Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 05:19:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 [115] 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 »
  Print  
Author Topic: MasterCoin Buyer/Seller Thread  (Read 226618 times)
p2pbucks

Activity: 642
Merit: 500

Evolution is the only way to survive

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 03:21:19 PM

I'd like to make 3 comments based on some of the comments posted following my statement.

1. My ongoing role in settling this issue
I've seen repeated comments saying "if Pouncer agrees....", or something to that effect. I'd like to state that going forward, there is nothing that needs my agreement or approval to settle this issue. The buyer sent BTC to an address that was not an escrow address controlled by me. As an escrow agent, my task was to hold the BTC on behalf of the trading parties until the buyer was satisfied that the MSC has been delivered by the seller. Since the BTC bypassed me, there is nothing I could do now because that escrow trade has obviously been aborted due to the incident.

Regarding disclosure of private information of that trade, I am not at liberty to do so. However, nothing is stopping the trading parties to disclose such information should they wish to do so. Again, my consent is not required.

2. My liability on this trade
I'd like to thank Doron404 for his understanding in absolving me of any liabilities. I'd also like to thank other users who share the same opinion.

3. My future role as an escrow agent
I have the benefit of access to the entire trading history & trade information since we started the escrow form system. I have received additional information through PMs from other users regarding this issue. I have also spent considerable time digging into and analyzing relevant information in the public domain surrounding this issue.

Based on the above, I have reasons to believe that this may not be a random scam. As a precaution, and in the interest of traders using my escrow services, and of myself, I have decided that it is in the interest of all parties that I do not continue as an MSC escrow agent.

I appreciate the trust place on me by traders who have used my services. Thank you very much. I believe there are others who are willing and capable to temporarily fill this role before the DEx is launched. I'm also a small investor in MSC and am looking forward to its imminent launch.

Cheers!

Sorry to hear that  Sad
You've done a good job .

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ofer

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 07:24:52 PM

Hello guys,

As most of the people here I got really interested by mastercoin features in the recent months, however the google doc "order book" is not an very simple solution to trade mastercoin, and I feel that neither is the buymastercoin website which for many reason seems like the official recommended solution.

Thats why we have started developing an "real" exchange (where people can set up their own prices) for mastercoins / bitcoins which should be ready hopefully in a few days. Most of the development is done and we are just testing the system right now. So until the distributed exchange is there we will be offering a convenient way to trade mastercoin, hopefully helping in the price discovery process and proposing a fairer price than the current easy to use solutions.

Ps : I am not in any way related to the mastercoin fundation or do have any mastercoin. Also note that we are doing this project outside of any official mastercoin bounty.

+100
looking forward to work with it!
a question: how can we know we can safely transfer funds to your exchange?
Are you going to leave some BTC as escrow here?
There were just too many horror stories lately...

jeroenn13

Activity: 644

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 07:46:41 PM

Hello guys,

As most of the people here I got really interested by mastercoin features in the recent months, however the google doc "order book" is not an very simple solution to trade mastercoin, and I feel that neither is the buymastercoin website which for many reason seems like the official recommended solution.

Thats why we have started developing an "real" exchange (where people can set up their own prices) for mastercoins / bitcoins which should be ready hopefully in a few days. Most of the development is done and we are just testing the system right now. So until the distributed exchange is there we will be offering a convenient way to trade mastercoin, hopefully helping in the price discovery process and proposing a fairer price than the current easy to use solutions.

Ps : I am not in any way related to the mastercoin fundation or do have any mastercoin. Also note that we are doing this project outside of any official mastercoin bounty.

+100

I agree with this. He should send Maxmint some BTC so we have some kind of security you wont leave with our MSC or BTC.

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
Doron404

Activity: 47

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 08:22:14 PM

Hello guys,

It's about time! Smiley

What exchange site is it? Are you adding msc to existing one,
or opening a new exchange for MSCs??
dacoinminster (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1031

Rational Exuberance

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2013, 08:35:36 PM

Hello guys,

Sweet Smiley

Centralized exchanges will probably stick around even after the decentralized exchange comes out, because they'll offer a lot faster order fulfillment for people like day-traders. Plus, they'll be able to integrate with the distributed exchange.

Patel
Legendary

Activity: 1324
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2013, 09:07:30 PM

Selling 100 msc @ 0.14

please add to order book, thanks.

quick responses, and quick trades. i'm here all day.
Voodah

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 09:16:20 PM

I saw that there is a 2000$ bounty for a BTC / LTC / PPC / MSC.

We will only have BTC / MSC at first but I think thats what needed in the beginning. We would quite like to get the bounty if thats possible. Also, considering we are almost ready for launch, it seems a bit redundant to  lobby the other exchange for it.

Just my 2mastercents thought.

However the lack of a standardised "mastercoind" is troublesome to do an exchange, we will be doing witdhrawals largely manually in the beginning.

They appear to be the operators of btcoracle.com, which has been running for some time now.

That should give them some credibility. They could've left with other people's coins by now, but instead they are building infrastructure for new markets, which is great and comendable.

Nothing is 100% certain though. Always try new things with small amounts.
ElDido

Activity: 48

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2013, 10:22:36 PM

Hi there,

Just taking a quick break to answer a few questions about the exchange DarkEmi and I are working on.

The exchange will be a new one dedicated to BTC / MSC trading exclusively for now.

We hope this few things will help you trust us: our names are no secret, we are operating BTCOracle.com for almost a year now, making combined payouts of 1000+ bitcoins and our main focus is on security and safety of users' funds. We already worked hard to make this project a reality and I'm sure everyone will see it's far from a cheap attempt to grab a few coins and run. We're in it for the long run. If you're still not convinced, I'm sure the return on experience from our first users will.

To ensure a sustainable business model, we'll charge fees on trades, as most exchanges do.
Since the MSC ecosystem is still a bit young, and we want to limit every potential risk of a theft, all withdrawals will be processed by hand to begin with. Once more tools become available, we'll automate more and more. To prevent the risk of being overwhelmed by lots of small withdrawal requests, we'll also charge a small fixed fee for each withdrawal.

Ultimately, we hope to offer an easy, secure and cheap way to buy and sell MSC until the distributed exchange is fully operational. We love the idea of Mastercoin and want to bring our small contribution to help make it all it can be.

With the help of the community, I'm confident this can be a nice tool for Mastercoin.

All advices and questions are welcomed.

td services

Activity: 448

black swan hunter

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 12:32:58 AM

How long will it take to do a withdrawal? My policy with any account based system is not to leave any more in than I'm willing to lose, and to only leave funds in for the absolute minimum time to do the trade or other business. This applies to banks as well as crypto currencies. Recently, a Protoshares exchange (very convenient to use), Coingrounds spin-off, was hacked and lost all BTC.
DarkEmi

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 01:34:44 AM

We will try to do it every 24hours at least, but it could sometimes take 48h.

Keep in mind that we will actually store the coins in an offline computer, so thats why the process will be slow, but much much safer than an automated online hot wallet.

So I don't necessarly think that faster is safer. If history is a good example, most of the exchanges that have been hacked were actually using instant-withdrawals hot wallets which allowed them to be wiped very fast. I also think many hacks were probably insider theft but thats another story as well.

Also, in case your account gets hacked (which should not be the case if you use 2FA), this leave you with ample time to see that someone ordered a withdraw from your account and to contact us.

For us it seems like the safest approach and thats what is our priority.

ProProfi.com
The first home improvement service cryptocurrency project
ICO | Discuss on Forum
DarkEmi

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 01:40:00 AM

But yeah, I should probably add that I think your policy of removing coins right after a trade is a very good practice and thats what I would do as well if I did not knew ourselves Wink

ProProfi.com
ICO | Discuss on Forum
littleblue

Activity: 285

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 02:28:00 AM

Hello guys,

+100

I agree with this. He should send Maxmint some BTC so we have some kind of security you wont leave with our MSC or BTC.
+100
W2014

Activity: 205
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 05:02:59 AM

Hello guys,

Thank god someone is finally doing this.
+1

The foundation should have done it in parallel since day 1, at least lobby Cryptsy/Bter etc to add MSC too. The latter is happening now btw...

Please tell us more!

VIAZ   ►   First Major Decentralized Peer-to-Peer Funding Platform on Tezos   ◄
WEBSITE | BOUNTY CAMPAIGN | WHITEPAPER | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TELEGRAM
Ola

Activity: 311

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 05:39:52 AM

Hello guys,

Sweet Smiley

Centralized exchanges will probably stick around even after the decentralized exchange comes out, because they'll offer a lot faster order fulfillment for people like day-traders. Plus, they'll be able to integrate with the distributed exchange.

Hi there,

Just taking a quick break to answer a few questions about the exchange DarkEmi and I are working on.

The exchange will be a new one dedicated to BTC / MSC trading exclusively for now.

We hope this few things will help you trust us: our names are no secret, we are operating BTCOracle.com for almost a year now, making combined payouts of 1000+ bitcoins and our main focus is on security and safety of users' funds. We already worked hard to make this project a reality and I'm sure everyone will see it's far from a cheap attempt to grab a few coins and run. We're in it for the long run. If you're still not convinced, I'm sure the return on experience from our first users will.

To ensure a sustainable business model, we'll charge fees on trades, as most exchanges do.
Since the MSC ecosystem is still a bit young, and we want to limit every potential risk of a theft, all withdrawals will be processed by hand to begin with. Once more tools become available, we'll automate more and more. To prevent the risk of being overwhelmed by lots of small withdrawal requests, we'll also charge a small fixed fee for each withdrawal.

Ultimately, we hope to offer an easy, secure and cheap way to buy and sell MSC until the distributed exchange is fully operational. We love the idea of Mastercoin and want to bring our small contribution to help make it all it can be.

With the help of the community, I'm confident this can be a nice tool for Mastercoin.

All advices and questions are welcomed.

Hey there this is addressed to -DarkEmi or anybody else intending to build a centralized exchange for Mastercoin to help market liquidity.
I have been following Mastercoin ever since I saw the video about JR talking about the second bitcoin whitepaper earlier this year, I even contacted him to introduce myself on linkedin. I believed in the project and I still do, it was a no-brainer for me so I invested heavily in it.  Also with a little vision, I knew that centralized exchanges would be critical as initial support while the decentralized exchange application was still in development. It might even continue to be useful as ongoing support or as a source for information for new users finding out about Mastercoin in general. In light of that point of view I decide to establish the following web properties with the intent of building a nice guified node.js centralized application:

http://www.trademastercoin.com/
http://www.trademastercoins.com/
https://twitter.com/Trademastercoin
http://www.linkedin.com/company/trademastercoin
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Trademastercoin/494568007306146?ref=bf

Benefits
1) The branding is uniform across the board. Making discovery and memorization easy
2) The names works well from a branding /search discovery combination, this translates to more and more perpetually free traffic as Mastercoin becomes more popular.

Current Specifics on SEO:
1) Exact match domains for the keywords "trade mastercoin" or "trademastercoin" will make it pretty easy to maintain top position on the first page of google for a popular search term, this means free perpetual traffic
2) currently page rank no 4 for keyword discovery : "trade mastercoin"--this can be improved with little seo work.
3) http://www.trademastercoin.com/ and all social media pages are ranked on the first page of google for the keyword:  "trademastercoin" (no spaces).

Check both keywords in 2 and 3 against the url using this tool : http://whatpageofsearchamion.com

So to the right buyer, I will give away the domain and all social media pages:

http://www.trademastercoin.com/
http://www.trademastercoins.com/
https://twitter.com/Trademastercoin
http://www.linkedin.com/company/trademastercoin
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Trademastercoin/494568007306146?ref=bf
Ill even throwing a freebie domain if satisfied with the offer:
http://www.sellmybitcoin.com/

All these purchases where made with the intent of developing centralized services for Mastercoin, but my focus has shifted to development of decentralized applications (exchange /gaming), so holding on to them when someone could put them to better use does not make any sense. The right thing to do is to offer them to someone at the right price. Please PM me with your questions if you have any or best offers. Will be accepting either Mastercoin or bitcoin for these properties. i'll will give you an email to contact me at these domains to prove that I do own them. Thanks.

Nxter,Bitcoiner,Ether highlevel developer working to improve the world.
DarkEmi

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 10:54:22 AM

Hello Ola,

We are not really interested right now. Maybe at a later time.

Thanks for your proposition thought !

Emilien

ProProfi.com
ICO | Discuss on Forum
Wsbltc

Activity: 48

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 01:40:05 PM

Please change my buy order to 200 MSC @0.12 BTC, thanks.
maxmint

Activity: 700

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 01:43:08 PM

Selling 100 msc @ 0.14
please add to order book, thanks.
Please change my buy order to 200 MSC @0.12 BTC, thanks.
Order book updated.

My PGP-Key: 462D02D8
Verify my messages using keybase: https://keybase.io/maxmint
rbdrbd

Activity: 462

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 02:34:25 PM

Hi maxmint, due to recent developments, please remove my sell entry from the order book.

Thanks!
maxmint

Activity: 700

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 02:42:14 PM

Hi maxmint, due to recent developments, please remove my sell entry from the order book.

Thanks!
Order book updated.

My PGP-Key: 462D02D8
Verify my messages using keybase: https://keybase.io/maxmint
DGulari
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

KawBet.com - Anonymous Bitcoin Casino & Sportsbook

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 02:43:10 PM

Hello Ola,

We are not really interested right now. Maybe at a later time.

Thanks for your proposition thought !

Emilien

lol.  Cracks me up how many times domain name squatters think the whole key to a business is some dumb name and a bit of SEO.  Too bad building a real business involves about 5000 other things more complex than domain name registration.  It reminds me of those people who print up fancy business cards - and then do nothing else.  lol.  

. .KawBet . .
BITCOIN CASINO & SPORTSBOOK
|               ____
        ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
    ¦¦¦¦¦¦  ¦¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦
  ¦¦¦¦¦              ¯¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦__    __    ¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¯¯  _¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    _    ¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¯¯    ¯¯¯    ¦¦¦¦¦
  ¦¦¦¦¦                ¦¦¦¦¦
    ¦¦¦¦¦¦  ¦¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦
      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
         ¯¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¯
               ¯¯¯¯¯¯

UP
TO
7BTC
WELCOME
BONUS
|
        ¦¦¦¦
    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
 _¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¯
    _¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¯
   _¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¯
  _¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
  _¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¯
           ¦¦¦¦¦¯
          ¦¦¦¦¦
         ¦¦¦¦¦
    ¯¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¯
    ¯¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¯
      ¦¦¦¦¦¯
      ¯¦¦¯

EASY DEPOSIT
FAST WITHDRAWAL
|
        ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
      ¦                        ¦
    ¦     ¦¦¦¦  ¦    ¦     ¦
  ¦             ¦  ¦    ¦       ¦
¦         ¦¦¦¦  ¦¦¦¦         ¦
¦         ¦              ¦         ¦
¦         ¦¦¦¦                   ¦
  ¦                                ¦¦
    ¦         ¦  ¦  ¦         ¦¦¦
      ¦                         ¦¦¦¦
        ¯¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
               ¯¯¯¯¯¯          ¯¯
24H
LIVE
SUPPORT
|

¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦                          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦              ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦            ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦            ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦              ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦              ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
  ¦¦¦¦¦

NO KYC
REQUIRED
Pages: « 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 [115] 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 »
  Print  

Jump to: