Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:01:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 274 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🌟🌟🚀 [ANN] CRYPTOFLIX 🌟🌟🚀 Watch Movies. Fund Films. Get Cryptos. Repeat.  (Read 42456 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
niklasmato

Activity: 616
Merit: 263

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 10:06:33 PM

is there something know, how much those movies will cost to watch? is there a pricelist?
It's too early to talk about this, first will be need to conclude contracts with film studios, that everything would be in the legal field. In addition, as dev was said earlier - they plan to start from the poor countries - so I think that these will be affordable prices.

which countries are they going to start? india? china? thailand? is there anything known?

I asked the same question too in my earlier post. Never heard back from the devs?

They did respond

1) We do intend for CRYPTOFLIX to be a worldwide service, however the intention is to start in the underdeveloped, underbanked world, namely Asia, South America and Africa and expand from there. If you read the White Paper there is an analysis of both the competition and the markets and for paid content our first markets will be the unbanked population of the world who today have little or no other option than to watch pirated movies.

I think it's a very good market for platforms like these...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
belechau

Activity: 686
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 10:21:46 PM

is there something know, how much those movies will cost to watch? is there a pricelist?
It's too early to talk about this, first will be need to conclude contracts with film studios, that everything would be in the legal field. In addition, as dev was said earlier - they plan to start from the poor countries - so I think that these will be affordable prices.

which countries are they going to start? india? china? thailand? is there anything known?

I asked the same question too in my earlier post. Never heard back from the devs?

They did respond

1) We do intend for CRYPTOFLIX to be a worldwide service, however the intention is to start in the underdeveloped, underbanked world, namely Asia, South America and Africa and expand from there. If you read the White Paper there is an analysis of both the competition and the markets and for paid content our first markets will be the unbanked population of the world who today have little or no other option than to watch pirated movies.

It is an excellent way of seeing things, there is really a much greater possibility of expansion, if you start in a less developed country, you will gradually grow and conquer new spaces from this. Many confuse Cryptoflix with a form of aggressive combat against piracy, but you can not stop piracy, just provide a better and more reliable source to those who need it, and Cryptoflix can do this role well
cmg12

Activity: 280
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 10:35:08 PM

They did respond

It is an excellent way of seeing things, there is really a much greater possibility of expansion, if you start in a less developed country, you will gradually grow and conquer new spaces from this. Many confuse Cryptoflix with a form of aggressive combat against piracy, but you can not stop piracy, just provide a better and more reliable source to those who need it, and Cryptoflix can do this role well
You're right but bear in mind that less developed countries bring higher operational risks
turkandjaydee

Activity: 1456
Merit: 567

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 11:58:26 PM

You are trying to curtail piracy by watermarking copies of films with an ID linked to a payment on the blockchain. What happens when you have found the payment? In many cases purchases of pirated content are done with stolen credit cards.

I think it's time to give up on the notion of stopping piracy from happening. it's not gonna happen. best if the dev's focus on having a good platform , rather than ineffective anti-piracy measures.

Exactly, no platform can stop piracy completely or even more, stop purchases with a stolen credit card. In my opinion that is also a job of the creditcard company not Cryptoflix. Just offer a platform that is much more user friendly then pirating. I pirate only when the legal offer is more work for me then pirating.

In the past there were platforms like netflix and amazon not that public and easy to access. Today you need more time to search, download, and transfer a movie to TV than just paying a few $.
The platform need to be easy to access, not that expensive and innovative. The approach that an ID gets into the movie is good, but blockchain is anonymous.
Just look at the music platform like Joox / Spotify, almost all of my friends are using it and not looking for a free song on google anymore.
Frank37

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 12:14:27 AM

You are trying to curtail piracy by watermarking copies of films with an ID linked to a payment on the blockchain. What happens when you have found the payment? In many cases purchases of pirated content are done with stolen credit cards.

I think it's time to give up on the notion of stopping piracy from happening. it's not gonna happen. best if the dev's focus on having a good platform , rather than ineffective anti-piracy measures.

Exactly, no platform can stop piracy completely or even more, stop purchases with a stolen credit card. In my opinion that is also a job of the creditcard company not Cryptoflix. Just offer a platform that is much more user friendly then pirating. I pirate only when the legal offer is more work for me then pirating.

In the past there were platforms like netflix and amazon not that public and easy to access. Today you need more time to search, download, and transfer a movie to TV than just paying a few $.
The platform need to be easy to access, not that expensive and innovative. The approach that an ID gets into the movie is good, but blockchain is anonymous.
Just look at the music platform like Joox / Spotify, almost all of my friends are using it and not looking for a free song on google anymore.
Yes, but my friends are using spotify free, not premium. Smiley

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
saintkamei

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 12:40:07 AM

They did respond

Thank you. In my part of Asia, we now have a couple of homegrown as well as netflix competing for the market. But the titles are too few and limited. It would be one service for GOT and another one for Band of Brothers. If Cryptoflix can come up with solutions to the payment and the titles too, it will be a great deal of success.

MIDEX ● BLOCKCHAIN BASED FINANCIAL PLATFORM
▬ with Licensed Exchange approved by Swiss Bankers and Lawyers
# WEBANN + BountyTelegramFacebookTwitterBlog # GET TOKENS #
PS92

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 01:32:28 AM

I thought if they will manage to gain their special audience they may avoid competition. However, they need some unique stuff for that

I think they can do that, I think there some under the radar films that netflix or any video stream platform missed. So this can be win win situation.

A unique crowd for cryptoflix and a platform for special audiences.

My bet would go with high quality production made by themself. Everyone can rent a blockbuster movie but if you produce oyur own stuff. Maybe some real good book/comic/manga adaptions nobody else wants to do....

I think that's not a bad idea. That's a niche that lots of crypto enthusiast would enjoy

Isn't that exactly the thing they plan to do with the option to crowdfund movie projects? I mean, they are not exactly making their own movies but giving producers the possibility to realize projects that won't be recorded otherwise.

It is, but i meant i liked the idea to go for niche entertainment first.

Token Williams

Activity: 310
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 02:34:41 AM

You can't kill piracy.

You can reduce it with good services. Cryptoflix can be one of this.

Good service and affordable prices can be the key for Cryptoflix.

True, it needs to be supersimple. Like an in app wallet/exchange kinda thing.
toolucky98

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 02:37:26 AM

They did respond

Thank you. In my part of Asia, we now have a couple of homegrown as well as netflix competing for the market. But the titles are too few and limited. It would be one service for GOT and another one for Band of Brothers. If Cryptoflix can come up with solutions to the payment and the titles too, it will be a great deal of success.
There are many crypto people in Asia, i agree that this continent is a great place to start.
And yeah i think  that it would be great if you we can find any film that we want to watch in cryptoflix, especially the popular one.
Also a comfortable interface.
crazyfrog01

Activity: 308
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 02:44:28 AM

They did respond

At first I thought it is maybe bad to start there, but after thinking about it it is maybe really clever. People there often have no access to bank systems and credit cards. If they see that they could make an crypto currency wallet easily which is needed for payments here, they would maybe do this instead. If the market grows and more and more user are joining, the base for expanding into other countries is there and it gets much more easy then probably.

Sandblock  ❱❱  Decentralized consortium of brands and customers
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬          WhitepaperTelegramAnn Thread          ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
❰ TOKEN SALE ❱ MAY 16
mike0182

Activity: 420
Merit: 136

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 04:57:52 AM

Today I've learnt more about the value proposition of Cryptoflix. The things I learnt was that iTunes/Netflix can take a long time to pay content creators (and Cryptoflix will be able to pay instantly), and also that there will be a lower minimum quality of movies/video on the platform

Cryptoflix will need to feature as many improvements as possible in order to compete with the establishment. My favorite is the payments for investments.

the road is still long and difficult, there are going to be a lot of legal stuff involved in doing something like that, however is something new and interesting if they manage to do it

what is soft cap requirement for this project? All those partnerships should be consider in softcap.

The caps are minimum 3k ETH and maximum 25k ETH. The tokens will be compliant to the latest ERC223 standard, so it will be smart contract-based. The token sale date is provisionally April 15th.
What is this ERC-223 standard? I heard only about the standard of erc-20 (eth)

ERC-223 has some critical issues, it's no longer used imo.

The main and the most important is lack of event handling mechanism of ERC20 standard.

Lol I don't know where you get you informations but it's the other way around, it's well exapalined on github https://github.com/ethereum/EIPs/issues/223

This paragraph:

Another disadvantages of ERC20 that ERC223 will solve:

Lack of transfer handling possibility.
Loss of tokens.
Token-transactions should match Ethereum ideology of uniformity. When a user wants to transfer tokens, he should always call transfer. It doesn't matter if the user is depositing to a contract or sending to an externally owned account.

Thank you for your clarification! Now i already read about ERC-223, before I did not come across such a standard..

beeelzebub

Activity: 602
Merit: 101

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2018, 05:28:41 AM

Erc-223 is better than erc-20 but the problem is etherscan or ethplorer can't show those. You need to add tokens manually to mew.

It would be great to have a erc-223 Explorer.

pynetx

Activity: 798
Merit: 262

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 05:33:52 AM

I pirate because almost for every good flick, geo-restriction is there.
Frickeladm

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 05:41:43 AM

Interesting point. Will Cryptoflix use geoblockings? I really dont see a need in it if there are no big companys involved
mike0182

Activity: 420
Merit: 136

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 05:53:04 AM

Erc-223 is better than erc-20 but the problem is etherscan or ethplorer can't show those. You need to add tokens manually to mew.

It would be great to have a erc-223 Explorer.
I think this is not a problem, there is nothing difficult to add markers manually, although I agree that the Explorer ERC-223 would be more convenient

Frickeladm

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 06:35:18 AM

Georestriction will be hard to stir around. Its usually because of licencing. You can do that to your originals for sure but licence a movie internationally in every country....boi thats expensive!
magisterr

Activity: 1372
Merit: 259

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 07:14:31 AM

If a filmmaker was to exhibit a movie "only" on a lesser known blockchain based streaming platform, then there will be little or no profits to share with investors and likely break even is far far away.

We want the FLIX Token holders to be able to invest in quality Movies made by experienced filmmakers with the intent of taking it all the way - to ensure a maximum earning potential.

Can you answer me? You will check this filmmakers? Or how investors will know about them, if this will be unknown filmmaker?
jonnytracker

Activity: 672
Merit: 261

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 07:55:51 AM

If a filmmaker was to exhibit a movie "only" on a lesser known blockchain based streaming platform, then there will be little or no profits to share with investors and likely break even is far far away.

We want the FLIX Token holders to be able to invest in quality Movies made by experienced filmmakers with the intent of taking it all the way - to ensure a maximum earning potential.

Can you answer me? You will check this filmmakers? Or how investors will know about them, if this will be unknown filmmaker?

I think they will submit project for revision and the investors vote on multiple project of their choice
omwibya

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 08:00:59 AM

I think they will submit project for revision and the investors vote on multiple project of their choice

most likely it will be like kickstarter. a team presents their project and try to persuade you to invest.

⧱▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ●     Uchit - The Hub of Communication and Collaboration based on Blockchain Technology.     ●  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⧱
⧱▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬      Whitepaper     Facebook     Twitter     Telegram       ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⧱
PRE-ICO | 1st April 2018
Makkara

Activity: 1064
Merit: 166

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 08:30:23 AM

this is a good point there could be people trying to scam with fake movies and productions, i think is reasonable to assume the platform should check who start a campaign to produce something

Pi Network - mining app for phone: https://minepi.com/spippolino
Blockfolio trading: https://blockfolio.com/trading?r=MvFRE7EX98
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 274 »
  Print  

Jump to: