Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 05:14:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL announces 28nm 600GH/S blade for $4680  (Read 40986 times)
nexus99 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 04:10:39 AM

A picture and specifications pulled from the air is unacceptable as CUSTOM HARDWARE in my opinion. I can could post a picture and give you a song and dance about the specs. When I post about a hub I had a schematic for the hub. When I posted information about a USB Bitfury Miner I posted a prototype board... isn't that the standard we want?

I have NOT SEE ANYTHING...

There is a TEAPOT flying in orbit behind the moon. Who has the BURDEN of proof?

BFL has to prove they have SOMETHING or this stuff needs to moved to off topic or speculation. Waste of space otherwise.

I'd say that most of the things sold or talked about here really aren't 'custom' hardware. Avalon - no, BFL - No, KNC - no. I'd say that the Mr Teal and Lucko boards are...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 04:12:05 AM

A picture and specifications pulled from the air is unacceptable as CUSTOM HARDWARE in my opinion. I can could post a picture and give you a song and dance about the specs. When I post about a hub I had a schematic for the hub. When I posted information about a USB Bitfury Miner I posted a prototype board... isn't that the standard we want?

I have NOT SEE ANYTHING...

There is a TEAPOT flying in orbit behind the moon. Who has the BURDEN of proof?

BFL has to prove they have SOMETHING or this stuff needs to moved to off topic or speculation. Waste of space otherwise.

I'd say that most of the things sold or talked about here really aren't 'custom' hardware. Avalon - no, BFL - No, KNC - no. I'd say that the Mr Teal and Lucko boards are...

Stop evading the point. BFL's Monarch is pure fantasy. It doesn't belong in mining at all. It is speculation it is vapourware.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
nexus99 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 04:14:45 AM

i am not evading the point. You argued my position for me above. You have no way to know what exists or not. You _think_ there isn't anything. You don't _know_. The company does ship product (yes, late, not the same specs, all the crappy stuff they have done) so there is room to believe they could be doing this. And yes, room to believe they aren't because of the terrible track record. But no way to know for sure.
Bicknellski

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 04:16:41 AM
Last edit: August 29, 2013, 04:39:58 AM by Bicknellski

i am not evading the point. You argued my position for me above. You have no way to know what exists or not. You _think_ there isn't anything. You don't _know_. The company does ship product (yes, late, not the same specs, all the crappy stuff they have done) so there is room to believe they could be doing this. And yes, room to believe they aren't because of the terrible track record. But no way to know for sure.

I asked you what is the STANDARD... you are talking about other fabricators.

BFL has no evidence, is that sufficient to post in Custom Hardware? No, I would say it that it is not.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Ytterbium

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2013, 04:18:32 AM

The monarch card they showed the CGI rendering of would never be able to dissipate 350W. And it had the wrong fucking edge connector.  That's obvious evidence they just slapped up an image in some 3D graphics program and clearly don't have a working board design.

nexus99 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 04:20:18 AM

The monarch card they showed the CGI rendering of would never be able to dissipate 350W. And it had the wrong fucking edge connector.  That's obvious evidence they just slapped up an image in some 3D graphics program and clearly don't have a working board design.

Everyone agrees the image on the page is lame. It doesn't clearly show they don't have a working board design though.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 04:38:11 AM

Just to try to draw a comparison: Would you consider the PS4 vaporware? Hundreds of millions in preorders for that box and no one has seen all the secrets inside yet.

The PS4 is a great example. Sony has a track record of releasing several generations of consoles, so there's not much risk that they won't release the PS4 near the scheduled date and specs. Prototypes have been demostrated in the public at numerous shows. 3rd party developers have confirmed the console exists and are working on games for it. The product already exists. It's not just a sketch on a napkin.

http://www.intomobile.com/2013/08/20/walmart-begin-ps4-and-xbox-one-preorders-august-24th/

Snag a pre-order for 10% down. That's how pre-orders should work.

Buy & Hold
Bicknellski

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 04:42:05 AM

Everyone agrees the image on the page is lame. It doesn't clearly show they don't have a working board design though.

The point is they make A CLAIM THEY HAVE TO PROVE IT. That is the minimum standard I suggest we have in this forum for posting in Custom Hardware not imaginary vapourware. If they have any evidence then provide it otherwise this should be removed.

fractal02

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 01:03:37 PM

Little Update

I don't have received answer from BFL

I have contacted Paypal today for a complaint, but they sad they cannot do anything because 45 days have passed

Next step for me is contacting french DGCCRF (fraud repression) and my bank to chargeback Credit card transaction (because paypal is linked to my bank credit card)

keep you updated  Wink

Ouais c'est ça...vas-y...contacte la DGCCRF...

Après explique leur que tu ne t'es pas acquitté de toutes tes plus-values mobilières effectué en minant/revendant.
==> http://vosdroits.service-public.fr/particuliers/F21618.xhtml#N1018C

Et apprend à lire aussi....quand j'ai acheté chez Butterfly il y avait déjà le "NO refunds"
A moins de pas avoir de cerveau...

Sorry guys for this French interlude, but this noob try to contact French DGCCRF (some sort of FCC but also in charge about Transactionnal tax, Gain market fraud, etc, etc...)

Guess someone shortly had to explain why he doesn't pay the "gain market taxes" when mining/reselling on exchange...

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 01:05:16 PM

If they did they would have included it in the image in some way or other.

Seems silly not to. But given BFLs way of doing business, it doesn't surprise me the lengths they are willing to go (in being scumbags) to make a profit.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

n691309
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 01:09:25 PM

Of course the pic is not prototype. I remember first Jalapeno picture looked like external HDD. I guess picture = more preorders
||bit

Merit: 506

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 02:14:47 PM

Who else here has noticed that Butterfly Labs has been falsely advertising their planned 28nm product as decisively better than what actual competition offers?
Listed on BFL's website's 28nm product page (http://www.butterflylabs.com/monarch/) :

BFL Monarch $7.80/GH @ 0.6W/GH  ----  "The Competition": at least $17.50/GH @ 2.5W/GH

This seems based on old KNC numbers, but those have changed. Regardless, since a while now, others have already listed as competitive and even better deals.
Cointerra's product plan is advertised as $6.99/GH at 0.55W/GH (http://cointerra.com/product/terraminer-iv-2ths/)
HashFast is $14/GH @ 0.9W/GH with a guarantee 90 day to help ROI for pre-orders (https://hashfast.com/shop/babyjet/)
KNC is now $12.5/GH @ 1.6W/GH. (https://www.kncminer.com/categories/miners/)

On top of all this, BFL is expected to be one of the later shippers of 28nm. It's nice not to be in the BFL pre-order que for 28nm.
How long before they change that bit of misleading information on their website? It's been that way since the Monarch hype started.
bcp19

Activity: 532

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 02:25:22 PM

Who else here has noticed that Butterfly Labs has been falsely advertising their planned 28nm product as decisively better than what actual competition offers?
Listed on BFL's website's 28nm product page (http://www.butterflylabs.com/monarch/) :

BFL Monarch $7.80/GH @ 0.6W/GH  ----  "The Competition": at least $17.50/GH @ 2.5W/GH

This seems based on old KNC numbers, but those have changed. Regardless, since a while now, others have already listed as competitive and even better deals.
Cointerra's product plan is advertised as $6.99/GH at 0.55W/GH (http://cointerra.com/product/terraminer-iv-2ths/)
HashFast is $14/GH @ 0.9W/GH with a guarantee 90 day to help ROI for pre-orders (https://hashfast.com/shop/babyjet/)
KNC is now $12.5/GH @ 1.6W/GH. (https://www.kncminer.com/categories/miners/)

On top of all this, BFL is expected to be one of the later shippers of 28nm. It's nice not to be in the BFL pre-order que for 28nm.
How long before they change that bit of misleading information on their website? It's been that way since the Monarch hype started.

Simple enough:

BFL Monarch $7.80/GH @ 0.6W/GH  ----  "The Competition": at least $17.50/GH @ 2.5W/GH (As of <insert date>)

I do not suffer fools gladly... "Captain!  We're surrounded!"
I embrace my inner Kool-Aid.
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 05:35:14 PM

They will just put other misleading information in. Their Google+ page is hilariously wrong.
BFL probably doesn't realize that Google keeps all their deleted Google+ posts. When they do land in court, a lot of that nonsense is going to sting.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442

Antifragile

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 09:09:51 PM

This is probably going to affect BFL sales (especially considering BFL is always late)
http://www.finextra.com/News/Announcement.aspx?pressreleaseid=51605&topic=retail

Snippet
Scheduled for delivery in early January 2014 and powered by CoinTerra's proprietary high-performance GoldStrike1™ ASIC, the new 1 TH/s TerraMiner™ II will retail for $3499 as an entry-level Bitcoin mining solution designed for the best price/performance ratio in the industry.

Previously announced as the first 2 TH/s professional Bitcoin miner, CoinTerra has announced a major price reduction for the TerraMiner IV to an astonishing $5999 for January delivery to customers. This makes CoinTerra the first Bitcoin hardware company to break the $3 per Gigahash barrier.

Now, compare that to 600Gh/s for $4680... ($7.80 per Ghash)
Cointerra is less than half price...

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
erk

Activity: 826

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 09:17:27 PM

This is probably going to affect BFL sales (especially considering BFL is always late)
http://www.finextra.com/News/Announcement.aspx?pressreleaseid=51605&topic=retail

Snippet
Scheduled for delivery in early January 2014 and powered by CoinTerra's proprietary high-performance GoldStrike1™ ASIC, the new 1 TH/s TerraMiner™ II will retail for $3499 as an entry-level Bitcoin mining solution designed for the best price/performance ratio in the industry.

Previously announced as the first 2 TH/s professional Bitcoin miner, CoinTerra has announced a major price reduction for the TerraMiner IV to an astonishing $5999 for January delivery to customers. This makes CoinTerra the first Bitcoin hardware company to break the $3 per Gigahash barrier.

Now, compare that to 600Gh/s for $4680... ($7.80 per Ghash)
Cointerra is less than half price...

This is what they have to do to keep up with the difficulty increases and give a positive ROI before the cost of electricity exceeds the revenue the device makes. There is plenty of margin in these things when you look at the components used vs the sell price.

millsdmb

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 10:10:52 PM

They dont even have a real rendering of what it will look like yet and its already out of date (that GPU they call a "Miner" doesn't count)

Wow. I am going to enjoy watching Butterfly Labs and their Monarch go under.

Hitler Finds out about the Butterfly Labs Monarch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jYNMKdv36w
Get $10 worth of BTC Free when you buy $100 worth at coinbase.com/?r=51dffa8970f85a53bd000034
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 10:21:55 PM

Kablam!

News reports that CoinTerra's new offering is both competitively priced and is cheaper than a BFL Monarch.

CoinTerra Introduces Two Low-Cost Bitcoin ASIC Mining Solutions | CoinTerra
Cointerra : now less than $3 per GH...

Source: https://forums.butterflylabs.com/bfl-forum-miscellaneous/4839-cointerra-now-less-than-%243-per-gh.html

The Story Link: http://thegenesisblock.com/cointerra-and-hashfast-sell-17m-of-bitcoin-miners-open-second-batch-sales/
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 10:24:33 PM

"Cointerra just killed the Monarch as long as they can deliver in Jan, Feb or March or even April or May." -- Asic-J (Hardcore BFL Supporter)

"Yesterday I would have paid $10 per gh/s for bfl gear and I thought that might be too insulting as is. Now with $3 Gh/s miners on the horizon I think $5 per ghs is a good price." -- BitBoyben (Uber BFL Fanboi)

Source: https://forums.butterflylabs.com/bfl-forum-miscellaneous/4839-cointerra-now-less-than-%243-per-gh.html#post57276

ASIC-K

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Hell?

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 10:27:59 PM

Kablam!

News reports that CoinTerra's new offering is both competitively priced and is cheaper than a BFL Monarch.

CoinTerra Introduces Two Low-Cost Bitcoin ASIC Mining Solutions | CoinTerra
Cointerra : now less than $3 per GH...

Source: https://forums.butterflylabs.com/bfl-forum-miscellaneous/4839-cointerra-now-less-than-%243-per-gh.html

The Story Link: http://thegenesisblock.com/cointerra-and-hashfast-sell-17m-of-bitcoin-miners-open-second-batch-sales/

you're a little late to the party....very late actually, but still appreciated. lol
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: