Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:07:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL announces 28nm 600GH/S blade for $4680  (Read 40989 times)
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 08:36:16 PM

ButterflyLabs buying ads on Facebook....    Instead of buying parts to finish the current backlogs....

Parts don't bring in more money.
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 08:40:19 PM

ButterflyLabs buying ads on Facebook....    Instead of buying parts to finish the current backlogs....

^This. BFL is not selling mining equipment. They are selling promises of mining equipment. They want to maximize promises sold, and minimize equipment delivered.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
elux
Legendary

Activity: 1458
Merit: 1006

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 08:52:03 PM

ButterflyLabs buying ads on Facebook....    Instead of buying parts to finish the current backlogs....

Bingo.

^This. BFL is not selling mining equipment. They are selling promises of mining equipment. They want to maximize promises sold, and minimize equipment delivered.

Yes. Well... They aren't trying to literally minimize deliveries. Deliveries are just... completely irrelevant.

So long as the lack of deliveries or so called "progress" doesn't adversely affect their sales metrics.

Product and delivery remain simply an afterthought.
erk

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 09:11:28 PM

ButterflyLabs buying ads on Facebook....    Instead of buying parts to finish the current backlogs....

I think what they are doing is milking people that have access to lots of money, in order to be able to afford the Monarch cards in the first place. Most of these people would not need to mine BTC, they would be better off simply investing in crypto coins with their funds. All these 28nm ASIC promises involve tying up funds for several months. You can earn several percent per week trading crypto which is instant ROI.
willphase

Activity: 767

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 10:18:18 PM

(But I'm french, we used to read threads at night)

I have requested a refund to office@butterflylabs.com for a noob pre-order 05/30/2013

French, and yet you use backwards US date format???

Will

Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 10:45:09 PM

I have requested a refund to office@butterflylabs.com for a noob pre-order 05/30/2013

Will
How is that backwards? What Makes it backwards? Im living (shutup i dont live near any bilingual french or pure french people) Canada and my date & time format was auto set to 08/22/2013 when under region and language, I chose US (because i didnt want any bilingual crap)

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 01:15:42 AM

Shocked Someone please, help Josh! Cheesy

They are beating him senseless with logic and funny comments on the refund matter!

Socks and shills, unite under one banner of Bullshit and shout down any sense of logic. Defend the motherland!

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/pre-sales-questions/3675-refund-policy-10.html
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 01:18:02 AM

By the way, someone make a funny Youtube video using comments on that page. I dare you!
lucasjkr

Activity: 644

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 01:40:44 AM

think what they are doing is milking people that have access to lots of money, in order to be able to afford the Monarch cards in the first place. Most of these people would not need to mine BTC, they would be better off simply investing in crypto coins with their funds. All these 28nm ASIC promises involve tying up funds for several months. You can earn several percent per week trading crypto which is instant ROI.

That's what they're all doing. Asicminer and their little USB keys that'll never break even, knc with their promises that, even if true, will only be realized in terms of btc by the very earliest to recieves units. Everyone els at the back of their order queue, will see the same exact thing happen as july2013 jalapeño buyers will see compared to July 2012 buyers. Avalon has their own set of issues.  Of them all, BFL has always been the leader in terms of $ per hash.  Can't think of any other reason for friedcat to have lowered his prices except for the fact that they were horribly uncompetitive with other shipping products....

It's all a game. Miners keep handing all their money to the manufacturers, trying to get A leg up on one another.  Soon they'll realize there's no point. And when the post Mortum is done on btc one day, they'll see that the people that made the lion share of the profits were either early adopters OR manufacturers of mining equipment. For everyone else, it's a costly struggle to tread water.

As for your theory that everyone would be better served just buying coins. That's far from certain. Btc on its own produces nothing. If the price falls, then you're left with less valuable coins, still earning nothing.  And it's far from certain what the price will do. From the benefit of hindsight, it's easy to say that everyone should have piled into bitcoin a year ago. That plan doesn't look so wise if you move the starting timeframe to 5 or 6 mo ths ago, though. And really, looking into the future, it's a grand unknown.  Lots of people would like btc to be worth a lot more, but there's also lots of people that would like their gold to be worth more or their Microsoft and apple shares to be worth more. But you don't know. Btc could post another fantastic year, print could post another 60 or 80% slump, at which point yes, buying miners doesn't look so great either, but certainly would come out ahead of coin holders given enough time...
scambutterflylabs

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 01:51:57 AM

quote BFL

"Now, when we are committing resources to manufacture equipment in large volume and to do that we need to have a fairly accurate count of the parts we need. "   BFL

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/pre-sales-questions/3675-refund-policy-11.html#post53824

"But you are ok for people to pay you to upgrade and cancel their Single orders? How does that work?"

" Originally Posted by BFL_Josh 

"People have had months and months to get a refund. At some point that had to stop. We are not a hedge for your bitcoin investment ; that is what the people asking for refunds now are using it as. We have been up front with our policy from day 1. To complain about it now is utterly ludicrous.
a very self serving and offensive twisting to the situation dont you think?
-------------------------
https://forums.butterflylabs.com/pre-sales-questions/3675-refund-policy-10.html#post53229

"we have heard for months that orders will be sent out in "two months". at some point we have to stop thinking this will be true. we are not a hedge for you unknown time schedual, that is why you are refusing refunds. we have been upfront with our expectations from the beginning, two months delivery ... to complain about our EXPECATIONS THAT YOU SPEAK TRUTH, while expending efforts on even more pre-orders for new products, is ludicrous.

I will continue to send cancelation emails and attempt to contact you by phone this week. if you continue to ignore me and refuse to refund my money I will be left no choice but to let others decide if your actions are acceptable. the folks i send a packet copies to will include FAR MORE than the ftc and will include consumer protection departments in all states, including your banks, atty generals investigating bitcoin activities, just to name a few ..... you will be judged ....

much of my career has been at startups. i know EXACTLY what it is like to have a fire under my ass when scheduals are missed. i also know how to handle customers in such cases, and your continued arrogance is totally unacceptable!"

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bfl      http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=inaba
Butterfly Labs shipped the Jalapeno 10 months after first orders. They're still backlogged 7 months. If you're thinking of buying a BFL Monarch, think again.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 07:47:47 AM

Will

Yes, see, I'm a good boy, I even try to speak english.

You know, it's possible to be french and know US formats.

I should have said:

"Putain, ces rats de BFL me gavent avec leurs mensonges pouris et leur ton au pire insultant, au mieux paternaliste, et j'essaye donc de me faire rembourser ma commande du 30 mai 2013"

But who will understand this ? Wink

Je sais.

... but I always had trouble with Savoir vs Connaître.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2013, 11:16:49 AM

quote BFL

"Now, when we are committing resources to manufacture equipment in large volume and to do that we need to have a fairly accurate count of the parts we need. "   BFL

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/pre-sales-questions/3675-refund-policy-11.html#post53824

"But you are ok for people to pay you to upgrade and cancel their Single orders? How does that work?"

" Originally Posted by BFL_Josh 

"People have had months and months to get a refund. At some point that had to stop. We are not a hedge for your bitcoin investment ; that is what the people asking for refunds now are using it as. We have been up front with our policy from day 1. To complain about it now is utterly ludicrous.
a very self serving and offensive twisting to the situation dont you think?
-------------------------
https://forums.butterflylabs.com/pre-sales-questions/3675-refund-policy-10.html#post53229

"we have heard for months that orders will be sent out in "two months". at some point we have to stop thinking this will be true. we are not a hedge for you unknown time schedual, that is why you are refusing refunds. we have been upfront with our expectations from the beginning, two months delivery ... to complain about our EXPECATIONS THAT YOU SPEAK TRUTH, while expending efforts on even more pre-orders for new products, is ludicrous.

I will continue to send cancelation emails and attempt to contact you by phone this week. if you continue to ignore me and refuse to refund my money I will be left no choice but to let others decide if your actions are acceptable. the folks i send a packet copies to will include FAR MORE than the ftc and will include consumer protection departments in all states, including your banks, atty generals investigating bitcoin activities, just to name a few ..... you will be judged ....

much of my career has been at startups. i know EXACTLY what it is like to have a fire under my ass when scheduals are missed. i also know how to handle customers in such cases, and your continued arrogance is totally unacceptable!"

Really great post. Brings the hybris to the point.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
01BTC10
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 11:50:03 AM

Will

Yes, see, I'm a good boy, I even try to speak english.

You know, it's possible to be french and know US formats.

I should have said:

"Putain, ces rats de BFL me gavent avec leurs mensonges pouris et leur ton au pire insultant, au mieux paternaliste, et j'essaye donc de me faire rembourser ma commande du 30 mai 2013"

But who will understand this ? Wink

Je préfère:

"Caliss d'enfoiré de marde qui me font chier avec leur osti de mensonges du tabarnak et leur responsable des relations publiques au mieux attardés au pire un criss d'osti de ciboire de tabarnak d'épais du caliss pis y vont me rembourser les osti de tabarnak de caliss de saint ciboire."
01BTC10
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 12:37:27 PM

Funny, but saying only the word tabarnak is a big fail for france localization test  Grin

I don't even understand "caliss". So I think I failed Quebec localization test.

If i finish receving my Jalapeno, I would have to create a new sha-2 UBC (useless butterfly coin)
haha caliss (calice) is religious word related swearing like tabarnak (tabernacle).
bbxx

Activity: 728

cryptoshark

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2013, 03:55:52 PM

They have announced fake unicorn miner only to have possiblity to say to customer...

Customer: my miner is not profitable as you ship, it will mine at loss!
Bfl: sorry, you could upgrade to monarch and you didnt, fool, it is your fault
willphase

Activity: 767

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 06:58:23 PM

They have announced fake unicorn miner only to have possiblity to say to customer...

Bfl: sorry, you could upgrade to monarch and you didnt, fool, it is your fault

Corollary:

Customer: my monarch is not profitable as you ship, it will mine at loss!
Bfl: sorry, you didn't have to upgrade to monarch and you did, fool, it is your fault

Will

DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 07:28:26 PM
Last edit: August 23, 2013, 07:48:05 PM by DeathAndTaxes

Bfl: sorry, you could upgrade to monarch and you didn't, fool, it is your fault

Corollary:

Bfl: sorry, you could upgrade to "super monarch" and you didn't, fool, it is your fault

FYPFY

Wait for it.  

March 2013:  
BFL announces the worlds first 20nm Bitcoin ASIC; the 10TH/s "super monarch" liquid hydrogen * cooled miner.  Available for order today at a low introductory price of $10,000.01**.  Thats right a BFL first, early buyer price guarantee.  Price will rise to our normal retail price after the first 100,000 introductory units are sold so buy early for the highest ROI.  Estimated delivery in June 2013***.  Using a mere 0.2 W/GH the Super Monarch is supplied the 2KW of power with the conveniently included #2AWG power cables for connection to an onsite plasma torch power supply ****.    Upgrade today (or don't complain that your existing pre-orders are unprofitable we are trying to help you out here)*****.

* PayPal has a $9,999.99 limit on transactions and will not provide us an exception so we are unable to take PayPal.  It has nothing to do with forced chargebacks or anything like that.  PayPal only allows $9,999.99 and we are selling our units at $10,000.01.  It just can't be fixed.  ** Liquid hydrogen not included.  After the first 100,000 introductory units price will rise to standard retail price of $10,000.02.   *** Our lawyers require us to clarify that delivery date is not June 2013.  We guarantee we will estimate your delivery date by June 2013.  See what we did there.  Pretty clever huh? **** Plamsa torch power supply and home wiring upgrade not included.  ***** Existing undelivered monarch pre-orders can upgrade for a 10% upgrade fee. Existing undelivered SC pre-orders can upgrade to Monarch for a 10% fee and then upgrade their Monarch to Super Monarch for another 10% fee.  Seriously you expect two upgrades for only a 10% fee.  

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2013, 07:38:06 PM

Bfl: sorry, you could upgrade to monarch and you didn't, fool, it is your fault

Corollary:

Bfl: sorry, you could upgrade to "super monarch" and you didn't, fool, it is your fault

FYPFY

Wait for it.  

March 2013:  
BFL announces the worlds first 20nm Bitcoin ASIC; the 10TH/s "super monarch" liquid hydrogen* cooled miner for a low introductory price of $10,000.01**.  Estimated delivery in June 2013***.  At an unbeatable 0.2 W/GH the Super Monarch uses a mere 2 KW of electricity conveniently supplied using the included #2AWG power cables connected to an onsite plasma torch power supply ****.    Upgrade today *****.

* Sorry loyal customers PayPal payments are unavailable as we have learned our retail price is over PayPal transaction limit.
   ** Liquid hydrogen not included. 
 *** We guarantee we will estimate your delivery date by June 2013.  You can count on us.  Note delivery date will not be June 2013 that is when we will estimate your delivery date.
**** Existing undelivered monarch pre-orders can upgrade for a 10% upgrade fee. Existing undelivered SC pre-orders can upgrade to Monarch and then to Super Monarch (come on man you can't get two upgrades for only one 10% fee).

Prototype being developed as we speak...

Nemo1024
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2013, 10:01:24 AM

I thought at first my eyes deceived me, so I had to reload the forum page a couple of time, but yes, the card is advertised on the forums.
Interestingly, it's name is not mentioned, only:

"600GH/s - $4,680 / Bitcoin Mining Card - Butterfly Labs / [Click Here]"

“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”
“We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.”
“It is important to fight and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated.”
millsdmb

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 02:08:08 PM

Hey BFL! Difficulty just hit 65.8M

Tick Tock Tick Tock

Hitler Finds out about the Butterfly Labs Monarch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jYNMKdv36w
Get $10 worth of BTC Free when you buy $100 worth at coinbase.com/?r=51dffa8970f85a53bd000034
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: