Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 12:58:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 ... 148 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DRILLBIT SYSTEM Miners - Avalon range available - Now $104.99!  (Read 273553 times)
rob143

Activity: 138
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 06:58:31 PM

I would actually like to see how much further this project can go. There are a few selling 100+ Gh/s miners based on this same chip there are the thumb drives of course I am sure there can be more derived from these chips once the first couple of batches roll out.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jtkanpp2

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 07:13:34 PM

I am with you rob143. I would like to see larger miners, of course that would mean a larger financial commitment on our parts but I am ok with that.

I would actually like to see how much further this project can go. There are a few selling 100+ Gh/s miners based on this same chip there are the thumb drives of course I am sure there can be more derived from these chips once the first couple of batches roll out.
techman05

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2013, 08:24:51 PM

If it gets much bigger than a bathroom tile I'm going to want a usb port for most wireless cards with wps support  and a memory card slot to give it instructions quickly.

At least if you find a way to make them go 100gh or more you could set it at a primary setting charge for firmware GH upgrade as long as the upgrade doesn't need too much extra power requirements.

Like the info address for potential tips Wink
BTC 1CL5BnNhdL2wDVmSDwMbW1cNhZew87CAPV
* http://www.miningrigrentals.com/register?ref=563
pyra-proxy

Activity: 490

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 11:26:24 PM

Almost there guys. This has been an epic project and a pleasure to see come together. Final charge. I'm very excited to see this almost at completion. I greatly look forwards to the day i send the last package and retreat back to my miner heated room to sleep for one week straight!  Grin

Barntech

Currently sounds like you will deserve it!  Hope all goes smoothly for you so that the final roll out can get you that sleep sooner and easier! :-)

the_beast

Activity: 145
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2013, 09:39:04 AM

Barntech (or anyone), can you state about the USB connector on drillbit-8 boards?

Is it USB-A socket, USB Mini-B, Mini-A, micro, ... else?

I searched for that and nothing pops up, and the picture of board is not so helpful. Initially I assume this is USB-A socket, then looking at picture it is more likely a USB mini-B. Still, we don't have accurate info about this point.

Also I read that we just need to plug one board among 4 to control system, when they're stacked on a miniplane. Is it still right? So hub is only required for multiple miniplanes.

GooChain : A unique search engine for the Bitcoin blockchain
Zeek_W

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 10:48:49 AM

Barntech (or anyone), can you state about the USB connector on drillbit-8 boards?

I searched for that and nothing pops up, and the picture of board is not so helpful. Initially I assume this is USB-A socket, then looking at picture it is more likely a USB mini-B. Still, we don't have accurate info about this point.

Also I read that we just need to plug one board among 4 to control system, when they're stacked on a miniplane. Is it still right? So hub is only required for multiple miniplanes.

First post has a pic that makes it look like a Mini.

Barntech (OP)

Activity: 266

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 11:24:59 AM

We are working on a few exciting things for future larger Bitfury miners. Stay tuned on that front.  Cool
Barntech (OP)

Activity: 266

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 11:28:19 AM

The socket is USB mini-B, and yeah you only need to plug one board in to connect the entire miniplane (or double scroll), only requiring a hub if you are going to be pluggin in lots of miniplanes.
techman05

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2013, 12:28:50 PM

The socket is USB mini-B, and yeah you only need to plug one board in to connect the entire miniplane (or double scroll), only requiring a hub if you are going to be pluggin in lots of miniplanes.
I was hopping it was micro usb, which I think is the one most cell phones use. Well one one more cable Wink .

Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

Antifragile

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 01:10:27 PM

So, do we need 1 USB to USB Mini-B to connect our mini plane to our e.g. Raspberry Pi? (Or for those with more mini planes, just 1 USB Mini-B for their larger double scroll?)

Thanks,
IAS

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
vulgartrendkill

Activity: 518

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2013, 01:16:50 PM

We are working on a few exciting things for future larger Bitfury miners. Stay tuned on that front.  Cool

Holy moly Smiley
techman05

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2013, 02:13:17 PM

So, do we need 1 USB to USB Mini-B to connect our mini plane to our e.g. Raspberry Pi? (Or for those with more mini planes, just 1 USB Mini-B for their larger double scroll?)

Thanks,
IAS

It depends on if you want the devices to be treated as one or a separate when on the mini plane. It said you can use 8 individual cables and treat them like usb devices. I'm still going to want to see how many shares one takes to see if I want to do either way.

Its About Sharing
Legendary

Antifragile

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 04:30:50 PM

Thanks,
IAS

It depends on if you want the devices to be treated as one or a separate when on the mini plane. It said you can use 8 individual cables and treat them like usb devices. I'm still going to want to see how many shares one takes to see if I want to do either way.

Ah, I see what you mean. I will overclock them together and send the BTC produced to the same pool, so imagine one is enough.
Not a bad way to compare pools though, just set up 2 per pool (from 4) and see which pool does the best. (Perhaps having a few extra on hand is a nice experiment).

Thx for the reply,
IAS

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
vulgartrendkill

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2013, 04:59:27 PM

USB mini B?  Thats same connector as a PS3 controller right? Smiley
Swimmer63
Legendary

Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 05:09:01 PM

Thanks,
IAS

Ah, I see what you mean. I will overclock them together and send the BTC produced to the same pool, so imagine one is enough.
Not a bad way to compare pools though, just set up 2 per pool (from 4) and see which pool does the best. (Perhaps having a few extra on hand is a nice experiment).

Thx for the reply,
IAS

Just to clarify for the less technical of us:
Power - direct connect to a standard modular ATX PSU?
Mini USB - connect to computer or pi
   This is for mining software and internet connect?  So we will need a cord with Mini USB on one end and standard USB on the other right?

vulgartrendkill

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2013, 05:14:32 PM

Thanks,
IAS

Thx for the reply,
IAS

This is for mining software and internet connect?  So we will need a cord with Mini USB on one end and standard USB on the other right?

Individual board powered by a 4 pin molex connector, mini plane via a 24 pin atx connector, as far as I know.
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Antifragile

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 05:29:19 PM

Thanks,
IAS

Thx for the reply,
IAS

Individual board powered by a 4 pin molex connector, mini plane via a 24 pin atx connector, as far as I know.

That is my understanding as well.
And Swimmer63 - It is a Mini-B to USB yes (and yes, from the Raspberry Pi to the back plane or 8 chip card).  And yes, it is for the Raspberry Pi to communicate with the miner via it's software. My technical expertise is years behind me btw. Getting a Raspberry Pi is the first time in years I've done sysadmin or Linux type work...

IAS

BTC = Black Swan.
bobsag3

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 05:39:35 PM

Thanks,
IAS

Thx for the reply,
IAS

And Swimmer63 - It is a Mini-B to USB yes (and yes, from the Raspberry Pi to the back plane or 8 chip card).  And yes, it is for the Raspberry Pi to communicate with the miner via it's software. My technical expertise is years behind me btw. Getting a Raspberry Pi is the first time in years I've done sysadmin or Linux type work...

IAS
If you guys wanted to come up with a list of like common questions that Barn needs to have answered on the first page, with any answers you might have, I would be happy to make sure hes gets them all answered an updated. Feel like that would make our lives much easier. AS far as chips/ assembly goes, We will have the chips (for batch 2) just as soon as Punin gets back to us on payment.
Swimmer63
Legendary

Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 08:51:17 PM

Thanks,
IAS

Thx for the reply,
IAS

IAS
If you guys wanted to come up with a list of like common questions that Barn needs to have answered on the first page, with any answers you might have, I would be happy to make sure hes gets them all answered an updated. Feel like that would make our lives much easier. AS far as chips/ assembly goes, We will have the chips (for batch 2) just as soon as Punin gets back to us on payment.
Thanks guys.  Yes an FAQ for power and communication would be good.....and for each situation - 8 chip board, Mini-plane, Double Scroll.  It sounds like it will be relatively easy but not necessarily intuitive.  Like one USB connection on any single board takes care of all the boards?  I never would have guessed that. 
We should also find the right kind of cable for USB mini B to standard so everyone can click on NewEgg or Amazon or something.
And list all the commands needed for cgminer or the like. 
This may be all in the previous pages but I'm not an IT guy so my eyes start to glaze over some of these posts.  Cheesy
techman05

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2013, 09:31:46 PM

I thought during the time bitcoin talk was down this started to get setup on http://drillbitsystem.com/forum/index.php?board=1.0

It still looks like its active and questions being asked. I don't wanna confuse the heck out of bartech and his affiliates but that may be an easier way to set up questions for now with a few more tastefull subsections added.

Pages: « 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 ... 148 »
  Print  

Jump to: