Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 03:43:27 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC for Airdrops: A bad precedence  (Read 198083 times)
OSEIBOATENG

Activity: 238
Merit: 15

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2018, 03:46:49 PM

This is a very bad idea. How can an airdrop have a KYC attached to it? I will never join such airdrops.
smyslov

Activity: 2002
Merit: 269

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 03:50:26 PM

I have recently seen where bounty hunters were asked to present identifying documents.  Am really against kyc because one of the reasons I joined crypto was the anonymity which it provides. But sadly that's gently creeping away.

Now this KYC has come into airdrops. Imagine am to submit my ID to some I don't know which planet he or she or they are from for some pennies worth tokens. 

It's terrible and this is a bad precedence these people are setting.

If as a community we do not say no to this,  then it would become the norm.

There are many ico and bounty campaign obliging to do KYC and this is happening because people are supporting it, only if we unite that we are not going to invest or promote this kind, then it will be stopped and no Ico will offer this to investors and bounty participants.
pazzanegro

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2018, 03:55:01 PM

KYC for airdrops is really strange, because its giveaway, KYC is for pre sales and public sale. I wouldn't give my passport photo or address or else to someone when a lot of scams there

GAMEHERO.APP CEO
FishsHumnsToo

Activity: 308

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 03:59:29 PM

And I think a good idea for KYC drops and bounty - it is very hard to cut the number of bots-multiaccounters. Let everything be honest
trecore4

Activity: 658
Merit: 260

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 04:16:29 PM

I have recently seen where bounty hunters were asked to present identifying documents.  Am really against kyc because one of the reasons I joined crypto was the anonymity which it provides. But sadly that's gently creeping away.

Now this KYC has come into airdrops. Imagine am to submit my ID to some I don't know which planet he or she or they are from for some pennies worth tokens. 

Yes off course I am already against the KYC procedure for bounty programs and now they are asking it for the shitty airdrops too. It is really a ridiculous idea and one commity must be decided here to speak out against these rules. If they are going to take away our anonymity then what’s the use of this forum as well as the decentralised crypto sphere ? Why are we even here?

We can always go out and join IPO for the instance. Lolz.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
clonedone

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 04:16:33 PM

I will never do KYC for airdrop campaigns. This is ridiculous. You get a few shitcoins doing aidrops and these coins will never be listed on exchanges. Moreover, such airdrops can be a scam and then scammers will be able to use your documents for their own purposes.
tthuynhutran213

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 06:50:14 AM

I wouldn't recommend doing KYC verifications for airdrops.  Airdrops are rarely profitable and if they are the amount you earn is very minimal.  The risk to rewards is not worth it if the airdrop ends up being a scam and many have been in the past.
VieleSind

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 06:54:26 AM

If any airdrop requires KYC, I think all of you guys should stay away from it Smiley). Airdrop is shit and if any airdrop out there requires pariticipant to do KYC, I think very soon after you submitted your documents, it'll be sold on dark market Smiley. I don't wanna participate in any airdrop cause I don't trust it and don't wanna waste my time to collect trash token Smiley
willybacem

Activity: 120

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 07:12:24 AM

Too risky if we must submit our personal data when the following airdrop.
For myself, it was not all a scam and there is also an airdrop is indeed a really good one.
But I don't want to take the risk if it had to submit personal data to us.
It will be risky for wrong use by irresponsible parties.
Ekenegbu123

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 07:25:11 AM

Demanding KYC on ICOs is understandable, but for low values airdrops,  I consider it risky since your are giving in your personal info for a few dollars at the most on Airdrops. It just does not worth it to give your data just for 3$ or so worth of airdrop
Sarisang

Activity: 784

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 07:35:06 AM

the worst thoughts certainly are if there is the misuse of an identity of our own. Anyway if limited to airdrop I think will not enter if using KYC. This will not be evenly balanced between what we give in the form of identity and with what obtained from airdrop.
kakade

Activity: 826

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 08:00:52 AM

I think it is no need to fulfil. Airdrop is commonly providing the small amount of the token rewards. I myself will not require it and let it go for the rewards. It means that we must send our ID to receive the small amount of the money. I'm afraid of the use of our ID if the project is untrusted. Besides, if the rewards are so high and it is promising and coming from the trusted ICO, it may be.

MoozicoreWORLDS FIRST MUSIC STREAMING SERVICE ON BLOCKCHAIN

█████                     █████
  ███████                   ███████
  ███████       █████       ███████
  ███████      ███████      ███████
   █████        █████        █████
haithomz999

Activity: 21

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 12:17:21 PM

Companies will not care about you, if you say no. There will be others who will not mind.
At the same time, laws are being passed on the disclosure of the identity of the purse holder and others
avonka

Activity: 512

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 09:43:17 PM

Asking KYC for airdrop or bounty is ridiculous. Giving Your personal data without knowing how these data will be stored is a NO to go. It is  needed  in ICOs  because of  the money laundering regulations but no sense asking it for free tokens. There are other methods for preventing of abusing the airdrop and make it fair.
Easx

Activity: 490

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 09:48:08 PM

In bounty It's logical that join the KYC, but not the same for airdrops because of the private personel informations have to be in secure. Lot of scam airdrops in this area, I don't think that it's worth it.

rudyconsl15

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 09:52:20 PM

Filling up KYC and giving away to the unknown and only for Airdrop who will not get big profits I think it's ridiculous and my advice should not be done because it's waste of time and again provide information yourself with useless.
democity

Activity: 303
Merit: 15

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 01:12:04 PM

This is unthinkable. Airdrop needs KYC. I don't know what the project team thinks. This will greatly affect the enthusiasm of people to participate.
ETHtotheMOON1

Activity: 280
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 01:20:53 PM

it's not great, I'm not happy about KYC either, but it's understandable for good projects that want to comply. he solution is to join only the solid projects, not every project. Then your data should be safe.

▰▰▰▰ BLACK ▰▰▰▰
 ▰▰▰▰ Insurance Company on Blockchain  ▰▰▰▰
http://www.black.insure/
masterrex

Activity: 1820
Merit: 107

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 01:24:40 PM

I agree with you just be careful to give your data specially with unnecessary Airdrops that required KYC  its  not normal even Bounty Campaign KYC requirements is unnecessary to do its dangerous that our data will be compromise or sold. that was my personal opinion and no one has influence me.
Camus

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 11:59:02 AM

I agree with you just be careful to give your data specially with unnecessary Airdrops that required KYC  its  not normal even Bounty Campaign KYC requirements is unnecessary to do its dangerous that our data will be compromise or sold. that was my personal opinion and no one has influence me.
KYC for Airdrops is really a bad topic since there is a risk of sending your data to scammers who will later sell them
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  

Jump to: