Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:47:17 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 ... 121 »
  Print  
Author Topic: -- Miner's Official Coin LAUNCH - NUGGETS (NUGS) --  (Read 121484 times)
Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2013, 01:01:01 PM

I just went through the code: https://github.com/nuggets-project/nuggets/commit/e8094777d4729c5874e55633e4170d953ad4d88a
So all the premines and current coins are no longer valid
Blocks 1 and 2 have now 0 reward
But the merkleroot is hard coded so the new code is still buggy right...?

But no one, except maybe the blackmailer, is running that code.

All the nodes actually running seemed to be running the version I quoted in my previous post.

Though as soon as he gets this new code he has on github now compiled and running maybe I will finally start to see conflicting nodes out there... his.

-MarkM-

It's r3, that's his MO.  He held my coins hostage 2 days refusing to give them to me.  It was crazy, he was acting like it was his coin.  This is 100% that idiot r3.

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2013, 01:02:49 PM

For the 4th time.  Can anybody tell me why he would commit a crime to get such a new and troubled and near dead coin?  Why?  There's lots of dead coins he could have stolen with ease. 

Anybody?

Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2013, 01:05:33 PM

I'm going to bed.  r3 should probably start moving, preferably, Mexico.

Pump and dumper of the year.  Darwin Award of the year.  Sshhasssa.

I just remembered he offered to buy this coin off me the first day.

He saw something on this coin he liked.

What?  I told him it wasn't for sale?  Why would he wanna buy this coin when it was failing?

Can't any of you see what this idiot is seeing so badly that he's willing to go to prison for it?  

markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2013, 01:07:33 PM

Maybe he is a Tor user, so that neither this forum nor github knows his actual IP address, so he feels untouchable?

Maybe he is just pulling your chain, feeding your delusions, pretending to be the kind of person you kept trying to portray he/she/it as, while actually having fixed your coin and kept it running for you all this time?

Where did the gender pronoun come from, for that matter? Is anything known about the organic peripheral the IP address the posts and github operations are done from uses as its pseudorandom input generator or Turing keystrokes generator or whatever?

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1255

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 01:10:45 PM

I just went through the code: https://github.com/nuggets-project/nuggets/commit/e8094777d4729c5874e55633e4170d953ad4d88a

But no one, except maybe the blackmailer, is running that code.

All the nodes actually running seemed to be running the version I quoted in my previous post.

Though as soon as he gets this new code he has on github now compiled and running maybe I will finally start to see conflicting nodes out there... his.

-MarkM-
Yes I was only wondering about his client
I hope he'll fix it before releasing a binary

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2013, 01:15:07 PM

A binary for what platform?

The github already stated non intent/ability to compile for Windows. Do you think they are using Mac, maybe?

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
AgentME

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 01:17:09 PM

Maybe he is a Tor user, so that neither this forum nor github knows his actual IP address, so he feels untouchable?

I kinda hope this is the case just so that this entertaining drama can continue.
jackjack
Legendary

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 01:18:20 PM

A binary for what platform?

The github already stated non intent/ability to compile for Windows. Do you think they are using Mac, maybe?

-MarkM-

For all platforms
Who 'they'? The hijacker can compile and put links in readme.md

I kinda hope this is the case just so that this entertaining drama can continue.
Implying Vlad actually did anything

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2013, 01:20:37 PM

So far there still does not seem to be any hijacking happening, the chain still seems to be rolling smoothly along with the fix that was published way back before block 250 first happened... Is there any sign that block 250 happened more than once?

-MarkM-

hotcoldcoin

Activity: 98

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 01:22:08 PM

Needs more dramah.   Whoever controls the github repo:

Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2013, 01:22:35 PM

He stole 3 million of the premine and quickly opened up that exchange and dumped all now coins.  Now he's acting like a Nero making me look and when I haven't sold a single coin and am using mine as bounties.

He's just trying to do a mother pump and dump while trying to look like a Nero but slipped up.

Shakezula knows his wallet ID I asked him bit no response zi mi betting anything he dumped every coin on his own exchanged. And if he's that clever watch with this fork he'll find a way to grab a bunch more coins and fund them again.  He lied that only half the premine went through . He stole 3 million coins and gave me 1.1 million for bounties.  What a sick bastard.

Can't somebody here get in my repo file and block him out?  This is criminal.  Isn't anybody at bitcointalk in charge of this kind of criminal behavior?  This is absurd.

AgentME

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 01:25:01 PM

So far there still does not seem to be any hijacking happening, the chain still seems to be rolling smoothly along with the fix that was published way back before block 250 first happened... Is there any sign that block 250 happened more than once?

-MarkM-

It looks like he updated the code on the github repo, but doesn't even have links to binaries, so no one is using it. And it's not even fully compatible with the existing blockchain as far as I can tell. Kind of a shoddy prank.
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2013, 01:25:45 PM

Everyone who cloned the repo to compile the client has a copy of it up to the point at which they cloned it, he is locked out of their copies that they have on their own hard-disks. Maybe you should have considered cloning it yourself. if you clone it before he destroys it you will have a patch by patch record of all the blackmail letters alongside the start of the code at the time of each.

-MarkM-

jackjack
Legendary

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 01:26:19 PM

Needs more dramah.   Whoever controls the github repo:

Deleting the repo would lower the drama IMO

markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2013, 01:28:54 PM

-MarkM-

It looks like he updated the code on the github repo, but doesn't even have links to binaries, so no one is using it. And it's not even fully compatible with the existing blockchain as far as I can tell. Kind of a shoddy prank.

No one is using the old broken version either as far as I have been able to discover. All nodes out there are using code whose block reward system is compatible with the one I pasted a few posts ago as far as I have discovered so far.

If the old broken chain was actually being used by any of them conflicts should be happening on average every two block-hours if the chance of finding a lucky block is in fact correctly calibrated to average out to two block-hours between lucky-blocks.

If anyone ever did download binaries from somewhere once upon a time it looks like they long ago stopped running them, maybe even long before block 250 happened since long before block 250 the code to correct the bug was already published so maybe they shut down their clients then hoping to get new ones before block 250. maybe they even made the correction themselves in their own copy of the code and fired up corrected clients themselves so by block 250 maybe everyone already had the fix in place.

-MarkM-

twobits

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 01:43:21 PM

-MarkM-

The change,  can't really call it a fix, was put into the repo two days ago it looks like.   Pretty sure that was long after block 250.

█████                █████      ███████             
█████                ███    █████████████       
█████                ██  █████████████████   
█████                █  ██████              ██████ 
█████                    ████                      ████ 
█████████████  █████                        ████
█████                    █████                             
█████                █  ██████              ███████
█████                ██  ███████████    █████ 
█████                ███    █████████    ████   
█████                █████      ███████    ██
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
HyperQuant.net
Platform for Professional Asset Management
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
WhitePaper
One-Pager
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Telegram 
Facebook
Twitter
Medium
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2013, 01:47:41 PM

-MarkM-

The change,  can't really call it a fix, was put into the repo two days ago it looks like.   Pretty sure that was long after block 250.

But was anyone even using the repo by then? Due to all the drama is seems more likely everyone either shut down to wait for the dust to settle or put the fix published in the thread into their copy of the code and ran with that fix, which was available to them right here in the thread long before block 250.

Would you sit there running broken code that come block 250 was not going to give you any lucky blocks to wait for some purportedly evil github-repo-maintainer to get around to merging the patch into the github, or just go ahead with what the founder wanted regardless of the procratinations of the purportedly evil repo-guy?

Maybe by block 250 all nodes running old broken code had already shut down?

-MarkM-

twobits

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 01:51:28 PM

-MarkM-

The change,  can't really call it a fix, was put into the repo two days ago it looks like.   Pretty sure that was long after block 250.

But was anyone even using the repo by then? Due to all the drama is seems more likely everyone either shut down to wait for the dust to settle or put the fix published in the thread into their copy of the code and ran with that fix, which was available to them right here in the thread long before block 250.

Would you sit there running broken code that come block 250 was not going to give you any lucky blocks to wait for some purportedly evil github-repo-maintainer to get around to merging the patch into the github, or just go ahead with what the founder wanted regardless of the procratinations of the purportedly evil repo-guy?

-MarkM-

I never  ran the code, so no I guess I would not have run it.  However some people did, and whoever has coins after the new code hits the first superblock will lose them if this new code becomes the accepted chain.

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
HyperQuant.net
Platform for Professional Asset Management
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
WhitePaper
One-Pager
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Telegram 
Facebook
Twitter
Medium
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
jackjack
Legendary

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 01:52:37 PM

-MarkM-

The change,  can't really call it a fix, was put into the repo two days ago it looks like.   Pretty sure that was long after block 250.

-MarkM-

I never  ran the code, so no I guess I would not have run it.  However some people did, and whoever has coins after the new code hits the first superblock will lose them if this new code becomes the accepted chain.

Actually all the coins will be lost as the repo-guy changed the subsidy of block 1

markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2013, 01:56:32 PM

Actually all the coins will be lost as the repo-guy changed the subsidy of block 1

Again that is only in the repo.

Each miner gets to choose whether to run that code or a version they prefer.

Does the blackmailer have enough hashing power to catch up to the currently running blockchain? Even if so, is he or she going to spend that much hashing power on doing so?

-MarkM-

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 ... 121 »
  Print  

Jump to: