Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:14:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 166 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] Sphere - Decentralized Social Networking >200,000 users  (Read 46899 times)
kraterion

Activity: 616
Merit: 145

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 11:33:39 AM

How the marketplace will work, it will be a thing like SOMA where you get rewards with tokens to push your friends' goods?

I don't think you need to push something here. It will probably be a classic marketplace where you can just buy and sell stuff, within one social network, so you don't need to waste time on registering and selling it somewhere else. You'll be able to pay for it with Sphere token, I'm not sure however if you'll get any additional rewards on marketplace.

Better because one of my concern with SOMA was that you can just go an pay a huge group to push your products which is unfair to other sellers

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
the_donald

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 11:37:39 AM

How the marketplace will work, it will be a thing like SOMA where you get rewards with tokens to push your friends' goods?

I don't think you need to push something here. It will probably be a classic marketplace where you can just buy and sell stuff, within one social network, so you don't need to waste time on registering and selling it somewhere else. You'll be able to pay for it with Sphere token, I'm not sure however if you'll get any additional rewards on marketplace.

Better because one of my concern with SOMA was that you can just go an pay a huge group to push your products which is unfair to other sellers

that happens even on amazon with sponsored content when you search. it's a natural way for the store to make some money.

jonnytracker

Activity: 672
Merit: 261

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 11:46:08 AM

Decentralized adverting on the blockchain on Sphere? Ok why not  Smiley

They can make partnerships with decentralized advertising platforms. Like adbank.

So if you post a picture on facebook it becomes their property. My god I did not know that  Huh

If its still so, when nyou register you have to agree to that wall of crap nobody ever read.

Actually more i think about this project i realize it can be huge. But it needs to be executed perfectly. I have utmost trust to sphere team to do so.

Wasn't also BAT aiming to the ad market? I strongly here btw, in the present and especially in the future, these projects need to collaborate with each other in order to create a strong crypto ecosystem

Agreed, some of the projects already has many similar services, why no collaborate of team up together to create bigger market.
nniecan001

Activity: 322
Merit: 21

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 11:46:21 AM

where will user info be stored? what if I delete my account from the sphere, would it be deleted from the DB also?

that's actually a great question. on facebook your pics won't be deleted even if you delete the account. they'll still be stored on their servers.

Yes, it is one of the annoying parts of facebook.

You can't delete you account you can only freeze it. And even some people die, you just can't delete his page too.
I think in the Sphere is also impossible to delete the history. It will be written in stored in the chain. And about the profile deletion an interesting question.
I agree that Facebook, despite its popularity, has many disadvantages - one of them, I don't like pop-up dialog boxes. Sphere can be good alternative.
Well, i heard that if you put something on the internet, it will stay there.

It sure is with facebook, anything you post there is stored forever and sold to many many companies.

I dont know if its still like that, but also your pictures. Somebody could buy it and use it to advertise anything

So if you post a picture on facebook it becomes their property. My god I did not know that  Huh

If its still so, when nyou register you have to agree to that wall of crap nobody ever read.
But the wall of crap you said it the part of the business which is important if you give attention to read it. Many people think that its the same like others that's why they didn't want to read it.
MandatoryOption

Activity: 546
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 11:49:00 AM

My concern is more regarding the audience you can reach when you sell your products. According to the whitepaper "the marketplace will allow users to create products which followers and friends can see and purchase using their SAT". If only friends and followers can see and buy your product, I am not sure if it will be enough.
nniecan001

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 11:49:34 AM

They can make partnerships with decentralized advertising platforms. Like adbank.

I never heard of Adbank before. What are they doing and how can it be a good partnership for Sphere?
I try to find out what is Adbank that you've said on the previous comment. Maybe this link can help you https://adbank.network/. Just adding some useful information.
pynetx

Activity: 798
Merit: 262

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 11:56:47 AM

Its a decentralized social networking so it might run on a smart contract or, it would be best if they can run it on their own blockchain if they are planning to develop it.

that would be best considering how clogged the Ethereum network gets with kitties.

Agreed, you can not rely on other networks as everything in blockchain is still in a very experimental phase

They are constantly trying to improve ethereum blockchain but also there is more and more project using it heavily. It is a race currently and hoping ethereum network will win but if not, there is more blockchains letting smart contract so won't be a problem for the sphere.

There are just too many new tokens weekly and this is clogging the network heavily. I dont think they planned it to be so wildly used so i my opinion they are doing good considering the circumstances.

Yes, there are a lot of new tokens generated recently and under the recent Kitties hype, we saw that the Ethereum blockchain has its problems. But I am still a huge fan of it and Vitalik set the whole scaling problem as the main priority. Maybe they can come up with Sharding in 2018 to further improve the Ethereum blockchain.

They are still working on it and with the introduction of casper protocol most of the things will be taken care of.
SEELE^^01

Activity: 952
Merit: 137

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 12:10:06 PM

Its a decentralized social networking so it might run on a smart contract or, it would be best if they can run it on their own blockchain if they are planning to develop it.

that would be best considering how clogged the Ethereum network gets with kitties.

Agreed, you can not rely on other networks as everything in blockchain is still in a very experimental phase

They are constantly trying to improve ethereum blockchain but also there is more and more project using it heavily. It is a race currently and hoping ethereum network will win but if not, there is more blockchains letting smart contract so won't be a problem for the sphere.

There are just too many new tokens weekly and this is clogging the network heavily. I dont think they planned it to be so wildly used so i my opinion they are doing good considering the circumstances.

Yes, there are a lot of new tokens generated recently and under the recent Kitties hype, we saw that the Ethereum blockchain has its problems. But I am still a huge fan of it and Vitalik set the whole scaling problem as the main priority. Maybe they can come up with Sharding in 2018 to further improve the Ethereum blockchain.

They are still working on it and with the introduction of casper protocol most of the things will be taken care of.

and i bet, even after the implementation of the casper protocol, another crypto kitties like shit will rise and clog the network again Smiley
cantdecide

Activity: 336
Merit: 112

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 12:11:24 PM

My concern is more regarding the audience you can reach when you sell your products. According to the whitepaper "the marketplace will allow users to create products which followers and friends can see and purchase using their SAT". If only friends and followers can see and buy your product, I am not sure if it will be enough.

That's true. Hopefully they will do something regarding this, as in the most cases not friends but people you don't know buy stuff from this kind of marketplaces.
Maybe something like selling groups or a complete integrated marketplace like "ebay" or stuff, where you can search, maybe also search for stuff in your area etc.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
weekofcrypto

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2017, 12:15:55 PM

So if you post a picture on facebook it becomes their property. My god I did not know that  Huh

Actually more i think about this project i realize it can be huge. But it needs to be executed perfectly. I have utmost trust to sphere team to do so.

Wasn't also BAT aiming to the ad market? I strongly here btw, in the present and especially in the future, these projects need to collaborate with each other in order to create a strong crypto ecosystem

Yes BAT is part of the Brace browser and I think was going to be used for advertisers on that browser.

bitcoinbulk

Activity: 280

Ternion | Hybrid Crypto Exchange with fiat gateway

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2017, 12:23:53 PM

I get that this kind of social network is more secure and all, but can I ask what your token will be used for? It's just a social feature or there's more about that?

In the website says: These Social Activity Tokens are used throughout the system to facilitate transactions within the decentralized social network.

But there is no detail

That's what I don't get, transactions for what? Tips and things like those? Because there's already a crypto for social networks, it's SEND

I hope this explanation will help kraterion:

There are several benefits you can get from owning SAT tokens. These are as follows:

You Can Use Them For Social Interactions
That’s because it is the SAT token that the Sphere decentralized system uses to facilitate transactions.

The Token Is ERC20 Compliant
This means that you can use these tokens to earn dividends as Sphere grows in value.

Sphere don't pay dividends. It's never been in their whitepaper but mistakenly was on their website. Now it has been replaced with "rewards". 

Mistakenly on their website? How can you make a mistake like that? Anyways, thank you for clearing this up. I think other ICO sites also posted about the dividend, because I remember I read it a couple of times. Hopefully Sphere can contact them to adjust the info

I don't think it's that big of a mistake. Depending on the language I would think rewards could easily be mistaken for dividends. People improperly use words all the time.

cmg12

Activity: 280
Merit: 106

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 01:03:13 PM

I get that this kind of social network is more secure and all, but can I ask what your token will be used for? It's just a social feature or there's more about that?

In the website says: These Social Activity Tokens are used throughout the system to facilitate transactions within the decentralized social network.

But there is no detail

That's what I don't get, transactions for what? Tips and things like those? Because there's already a crypto for social networks, it's SEND

There are several benefits you can get from owning SAT tokens. These are as follows:

That’s because it is the SAT token that the Sphere decentralized system uses to facilitate transactions.

This means that you can use these tokens to earn dividends as Sphere grows in value.

Sphere don't pay dividends. It's never been in their whitepaper but mistakenly was on their website. Now it has been replaced with "rewards". 

Mistakenly on their website? How can you make a mistake like that? Anyways, thank you for clearing this up. I think other ICO sites also posted about the dividend, because I remember I read it a couple of times. Hopefully Sphere can contact them to adjust the info

I don't think it's that big of a mistake. Depending on the language I would think rewards could easily be mistaken for dividends. People improperly use words all the time.
I can understand much but how someone can mistake rewards with dividends - this is totally different thing  Wink
BY_ATOM

Activity: 406
Merit: 107

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2017, 01:41:47 PM

But there is no detail

I can understand much but how someone can mistake rewards with dividends - this is totally different thing  Wink
Don't be categorical. I think it's to do with the inaccuracy of the translation. And this bug is now fixed. But I agree with you that dividends are much nicer awards.

KryptoTark

Activity: 98

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 01:47:29 PM

How much is sphere looking to raise from the ICO?

And I'd also like to be reminded, was sphere planning to have their own blockchain, or will they be dependent on etherium network?

thanks

wonderfullife

Activity: 168

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 01:54:56 PM

Sphere did a good work with the marketing. So many users had free coins. It means that Sphere built a big big community and we all know that the community in crypto like everywhere is an important thing. I don't speak about what you wanna achieve but let's be honest you already have achieve one goal for me. A very important point for investors and the sustainability  of your project : to be able to built a community and this before the launch of your business. Good job Wink
belechau

Activity: 686

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 01:59:31 PM

Sphere did a good work with the marketing. So many users had free coins. It means that Sphere built a big big community and we all know that the community in crypto like everywhere is an important thing. I don't speak about what you wanna achieve but let's be honest you already have achieve one goal for me. A very important point for investors and the sustainability  of your project : to be able to built a community and this before the launch of your business. Good job Wink
Actually they presented something great during this period, and there is still a lot to present to get us excited, surely there will be a lot of people watching in this moment of falling big currencies, an excellent opportunity to make applications and maintain their assets
nniecan001

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 02:02:17 PM

But there is no detail

Sometimes wrong moves happen, you need to response it and solve the problem as soon as possible. No one is perfect for sure, even the large company fall sometimes.

I think its just a honest mistake and glad to know that its been clarified already before it could do confusion that anyone.
Good thinking about this issue, negative mark can be useful tool in the future ideal. By converting it to positive set of mind.
KryptoTark

Activity: 98

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 02:02:38 PM

That is true my friend. There cant be a successful decentralized system without community members. Community and developers are like two sticks leaning against each other. You remove one, the other will fall as well.

Techmozz

Activity: 133
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 02:04:49 PM

Good luck with this one!
Looks promising imo
nniecan001

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 02:06:59 PM

That is true my friend. There cant be a successful decentralized system without community members. Community and developers are like two sticks leaning against each other. You remove one, the other will fall as well.

It talk about the white and blue collar kind of person. Harmony is in demand to survive the vision of Sphere, about how to interact as well.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 166 »
  Print  

Jump to: