Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 04:55:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC for Airdrops: A bad precedence  (Read 198083 times)
crypto228

Activity: 266
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 06:04:36 PM

Well KYC for airdrops, it's really strange. However, for the bounty the KYC is often needed and I do not see anything wrong with this. I'd better send the KYC, than I'll share my rewards with a bunch of bots
Yana_M1

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 06:11:32 PM

It is difficult to reach a consensus in this matter, because each airdrop has different specifications and procedures for which we could not reach a common standard in this regard. Taking into account that many bounties and airdrops only distribute minimum amounts of tokens with insignificant values, it would not be worth filling all those requirements, however there have been airdrops that have come to distribute thousands of dollars per individual, so maybe in those particular cases maybe it is worth filling the requested requirements.
judyrob

Activity: 798
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 06:15:18 PM

I avoid the airdrop and bounty by KYC. Moreover, for airdrop certainly, I avoid because the result is also not how. This is too risky because of course personal identity that we have will be very prone to be abused if properly deployed forces expand to others.
WildFire.ca

Activity: 980
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 06:21:44 PM

It's already getting ridiculous, why go through KYC with for airdrop? This is a free distribution of coins, we do not buy anything...

.Minter.                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█
yahata143

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 01:56:17 AM

KYC is simply means Know Your Customer and the KYC process is main for investors, but never the less,  KYC is a simple process and to show your citizenship identity.
vinhkube01

Activity: 62

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2018, 02:47:28 AM

KYC is very important to everyone, there is no guarantee when we give KYC to them and they will be secure, the airdrop requires KYC I will not do it
Cryptodrop3366

Activity: 3

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 06:09:32 AM

Those airdrop require every information from you under heaven!  I do not subscribe to giving my email out let alone personal information.  I once participated in one airdrop  where my email was required next day, I started receiving spam in my email.
Just use a fake one? Its what i do
dtimmy

Activity: 205

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 06:57:42 AM

you don't need to be an expert or a crypto veteran to realize that handing your private documents to an anonymous (what an irony!) party for only a fist full of dollars is a dangerous gamble. I have participated in a few airdrops and was hesitant to join with my social media accounts, let alone hand out my identity to someone I don't know anything about and I am a newbie! I hope people wise up to this threat and stay away from whoever requires KYC for an airdrop.
lovepetcute1983

Activity: 89

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 09:51:47 AM

You are correct. Why for such a very small amount of money the airdrop participants have to do kyc when it is not even worth several thousands? Imagine if your identity will be stolen to used for bad intentions.
braves182

Activity: 476

The BISTOX exchange - OWN WHAT YOU TRADE

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2018, 10:06:37 AM

Now many serious projects require KYC to participate in ICO, these are the new requirements of SEC, so that in the future there will be no problems with the regulatory authorities. Therefore, often the same KYC rule for investors and for bounty hunters and airdrop participants. This shouldn't be surprised. But I haven't participated in airdrop for a long time, too much garbage and it's difficult to find a really high-quality project, you need to spend a lot of time.

█▀▄ ▀ ▄▀▀ ▀█▀ ▄▀▄ █░█
THE MOST ADVANCED AND SAFE CRYPTOCURRENCY █▀█ █ ░▀▄ ░█░ █░█ ▄▀▄WHITEPAPERTWITTERFACEBOOKTELEGRAMONEPAGER
EXCHANGE IN THE WORLD ▀▀░ ▀ ▀▀░ ░▀░ ░▀░ ▀░▀⬡the B I S T O X exchange⬡
emmybd

Activity: 1218
Merit: 112

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2018, 10:16:10 AM

I think that best option is to avoid participating in airdrops and bounties that require KYC (know your customer). If people start avoiding them then they would be forced not to seek KYC.

pazzanegro

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2018, 10:17:53 AM

Simply its dangerous to give copies of your documents to someone you don't know, be careful because you may not only loose all your tokens but also have problems with credits in banks

GAMEHERO.APP CEO
TwisterPipister

Activity: 238

UNCLOAK™ - Cyber Threat Detection Powered by EOS™

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 10:27:04 AM

I think that best option is to avoid participating in airdrops and bounties that require KYC (know your customer). If people start avoiding them then they would be forced not to seek KYC.

KYC it is not something that ICOs want, they are forced to do it, it all depends from the area where the company is located, despite strict regulations in China for example, it is much easier to do an airdrop there then for example for company that is located in US.

UNCLOAK™ - Cyber Threat Detection Powered by EOS™
┨PRE-SALE  : 25th MAY - 25th JUNE ▌MAIN-SALE: 26th JUNE - 03rd JULY┠
LinkedIn Twitter Facebook Telegram Medium Reddit
Alpha0One1

Activity: 588
Merit: 107

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 10:31:56 AM

I have recently seen where bounty hunters were asked to present identifying documents.  Am really against kyc because one of the reasons I joined crypto was the anonymity which it provides. But sadly that's gently creeping away.

Now this KYC has come into airdrops. Imagine am to submit my ID to some I don't know which planet he or she or they are from for some pennies worth tokens. 

It's terrible and this is a bad precedence these people are setting.

If as a community we do not say no to this,  then it would become the norm.

I agree with your sentiment. Privacy and anonymity is important for me.

But...

Regulations have come and companies launching ICO's are following the trend. They might get shutdown by SEC or other laws, it's also a way to protect their business and clients.
skiorf

Activity: 812
Merit: 310

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 10:51:06 AM

In my opinion, it is very unusual when an airdrop participant has to require the KYC to claim their rewards. It is not only related to their private ID that must be delivered tot he ICO, but also the rewards. Airdrop reward is commonly very small and it is sometimes doubtful. To complete the KYC and then get the token, I think it is too hard for the participants. But, I also don't know how exactly happen to the airdrop program and how much the rewards. Probably, the developer has their own considerations to make it. If you are really sure, just pas it. but, if there is any doubt, just leave it and search for the other airdrops or bounty programs.
fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047

thecryptocurrency.directory

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2018, 10:53:59 AM

I have recently seen where bounty hunters were asked to present identifying documents.  Am really against kyc because one of the reasons I joined crypto was the anonymity which it provides. But sadly that's gently creeping away.

Now this KYC has come into airdrops. Imagine am to submit my ID to some I don't know which planet he or she or they are from for some pennies worth tokens. 

Even if the ico is good and profitable I will not go for it, I agree with your observation, some of these projects are not even registered and compliant so where can we run after, if they go down and they have our information, they can sell it and resell it to various company some of which we don't know their reputation.

handyhuman

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 10:54:28 AM

I think it is not necessary that evwn in joinong an airdrops participants will need to have a KYC because it can reduce and limit the participants who have doesn't KYC.
Afanshik

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 11:00:13 AM

Sometimes such decision to accept KYC in project the team enters when all job is done and there is  time to send the reward. Of course some people don't want to lost their time(bounty can take more than 3 months) and send their documents. But it is not right. Crypto is a thing where everone sees everything, but they don't know exact personalities. In case of KYC this feature will be dead Undecided
Baronggot

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 11:05:59 AM

As far as i know about KYC, it only applies for investors and only seldom to bounty hunters or airdrop hunters. Given the fact that there are lots of scam airdrops today, a KYC could also be a good tool for them to deceive more people making it believe that the ICO is a legit one and it's surely gonna be waste of time of KYC is still needed because in the first place, we're supposed to be given free tokens from them.

arsenti

Activity: 90
Merit: 5

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 11:16:51 AM

I do not like the idea of KYC also and thus will avoid any such campaigns. May be the forum staff can come up with something against this.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  

Jump to: