Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 03:58:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC for Airdrops: A bad precedence  (Read 198083 times)
John vera

Activity: 74
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 01:49:49 PM

I would not trust my real documents to random AirDrop, which I even am not sure that would be beneficial for me. Lips sealed Lips sealed

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
apyong

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 01:52:15 PM

yes it is a bad precedence, because it is so hassle to the part of users who just want to join airdrops. its is not good for an airdrop to follow kYC because it is intended only for the investors.
nitin8263
Copper Member

Activity: 1568

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2018, 01:43:53 AM

I am with you because KYC for Airdrops is A bad precedence. We all know that most of Airdrops are scam but we use KYC in bounty or invest but not in Airdrops.

aseraa12

Activity: 43

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 01:52:06 AM

I surmise that for airdrops it is bust (in spite of the fact that two or three times I met such with vast installments). Some secrecy should in any case remain, in light of the fact that the records required for introduction are not kidding enough, and when they are utilized by different people there might be issues
coook zamk

Activity: 69

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 08:16:24 AM

why is it so difficult to participate airdrop, whereas most token airdrop results are not too much.
Tahdayi

Activity: 350

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 12:24:43 PM

Well, if you ask kyc in airdrop I don't pass , is too great a chance that your documents will then walk around the Internet , but the bounty is not so much is distributed to the public

EASY FEEDBACK, WORKING SINCE 2015  (https://www.easyfeedbacktoken.io/en)
Sama517

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2018, 12:26:19 PM

I have never wasted my time before doing KYC for common airdrop that may end up being fake or shit reward of as low as $0.10 , I am not comfortable with the KYC stuff at all.

▄▄▄▄▄          REFINE MEDIUM: People's own media          ▄▄▄▄▄
maryanti

Activity: 500
Merit: 250

BountyMarketcap

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 12:34:27 PM

I also strongly disagree with KYC's existence in some Airdrops. If Airdrop is worth thousands of cents, I might consider it normal. But the cheap and useless price of Airdrop is very outrageous.

Of course I am against KYC for AIRDROP.

martinpppp38

Activity: 159

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 05:06:19 PM

I don't like KYCs for AD at all. I think a lot of them are scam (but not all of them  Grin), it doesn't bother me if they get my account info like tweeter, facebook (because I created some especially for AD). By giving real information on the other hand (like a copy of identity papers for example), I don't agree.

Malicious people can do many things with this information, I prefer to prevent them (plus I don't see any reason why they should ask to do it if it's to send the equivalent of $5 or $10 coin, it doesn't make any sense)

https://token.snips.ai/
triplef

Activity: 338
Merit: 100

https://eloncity.io/

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 05:17:49 PM

I have recently seen where bounty hunters were asked to present identifying documents.  Am really against kyc because one of the reasons I joined crypto was the anonymity which it provides. But sadly that's gently creeping away.

Now this KYC has come into airdrops. Imagine am to submit my ID to some I don't know which planet he or she or they are from for some pennies worth tokens. 

It's terrible and this is a bad precedence these people are setting.

If as a community we do not say no to this,  then it would become the norm.

Yep, I am also against it. But it is done because some people create different accounts and get more money. But still I don’t like it.

jeron31

Activity: 123

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 05:19:48 PM

I never send my passport photo or selfie with it to projects which give airdrops. I think there is a big chance that this projects are scam.
coinmaster241

Activity: 672
Merit: 32

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 05:20:17 PM

I have recently seen where bounty hunters were asked to present identifying documents.  Am really against kyc because one of the reasons I joined crypto was the anonymity which it provides. But sadly that's gently creeping away.

Now this KYC has come into airdrops. Imagine am to submit my ID to some I don't know which planet he or she or they are from for some pennies worth tokens. 

Yes, if it's for Airdrop, I don't think beginners are often victims of this, but if it's for exchange, we can't reject it, because that's one reason for several exchanges to prevent people from doing undesirable things.
fitty

Activity: 728
Merit: 501

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 06:30:43 PM

Yes, if it's for Airdrop, I don't think beginners are often victims of this, but if it's for exchange, we can't reject it, because that's one reason for several exchanges to prevent people from doing undesirable things.
Eventually newbies were the people who are more prone to this kind of activity while they have no enoigh knowledge they will do it for money. For others of course they know the background and how to check if it was legit or scam nefore submitting any of the required personal information. In airdrops especially small amoints Kyc is not really needed if you will ask me.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
bney

Activity: 333
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 11:33:36 PM

If there are good airdrops it will better KYC process for those. Because these days scammers are everywhere. They stole the details form spreadsheet too. so if there is a KYC process everyone can earn fairly
a2offrb

Activity: 453
Merit: 101

RISE WITH RAYS FOR THE FUTURE

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 11:40:31 PM

You have actually spoken the Truth OP. A great fact far from being fallacy. The essence or Significance of this KYC for common Airdrops with little or mere Tokens rewards must be duly cubed and Checkmated. It is very much irrational to me as well.

]–]  Announce  ]–[    RAYS NETWORK    ]–[  Whitepaper  [–[
A Blockchain Based On Customized DPOS And Bulletproof Protocol
[–[   RISE WITH RAYS   [–[  Telegram  |  Twitter  |  Facebook  ]–]
hyriyum

Activity: 40

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 11:33:58 AM

I'm extremely reluctant to do KYC at first for I'm concerned that they may utilize my points of interest to trick others.I have done some KYC in my past bounties effectively just on the off chance that I have a not too bad stakes however before doing KYC I tried to examine about the group and the engineers of the project.And about airdrop KYC I haven't experienced an airdrop requiring kyc yet in the event that there is, I wont chance my character uniquely if the task haven't set up a name that could be trusted.
GreenAnat

Activity: 126

W12 – Scam

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 11:52:56 AM

I agree? that the KYC for participation in the airdrop is an extra procedure. It only causes doubts. I do not participate in such airdrops.

Be careful with W12, tricked everyone who worked in the bounty campaign. Maybe the investor will lose their money
Bridgetnana

Activity: 30

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 04:40:04 PM

This is the policy of the ICO projects to limit cheating, previously ICO projects do not have KYC. Currently more and more projects require KYC, this is not good. The bonus from the airdrop was too small, adding that KYC participants would not like the project
Robbott

Activity: 103

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 04:14:10 AM

I would not participate in airdrop in which ask KYC, some nonsense ...I don't understand why they're asking you to go through it.
hippygreen

Activity: 119

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 04:25:09 AM

If you fill out a KYC for an airdrop you really have hit rock bottom on both a crypto level and a personal level.  If your so desperate to secure a worthless token your willing to send your papers over the internet to strangers then your already in the world of hurt.  Go ahead and take that chance and see how it ends up.  None of these projects should ever ask you do do something as risky as this. 

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
REMIIT.IO ║ Decentralized Remittance & Payment Platform (https://remiit.io/)
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  

Jump to: