Bitcoin Forum
July 11, 2024, 08:21:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 508 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ActiveMining] The Official Active Mining Discussion Thread [Self-Moderated]  (Read 771102 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
VolanicEruptor

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 03:51:28 PM

"Market capitalization (or market cap) is the total value of the issued shares of a publicly traded company; it is equal to the share price times the number of shares outstanding"

So how does this NOT have anything to do with 3.25 million dollars?  
I needed to calculate the total market cap at IPO price before I could arrive at that number (as most of us here jumped in at .0025)..  If I didn't, then I would have never come up with with 3.25 million dollars.

Now for the biggest question.. Eskimobob, are you high?

zefyr0s

Activity: 245

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 03:57:17 PM

I think it's a bit of misunderstanding bob. He means (and its as you said not as high as .0025 as there were different prices) that the amount in profit that we need to make has to be equal to the amount of money made by selling the initial shares at their respective IPO prices. That's the point at which the amount of dividends given out will equal the amount the shares were initially paid for. I could be wrong here, though.
VolanicEruptor

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 04:00:43 PM

I think it's a bit of misunderstanding bob. He means (and its as you said not as high as .0025 as there were different prices) that the amount in profit that we need to make has to be equal to the amount of money made by selling the initial shares at their respective IPO prices. That's the point at which the amount of dividends given out will equal the amount the shares were initially paid for. I could be wrong here, though.

That's exactly what I said, numerous times..

zefyr0s

Activity: 245

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 04:06:55 PM

Aye, sometimes though it's hard not to respond defensively on the internet when you feel strongly you are correct, or strongly about the argument. Especially so if you're arguing for similar sides of an argument or making the same points.
EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 07:12:39 PM

VolanicEruptor, get your terminology straight, so you can start making sense.  Kiss

Ken, as you can see, this thread is getting out of control again.

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
somestranger

Activity: 487
Merit: 500

Are You Shpongled?

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 07:28:54 PM

Following numbers are a bit worrisome:
and there is another August sales number : $330,000
I assume this is revenue
Revenue: 330000?
Cost of goods sold:  240031 ?
Profit: 89969?

This only a 27.26% gross margin or 37.48% Mark Up. I personally hope, this is some type of anomaly and official reports, Ken has promised to publish soon, will clear this up for good. If those are correct numbers, my calculations show that Gh cost is somewhere between 6-8 USD.
I hope I am wrong.
I think that the 27% is a net margin taking into account engineering costs, Ken's salary, employee salaries, fixed costs, etc. Otherwise it does seem quite low... $6-8/GH is really pricy and I doubt one chip is costing $100. I think $2/GH is more reasonable, but of course that is under NDA for now. It would be nice if Ken would take some time to answer the pertinent questions appearing in this thread, and also culling some of the bullshit posts from users such as Crumbs.
Sou

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

(Bitcoin related text here)

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 07:32:16 PM

Anyone have a guess what week it's at right now in the 9 weeks to sample chips?
VolanicEruptor

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 07:38:31 PM

VolanicEruptor, get your terminology straight, so you can start making sense.  Kiss

Ken, as you can see, this thread is getting out of control again.

You obviously made a fool of yourself because you couldn't understand how I came up with 3.25 million dollars needed for profit.
If it makes you feel better to try to turn the tables, then all the power to you...everyone else witnessed what actually happened

VolanicEruptor

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 07:41:11 PM

I assume this is revenue
Cost of goods sold:  240031 ?

This only a 27.26% gross margin or 37.48% Mark Up. I personally hope, this is some type of anomaly and official reports, Ken has promised to publish soon, will clear this up for good. If those are correct numbers, my calculations show that Gh cost is somewhere between 6-8 USD.
I hope I am wrong.
I think that the 27% is a net margin taking into account engineering costs, Ken's salary, employee salaries, fixed costs, etc. Otherwise it does seem quite low... $6-8/GH is really pricy and I doubt one chip is costing $100. I think $2/GH is more reasonable, but of course that is under NDA for now. It would be nice if Ken would take some time to answer the pertinent questions appearing in this thread, and also culling some of the bullshit posts from users such as Crumbs.

Ken said that $80k was cash in the pocket, while $330k were including sales from people who "haven't paid yet" (those were his exact words).  So basically if someone filled out an order and abandoned it at the last second, he decided to count this for some reason.   Apparently his accounting skills are really good because "one time in class he got the highest mark for an accounting project".  Those were his exact words as well from one of his older posts.  lol

This sounds like the kind of old crazy man who would need to wear a diaper he's so fucked..

kleeck

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

https://karatcoin.co

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 07:56:52 PM

I assume this is revenue
Cost of goods sold:  240031 ?

I hope I am wrong.

Ken said that $80k was cash in the pocket, while $330k were including sales from people who "haven't paid yet" (those were his exact words).  So basically if someone filled out an order and abandoned it at the last second, he decided to count this for some reason.   Apparently his accounting skills are really good because "one time in class he got the highest mark for an accounting project".  Those were his exact words as well from one of his older posts.  lol

This sounds like the kind of old crazy man who would need to wear a diaper he's so fucked..

Slow your roll champ. Link?

█ █████       ▄████▀▄██▀
  █ █████     ▄████▀███▀
  █ █████    ████▀███▀
  █ █████  ▄███▀███▓
  █ █████▄███▀████▀
  █ ███████▀████▀
  █ █████▀▄█████▄
  █ ███▀▄█████████▄
  █ █▀▄██ ▀█████████▄
  █ ▄████   ▀███████▀█▄   
  █ █████     ▀███▀▄████▄
  █ █████       ▀▄████████▄

█████                   
                ▄███  █  ███▄               
             ███      █      ███             
         ▄███         █         ███▄         
       ██    ███████████████████    ██       
    ████            ██ ██            ████   
    ██             █     █             ██   
    █ █           █       █           █ █   
    █ ██         █         █         ██ █   
    █  ██      ██           ██      ██  █   
    █   ██    ██             ██    ██   █   
    █    ██  ██               ██  ██    █   
    █     █ ██                 ██ █     █   
    █     █████████████████████████     █   
    █  ███  ██                 ██  ███  █   
    ███       █               █       ███   
      ███      ██           ██      ███     
         ███     █         █     ███         
            ▀███  ██     ██  ███▀           
                ▀████   ████▀               
▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
VolanicEruptor

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 08:03:33 PM

I'm not digging through months of posts to find it.  Either believe me or don't.  I'm sure some others will remember this quite clearly without needing me to dig it up.

lobbes

Activity: 240
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 04:08:27 AM

What are the current pre-order sales on the 24.576 TH/s?

Are there plans to accept CC/Paypal?

Thank you

drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 07:32:53 AM

Ken please reply, are all BTCT.co shares moving to bitfunder? Please reply urgent
Sou

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

(Bitcoin related text here)

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 07:33:56 AM

Ken please reply, are all BTCT.co shares moving to bitfunder? Please reply urgent

This seems like the most logical course of action.
funkymunky

Activity: 283

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 07:34:29 AM

FAO Ken and ALL BTC-TC Users
From BTC-TC:

Code:
Website Shutdown Announcement
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL BTC TRADING CORP WEBSITE PARTICIPANTS

As a result of recent changes in the virtual currency regulatory environment, the btct.co and litecoinglobal.com virtual stock market websites will be closing down.  The following is our current schedule:

Approximately a week ago, both sites were closed to any new users and new asset creation was disabled.

Effective immediately, in conjunction with this release, trading will be halted, all order books cleared, and trading re-enabled.

October 7, 2013, all forms of secondary market trading will be halted on both sites.

Approximately October 31, 2013, both sites will be taken offline.  It is strongly suggested that participants take the following steps to protect all of their virtual assets:

All participants should take steps to transfer all of your BTC and LTC (and any other data you wish to keep, such as CSV trade histories) held on the sites to your personal computer or another trusted site.

All participants should make sure that their public BTC or LTC address is properly set in the Account page on the Settings tab whereby it can be shared with all issuers.

All “issuers” should have the contact information concerning their “investors”, and we ask that all “issuers” communicate with their “investors” as soon as possible as to how they will ensure that all are treated appropriately.
We regret this development. However, we want to do everything we can to minimize problems arising from this transition.  It is our goal to keep this shutdown orderly and calm.

Thank you for your participation, creativity, loyalty and sense of community over the past year.  Additional communications will follow as we work out the details.

Ethan Burnside
BTC Trading Corp.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2013, 07:39:27 AM

LOL, didn't volcaniceruptor waste $5 grand to move shares the other way?

that guy is almost as bad at investing as bargraphics and Stuart!

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 07:47:11 AM

We really need someone to call Ken up now to clarify, what's going on? Can we move over to bitfunder?

Yeah I am kind of panicking.
funkymunky

Activity: 283

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 07:53:05 AM

My take on this, is that it is entirely possible for Ken to transfer all Shares over to Bitfunder.
This is something I'm entirely sure he will have to do, and what I imagine every other Security will have to do.
There are too many shares and time involvement, I believe for him to turn this into a direct share like the AsicMiners ones.

I'm surprised at this announcement though.

Bitfunder is a good site, I personally prefer it over BTC-TC.
byt411

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 08:02:02 AM

Yeah, please clarify.
runam0k
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

Touchdown

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 08:08:42 AM

Probably a good thing for those holding the traditionally cheaper shares on bitfunder. Not a good thing for those holding the traditionally higher priced shares on btc-tc. Angry
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 508 »
  Print  

Jump to: