Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 11:33:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 193 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][Pool][Profit-Switch][Optional Auto-Exchange per Coin][Vardiff] ~ Hashcows  (Read 347311 times)
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2013, 07:10:14 PM

I found a lot of mixed opinion as well so I decided to play about and try them. I couldn't find any observable difference.

I'm not sure if I'm getting a reasonably high number of stales (8-9%) or not for the coins we are mining here as I know most of the coins being mined do have a higher number of stales/rejects than other alts.  I do have no submit stale enabled in my conf and rejects are only 1%, I'm just wondering what other people are getting and if my results are considered normal.

My stale rate on the site appears to be about double of what the pool as a whole shows and doesn't correspond with what my miner says.  I'm guessing that it is glitch on the site that needs to be looked at.  It's hard to get exact numbers with the site changing coins every 8 minutes.  Some shit coins can have massive stale rates.  On the odd occasion that the site stays with a decent coin like CGB for 20 odd minutes my stale rate appears to come way down.  I think the frequent changes gives false stale rates.

If miners set --no-submit-stale then the site never sees them and the stats are less. It has no effect beyond that.

Not entirely true.

Some pools still pay you for stale shares, so I suggest always submitting them. Depends which system the pool is using, obviously. Can't say if this one does or not, but as a general rule of thumb, about a month ago I stopped putting the no-submit-stale into my bat

Epeus

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 07:17:05 PM

Let's see how this goes.
For now just one 6990 moo-ing away.
Got tired of the "middlefinger"

Cheers everybody !!
Wipeout2097

Activity: 840
Merit: 255

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 07:35:42 PM
Last edit: September 17, 2013, 07:48:12 PM by Wipeout2097

Some coins are worthless to mine, regardless of calculations picking them the most profitable. Take a look at this example:

Code:
Round  Coin	 Length              My Est. Earnings
576 CGB 00:14:35 0.000253 BTC
575 KGC 00:41:44 0.000107 BTC
574 GLD 00:08:03 0.00011 BTC
An 8 minute GLD round provided the same earning as a 42 min KGC round. CGB was much better than KGC, only for 14 minutes. While mining KGC, the pool reported 160 - 200 Kh, while I was pointing 870 at it. Cgminer reported lots of stales and rejects.

Edit: you can see below what happens on my side,  with the pool mining KrugerCoin again

Please black list some coins and don't switch to them, regardless of what calculations tell you (except if the gains appear MUCH higher).

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██▀       ▀█       ▀████████████        ▀█         █▀       ▀██
██   ▀██▄▄▄█   ██   ████████████   ███   ████   ████   ▀██▄▄▄██
███▄     ▀██       ▄████████████       ▄█████   █████▄     ▀███
██▀▀▀██▄   █   █████████████████   █▄  ▀█████   ████▀▀▀██▄   ██
██▄       ▄█   █████████████████   ██▄  ▀████   ████▄       ▄██
██       ██▀      ▀█████████████    ▀██   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▄██▄   ████████████     ▀█   █████████████████████
████   ███   ████████   ████   █   ▄  ▀   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▀██▀   █   ████   █   █▄     █████████████████████
██       ██▄      ▄███        ██   ██▄    █████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████                                                             ████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████          ████████████████                                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
nearmiss (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 07:41:40 PM

Some coins are worthless to mine, regardless of calculations picking them the most profitable. Take a look at this example:

Code:
An 8 minute GLD round provided the same earning as a 42 min KGC round. CGB was much better than KGC, only for 14 minutes. While mining KGC, the pool reported 160 - 200 Kh, while I was pointing 870 at it. Cgminer reported lots of stales and rejects.

Please black list some coins and don't switch to them, regardless of what calculations tell you (except if the gains appear MUCH higher).

Agreed on this one, we'll be going through this kind of information a bit more to try and fine tune what is worthwhile and what isn't.   KGC, and possible GDC, are on the short list to take a hit to profitability numbers and reduce chances of mining them.

Profit-Switching Pool w/ Vardiff -> http://hashco.ws  Optionally keep the alts we mine or auto-trade for BTC. In addition can be paid out in any of: 365, AC, BC,  BTC, C2, CINNI, COMM, FAC, HBN, MINT, PMC, QRK, RDD, WC, XBC
Wipeout2097

Activity: 840
Merit: 255

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 07:47:33 PM

Code:

Agreed on this one, we'll be going through this kind of information a bit more to try and fine tune what is worthwhile and what isn't.   KGC, and possible GDC, are on the short list to take a hit to profitability numbers and reduce chances of mining them.
Thanks for the quick reply!  Just with a bit of fine tuning, your pool will become the best/most convenient around Smiley

██▀       ▀█       ▀████████████        ▀█         █▀       ▀██
██   ▀██▄▄▄█   ██   ████████████   ███   ████   ████   ▀██▄▄▄██
███▄     ▀██       ▄████████████       ▄█████   █████▄     ▀███
██▀▀▀██▄   █   █████████████████   █▄  ▀█████   ████▀▀▀██▄   ██
██▄       ▄█   █████████████████   ██▄  ▀████   ████▄       ▄██
██       ██▀      ▀█████████████    ▀██   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▄██▄   ████████████     ▀█   █████████████████████
████   ███   ████████   ████   █   ▄  ▀   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▀██▀   █   ████   █   █▄     █████████████████████
██       ██▄      ▄███        ██   ██▄    █████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████                                                             ████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████          ████████████████                                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2013, 07:48:17 PM

Code:

Edit: you can see below what happens on my side, now that the pool is mining KrugerCoin again

This is the kind of post they need to make those decisions. Thanks for bringing it up since I'm also mining here and want as high of a profit as I can  Smiley

nearmiss (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 07:57:49 PM

Gotta say, I still find those reject numbers so crazy!   Even for such a low diff coin getting hammered....I mean I see the site reporting huge huge reject numbers, but even my own client is only jumping up to 7-8% max.  (then again I've only got a single 7970 rig, heh)  At any rate, I've just given KGC specifically an additional 30% penalty to profitability (on top of its current stale rate penalty).  Unless its crazy profitable, we shouldn't see it for awhile.  I'll revisit this again when I have time.

We are still looking for some new coins to add (we have a couple in mind as well).   It looks like BQC isn't working with my current stratum implementation, so its off the list for the time being (don't have time right now to search down a working stratum fork and setup the switching for it).

Thanks to those mining, feedback always welcome.

Profit-Switching Pool w/ Vardiff -> http://hashco.ws  Optionally keep the alts we mine or auto-trade for BTC. In addition can be paid out in any of: 365, AC, BC,  BTC, C2, CINNI, COMM, FAC, HBN, MINT, PMC, QRK, RDD, WC, XBC
Epeus

Activity: 95

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 08:01:00 PM

Something I noticed :

My 6990's with I 18 on a low dif coin get high rejects
My 7970's with I 13 on the same coin get very low rejects.

Edit :
On a high diff coin there is no reject difference between the 6990 - 7970.
My guess it's intensity related.

MrJay

Activity: 115

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 08:10:48 PM

+1. As I see it, your machine has already used power to produce that work, even if it is detected as stale I always submit because quite often it will still be accepted.

So I'm guessing 20% rejects is to be expected with some of the coins we are mining here then?
Sparhawk76

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 08:25:22 PM

I got my payout for my fist day mining on this pool last night, happy so far. With my single 7850 running 355KH/s, and my AMD fx6300 cpu mining at another 40 KH/s half the time when I wasnt using my cpu power for other stuff, eeked out .0044 BTC in earnings.

One thing has been concerning me since the payouts went out last night, when I check my balance under Est. Pending Exchange all it says is "coming-back-soon". Can't check how I'm doing so far for the day without it.

Other than that loving the pool so far, few small things I would suggest but I can tell you are keeping on top of things and just starting out so I'm not in a rush to see them.

One thing I would love to see is to be able to go back further than the last 30 rounds in the round stats, at a mininmum being able to go back 24hrs, would provide more transparency into my daily earnings.

Another I'd love to see is some hashrate over time and earnings est over time graphs, so at a glance I can see how my stuff is doing visually, instead of poring through the numbers.

Thanks for the great pool, keep up the good work Smiley

Sparhawk
MrJay

Activity: 115

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 08:29:03 PM

Something I noticed :

My 6990's with I 18 on a low dif coin get high rejects
My 7970's with I 13 on the same coin get very low rejects.

Edit :
On a high diff coin there is no reject difference between the 6990 - 7970.
My guess it's intensity related.

Interesting observation.  I wonder if the payout differs with a lower intensity and less rejects than higher intensity and more rejects.
aTriz

Activity: 1232
Merit: 683

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 09:49:05 PM

I got my payout for my fist day mining on this pool last night, happy so far. With my single 7850 running 355KH/s, and my AMD fx6300 cpu mining at another 40 KH/s half the time when I wasnt using my cpu power for other stuff, eeked out .0044 BTC in earnings.

One thing has been concerning me since the payouts went out last night, when I check my balance under Est. Pending Exchange all it says is "coming-back-soon". Can't check how I'm doing so far for the day without it.

Other than that loving the pool so far, few small things I would suggest but I can tell you are keeping on top of things and just starting out so I'm not in a rush to see them.

One thing I would love to see is to be able to go back further than the last 30 rounds in the round stats, at a mininmum being able to go back 24hrs, would provide more transparency into my daily earnings.

Another I'd love to see is some hashrate over time and earnings est over time graphs, so at a glance I can see how my stuff is doing visually, instead of poring through the numbers.

Thanks for the great pool, keep up the good work Smiley

Sparhawk

Yea, we weren't happy with the way the estimates were, accuracy was kinda off. We are working on a new improved Estimate system that will give people a more "up to date" estimate. Nearmiss is hard at work, I assure you I crack the whip on him! Smiley

Just be patient with us folks we are listening to everything you guys are saying, the cows will only get better from here!

glon

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 10:07:14 PM

Hi, not sure what gives but I just checked my BTC wallet and I don't see the 2 transactions that I can see as having been payed out to me at https://www.hashco.ws/stats.php#t_userledger

Can you please help me?
aTriz

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 10:09:16 PM

Hi, not sure what gives but I just checked my BTC wallet and I don't see the 2 transactions that I can see as having been payed out to me at https://www.hashco.ws/stats.php#t_userledger

Can you please help me?

Best thing to do is come to our IRC channel #hashcows on freenode.net and contact me or "nearmiss"

pepto

Activity: 223

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 10:10:17 PM

Hey MK4Y,
Thanks for your help. Turns out I have the settings you recommend.
Today while ATK and mining presumably some other coin, I'm now submitting 100Khs more than Cgminer claims I generate.
Probably depends on the coin. I'll either figure it out or forget about it... whichever pays better Smiley
glon

Activity: 181

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 10:12:01 PM

Ah OK, I just learned there's actually no auto-payouts until 2BTC is earned, so my coins are still sitting in the pool. Thanks anyway! Smiley
aTriz

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 10:14:40 PM

Ah OK, I just learned there's actually no auto-payouts until 2BTC is earned, so my coins are still sitting in the pool. Thanks anyway! Smiley

I think you misread my friend, you can manually cash out the BTC anytime you would like. 2BTC is just the cap we have put in for "auto" payouts.
To cash out the BTC go to your "Coin Balances" tab and enter your 4 digit pin and click "Cash out BTC"

flound1129

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

www.multipool.us

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 10:41:28 PM

I found a lot of mixed opinion as well so I decided to play about and try them. I couldn't find any observable difference.

I'm not sure if I'm getting a reasonably high number of stales (8-9%) or not for the coins we are mining here as I know most of the coins being mined do have a higher number of stales/rejects than other alts.  I do have no submit stale enabled in my conf and rejects are only 1%, I'm just wondering what other people are getting and if my results are considered normal.

My stale rate on the site appears to be about double of what the pool as a whole shows and doesn't correspond with what my miner says.  I'm guessing that it is glitch on the site that needs to be looked at.  It's hard to get exact numbers with the site changing coins every 8 minutes.  Some shit coins can have massive stale rates.  On the odd occasion that the site stays with a decent coin like CGB for 20 odd minutes my stale rate appears to come way down.  I think the frequent changes gives false stale rates.

If miners set --no-submit-stale then the site never sees them and the stats are less. It has no effect beyond that.

Not entirely true.

Some pools still pay you for stale shares, so I suggest always submitting them. Depends which system the pool is using, obviously. Can't say if this one does or not, but as a general rule of thumb, about a month ago I stopped putting the no-submit-stale into my bat

Any pool that pays for stales is just begging to get ripped off.

Multipool - Always mine the most profitable coin - Scrypt, X11 or SHA-256!
Kuroth

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2013, 11:18:21 PM

Ok well for my first day, pretty underwhelmed..

Been mining now for 27 hrs and this is all I have made?HuhHuh     1,300 MH

497   btc      AT_Credit   0.00871574   0.00022348   0   2013-09-17 01:01:39

Other pool I averaged 0.03 per day..  Sometimes 0.06 Sometimes 0.01   But NEVER 0.08715???     What time is 01:01:39?Huh   I am guessing this payout was not for my first 27 hrs but not sure how to tell..

Since I cant see I cant see(Or dont yet know where to look).. Do I have an Amount still waiting to be exchanged or something?

Uggg will be VERY glad when Estimated is put back in place..   Other Pools Estimated was always pretty close so hope you guys can fix it to where its pretty close to accurate..

aTriz

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 11:31:48 PM

Ok well for my first day, pretty underwhelmed..

Been mining now for 27 hrs and this is all I have made?HuhHuh     1,300 MH

497   btc      AT_Credit   0.00871574   0.00022348   0   2013-09-17 01:01:39

Other pool I averaged 0.03 per day..  Sometimes 0.06 Sometimes 0.01   But NEVER 0.08715???     What time is 01:01:39?Huh   I am guessing this payout was not for my first 27 hrs but not sure how to tell..

Since I cant see I cant see(Or dont yet know where to look).. Do I have an Amount still waiting to be exchanged or something?

Uggg will be VERY glad when Estimated is put back in place..   Other Pools Estimated was always pretty close so hope you guys can fix it to where its pretty close to accurate..

Payouts were sent out at 1:00am est. So I'm assuming you were not mining for a full day at that time, so yes you have a full day of mining payout tonight. (Hopefully a better one  Tongue )

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 193 »
  Print  

Jump to: