Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:10:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 [162] 163 164 165 166 »
  Print  
Author Topic: MasterCoin Buyer/Seller Thread  (Read 226635 times)
BitThink
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 11:36:12 AM

To be fair XCP was also a hurry launch, counterpartyd code is barely held together. Their approach is to release alpha product and let users test with real xcp. Reference client shouldn't be done in python as library dependency issues, plus it's not type safe, the client has been crashing many times due to runtime exceptions, silly bugs, etc. I hope the community help rebuilding it as something self-contained like a jar package.
I agree with you. Actually I prefer Go to Java. I planned to rewrite the whole counterpartyd with Go, but failed due to lack of time. It, however, may not take a lot of work. I guess an experienced Go programmer (better than me) could finish porting in less than a week.

They initially try to test XCP with test BTC, but found nobody is testing cause almost no one is using test BTC. Building test XCP based on real BTC, like MSC did, could be a better idea.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitThink
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 11:37:23 AM

Your credibility is zero.  There is code.  
I am sure BitThink knows there is code at work. His point was that he thinks progress could have been faster. Do you disagree? I think even J.R will agree to that, he left his job to speed development. From the Master Protocol Developer Updates it those seem that the developers are working double-overtime.
Thank you, peled1986. Really appreciate your help in clarification.
SyRenity

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 11:43:47 AM

To be fair XCP was also a hurry launch, counterpartyd code can barely held together. Their approach is to release alpha product and let users test with real xcp. Reference client shouldn't be done in python as library dependency issues, plus it's not type safe, the client has been crashing many times due to runtime exceptions, silly bugs, etc. I hope the community help rebuilding it as something self-contained like a jar package.

While you have some points, do remember that Python allows a very rapid prototyping of concepts. In fact, BTC itself was prototyped in Python first.
So while in the long term, switching to any typesafe language is definitely preferable, for testing the concepts Python will do just well.
StarenseN
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 1362

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 12:51:07 PM

I'm just saying they could be hired full time long ago and then the progress could be much faster.

This is what the board did after a couple of bounty projects. Back in november, they hired the best elements (almost all).

Can you imagine that almost all the DEV were already working and decided to drop their jobs and bosses to switch to MSC. It's not happening in 1 day. So it took a couple of weeks to regulate their situations and switch full time to MSC project. End of March tachikoma & his buddy/colleague will be 100% available.

We will be dividing our time between Mastercoin and our old workplace since we sadly can’t just get up and leave them without proper notice. We will be starting with a 20% position in January and should be full-time in April. Although there is still a chance we might be able to go full-time quicker than that.

http://blog.mastercoin.org/2013/12/31/introducing-first-two-full-time-mastercoin-developers/
TKeenan

Activity: 874

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 02:19:53 PM

I'm just saying they could be hired full time long ago and then the progress could be much faster.

This is what the board did after a couple of bounty projects. Back in november, they hired the best elements (almost all).

Can you imagine that almost all the DEV were already working and decided to drop their jobs and bosses to switch to MSC. It's not happening in 1 day. So it took a couple of weeks to regulate their situations and switch full time to MSC project. End of March tachikoma & his buddy/colleague will be 100% available.
Impatient idiots like BitThink want this to happen overnight.  I think the opposite of him.  MSC made insane steps forward in the first two months.  JR was very excited by the progress from day 1 and I was too.  Rome wasn't built in a day.  BitThink just wants it to be released overnight.  This shows he doesn't understand software development.  That isn't how it works.  If MSC had 25 million in the bank, they could spin up a staff of 10 overnight and pay out all the old work contracts.  But that is not necessary.  What's the hurry? 
Herp

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 02:33:43 PM

Impatient idiots like BitThink want this to happen overnight.  I think the opposite of him.  MSC made insane steps forward in the first two months.  JR was very excited by the progress from day 1 and I was too.  Rome wasn't built in a day.  BitThink just wants it to be released overnight.  This shows he doesn't understand software development.  That isn't how it works.  If MSC had 25 million in the bank, they could spin up a staff of 10 overnight and pay out all the old work contracts.  But that is not necessary.  What's the hurry?  

I agree there are good things going on. Thing is everyone's buying into the hype of these new releases that over-promise  and will most likely under-deliver.

What people don't get is that MSC has 1st mover advantage, which is way bigger than people think. They have a distributed exchange in very advanced stage, which competition doesn't have. All competition has is decentralized chat and BS like that, something that existed for years (checkTorchat).

I also think you've misread BitThink. He's not impatient. He just owns stake in this other 2.0 coin, just check his sig. Not even sure he owns any MSCs. He obviously owns way more Counterparty coins tham Mastercoin judging by his sig.

However, I don't see MSC price going up short term because of these new upcoming releases eMunie and Ethereum. Lots of people will buy into that. This Max coin, which is another crap coin is getting lots of hype also. This context offers best Mastercoin buying opportunity since the Exodus address IPO.

███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[D]ecentralized application
[E]liminated third parties
[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

TKeenan

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 03:13:44 PM

However, I don't see MSC price going up short term because of these new upcoming releases eMunie and Ethereum. Lots of people will buy into that. This Max coin, which is another crap coin is getting lots of hype also. This context offers best Mastercoin buying opportunity since the Exodus address IPO.

Let people sell their MSC to buy eMunie.  Who cares?  This only reduces the price of MSC - it doesn't subtract from the value.  The value of the Master protocol lies in the functionality which can be built rather than the current price on the MasterXchange.  Because the MSC market is so very thin and inefficient the price means almost nothing.  A few jittery speculators can take the price from .25 to .10 in a few days.  The only people who care about that are those who are forced to liquidate a MSC position today.  However, those who will be holding MSC for more than 1 year don't give a damn what the price is today.  In one year, the true value of MSC will start to show.  The price will reflect the value of MSC then. Today, the price is merely wild speculators jumping from one ship to another without regard whatever for the underlying technology.  

Look at NXT - garbage.  Solves nothing at all.  The 'green' solution.  lol.  Energy consumption via mining is very small.  Nobody is leaving the bitcoin for eco-reasons.  Yet, some good marketing and Wham!  Market cap of billions.  Speculators are easily moved by hype.  But that doesn't effect how fast the coders at MSC can write good code.  People come to these forums screaming and yelling about urgency - to pump up their position and the price of their current bet.  All of these projects will take time to build well.  

If you want to make a quick buck - go tell the world how important Dogecoin is - then sell next week.  Otherwise, think of some way you can contribute to making Mastercoin more useful.  Bitthink isn't doing anyone favors by standing around yelling 'hurry'.  Contrary to what he says, MSC is advancing at a very good pace.  His failure to understand this only affects very few people and most of those a mere speculators playing with various alts.  

jeroenn13

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 03:44:40 PM
Last edit: February 03, 2014, 08:06:41 PM by jeroenn13

We will be dividing our time between Mastercoin and our old workplace since we sadly can’t just get up and leave them without proper notice. We will be starting with a 20% position in January and should be full-time in April. Although there is still a chance we might be able to go full-time quicker than that.

http://blog.mastercoin.org/2013/12/31/introducing-first-two-full-time-mastercoin-developers/

Not according to this post:
http://www.nl.reddit.com/r/mastercoin/comments/1wieea/mastercoind_update_from_maran_and_jeff_go/

"Note that Maran & Jeff were only employed at a 20% during January. This will change to 100% pretty in Feb, and development speed is bound to increase significantly."

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
BitThink
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 02:17:37 AM
Last edit: February 04, 2014, 04:26:49 AM by BitThink

Impatient idiots like BitThink want this to happen overnight.  I think the opposite of him.  MSC made insane steps forward in the first two months.  JR was very excited by the progress from day 1 and I was too.  Rome wasn't built in a day.  BitThink just wants it to be released overnight.  This shows he doesn't understand software development.  That isn't how it works.  If MSC had 25 million in the bank, they could spin up a staff of 10 overnight and pay out all the old work contracts.  But that is not necessary.  What's the hurry?  

I agree there are good things going on. Thing is everyone's buying into the hype of these new releases that over-promise  and will most likely under-deliver.

What people don't get is that MSC has 1st mover advantage, which is way bigger than people think. They have a distributed exchange in very advanced stage, which competition doesn't have. All competition has is decentralized chat and BS like that, something that existed for years (checkTorchat).

I also think you've misread BitThink. He's not impatient. He just owns stake in this other 2.0 coin, just check his sig. Not even sure he owns any MSCs. He obviously owns way more Counterparty coins tham Mastercoin judging by his sig.

I invested more on MSC than XCP. If I am not interested on MSC, I will not be here.

I've only had two sigs ever. The current one is to promote my own explorer site (now replaced with a better one developed by mtbitcoin), and the previous one is to promote Mastercoin faucet.

Last word, remember the price of MSC only depends on the progress of the project, not people saying good or bad here. Fortunately, JR and the foundation took the complaints seriously and not like what you did here.

BitThink
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 02:29:12 AM
Last edit: February 04, 2014, 02:45:08 AM by BitThink

In stead of opinions, I will just list some facts here.
The white paper version 0.1 was published on 1/6/2013, and the fund raising was finished on 31/8/2013. Back in November, Peter Todd was hired full time as a scientist. Tachikoma (author of Mastercoin-explorer) and his friend was hired full time on late December (but will only be really full time until April 2014), and Zathras (author of Masterchest.info) on 10 January.
Herp

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 02:34:54 AM

Panel Ethereum, Mastercoin, Protoshares (video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-9miCOsg4g#t=1541

████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

TKeenan

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 04:48:16 AM

Here are some facts: you are a pain in the ass.  

If you don't like the pace of Mastercoin, you are permitted to fork the protocol and run yours at any pace you see agreeable.  Please stop accusing the team of insufficient progress and go build your own thing if you are dissatisfied.  You will learn later it is a great insult to suggest those guys who have been busting their ass late at night are not getting far enough, fast enough for your tiny investment to perform to your expectations.  I assure you, quite a good number of people here are 'all in'.  Have you seen what Johnston has done?  He has worked very hard tirelessly to advance the community.  Now shut the fuck up until you understand what you are saying - and then still shut the fuck up.

Last word, ...
promises, promises.  I wish we had your 'last word'.
BitThink
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 05:38:05 AM

Here are some facts: you are a pain in the ass.  

If you don't like the pace of Mastercoin, you are permitted to fork the protocol and run yours at any pace you see agreeable.  Please stop accusing the team of insufficient progress and go build your own thing if you are dissatisfied.  You will learn later it is a great insult to suggest those guys who have been busting their ass late at night are not getting far enough, fast enough for your tiny investment to perform to your expectations.  I assure you, quite a good number of people here are 'all in'.  Have you seen what Johnston has done?  He has worked very hard tirelessly to advance the community.  Now shut the fuck up until you understand what you are saying - and then still shut the fuck up.

Last word, ...
promises, promises.  I wish we had your 'last word'.
I think you have some problem in understanding other's words, as I have told you again and again that I am not blaming anyone here. What I said was just that slow progress BEFORE contributes to current low price of MSC. From now on, the foundation should better to spend fund quicker and hire more full time developers so that MSC will not lose the first arriver advantage. Please don't keep attacking the straw man.

Moreover, all those dirty words do not make you cool, but only dirty in this community. In this forum, you are what you said. Therefore, I really suggest you to watch your mouth and behave like a civilized adult, in case you cherish your account.
TKeenan

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 09:23:01 AM

in case you cherish your account.
I don't.  Fuck you.

contributes to current low price of MSC.
The current price of MSC only has to do with the over selling of shares by JR and Grazcoin who dumped a load of shares into a thinly traded market.  I'll bet 99% of MSC holders remain very optimistic about the future and progress.  Even those selling JR and Graz - have not lost faith in the project.  

You anticipate the notion that the price has gone down because people have less belief of success today than at some earlier time.  I challenge that notion.  Unloading a lot of shares into a weakly traded market caused the price drop - not slow development.  

I am going to tell you one more time, shut the fuck up and go buy more MSC.  What the hell kind of moron buys Dogecoin and XCP anyway?

BitThink
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 09:40:25 AM

in case you cherish your account.
I don't.  Fuck you.

contributes to current low price of MSC.
The current price of MSC only has to do with the over selling of shares by JR and Grazcoin who dumped a load of shares into a thinly traded market.  I'll bet 99% of MSC holders remain very optimistic about the future and progress.  Even those selling JR and Graz - have not lost faith in the project.  

You anticipate the notion that the price has gone down because people have less belief of success today than at some earlier time.  I challenge that notion.  Unloading a lot of shares into a weakly traded market caused the price drop - not slow development.  

I am going to tell you one more time, shut the fuck up and go buy more MSC.  What the hell kind of moron buys Dogecoin and XCP anyway?

Ignoring your first and last sentence, I think your post is still valuable and your opinion is reasonable.

The dump from JR and Graz of course is one of the main reasons, but the competition is also a valid reason. I believe the old investors, including me, are still holding, but the new demand may be diversified by the new choices. Let's assume there're no Nxt and XCP, then probably at least some part of them would choose to buy MSC, and we will certainly see a higher MSC price.

Anyway, if the DEX released soon is stable and usable enough, people will just come and the price will rise significantly. Therefore, as I said before, the price depends on the progress rather than what we say here. 
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 10:00:36 AM

Yet another pointless PM from TKeenan DGurlari.....

"What's the problem?  Why don't you go fuck yourself?   You asked for niceties as part of a transaction - I don't give those.  I just give MSC.  For people who demand niceties - I say go fuck yourself.  Where's the trouble with that?  I don't have to do a deal with pleasantries - it is just BTC for MSC.  If you are looking for more than that, you shouldn't respond to my offers.  Got it now?"

And here is another one from last week....

"panic up - like those pussies and get your price down to .158 and I'll take them."

I hope people are now as informed as i, and are able to make a considered decision.
BitThink. See the pattern above, for reason to not take the abuse personally, but i can see you dont need that, as that last post will discombobulate his boorish brain.  Wink
He just doesnt get how much emotion he has invested in MSC. If only he understood the virtues of diversity......monetary and psychologically.

Cue the abuse.  Sad  
BitThink
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 10:14:22 AM

"What's the problem?  Why don't you go fuck yourself?   You asked for niceties as part of a transaction - I don't give those.  I just give MSC.  For people who demand niceties - I say go fuck yourself.  Where's the trouble with that?  I don't have to do a deal with pleasantries - it is just BTC for MSC.  If you are looking for more than that, you shouldn't respond to my offers.  Got it now?"

"panic up - like those pussies and get your price down to .158 and I'll take them."

I hope people are now as informed as i, and are able to make a considered decision.
BitThink. See the pattern above, for reason to not take the abuse personally, but i can see you dont need that, as that last post will discombobulate his boorish brain.  Wink
He just doesnt get how much emotion he has invested in MSC. If only he understood the virtues of diversity......monetary and psychologically.

Cue the abuse.  Sad  
Thanks a lot, stereotype. I do feel better after seeing his previous PMs you shown me. Smiley
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 10:22:40 AM

Cue the abuse.  Sad  
Thanks a lot, stereotype. I do feel better after seeing his previous PMs you shown me. Smiley
We are in good company!...... https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=106373.msg4732422#msg4732422
Herp

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 10:47:26 AM

"What's the problem?  Why don't you go fuck yourself?   You asked for niceties as part of a transaction - I don't give those.  I just give MSC.  For people who demand niceties - I say go fuck yourself.  Where's the trouble with that?  I don't have to do a deal with pleasantries - it is just BTC for MSC.  If you are looking for more than that, you shouldn't respond to my offers.  Got it now?"

BitThink. See the pattern above, for reason to not take the abuse personally, but i can see you dont need that, as that last post will discombobulate his boorish brain.  Wink

Cue the abuse.  Sad  

Pfft. You guys need to grow a pair of balls and/or put your weak hands down your pants to relive those high stress levels.

diversification is for people who don't know what they're doing - Warren Buffett

I rest my fucking case. Wink

@BitThink
Can you give us your MSC address to see how many MSC you're holding? Sign that address for us or send tiny amount to another MSC address to prove you really own some?

Since you develop software for rival MSC project, ofc you're pushing that project and want that to succeed vs MSC. That's why you have it in your sig, so don't be a hypocrite and admit it that stake you have in that other project is way bigger than one you might have in MSC and I stress MIGHT.

████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

BitThink
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 12:06:48 PM

"What's the problem?  Why don't you go fuck yourself?   You asked for niceties as part of a transaction - I don't give those.  I just give MSC.  For people who demand niceties - I say go fuck yourself.  Where's the trouble with that?  I don't have to do a deal with pleasantries - it is just BTC for MSC.  If you are looking for more than that, you shouldn't respond to my offers.  Got it now?"

BitThink. See the pattern above, for reason to not take the abuse personally, but i can see you dont need that, as that last post will discombobulate his boorish brain.  Wink

Cue the abuse.  Sad  

Pfft. You guys need to grow a pair of balls and/or put your weak hands down your pants to relive those high stress levels.

diversification is for people who don't know what they're doing - Warren Buffett

I rest my fucking case. Wink

@BitThink
Can you give us your MSC address to see how many MSC you're holding? Sign that address for us or send tiny amount to another MSC address to prove you really own some?

Since you develop software for rival MSC project, ofc you're pushing that project and want that to succeed vs MSC. That's why you have it in your sig, so don't be a hypocrite and admit it that stake you have in that other project is way bigger than one you might have in MSC and I stress MIGHT.

When did I push another project in this thread? Could you provide an example? I think I only mentioned once that considering XCP got so much progress in only two months, we should expect more from MSC. Does this count as pushing other project to succeed MSC? On the contrary, you could find my previous posts comparing MSC and XCP in other threads and I said they both had pros and cons.

Regards to my MSC holding, I'd rather not to disclose them because I don't think I need to prove anything. Believe or not is your choice and it affects me nothing. I will only say that I spent more BTC on MSC than on XCP. Moreover, whichever of them succeeds does not matter, I will be happy in both cases. Smiley That's the benefit of diversify.
Pages: « 1 ... 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 [162] 163 164 165 166 »
  Print  

Jump to: