Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 11:47:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Have You Been Scammed?  (Read 3438 times)
tamarindbleu

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 02:11:51 PM

I just came over from the 'Investor Games' subforum (hope I got that right). A guy there said he came across a site asking to double his bitcoin, he paid in $20 and got $40 the following day or so. He then went for a higher plan of $300 hoping to cash out $600 but they asked him to pay in another $300 before cashing out. He got confused and was asking for advice.

I think I've been there before. Before I became a forum member. I once came across one of those scam sites promising to generate bitcoins. Thought it was real, but when they asked me to pay some transaction fee, I was stuck. I had no money to pay the fee. With the benefit of hindsight, I know I'd have sent them the 'transaction fee' had I had the coins to send them.

Now, what have been your experience with internet scams?
How do we help people not to get scammed?

I've been scammed, actually it already happened to me twice last month. And of course, i can't do anything because it already happened. It's just sad  because all you hard works turn into nothing. I wonder why do people like that, do that? I mean actually you don't need to stole or deceive anyone.
blackbutterfly

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 02:37:55 PM

I just came over from the 'Investor Games' subforum (hope I got that right). A guy there said he came across a site asking to double his bitcoin, he paid in $20 and got $40 the following day or so. He then went for a higher plan of $300 hoping to cash out $600 but they asked him to pay in another $300 before cashing out. He got confused and was asking for advice.

I think I've been there before. Before I became a forum member. I once came across one of those scam sites promising to generate bitcoins. Thought it was real, but when they asked me to pay some transaction fee, I was stuck. I had no money to pay the fee. With the benefit of hindsight, I know I'd have sent them the 'transaction fee' had I had the coins to send them.

Yes!I've been already scammed,1 year ago through internet.I invest then at the first time It's ok.in the second I doubled my invest and then there's no coming back.so that's the first time I experienced scammed.but this time in bitcoin,I am very sure of this,why?because you don't have to invest anything,you can only use your brain to do it.your opinion is only your capital to work on it.that's why I am one of the bitcoin users now.

Garret44eza

Activity: 92
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 03:37:27 PM

All of this means that the only way bitcoin can be stolen is for a thief to trick you—or a third party you ... All of a sudden the company vanishes, often afte
trumper

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2018, 03:44:49 PM

I could be scammed but I was not scammed, actually it all depends, most people could be scammed, they all give this chance to scammers but some are lucky some not.

rudox

Activity: 476

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 03:51:58 PM

Scammers are always there in the internet and they good in their games. They will always paint it to look enticing and in you enter and sometime before the due time the site will fold or the will be an issues that burst out which will force the website to close. There ends your money.                                                                                                                       

Hotel_Prodeo

Activity: 588
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 04:16:43 PM

Scammers are always there in the internet and they good in their games. They will always paint it to look enticing and in you enter and sometime before the due time the site will fold or the will be an issues that burst out which will force the website to close. There ends your money.                                                                                                                       

We have to learn from experience, I am often exposed to scam and the last is a cloud mining investment that uses bitcoin and ethereum, the easiest thing we use whether the scam or not is whether the site makes sense and reliable? if we are in doubt then leave immediately.

OOOBTC.com

▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬

Bounty
heroic25

Activity: 73

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 04:24:27 PM

yes I have been scammed by a site actually it was like a faucet paying high payout with threshold with very good graphics like games I worked to get some satoshi but when I reached to threshold website is not opened on my laptop and again after some time I saw that website means they are scam so everyone before working hard kindly do your research every time and be updated.

earn 24/7 by writing captchas online http://bit.ly/2FkQeTp
mukuro04

Activity: 61
Merit: 5

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 04:29:38 PM

On my end yes i have been scammed in promotions. Your expecting for a pay but they are gone like bubbles in the pay out date. But mostly on click bait so im a little paranoid on links especially when they say you can earn from it
SadEmo

Activity: 154

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 04:31:32 PM

I have never been scammed because i'm using few easy tips:
1.Never dowloading anything i don't trust
2.Never clicking on link because of phising
3.Using different passwords
jayes

Activity: 75

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 10:25:27 PM

Yes, I have scammed many times. The "Wheels Fargo" the "Gold Quest" which also encourage to double the amount but unfortunately suddenly vanished away.
slyfox

Activity: 350

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 09:08:26 PM

Scammers are very good at tempting users with something they know they want and then they take advantage of people that due to greed or ignorance do not know better and then,lose their money to scammers, then these people claim that bitcoin is a scam and this slows down adoption so scammers are really a pest against bitcoin and it users.
freshm4ker

Activity: 726
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 10:32:54 PM

For me faced a fraud a few days ago. It's very dangerous to get caught in a trap and make big losses. To avoid this kind of fraud, always skip this kind of offer and do not be greedy if you get any offers. Before you use any website you can discuss with experts. Cool
s31joemhar

Activity: 602
Merit: 258

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 06:48:07 PM

No, I never experienced to be scammed, because I am a wise person. I always think all things that I need to consider in all circumstances from this so that I can be able to avoid all risk and scammed that I may faced.
xDispeLme

Activity: 322
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 07:30:21 PM

I invested in about 5 projects, so far the bench was not)just selected good! but the bounty was led by the projects,some of them were Scam,but really not very much
Matteo.b

Activity: 356

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 01:53:48 PM

Yes and im so sad because this is my first bounty joining tthis is my first experience to join in bounty and im so sad but this is not to way to stop me to join other county projectin i always careful to choose a good bounty
xSkylarx

Activity: 2352
Merit: 594

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2018, 02:34:51 PM

Yes and im so sad because this is my first bounty joining tthis is my first experience to join in bounty and im so sad but this is not to way to stop me to join other county projectin i always careful to choose a good bounty

The first time I've been here in this cryptocurrency world is the first time that I've been scammed, but that just happened only once, I've learned my lesson. I guess we all have been scammed in different ways, in different amount of money, but I hope that we learned from it, because if we are not, then we are just going to repeat what just happened, scammers will always target us if we are going to be naïve in this world.
Iamdavid

Activity: 70

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 04:18:39 PM

so far,i have not been scammed on the issue of bitcoin..

i use to believe its a scam when i first heard of it some years back which is the reason i didnt take it seriously then but now i have confirmed its authenticity.
resty

Activity: 501
Merit: 147

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 04:55:19 PM

Scams are became more easy to initiate because of the internet. Also,larger groups can be involve given the fact that it reached a lot of people. Actually, even here in the forum scam is taking place. There are some ICO's here that very active in the beginning and as the project runs, the campaign manager can't contact its owner and worse doesn't give any necessary payment. Even those trusted campaign managers are being scammed by those projects.
sungaiyangderas

Activity: 158

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 10:15:30 AM

Let's get used to investing in corporate investments. Because when we invest, we definitely need a referral so we can produce more. And here we start referring people without knowing this confusion. So let's start with ourselves about avoiding what we know about scam investing.
1C6fV5DtakfKANLJ8GUV7hCaA

Activity: 462
Merit: 104

Crypto Marketer For Whales

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2018, 10:19:40 AM

I've been scammed. There are a lot of cryptocurrency scams out there specially the lending sites. They only earn from referrals.

Buy Reddit Accounts & Upvotes
Discord: Playerup#6929
Telegram: @redditfactory
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: