Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 06:20:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 161 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Are you afraid of hackers?  (Read 10440 times)
Anita1873

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 04:39:13 AM

Yes I am afraid of hackers and I think everyone also afraid of hackers because they always tried to steal your tokens/coins from your account. To avoid this always install a good antivirus and anti malware software on your system and use secure browsing of them. Your private key never share to anyone in any manner or on any unsecured site to prevent your account from hackers.

PTON PRE-SALE Live    █████████████     FORESTING     █████████████   PARTICIPATE NOW!
  █████ next-generation social media service based on blockchain technology   ██████
██ █  Twitter ● Facebook ● Youtube ● Telegram [EN] ● Telegram [KOR] ● Medium  █ ██ █ 
coinholic

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 05:13:00 AM

Recently Bloomberg posted the information that it took hackers less than 10 years to steal over 14% of all existing Bitcoins and Ethereum from the wallets of their holders. The total sum they have stolen is more than $1,2 billion! How to protect yourself from hackers attacks? Are you afraid of this stuff?
If you’re careless or negligent, then you should be! Hackers won’t be able to get into our accounts if we are vigilant and a little bit paranoid when it comes to safekeeping our private keys and passwords. These hackers will not seize to exist. They will always be around looking for more victims to prey upon. So it is up to us to build a strong barrier to prevent these people from feasting on our stupidity! Be smart! Be vigilant! And a bit of paranoia wouldn’t hurt.

paking.retard

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 05:30:41 AM

Yes, I am because once you been hacked theirs a possibility that you wont open again your all bitcoin account
nytstalker

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 05:40:01 AM

we all know what hackers can do. So we gonna afraid of hackers that's why we need to be carefull all the time.
dlhezter

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 05:45:58 AM

of course yes, no one has not afraid of hackers, if you are have more assets in cryptocurrency hackers are the very worst nightmare for us. they can attack you all the time to steal all your assets in just a seconds. so this topic really bothered me, i dont want to get hacked, no one wants to get hacked. just be safe all the time and dont trust anybody online, i mean, sites, emails, apps, all of this can the way of hacking so you better to be safe than sorry.
tushkanych

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 06:27:38 AM

There is a Russian proverb "the fear of wolves-in the woods not to go." As well from hackers. Just be careful. As little information as possible stored on your PC and generally use UNIX system
danyputera120990

Activity: 131

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 06:38:40 AM

I think this is a really serious problem. Of course I am afraid of hackers, because they can rob our money. We can lose our money any time and its hard to fight back.
Hemady17

Activity: 505
Merit: 35

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 06:44:42 AM

Recently Bloomberg posted the information that it took hackers less than 10 years to steal over 14% of all existing Bitcoins and Ethereum from the wallets of their holders. The total sum they have stolen is more than $1,2 billion! How to protect yourself from hackers attacks? Are you afraid of this stuff?

It is everyone nightmare to be the victim of hackers. Our hard earn money to be stolen only by bunch of looters in the internet. To add securities on my surfing I always use private mode or incognito and the most important is used license software. Virus usually get from free download software.

Base Protocol                                     Presale
Hold one token; Hold all tokens                [ Website ]
BitcoinTalk  |  Discord  |  Twitter  |  Medium  |  Telegram
chim_brisss

Activity: 101

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 06:46:17 AM

ofcourse, hackers take us a lot of benefit. i have some idea about protect against hackers
- Update your OS and other software frequently, if not automatically.
- Download up-to-date security programs, including antivirus and anti-malware software, anti-spyware, and a firewall (if your OS didn’t come pre-packaged with it)
- Destroy all traces of your personal info on hardware you plan on selling
- Do not use open wifi; it makes it too easy for hackers to steal your connection and download illegal files.
- Speaking of passwords: password protect all of your devices, including your desktop, laptop, phone, smartwatch, tablet, camera, lawnmower…
- Create difficult passwords and change them frequently. In addition, never use the same passwords across multiple services.
- Come up with creative answers for your security questions.
- Practice smart surfing and emailing.
- Don’t link accounts.
- Keep sensitive data off the cloud.
chelle5

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 06:52:15 AM

Yes i am afraid of them.And their capacity to hack each and every person or eatablishment or a system also.In which all of your hard earned money will be nothing.Leaving you nothing.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      JINBI      │       T H E   G O L D E N   I C O     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████                     JOIN ICO  -  21st  J U N E                     ████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Reddit           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Good Bo

Activity: 204

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 06:53:08 AM

Only way to protect is t be super careful. Have private keys of as much as possible crypto you have. Have as much as possible of this crypto in cold storage. Have a separate phone for 2FA and hot wallets. And another phone to use for calls and whatever.  Keep at least coins in wallets on your computer you work on and try to keep it virus and malware free. Also make sure to have your cold wallets secure and multiplied. And the last thing make sure that someone trustful have access to them and know how to open them if something happen to you.  Answer on your question is so complex actually.

There are so many things we have to do as your suggestion to make hacker can not touch our wallet.
The trustful people of course one of our family or husband/wife. We can give them full access.
Majharul Saiif

Activity: 512

BountyMarketCap

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 07:00:28 AM

Yes,I am very much afraid of hackers.Some days ago,my ether wallet was hacked.There has some valuable things which I got for working in this forum.But it is a matter of sorrow that no one can attack or take action for this .Generally ,hacker is harmful for us.But some are diffrent.

●   KEEP CALM & HODL   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  KCH  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
airdrophunter

Activity: 434

The Exchange for EOS Community

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 07:06:28 AM

Hackers are becoming more successful in some cases when their victims are not careful enough. If we all just be vigilant at all times, i dont think ackers will mostly succeed.

|   EOS Exchange   |▌       The Exchange for the EOS Community!       |   EOSex   |
                          ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                          
Whitepaper                 ANN Thread                 Telegram                 Twitter                 Mobile
Denies

Activity: 532
Merit: 170

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 07:08:34 AM

crime in cyberspace is becoming phenomenal, lately, bitcoin and other crypto become the target of many hackers. yes, a very profitable business. but I'm not too worried, because after all, the wallet's security system is always diligent to keep their security. and for us, should be more self-protection on the computer by activating the firewall and install antivirus that has been trusted.
haracutama

Activity: 107

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 07:10:07 AM

Of course
I am very concerned about that and here's the advice of investors and experts, edited for clarity and style:

Jonathan Levin, co-founder of Chainalysis

1. Before you open up an account on Coinbase [or other exchanges], set up an unique email that you are going to use for that account.

2. Make sure to set a really hard and long password, and you are the only one to access it from a piece of paper that you control.
Dan Romero, VP of operation at Coinbase

1. On Coinbase, turn off SMS-based two-factor authentication and account recovery for your email account. If you move to Google Authenticator but don't turn off SMS account recovery, a phone port attack can still lead to an email compromise.

2. On Coinbase, setup the Coinbase Vault and two-factor authentication for any sends off-site.

Sean Everett, VP of product management, Coinbase account was hacked by phone porting attack

1. Don't talk about cryptocurrency publicly, especially on social media.

2. Call your cellphone provider, put every level of security you possibly can, and add a passcode to it. The next level protection is to add a "do not port" SIM card to your account. That can last for a year.

3. Even though Coinbase says it takes security seriously and has system designs to protect customers, it's not a bank. Don't trust it as such.  Smiley Smiley
Bambangs

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 07:10:56 AM

I am not afraid, because what I fear only 2 is the god who is the creator and the second my parents especially the mother.
especially if only my hackers pasrahin just the god because later there will be a reply too.
which is important we focus on the work that has been given to our god through bitcoin.
LazyBitInvestor

Activity: 350
Merit: 101

Your professional profile on the blockchain

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 07:13:35 AM

Because of hackers I had to install Win10 with anti spectre/meltdown patches. I`m afraid only for those crypto which are in orders on exchanges. The most amount of cryptocurrencies I hold on cold storage Ledger Nano S. Cheap & Safe.

Bl4nk

Activity: 167

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 07:22:30 AM

Hackers are becoming more successful in some cases when their victims are not careful enough. If we all just be vigilant at all times, i dont think ackers will mostly succeed.

I think if the file holder is careful, I'm pretty sure hackers will not be able to steal your money in the wallet. As you say this, I strongly agree. Because a lot of fake websites are made to steal your wallet . Essentially you have to keep important a file. And a good way to get me, always bookmark the original website, with the aim that you are not wrong website and stuck in fraud website. If you want to be very careful, always hide It concerns your wallet
Cvontyua74

Activity: 76

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 07:34:35 AM

Everyone scare hackers, those guys can get all of ours money. But i thing when i stored crypto currency at some big exchange, they will make ours crypto safe there.
chardalba

Activity: 20

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 07:46:58 AM

yes.. of course ... think everyone don't like to happen been hacked.. its instantly lose you money/investment and your time in a matter of second..  Sad Sad Sad Sad
we need extra extra careful and follow the security precautions the avoid hack.  Smiley Smiley Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 161 »
  Print  

Jump to: