Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 05:51:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC for Airdrops: A bad precedence  (Read 198083 times)
Cryptoguru274

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2018, 02:50:23 PM

I have recently seen where bounty hunters were asked to present identifying documents.  Am really against kyc because one of the reasons I joined crypto was the anonymity which it provides. But sadly that's gently creeping away.

Now this KYC has come into airdrops. Imagine am to submit my ID to some I don't know which planet he or she or they are from for some pennies worth tokens. 

It's terrible and this is a bad precedence these people are setting.

If as a community we do not say no to this,  then it would become the norm.

Really it's very terrible to see such things happening to bounty hunters. KYC has actually defeated the doctrine of anonymity in the crypto environment but there's nothing we can do now because many bounty hunters are already complying with the standard set by these people because of our desperate human nature.

shelimy

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 04:02:41 PM

In my opinion KYC in airdrops is not a necessary thing mostly because airdrop must be the way to get crypto with easy steps.... KYC makes this process more difficult.
runor

Activity: 150
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 04:07:25 PM

In my KYC in airdrop it is already superfluous, it makes no sense, payments are mostly several times less than in bounty companies!
vendy86

Activity: 490
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2018, 04:08:49 PM

I have recently seen where bounty hunters were asked to present identifying documents.  Am really against kyc because one of the reasons I joined crypto was the anonymity which it provides. But sadly that's gently creeping away.

Now this KYC has come into airdrops. Imagine am to submit my ID to some I don't know which planet he or she or they are from for some pennies worth tokens. 

Let me ask you first.do you know how many cheaters try to cheat airdrop everyday ?
I think its good for ico ask kyc for every bounty and airdrop.
I also really upset with how cheaters make fair player loss their opportunity to gain more stake or token or coin.
If you don't like it,just leave it and find another airdrop that not ask for kyc.

futuristishe

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 04:20:29 PM

Sometimes I agree that you need to pass the KYC but this applies to the bounty platform! This gives the possibility to remove bots and to reduce the participants! This increases the payout to each participant! But for androps KYC is a mistake! FOR those small amounts that they pay to pass KYC is stupid! I advise you not to lose anonymity for such a penny!
BeerTanker

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 09:45:38 PM

For the majority of the clients of new cryptos believe Know Your Customer is unnecesary for their minuscule purchase and a  disproportionate obligation with undesirable risks.
WannabeCryptonaire

Activity: 4

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2018, 10:33:23 PM

I can see no reason why a KFC is required for an airdrop, no purchase is being undertaken.  I WILL NEVER upload my KYC for an airdrop, way to risky as you are seriously exposing yourself to identity theft..

Personally I join the promoted telegram group, twitter, facebook and message the ICO and strongly express my dislike and unwillingness to upload my personal data especially to a business that has not established any level of public trust. I also inform them that i will strongly promote others to do the same and not join the AIRDROP.

United we should encourage all AIRDROP promoters, websites, telegram groups etc to push ICO's not to request KYC if they want there AIRDROP promotion to have any level of success.  We are the marketers for these ICO's as they can no longer pay for advertising after the recent bans on Facebook and Google.    They need us more then we need them..

I have just created a telegram group where you can post airdrops you come across that does not require KYC..  all welcome to join  https://t.me/AirdropNoKYC

dasniz888

Activity: 87

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 10:24:08 AM

I think if airdrop asks KYC it is a very unreasonable thing, because airdrop is just a free coin that has a value of only $ 30 .. since a few months ago a lot of airdrop scam and now they ask for our identity ... I strongly disagree about this
bitcoinmee

Activity: 106
Merit: 28

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 02:53:56 AM

I don't understand why they require KYC for an airdrop. You should not participate to airdrop that only give you 5 Dollar if your lucky and requires KYC

▂▆▇★│X-CASH - Decentralized Network And Cryptocurrency│★▇▆▂
fitty

Activity: 728
Merit: 501

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 09:27:48 AM

I don't understand why they require KYC for an airdrop. You should not participate to airdrop that only give you 5 Dollar if your lucky and requires KYC
That's up to you if you want to give your info just only for the airdrop and your documents may use in some bad ways. Its actually bad to have a kyc in airdrops in the end its all a choice to join.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
oceantiger

Activity: 308
Merit: 8

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 09:32:40 AM

This is awful and come to think of it that it is only bounty promotion that you were involved. You did not buy their token during the ICO event may be they want confirm the genuineness of your fund. But they claim they want  to get rid of cheats in the system who has registered multiple accounts so that the will not cheat others who have put in their effort.
Kratos456

Activity: 364
Merit: 1

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 09:33:07 AM

Well, if you do not want to give information about yourself, then no one will force you. To do or not to do KYC is an individual matter.

[www.athero.io]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  Internet 3.0 solution
▀▀█▄▄   A revolutionary decentralized digital economy   ▄▄█▀▀
sodiik

Activity: 553
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 09:36:46 AM

I feel fine and it does not matter when KYC is applied to the signature campaign, because the result of signature campaign is quite profitable. But I can not help thinking if KYC also reached the airdrop. It will be very inconvenient to remember the result of airdrop is also not much.

TTITA

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 10:53:41 AM

I dont think its a good thing to collect sensitive personal data which is a legal one just to give away few free coins. We should also stay away from such airdrops. But If you participate in the bounty of the company then they may require documents.
DoubleShow

Activity: 292
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 10:59:06 AM

I dont think its a good thing to collect sensitive personal data which is a legal one just to give away few free coins. We should also stay away from such airdrops. But If you participate in the bounty of the company then they may require documents.
KYC can take place from the bounty of the companies. In the airdrop is minimal chance to get something. If 10% of the forms I filled out to send me tokens then I'm happy. By and large, to undergo KYC for$ 50 I wouldn't. Now the payments with airdrop much less than this amount. Bounty for the passage of KYC is already important, but we must look at the expected profit.

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●  AZ FundChain  ●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●
FINANCIAL INCLUSION THROUGH DECENTRALIZED MONEY CIRCLES
http://beta.azfundchain.io
Takia

Activity: 256

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 12:27:48 PM

KYC is giving proof that you are the one who signed up in the poject, but if KYC is applied to Airdrop in my opinion if I am in your position I will not register my KYC.
Jezren

Activity: 238

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 12:43:00 PM

I'm really hesitant to do KYC at first for I'm worried that they might use my details to scam others.I have done some KYC in my past bounties already only if I have a decent stakes but before doing KYC I made sure to research about the team and the developers of the project.And about airdrop KYC I haven't encountered an airdrop requiring kyc but if there is, I wont risk my identity specially if the project haven't established a name that could be trusted.
Thefrolly

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 05:41:39 PM

KYC for anything in crypto market is wrong. Let it be for airdrops or exchanges. There is no guarantee that once you upload your personal documents to the airdropping coin that they are going to use it for the right purposes. Not to mention the fact that if they get hacked your personal documents will be in the hand of hackers and scammers.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Nunii

Activity: 322

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 06:01:08 PM

For airdrops, I think it will not be worth it. For bounty, sometimes its reasonable, essentially, a project.cannot go on without it thus, delaying or stopping its implementation. They comply with regulations, that's why. However, it is really risky, identity threats are everywhere.
stepanovage

Activity: 26

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 06:02:45 PM

KYC is not needed in my opinion but it is the project manager who makes the final call. You have many choices here so it should not be a big problem.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  

Jump to: