Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 10:33:37 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Have You Been Scammed?  (Read 3438 times)
athanz88

Activity: 476
Merit: 359

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 03:13:40 PM

I just came over from the 'Investor Games' subforum (hope I got that right). A guy there said he came across a site asking to double his bitcoin, he paid in $20 and got $40 the following day or so. He then went for a higher plan of $300 hoping to cash out $600 but they asked him to pay in another $300 before cashing out. He got confused and was asking for advice.

I think I've been there before. Before I became a forum member. I once came across one of those scam sites promising to generate bitcoins. Thought it was real, but when they asked me to pay some transaction fee, I was stuck. I had no money to pay the fee. With the benefit of hindsight, I know I'd have sent them the 'transaction fee' had I had the coins to send them.

Now, what have been your experience with internet scams?
How do we help people not to get scammed?

Wow, talk about scammed, I have experienced a lot of scam things, here goes the list I can remember off, including other cryptocurrencies things :
1. Scammed by some internet making money Ponzi scheme. Checked. It was at 2013.
2. Scammed at buying guitar online. The guitar never came. It was at 2013 too.
3. Scammed in an online game  so many times. Last time I got scammed last month.
With all this experience, luckily i didnt got scammed on bitcoin yet, heck i dont want that to happen. I will learn from that experience and try not to got scammed at this world.
Funny thing is i wanted to try the game what you stated but i smell it kinda fishy, so i didnt play it.
The best thing to get away from scam are, dont trust online people 100%, and if it is too good to be true it has a 99,99% chance to be a scam. Thats what i suggest to myself now.
Drakula

Activity: 421
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 03:17:28 PM

Never, a single  cent , because I'm cautious while trading always use bitrated is very good way to be safe while exchange.
Me too, I have never been scammed. Even before, I have a trust issues especially when it comes to money so it took time before I join here in Bitcoin. And when I joined in signature campaign and trading as well, I always make sure that i'm being careful.
quocsi

Activity: 360
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 03:31:12 PM

The value of bitcoin is increasing. Cheating to steal your wallet is increasing. I was cheated. They send me a message saying that your wallet must be updated instead of you can lose wallet. And I was fooled and lost my wallet. You have to be careful with the scams

leisha

Activity: 105

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 03:33:01 PM

I have been trying to earn more bitcoins so I tried a lot of websites which are saying that they will generate or give bitcoins as a present but most of them requires me to pay or some did not really given me bitcoins.  I also joined an ICO and it took six months (I think) to be on the exchanges and I just waited a low price coin. From my experiences, I have learned that I should be careful and wise. I should think thrice when joining an ICO and should not be fooled by those sites that will generate or give bitcoins because those are scams. Even I can't tell whether it is a scam or not,  I can say that being careful and wise will not make getting scammed again.

[ N O M I N E X ]     EXCHANGE     ◥      telegram     ► facebook     ► twitter
(❪   WIN 1000 USDT   ❫)        in        T R A D E R S   C O M P E T I T I O N
███ Create account ███ [ REF. CAMP. ] Nominex Binary Affiliate Program
adiksau0414

Activity: 462

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 03:56:14 PM

Is this about being scam in general? As of now, did not experience anything like that. I am playing safe. As a new in trading and in the world of cryptos, i am trying not to release a single cents in any investments. Its not that i am afraid of losing money but i am afraid that i will use it to something that not legit and benefit all the money they hot from.that scam. Thats why i want to earn my bitcoin in joining campaign. (also in bounty). I hope it will not happen to me (i think its so scary). But, if about hacked account, i am one victim of it. They stole all my token in myetherwallet. It was a terrible feeling, what more if ive been scam.

Boseda

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 04:07:26 PM

No, never been scammed so far. I suggest you to not invest in HYIPs and cloud mining platform because they are all scam that will end up to steal your money.
Lintel

Activity: 638
Merit: 300

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 04:25:43 PM

I just came over from the 'Investor Games' subforum (hope I got that right). A guy there said he came across a site asking to double his bitcoin, he paid in $20 and got $40 the following day or so. He then went for a higher plan of $300 hoping to cash out $600 but they asked him to pay in another $300 before cashing out. He got confused and was asking for advice.

I think I've been there before. Before I became a forum member. I once came across one of those scam sites promising to generate bitcoins. Thought it was real, but when they asked me to pay some transaction fee, I was stuck. I had no money to pay the fee. With the benefit of hindsight, I know I'd have sent them the 'transaction fee' had I had the coins to send them.

Yes,I do. I had an experienced being scammed by networking. It was like you will deposit money and  bring two friends to join .. and if your two friends recruited 2 other friends, you will be paid like 70 percent of the money you have deposited but at the end only two of us in 15 people that in the pyramid had been paid. And the scammer who is the founder of that internet scam had been jailed. So my advise for is to be observant and make sure to do your research before joining anything online. At first I thought bitcoin is alwo a scam but I found out from my cousin that it is legit.
wildflower18

Activity: 714

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 04:31:18 PM

No, never been scammed so far. I suggest you to not invest in HYIPs and cloud mining platform because they are all scam that will end up to steal your money.
Hyips intend to scam users or investors because Ive been scam on this. Better not to suggest things like this to invest in hyips or ponzi scheme. It has proven many times by the users thay got scam also.

JACS|JUST ANOTHER
COMMUNICATIONS
STACK
██     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██
████████████ █▄
████████████ ███▄
████████████ █████▄
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
███████████ ██ ████████████
███████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀██████████
████████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀████████
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████████
█████████   ████    ███████
████████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄█████████
███████████ ██ ████████████
█████▄    ███████▀    ▄████
███████    █████▀    ██████
███████     ███▀     ██████
███████ █    █▀ █    ██████
███████ ██     ██    ██████
███████ ███   ███    ██████
█████▀   ▀██ ███▀    ▀█████
█████▀               ▀█████
████▌                 ▐████
████       ██▄▄        ████
████       ██████      ████
████       ██▀▀        ████
████▌                 ▐████
█████▄               ▄█████
johnpaul12

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 04:36:54 PM

Well, As for now. I'm not yet been scammed by the scammers. Because i'm just a newbie here. but my friend told me to be careful because there are so many scammers out there that can make me the victim of their bad things. Always be aware on everything that could happen. "Never trust anyone" they said.
marcuslong
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 04:43:30 PM

Hyips intend to scam users or investors because Ive been scam on this. Better not to suggest things like this to invest in hyips or ponzi scheme. It has proven many times by the users thay got scam also.
Hyip or cloud mining is literal scammed if you see the referral bonuses you will realize that it is lalready scammed because the promises they offer to those investors i've been scammed before in hyip 2 bitcoin if i hold it now maybe im rich which is million in my country already i realize that bitcoin is not only money but for my future i love it when im receiving bitcoin in my wallet anyway

Activity: 331

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 04:59:23 PM

Yes, I've been, only once and now, having fear of doing investing in some untrusted site. And being traumatize in what already happened. But now trying to face my fear because I need to earn money for extra allowance. And being wise in here is needed now.

▄▄
 ▄▄        ▄▄██▄▄         ▄▄
████████████████████████████
███████████████████▀░░▀█████
██████████░░░░░░░░░░██░█████
█░░▀█████░░████████▄░░▄█████
 ░█░░░░░░░██████████████████
 ░░▄████████░░████████░░░░█
  █████████░██░░░░░░░░░██░█
   █████████░░░████████░░█
    ░░░░░░███████████████
     ████░░█████▀░░▀████
      ████░░░░░░░░██░██
       ██████████▄░░▄█
         ███████████
           ███████
             ███
SECURYPTO|  MONETIZING ANONYMOUS 
   CONTENT DISTRIBUTION   
|JOIN NOW
     AIR DROP!
|
FOLLOW
US ON:

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
     ████▀▀▀▀
     ███
     ███
  ██████████
  ██████████
     ███
     ███
     ███
     ███
     ███
     ███
|
WHITEPAPER
GITHUB
YOUTUBE
REDDIT
cryptocent94

Activity: 53

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 05:05:33 PM

No
I make sure I do open unusual mails or links asking me to click I would rather copy and paste to browsers to avoid malicious attack
Soots

Activity: 1050
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 04:12:43 AM

As of this moment, I didn't experienced to be scammed which, as long as my private information should secured always. Scammers here in social media are uncontrollable that they do their very best to do such bad doings. Also, scammers are everywhere once you enter in the social media javing their fake websites that looks like convincing and promising ,asking your private informations which in the end you already scammed and you didn't know that your account was totally zero balanced. Hopefully all of us must aware on that possible situation.
cancuncrypto

Activity: 22

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 04:33:12 AM

I got messed out of it for a little when I sold some Ethereum to somebody after doing multiple successful transactions. Unfortunately this time it didnt go well, I got my money back after a long appeals process (so lost the profit I could've made, lost time, and had my trading account striked for a bit of time due to this) and after that I put up my guard x10.
weblouartisan

Activity: 448

Lets Go Adab

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 04:38:28 AM

Yes i am but not really scammed, Maybe i just unintentionally reveal my self. I am using myetherwallet to save up my bitcoins and hold it for long to earn more profit in the future but there are hackers who are creating phishing site for you to reveal your self and get some of your coins.

Urbaan

Activity: 7

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 05:39:38 PM

Yes. In bounty campaigns. Some campaigns turned out to be real and some are scams.
Yes I have been scammed by different crypto in past which waste my time and money when there was no bitcoin so I was using some other crypto but they all were useless so then I left all of them when [Suspicious link removed]ived to market and now I have more than five years that I’m using bitcoin and it’s only the bitcoin which return me bake all my lose which I did in other crypto so I will must say thanks to bitcoin whatever bitcoin did for me.
Sowik

Activity: 532
Merit: 327

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 06:22:58 PM

Yup, I have been. One of my Steam accs was stolen but I managed to get it back thru the Steam support. Took me 2 weeks tho.
White Christmas

Activity: 882
Merit: 258

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 06:25:55 PM

I did but when I was younger, playing a video game called MU, nowdays I  exchange using trustwhorty websites or individuals.
Yes in investment. I thought it was just $200 but as the time goes by it turns into $1300 until I didnt get it back. The only thing that I did that time was to accept and move on because there are no more ways to get back my money to me. It became a lesson to me so I will not to do it again. Now I became more careful on where I spent My bitcoins.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
anthinguy21

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 06:35:05 PM

I never being scammed before cause I don't believe in any kind of double the amount of Bitcoin in just a day, I can say that all of them are scam so don' waste your money in this kind of investment Smiley). Beside I always use escrow when I wanna make a deal with member in this forum or out of this forum.

Yzhel

Activity: 325

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 06:38:49 PM

I never being scammed before cause I don't believe in any kind of double the amount of Bitcoin in just a day, I can say that all of them are scam so don' waste your money in this kind of investment Smiley). Beside I always use escrow when I wanna make a deal with member in this forum or out of this forum.
I have not yet scammed since I am making sure that whatever thing that I am doing, I am making sure that I have no doubt about it, and I don't want to trust someone even my friend and relative especially when it comes to investing money, I investigate and seek question from my colleagues if they have backgound or news about it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: