Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 11:55:11 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 ... 193 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][Pool][Profit-Switch][Optional Auto-Exchange per Coin][Vardiff] ~ Hashcows  (Read 347313 times)
pallas
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 02:00:05 PM

Anyone know if there's a way to change how long cgminer waits after a pool is detected as alive again before switching back? I saw it say something about stable for 5 min before it did

I believe you need to use cgminer max version 3.5.0, the following releases all have a much longer wait period.

minedaft

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 03:49:03 PM

Responding in more depth to Gwallet's fear of wasting effort: You're thinking of "mining" too literally. There is no concept of getting closer to a block the longer you mine. You are no more likely to find a coin in your 3600th second of mining than you were in your first second. It's like rolling dice: say we need to roll a 6 to find a block. The fact that we've rolled five or less for many minutes does not mean we are any closer to rolling a 6. We probably both agree that this statement is silly: "I haven't rolled a 6 at this table yet, so I refuse to switch tables. All of my previous rolls would be wasted!"

More technically, we are generating hashes of (a constant + a variable) over and over again until one of us finds a variable that results in "Hash( const + variable ) < Difficulty". The "const" is a roll up of all previous solutions (the blockchain). There are near infinite values we could put in "variable", a tiny fraction of which would satisfy the formula. So even though we each test thousands of hashes per second, we're not making progress really. There's so many possible inputs that the ones we've eliminated haven't gotten us measurably closer to an answer. So there's nothing preventing us from jumping coins at any time.

It's slightly more complicated in pools, where you are rewarded for every die roll, even if you fail. Surprisingly that incentives you to switch MORE frequently. (Research "pool hopping").

Source: Not a Master in mathematics, did get a useless ivy league degree in astrophysics once though.
skyhigh2004

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 03:53:47 PM

Anyone know if there's a way to change how long cgminer waits after a pool is detected as alive again before switching back? I saw it say something about stable for 5 min before it did

I believe you need to use cgminer max version 3.5.0, the following releases all have a much longer wait period.

Yep cgminer switched it after 3.5.0.  I would use 3.3.1 as that has given me the best hash rate for all of my 79xx cards and switches back right away.

BTC:157BZV5z5dEdEoE5KSr5D7CQGXamLpsZ7n  LTC:LYCf5PnQpXCCmpR4ka3mR8DFDe5hKhTdfc
MEC:MAgTT8QdhVCkgHTkUoKvs4w1TQvv3NU99v  DGC:D8Ubh9oYTpSe1HEBptY8wf6ZrPpj7bhkV5
FTC:6hb1VsGzkej4kSsssGA4FMnkCoVp7PLi8D  PXC:PqQwQKJoYxGSVrKtVfDa5aaJVL9Yevhb2b
nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

Well hello there!

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 08:16:48 PM

Anybody else having issue(s) with BTC withdrawals on this pool?

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
jerrybusey

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 08:57:45 PM

There are a ton of round that say 0 blocks found right now, according to the tracker.

The dev response sounds like this happens fairly often. It should almost never happen.

Just providing the math as to why its almost always pointless to change mid-block.

Wrong, just plain wrong.

It is most profitable in the long run to always mine the most profitable coin. Variance will always even out in the long run, you just need to understand probability. Start by reading this thread from the beginning and also the multipool.us thread where it has been addresses many times before.

Call me wrong and provide no math. Really? I have a masters degree in statistics. I'm pretty sure I understand probability.

I just proved decisively why it's wrong. Are you daft? If you don't understand the math, don't spout nonsense out of your mouth.

It is more profitable to mine the most profitable coin, but you absolutely have to take into consideration how long each block takes. If you swap around mining and never mine a block because you switch before you have the chance you will make zero dollars because you never mine any coins. Yes, as your pool has a greater overall hashing rate this becomes less important as you will find blocks relatively rapidly, but for some of these coins the time per block is hours even for a pool of this size. If you are swapping between them the moment one is more profitable and not taking into consideration the time invested into a block, you are just wasting your time.

You know what, because you don't understand, let me give you an example that's easy enough for anyone to grasp.

Imagine it takes 10 years to mine a single block for every coin out there. You get no coins until you mine a block - I imagine you understand this. Trading is going to make coins more profitable then others during different times of the day. If you even switch only once per day, you will never, ever, receive any coins. Period. Because the chance of mining a 10 year long block in a single day is essentially zero. So over 10 years, if you switch every day, you will make $0. Alternatively, if you stick with one coin, even the least profitable, your profits will be greater than zero. Understand now? You need to use a formula (like the one I proposed) to take into consideration the time you spent on a block and the average time to mine a block (remember that portion about probability? there's a reason I chose average, and used standard deviations and they happen to be related directly to probability and if you had taken introductory statistics, you would know this) as well as the average time to mine a block of the more profitable coin in order to make a good decision on whether you should change coins. It's only profitable relative to time, and if you already invested a lot of time in a coin and have yielded no blocks, the additional time often has a higher profitability than the time that could be spent on another coin.

Still completely wrong.

If for example it takes 60 minutes to find a block on average it would make no difference if you mine 6 periods of 10 minutes each in a day or a single period of 60 minutes. You will have still submitted the same number of shares with exactly the same chance of finding a block. Staying on a coin until you find a block when it is no longer the most profitable coin makes absolutely no sense at all.

This. You can get a block on the first hash or the quadrillionth hash.  The target block time is just the expected number of hashes needed to find a hash low enough to satisfy the difficulty requirement.

BTC love: 13pBauoSCJBF5Vdb1AuMYg1kDvrKzNSthU
g0re79

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

I´ve got a picture! Haha!

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2013, 09:19:24 PM

Anybody else having issue(s) with BTC withdrawals on this pool?

I had 10 flawless payouts in last month and half, so no. Furthermore I have read all 58 pages during that time and i saw only few complaints about that and all were quickly solved by admins.

Don´t deal with crappy shitcoins and stop wasting electricity
Support real science instead
[/url]
B.T.Coin

Activity: 332

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 09:22:01 PM

Responding in more depth to Gwallet's fear of wasting effort: You're thinking of "mining" too literally. There is no concept of getting closer to a block the longer you mine. You are no more likely to find a coin in your 3600th second of mining than you were in your first second. It's like rolling dice: say we need to roll a 6 to find a block. The fact that we've rolled five or less for many minutes does not mean we are any closer to rolling a 6. We probably both agree that this statement is silly: "I haven't rolled a 6 at this table yet, so I refuse to switch tables. All of my previous rolls would be wasted!"

More technically, we are generating hashes of (a constant + a variable) over and over again until one of us finds a variable that results in "Hash( const + variable ) < Difficulty". The "const" is a roll up of all previous solutions (the blockchain). There are near infinite values we could put in "variable", a tiny fraction of which would satisfy the formula. So even though we each test thousands of hashes per second, we're not making progress really. There's so many possible inputs that the ones we've eliminated haven't gotten us measurably closer to an answer. So there's nothing preventing us from jumping coins at any time.

It's slightly more complicated in pools, where you are rewarded for every die roll, even if you fail. Surprisingly that incentives you to switch MORE frequently. (Research "pool hopping").

Source: Not a Master in mathematics, did get a useless ivy league degree in astrophysics once though.

+1 and nicely explained.
TheQuinn also did a good explanation on the subject. GayWallets reasoning is plain wrong and having a masters degree in statistics doesn't make it right.

A fine is a tax you pay for something you did wrong.
A tax is a fine you pay for something you did right.
yuriy128

Activity: 80

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 09:26:59 PM

Can you guys add more profitable coins from CoinWarz?
like DMD for instance? quadruple profitability...
Hazado

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 09:39:45 PM
Last edit: December 09, 2013, 09:53:57 PM by Hazado

DMD is an abandoned coin. You can't mine it right now, when you try it doesnt give you anything. You get a lot of block finds, but no actual coins.
I think someone did a 51% attack on it or something. Anyways, its so valuable right now because no one can mine it.

Edit: Ahh, it was a victim of a 51% attack according to the developers. They need some help releasing a new wallet because of the fork.
yuriy128

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 10:15:46 PM

bad example Wink what about some other ones on that site? like photosphere
g0re79

Activity: 476

I´ve got a picture! Haha!

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2013, 10:21:10 PM

DMD is an abandoned coin. You can't mine it right now, when you try it doesnt give you anything. You get a lot of block finds, but no actual coins.
I think someone did a 51% attack on it or something. Anyways, its so valuable right now because no one can mine it.

Edit: Ahh, it was a victim of a 51% attack according to the developers. They need some help releasing a new wallet because of the fork.

BTW If pool and network hashrate indications on HashCows website are correct, We have 51% several times a day on some coins.. I am glad that aTriz and nearmiss are fair guys (AFAIK Smiley)

Don´t deal with crappy shitcoins and stop wasting electricity
Support real science instead
[/url]
jerrybusey

Activity: 98

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 10:26:08 PM

bad example Wink what about some other ones on that site? like photosphere

Most of the coins that aren't used are too small (in a number of dimensions), have too rapid of difficulty adjustment, or have some other issue that makes them impracticable or otherwise suboptimal for this site to mine. Some of the coins you see at the top of coinwarz/coinchoose are there more as a result of lazy modeling on the part of the site designers than because of the actual profitability of that coin.

BTC love: 13pBauoSCJBF5Vdb1AuMYg1kDvrKzNSthU
rofus

Activity: 84

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 10:44:35 PM

Very disappointed user here...as a warning to others: I got about 1000kh/s for about 6 days on this pool now, my BTC earnings will be LESS THAN 0.1!!!

If you do a very bad job yourself checking on CoinWarz (or any other) for profitable coins and use Cryptsy to convert them, you would get much more BTC for the same hash power   Angry
aTriz

Activity: 1232
Merit: 683

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 10:46:47 PM

We have a pretty solid line-up as is. Just because its #1 on coinwarz/coinchoose doesn't mean its best to farm. We are pretty confident in our formulas in calculating what coin is best for the pool. We even review each coin and confirm that the payouts are up to our standards. We are looking at a few more coins to be added but most of the coins that are actually good either don't work with our stratum or have too fast a re-target. (every block or every few) Also coins with LOW difficulty's don't do that well with us. (EX. GDC, EMD, etc)

I think we do have a few more additions that we could see though in the next few days.

Though if you think of a coin we haven't added that doesn't match what I said up above please feel free to PM me with the coin and I'll be sure to take a look at it.

rahrahrah

Activity: 140

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 10:51:42 PM

My confirmed exchanged balance is showing as 6.619E-5. Is this normal? Or has an admin modified the code and tried to round the wrong kind of variable? Smiley

VTC: VxNWL9jDRvEcCT48vqQkLxckREUafYowVu
SMC: SYLjkCM63iJyYpoz14dJcq27tEfw6r9w6m
aTriz

Activity: 1232
Merit: 683

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 10:53:55 PM

Very disappointed user here...as a warning to others: I got about 1000kh/s for about 6 days on this pool now, my BTC earnings will be LESS THAN 0.1!!!

If you do a very bad job yourself checking on CoinWarz (or any other) for profitable coins and use Cryptsy to convert them, you would get much more BTC for the same hash power   Angry

Sorry you feel that way, are you sure you're miners were on our pool or maybe you had some issues on you're end?

According to our charts and my personal farm, if you were farming here the last 6 days you would of made over .1 and even then if you aren't happy you can trade the coins yourself and probably make more. Also if you were to farm LTC over the same period with 1,000KH you would of earned 0.09 BTC. (That doesn't include fees and the crappy performance of LTC over the last 6 days, so really probably around .07~)

https://hashco.ws/profits.html

Last 6 days (just going to round DOWN for easy numbers):
= .11

Please feel free to PM me with your account name if you feel something is wrong. Smiley

yuriy128

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 11:10:00 PM

We have a pretty solid line-up as is. Just because its #1 on coinwarz/coinchoose doesn't mean its best to farm. We are pretty confident in our formulas in calculating what coin is best for the pool. We even review each coin and confirm that the payouts are up to our standards. We are looking at a few more coins to be added but most of the coins that are actually good either don't work with our stratum or have too fast a re-target. (every block or every few) Also coins with LOW difficulty's don't do that well with us. (EX. GDC, EMD, etc)

I think we do have a few more additions that we could see though in the next few days.

Though if you think of a coin we haven't added that doesn't match what I said up above please feel free to PM me with the coin and I'll be sure to take a look at it.

Thanks for explanation!! So far you guys rock!
phrozenspite

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2013, 11:33:03 PM

Yep cgminer switched it after 3.5.0.  I would use 3.3.1 as that has given me the best hash rate for all of my 79xx cards and switches back right away.

okay cool.  I just switched to 3.3.1, i went with the previously mentioned 3.5 earlier today and it hung on one of the coin changes. 

yuriy128

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 12:46:50 AM

One request:

Can you add more transparency?

For example, for each round, show user's shares versus total shares, so that we can verify if we got the right number of coins.
Otherwise, we have no idea if we are getting paid fairly. Also you must show the price of the executed trades or something to that sense.
Otherwise, you could be selling at higher price and than actually giving to the miners.

All I'm saying, I would be more confident to move more rigs to your pool if I knew for a fact that I'm not being cheated.
I'm sure the others will agree.

Look at yPool for example, every block they tell you how many shares you got out of total...

Thanks, and good job so far, but more stats is a MUST.
piecinitup

Activity: 158

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 02:08:45 AM

One request:

Can you add more transparency?

For example, for each round, show user's shares versus total shares, so that we can verify if we got the right number of coins.
Otherwise, we have no idea if we are getting paid fairly. Also you must show the price of the executed trades or something to that sense.
Otherwise, you could be selling at higher price and than actually giving to the miners.

All I'm saying, I would be more confident to move more rigs to your pool if I knew for a fact that I'm not being cheated.
I'm sure the others will agree.

Look at yPool for example, every block they tell you how many shares you got out of total...

Thanks, and good job so far, but more stats is a MUST.

+1 This would be great

https://1broker.com/?r=34050  1broker is the easiest way to trade other markets than crypto using BTC!  Copy successful traders or just trade yourself!
Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 ... 193 »
  Print  

Jump to: