓  
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   
         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓        
            █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
Fishcoin
      ▄█▄
    ▄█████▄
  ▄█████████▄
  ███████  ██
  ███████████
  ▀█████████▀
    ▀█████▀
      ███
    ▄█████▄
  ▄█████████▄
  ███▀   ▀███

▄█▄
    ▄█████▄
  ▄█████████▄
  ███████  ██
  ███████████
  ▀█████████▀
    ▀█████▀
      ███
    ▄█████▄
  ▄█████████▄
  ███▀   ▀███
Decentralized Network
 Tokenized Incentive    
 Interoperable Tools       
vtr99
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 06:37:11 AM

"Not Megacoin, but Bitcoin"

WTF  lol....

Why would they single out MEC, or do they know something that we don't know.  Er.... do know...

Grin

Interesting....

Quite honestly I think it's just the tip of the iceberg that Megacoin is just starting to be noticed. I have a feeling you will see a number of real shockers that will make MEC very popular before the year is out.
captainfuture

Activity: 294

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 06:38:24 AM

Our Pool could need more love:

https://coinex.pw/mining/pools/MEC

Wink
ehalvers

Crypto ehalvers

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 06:42:59 AM

Looks like smalltimeminer is back up  Grin join up over here, been great for me  Smiley

█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒            
         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓        
         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓        
            █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
Fishcoin
      ▄█▄
    ▄█████▄
  ▄█████████▄
  ███████  ██
  ███████████
  ▀█████████▀
    ▀█████▀
      ███
    ▄█████▄
  ▄█████████▄
  ███▀   ▀███

▄█▄
    ▄█████▄
  ▄█████████▄
  ███████  ██
  ███████████
  ▀█████████▀
    ▀█████▀
      ███
    ▄█████▄
  ▄█████████▄
  ███▀   ▀███
Decentralized Network
 Tokenized Incentive    
 Interoperable Tools       
bitbbs

Activity: 128

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 06:43:19 AM

small time miner down? anyone know where I can get info on this?

I just tried it. It seems to work.  Smiley
wizzardTim
Legendary

Activity: 1708

Reality is stranger than fiction

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 06:43:35 AM

Looks like smalltimeminer is back up  Grin join up over here, been great for me  Smiley

I  mine in there too Sad

Behold the Tangle Mysteries! Dare to know It's truth.

- Excerpt from the IOTA Sacred Texts Vol. I
vtr99
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 06:43:42 AM

Our Pool could need more love:

https://coinex.pw/mining/pools/MEC

Wink

How many MEC hashes are you guys kicking out?

Lazy me, I see your pool looks pretty healthy.
ehalvers

Crypto ehalvers

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 07:13:43 AM

Yeah, even with the hit-n-run pools spiking the difficulty like crazy we still manage to grab a few blocks.  Cheesy

█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒            
         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓        
         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓        
            █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
Fishcoin
      ▄█▄
    ▄█████▄
  ▄█████████▄
  ███████  ██
  ███████████
  ▀█████████▀
    ▀█████▀
      ███
    ▄█████▄
  ▄█████████▄
  ███▀   ▀███

▄█▄
    ▄█████▄
  ▄█████████▄
  ███████  ██
  ███████████
  ▀█████████▀
    ▀█████▀
      ███
    ▄█████▄
  ▄█████████▄
  ███▀   ▀███
Decentralized Network
 Tokenized Incentive    
 Interoperable Tools       
bholzer

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2013, 07:17:37 AM

Yeah, even with the hit-n-run pools spiking the difficulty like crazy we still manage to grab a few blocks.  Cheesy

It's so pointless for the hit-n-run pools to continue keeping MegaCoin in the rotation. They mine it for a split second...the difficulty reacts quickly and they move on. All it does is screw up the difficulty briefly from time-to-time. Luckily things correct quickly...but it's just inconsiderate at this point as there isn't really anything for them to gain. They would be better off mining whatever they were mining before they switched.

Pages: « 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 ... 196 »
  Print  

Jump to: