Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:23:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Best competitors to Ethereum?  (Read 11131 times)
iSparta

Activity: 728
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 10:11:01 PM

Currently there are dozens popular blockchain platforms used for smart contracts competing with Ethereum. Most popular among them are EOS, Stellar, Cardano, Ethereum Classic, NEO, NEM, VeChain, Qtum, Lisk and Zilliqa.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tomboi

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 11:06:45 PM

In this year, there are some coins whose growth has skyrocketed and helped to develop the platform to become the foundation of the ICO. The development is increasing from the ICO one to several other ICOs that exist today. Investors for EOS continue to arrive and continue to grow, making EOS value increasing and strong to further increase it. That growth makes EOS a new competitor for ETH.
zero714309

Activity: 749
Merit: 13

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 11:18:50 PM

If from ICO platform then I would choose XLM. In 2017 xlm reach new ATH after has good partnership with IBM and still a lot of good things. And in 2018 a lot ICO select xlm as a platform. For real project I prefer xlm. So many scam project from eth platform and I think eth need to more strict in terms of security for smart contract.
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 02:51:00 AM

Everyone one will answer your question with so many different coins. But if i am to tell my opinion, it will be Ethereum itself. Ethereum though is the best altcoin till date but still it has some flaws that is not letting it being the best cryptocurrency by overtaking Bitcoin.

Agree. So many competitors, yet none of them had been able to obtain the level of popularity as Ethereum. Due to its simplicity for developing smart contracts, as well as, a wide user base, Ethereum has been the number one choice for ICOs to launch their own tokens. However, it's known that other Ethereum alternatives are improving over time. As such, it should only be a matter of time before they could become as strong as Ethereum in security, reliability, and ease of use.

There are so many great competitors that have a lot of potential in the future such as NEO, EOS, Cardano, RootStock, Zilliqa, IOST, and TRON. Each have their own consensus algorithms, and unique features, which could provide various use cases for the mainstream world. In this bull market, it's best to accumulate as much of these coins as you can, since it's hoped that in the future, businesses and companies will begin using smart contracts for their own benefit.

Nevertheless, while Ethereum will remain as the leader of smart contracts for a long time, its rivals have a good chance of becoming viable alternatives in the future. Just my opinion Smiley

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
PhilipDon

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 03:06:33 AM

Which are the best competitors to Ethereum, and why do you think so?

(I know on top of my head that Cardano and IOTA try to challenge Ethereum,
although they still haven't proved much from my understanding?)

Up to now, the best competitor to Ethereum is Ripple, ripple already defeat Ethereum in coinmarketcap.
kiansantan

Activity: 504

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 03:11:38 AM

If Ethereum is used more than NEO, then ethereum will remain the leader in the smart contract space. NEO is the closest competitor against Ethereum at this time. This is the most functional and feature-rich smart contract platform that can rival Ethereum in the future.
memFISTO

Activity: 322

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 06:27:10 AM

Cardano is great, because it has much more opportunites to offer. Most of modern gambling blockchain applications run on cardano and nothing seem to change in the neares future.
robaya

Activity: 348
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 06:31:47 AM

Cardano is great, because it has much more opportunites to offer. Most of modern gambling blockchain applications run on cardano and nothing seem to change in the neares future.
yes, cardano is now developing quite fast, but unfortunately it can't compete with the popularity of ethereum. blockchain ethereum is used by many other platforms. look, how much crypto uses the blockchain ethereum.
Big-bigger-bitcoin

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 08:04:27 AM

thanks for sharing. I think Ethereum 's best opponent is neo. I think it would be funny to think of the already very small subcoins. Neo is the only platform that will be able to compete with its features and the nep-5 sub-structure.
But in case of marketcap Ripple have got the second position from it. Ripple has its own field but as a currency now it has defeated the ethereum and this has done much more to attract the investors to itself and made many investors from ethereum also invest in Ripple.
fbastage

Activity: 367
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 04:15:05 PM

EOS, NEO, Cardano. This is the group of projects that can compete with Ethereum and even overtake It in the near future. It is quite possible and real.
Sondale

Activity: 252

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 04:17:00 PM

bitcoin i think and maybe noe or eos something like this and you need to understajd taht it is ok not fo invest in the famous ones
Sondale

Activity: 252

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 04:17:54 PM

EOS, NEO, Cardano. This is the group of projects that can compete with Ethereum and even overtake It in the near future. It is quite possible and real.

you can invest in the different types of coins and they do not necessatry should look loke bitcoin or ethereum just make sure they are not scammers
m0Ray

Activity: 868
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 05:05:24 PM

Yes, any little bit of a good project can now act as a competitor for Ethereum. He's not showing anything unusual right now.
nianastasia62

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 05:29:37 PM

To be honest, I used to think that this is EOS but after I noticed that it practically does not use for ICO, I think that Ethereum has no competitors !

GIGZI - INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
www.gigzi.com
Linhkej

Activity: 350

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 05:34:20 PM

In today's market crypto is very diverse and rich. ETH is a potential currency that many people know but the top of the rankings is always the BTC. BTC is one of the most competitive currencies with ETH. BTC creates a high level of trust that attracts interest from investors. BTC will thrive in the future.
mine2slow

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 05:38:21 PM

bitcoin i think and maybe noe or eos something like this and you need to understajd taht it is ok not fo invest in the famous ones
I think EOS and NEO are the best competitors, because they are also smart contract. NEO supports many languages, and EOS lets community to vote for the changes in the code so it's very attractive in the long run.
Linhkej

Activity: 350

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 05:39:14 PM

As far as I see current investors use ETH more than BTC because of its stability in the market. BTC is always one of the most volatile markets today making investors insecure and fearful. I agree with your opinion, ETH has become the current trend of people.
res1dentev7

Activity: 196
Merit: 11

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 05:45:03 PM

I think Ripple is the best competitor to ethereum because it is looks much better than ETH now even while market is such bad condition.

■         ■         ■         ■         ■         ■         L B X         ■         ■         ■         ■         ■         ■
■     The London Block Exchange     ■──[│  P R E S A L E is L I V E !  │]──■
■  Facebook  ■  Twitter  ■  Medium  ■──  Download On  ──[ GOOGLE PLAYAPP STORE ]──■
escalante28

Activity: 742
Merit: 42

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 06:12:07 PM

I just notice that ethereum  has a fork name ETI which has the same function of ethereum but the transaction  is 2.5 faster that the ethereum.  They have also a good developer, so maybe this will be the best competitor  for ethereum. Second  is the NEM blockchain that is improving so fast. And third is the EOS blockchain.
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 12:34:14 AM

yes, cardano is now developing quite fast, but unfortunately it can't compete with the popularity of ethereum. blockchain ethereum is used by many other platforms. look, how much crypto uses the blockchain ethereum.

That's certainly true, mate. However, that could change anytime soon, if Ethereum doesn't scale on-time. Other competitors have already adopted unique scalability solutions to handle anything within their path. They allow smart contracts to execute at a faster rate and at a cheaper cost than Ethereum itself. As such, if Ethereum takes too long to adopt Casper PoS and Sharding, then other rivals will have a huge advantage over it.

Cardano promises to deliver a solid smart contract platform with formal verification and PoS consensus. It has a dedicated development team with a well-thought roadmap, which aims to improve Cardano over time. Once Cardano's VM gains full steam ahead, then things will become interesting as developers would have another alternative to choose for their dApps. On the other hand, NEO has some promising tech to enable a smart economy. With the upcoming release of NEO 3.0, things will become better as it'll improve in performance every step of the way. That leaves us with EOS, which is another smart contract platform with blazing fast speeds and zero fees.

With no costs at all to send transactions or even execute a smart contract on EOS, it could become the number one choice for dApps and Tokens in the future. Of course, the only downside is that EOS is somewhat centralized, which is prone to manipulation from Block Producers. However, that might change in the future, as Dan Larimer proposed a new EOS Constitution for the improvement of EOS' Arbitration process.

As such, we're seeing new smart contract platforms emerging with better tech, features, and performance than Ethereum. Therefore, it should only be a matter of time before developers choose other alternatives besides Ethereum, if the original smart contract platform doesn't improve in performance ASAP. Just my opinion Smiley

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Pages: « 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 »
  Print  

Jump to: