Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 05:48:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XPM]unofficial jhPrimeminer thread  (Read 180163 times)
tandyuk

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 04:41:28 PM

tried running the primeminer on the beeeeer thread but it crashed on me. Anyone have it working with any of the jhPrimeminer versions?
it crashed because the server was down .. should work ok now servers back up

in the op
http://www.ppcointalk.org/index.php?topic=485.0 is a .diff file attached to the post.

it will fix the getwork protocol for mumus 7.x ...

The less technically inclined will have to live with pre compiled win binaries (cough me cough) Sad

I'm in the same boat, i can't code.  I tried using the various jhPrimeiners with beeeeer, no luck since they all used getwork.  I'm trying out beer bc apparently it's better for smaller (single cpu) miners. and it's always good to support new pools. xolo's miner seems to work about as fast as ypool's, I''m getting ~1.5xpm/day on my 6-core.  some ppl said they got 3x more mining at beer, do they have jhprimeminer patched with the diff file?  or is it just more stuff that's over my head lol

my latest linux build will work on beeeeer, but it has way more invalid shares than their miners which use getworx.
Im trying to port getworx over to my miner, unsuccessfully so far, because my c++ isnt that great yet!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dma88

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 12:10:21 AM

I've gotten 6.42xpm in four days, but I only mined for short intervals, I'd estimate 12hs per day.

so you're getting way more ~2x more than I am.  are you using any special settings? what cpu do you have?

I7 3820 at 4.3ghz, compiled the primeminer myself using hp10 optimizations posted in mikaelh's linux compilation guide.
Getting 2 chains per day, vs the 1.2 chains per day windows build gave me.
Settings I cannot post them right now since my pc is off and I didn't install ssh to connect via putty yet (lazy lol) That's why I don't mine 24/7 yet :p
I'll post them here for you later today.

is mining in linux any better/faster than windows?  or linux in a vm?

Make passive income here.. don't let the name fool you, do your own research and find out for yourself.  it's called exitscam, but it's actually legit.  Looks similar to a ponzi, but it's not.  And it's perfectly legal, not a registered security, as the "dividends" are payouts, not actual dividends.  Check it out at http://exitscam.me/luminium
ivanlabrie

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 01:36:11 AM

I've gotten 6.42xpm in four days, but I only mined for short intervals, I'd estimate 12hs per day.

so you're getting way more ~2x more than I am.  are you using any special settings? what cpu do you have?

I7 3820 at 4.3ghz, compiled the primeminer myself using hp10 optimizations posted in mikaelh's linux compilation guide.
Settings I cannot post them right now since my pc is off and I didn't install ssh to connect via putty yet (lazy lol) That's why I don't mine 24/7 yet :p

Depends, for me it is...since I compiled the binaries myself and optimized them according to my cpu type/arch.
dma88

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 02:09:41 AM

Depends, for me it is...since I compiled the binaries myself and optimized them according to my cpu type/arch.

is there somewhere that I can look up the best settings for my rig?

Make passive income here.. don't let the name fool you, do your own research and find out for yourself.  it's called exitscam, but it's actually legit.  Looks similar to a ponzi, but it's not.  And it's perfectly legal, not a registered security, as the "dividends" are payouts, not actual dividends.  Check it out at http://exitscam.me/luminium
ivanlabrie

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 03:09:08 AM

Stock settings are good, try compiling your own optimized binaries for linux first. Then worry about tuning the miner.
Mikaelh's stock hp10 settings are rock solid, but more focused on findings blocks or 9-10 chains, so it won't be as good for pool mining where smaller chains count.
You can try the ones I'm using, add these at the end of the batch file: -sievesize=1500000 -primes=2000000 -sieveextensions=7 -bits=10 -TargetInitialLength=7 -sievepercentage=5 -chainlength=10
girino
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1170

Advertise Here - PM for more info!

View Profile
September 21, 2013, 08:14:43 PM

Due to the issues some people have been having with my jsonrpc mod, I have made some changes to my repo.

https://github.com/tandyuk/jhPrimeminer

The master branch is now a plain fork of Rdebourbon's 3.3 for linux.
This can be downloaded using "git clone https://github.com/tandyuk/jhPrimeminer.git"
All the extra headers have been removed, and I have updated the readme and makefiles accordingly.

My json rpc code has been moved to its own branch, and can be downloaded by instead using
"git clone --branch jsonrpc https://github.com/tandyuk/jhPrimeminer.git"

As always, donations are greatfully recieved.

Happy mining Smiley

Hi, i'm not sure if tandyuk follows this thread, but i'd like to suggest a small patch to his code. I had problem when reconnecting after my network went down. The code seems to wait for 30 secs before reconnecting only on the first try, then tries again indefinitely without waiting and thus consumes lots of machine resources needlessly, and never reconnects at all. Adding "Sleep(30*1000)" at the end of the reconnect loop, just as it's done in main() when it first connects, solved it (at least on Mac OSX, will try on windows/cygwin on monday, at work). The patch follows:

Code:
diff --git a/src/primecoinMiner/main.cpp b/src/primecoinMiner/main.cpp
index f91e0ae..c66e314 100644
--- a/src/primecoinMiner/main.cpp
+++ b/src/primecoinMiner/main.cpp
@@ -1442,6 +1442,8 @@
  workData.xptClient = xptClient_connect(&jsonRequestTarget, commandlineInput.numThreads);
  if( workData.xptClient )
  break;
+ std::cout << "Failed to reconnect, retry in 30 seconds" << std::endl;
+ Sleep(1000*30);
  }
  }
  // has the block data changed?

Is there a way to incorporate that into the code?

thanks in advance,
Girino.

Advertise Here - PM for more info!
dma88

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 02:37:21 AM

Stock settings are good, try compiling your own optimized binaries for linux first. Then worry about tuning the miner.
Mikaelh's stock hp10 settings are rock solid, but more focused on findings blocks or 9-10 chains, so it won't be as good for pool mining where smaller chains count.
You can try the ones I'm using, add these at the end of the batch file: -sievesize=1500000 -primes=2000000 -sieveextensions=7 -bits=10 -TargetInitialLength=7 -sievepercentage=5 -chainlength=10

I'm missing something here.. so hp10 is the regular primecoin client, primecoin-qt.  I got the newest one, hp11 (win64).  isn't it just for solo mining?  how do you connect to a pool with it?

dma88

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 02:55:33 AM

on another note..

HOLY SHIT in the high performance thread, someone named "blackboy" is using dedicated servers to get ~8% of the total primecoin supply.  500 8-core opterons, a block every 20 mins or so. 

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=255782.1500

ivanlabrie

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 03:03:50 AM

on another note..

HOLY SHIT in the high performance thread, someone named "blackboy" is using dedicated servers to get ~8% of the total primecoin supply.  500 8-core opterons, a block every 20 mins or so. 

That's why we need gpu mining...otherwise xpm price is a victim of corrupt sysadmins and botnets.
mhps

Activity: 516
Merit: 500

CAT.EX Exchange

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 03:07:00 AM

on another note..

Let me guess what happened since then ... he reinvested all he had made to buy more VPS time and has lost everything after the XPM price tanked. Dust to dust.

|(
▄▄██████████▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▀ ▀██████▄
██████ ███ ▀▀▀ ███ ███████
██████▀▄███████████▄▀███████
███████ █████████████ ████████
███████ █████████████ ████████
████████▄▀█████████▀▄█████████
██████████▄ █████ ▄█▀▄▄▄▀█████
██████████ ████▌▐█ █▀▄█ ████
████████▌▐█████ █▌▐█▄▄████
▀█████▀ ██████▄ ▀ █████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀▀██████████▀▀
)(.
)
▌   ANNOUNCE THREAD   ▌▐   BOUNTY   ▐
TWITTER  |  FACEBOOK  |  TELEGRAM  |  DISCORD
(((((((   MOBILE APP [ ANDROID / IOS ]   )))))))
)
dma88

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 04:54:00 AM

on another note..

Let me guess what happened since then ... he reinvested all he had made to buy more VPS time and has lost everything after the XPM price tanked. Dust to dust.

yeah he said he spent about 35k

dma88

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 06:21:48 AM

I'm missing something here.. so hp10 is the regular primecoin client, primecoin-qt.  I got the newest one, hp11 (win64).  isn't it just for solo mining?  how do you connect to a pool with it?

edit: I found the linux optimization thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=259022.0
it's all still solo mining tho.  are you somehow compiling the beer miner or jhprimeminer with hp10 optimizations?  if so, are there instructions for that?  i would prefer windoze instructions so I won't have to re-do my whole setup

Roger3636

Activity: 40

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 08:53:01 PM

Beeeeer has nearly 5000 workers now Ypools dominence will end soon! ..... mark my words
Roger3636

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 11:17:17 PM

At 00.14 GMT beeeeer took ypools crown as the top primecoin site!!!
ivanlabrie

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 11:21:24 PM

At 00.14 GMT beeeeer took ypools crown as the top primecoin site!!!

Way to go! Cheesy
anargo

Activity: 12

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 10:07:54 AM

There is some strange:
Having two processors: AMD phenom 2 x6 1090t and AMD FX-8320. Phenom giving for 1/3 more shares (using 5 cores), than FX using 7 cores. Why? FX is so slow?
No overheat. Tested on jhPrimeminer 3.3, 7.1 (with AVX for 8320). Result is the same.

I have read this topic, but I not very good in english and not find answer.
prophetx
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010

he who has the gold makes the rules

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2013, 11:42:26 AM

I've posted v3.3 of my miner today.  It can be downloaded from here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/sq24hzo993afy9c/l7icP0KiuM

This is mainly a bug fix release. Fixes include:
2/100% primorial decrement overflow
Over aggressive thread watchdog
Chain counters now only show chains which could be valid shares. Also changed to Valid/Total instead of Total/Valid as per many requests.
Fixed a memory leak on new block detection.
Removed original primorial multiplier adjuster that kept changing primorial even after a user chose to disable round sieve adjuster.
BiTwin filter was incorrectly checking CC2 length instead of CC1 for odd length BiTwins.
Fixed GetWork mode (currently disabled on yPool though).
Added back a removed setting that actually helped some CPUs with cache / memory performance.

these all appear to be for 64bit

is there a miner for 32 bit systems?
prophetx
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010

he who has the gold makes the rules

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2013, 11:48:08 AM

is beeeeer.org better than ypool?

I have been out of the loop for about a month.
belltown

Activity: 301
Merit: 250

still can't change my profile pic

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 03:53:47 PM

I have the same question. Now there is also http://www.rpool.net/

Are any of these any better then ypool? Why do people like them so much? Do you really mine more XPM then on ypool?

How I've earned 0.088 BTC for making few forum posts on LetsTalkBitcoin
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=707439.0 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Roger3636

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 05:18:33 PM
Last edit: October 01, 2013, 05:36:32 PM by Roger3636

I would never go back to ypool my XPM per day doubled overnight on beeeer .. Oh one day it tripled!

Over 30 days on ypool I was lucky to get 2-3 XPM a day due to their aggressive weighting system, basicly if you dont hit 9 chains and above your payout is sh*t
So I switched to beeeeer my XPM is now 6-7 XPM a day one lucky day I got 9!

So screw you ypool!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: