Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:32:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 [108] 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 ... 508 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ActiveMining] The Official Active Mining Discussion Thread [Self-Moderated]  (Read 771073 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Bargraphics

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do.

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 09:53:02 PM

to make it simple, say:-

i took screenshots as prove, etc.

then some person steals my screenshots on computer and signs a new generated bitcoin address with username and share number as seen on screenshot.

ken, how would you verify and stop such person, if this happens in reality?  how would you check the public bitcoin address? public asset list is not accurate and changes.

example , you might not have took a record of public asset list when X person transfered and his address vanished from asset list,  then you took a record of asset list,  how would you verify with that?

You can't trade transferred shares obviously.

The asset list he will obtain will be after the trading is frozen.

Only a signature from the asset list can be used to validate ownership (Make sure you are using a valid address on bitfunder)

Asset list is here https://bitfunder.com/assetlist

Screenshots are only part of the safety measure, signing is the ultimate form of safety.
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
knybe

Activity: 658

decentralize EVERYTHING...

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 09:59:53 PM
Last edit: November 05, 2013, 10:09:55 PM by knybe

then some person steals my screenshots on computer and signs a new generated bitcoin address with username and share number as seen on screenshot.

ken, how would you verify and stop such person, if this happens in reality?  how would you check the public bitcoin address? public asset list is not accurate and changes.

example , you might not have took a record of public asset list when X person transfered and his address vanished from asset list,  then you took a record of asset list,  how would you verify with that?

You just aren't getting it… A screenshot doesn't mean anything. Your public bitcoin address is already PUBLIC (do a search for it here and you'll see it: https://bitfunder.com/assetlist). AND nobody can claim your shares with only a screen shot of said address and shares if you are the sole controller and signer of your public bitcoin address.

Your public bitcoin address should be only UNDER YOUR CONTROL and an address that you can SIGN to verify that it's really yours i.e. blockchain.info or better yet and offline wallet like Bitcoin-Qt
bitmoon

Activity: 242
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 10:06:07 PM

ken, how would you verify and stop such person, if this happens in reality?  how would you check the public bitcoin address? public asset list is not accurate and changes.

example , you might not have took a record of public asset list when X person transfered and his address vanished from asset list,  then you took a record of asset list,  how would you verify with that?

Only a signature from the asset list can be used to validate ownership (Make sure you are using a valid address on bitfunder)

Screenshots are only part of the safety measure, signing is the ultimate form of safety.

not talking about trade, but if in example, the person stole the screenshot can claim the shares with new bitcoin address, while believing ken only relies on public asset list to check the address, but is not accurate.

ok you said ken will obtain asset list after asset is frozen?
i have not heard that from ken, if so that will be far better security then public asset list he told me.

so that asset list you speak of will hold hard links between username and public address?
if so, that will calm me, superb. and there wont be a way for Mr.X person to steal or make use of stolen screenshot
knybe

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 10:10:41 PM

not talking about trade, but if in example, the person stole the screenshot can claim the shares with new bitcoin address, while believing ken only relies on public asset list to check the address, but is not accurate.

ok you said ken will obtain asset list after asset is frozen?
i have not heard that from ken, if so that will be far better security then public asset list he told me.

so that asset list you speak of will hold hard links between username and public address?
if so, that will calm me, superb. and there wont be a way for Mr.X person to steal or make use of stolen screenshot

dude really?
bitmoon

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 10:19:01 PM

ken, how would you verify and stop such person, if this happens in reality?  how would you check the public bitcoin address? public asset list is not accurate and changes.

example , you might not have took a record of public asset list when X person transfered and his address vanished from asset list,  then you took a record of asset list,  how would you verify with that?

You just aren't getting it… A screenshot doesn't mean anything. Your public bitcoin address is already PUBLIC (do a search for it here and you'll see it: https://bitfunder.com/assetlist). AND nobody can claim your shares with only a screen shot of said address and shares if you are the sole controller and signer of your public bitcoin address.

Your public bitcoin address should be only UNDER YOUR CONTROL and an address that you can SIGN to verify that it's really yours (i.e. blockchain.info or better yet and offline wallet like Bitcoin-Qt)

edit: assume you did all correct and signed with correct address

i know that. but how would ken check if public address is correct,  the transaction only shows username,shares,timestamp, no public address.

if you say ken will obtain different asset list, other then public asset list, then all is good,  becuase i heard the latter (public asset list)
knybe

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 10:24:39 PM

queue the Benny Hill music...
bitzox

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 10:29:10 PM

Can someone post clear instructions about this transfer from A to Z?

+1

18QpV8ZF3Y4oK8guDQiwTAK73W9r5nvBtm
JimmyJazz

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 10:38:26 PM

Obviously when you transfer your shares to Ken they no longer appear on the asset list next to your public btc address.
So.. how will Ken know? unless the btc address also appears to him when the shares are transferred, and he takes a note of it? Then he would ask you to sign that address to confirm?

For example I have tendered my shares. but now I do not appear on the asset list as owning any actm shares.
minerpart

Activity: 280

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 10:40:00 PM

Go to the 'Transfer' page.
Select ActiveMining shares.
Select amount.
Input AMC-TENDER into Username box
Click TRANSFER.

Before you do that, go to the 'Settings' page and make sure your 'Public Bitcoin Address' is one that you can sign.

Easy enough?

knybe

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 10:41:56 PM
Last edit: November 06, 2013, 01:18:57 AM by knybe

COMPLETE INSTRUCTIONS FOR TRANSFERRING SHARES:

Announcement

Due to Bitfunder closing down, we are extending the deadline to transfer shares to AMC-TENDER until November 13th, 2013.

At this time all shareholders should follow the procedure for transferring shares to AMC-TENDER.

Dividends which are due to be paid tomorrow will be suspended until we have the share problem solved.

We will be creating Pass-Through shares on a yet undetermined exchange for our shareholders.

After the Pass-Through is created, we will pay the suspended dividends.

Active Mining Corporation (Belize)

FIRST DO THIS:

THEN DO THIS:
knybe

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 10:43:40 PM
Last edit: November 05, 2013, 11:20:52 PM by knybe

Obviously when you transfer your shares to Ken they no longer appear on the asset list next to your public btc address.
So.. how will Ken know? unless the btc address also appears to him when the shares are transferred, and he takes a note of it? Then he would ask you to sign that address to confirm?

For example I have tendered my shares. but now I do not appear on the asset list as owning any actm shares.

How does your bank know that your money, associated with your BANK ACCOUNT NUMBER, is yours?

Your public bitcoin address acts as your "bank account number" or in this case, your "BitFunder account number" (which Ken has a record of and the amount of shares associated with). Once transferred this number will no longer show those shares as yours anymore, so therefore it won't show your address on the asset list. Your shares are technically not yours (for the time being) because you have tendered or transferred association with them to another account called AMC-TENDER (again, for the time being while pass-throughs get sorted out).

Now, because you did transfer a specific quantity of shares that are associated with a specific Public Bitcoin Address, you will be able to claim those shares at a later date by securely signing a yet-to-be-announced message, from that very same public bitcoin address (previously your BitFunder account number).
gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1009

Ad maiora!

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 11:01:28 PM

I'm sorry, but the whole "signed messages" thing has me stymied. I understand the results of signed messages (sending verifiable transactions) but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to do it? I have been using google to try and get some easy to understand information and how-to's about this feature, as I have heard a lot about it for a long time and realize its importance, but the only stuff I can find involves writing in codes and going in to json files etc. which I have no understanding of. Is there a "for dummies" explanation of how to sign messages? something non-programmers might understand?
It should contain;
1. clients that allow this function
2. step by step procedure for signing messages

even the btc wiki on it is way out of my depth.

I'm sure I am not the only one here, ANY help would be greatly appreciated
bigdude

Activity: 896

Dolphins Finance TRUSTED FINANCE

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 11:10:32 PM

This is a good and relevant question.

My assumption, is that when you transfer the shares to AMC-TENDER, Ken gets notification somehow that XXXXX shares have been to sent to him from addess blahblahblah

Then we can sign from that address in our wallets.

One way or another, Ken must be able to see the shares came from an address, otherwise there is no point in signing for verification later ... because as you have said, the shares are no longer recorded against your address on the Assets List.

Ken can confirm or correct this

shadallion

Activity: 304
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 11:12:04 PM

I'm sorry, but the whole "signed messages" thing has me stymied. I understand the results of signed messages (sending verifiable transactions) but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to do it? I have been using google to try and get some easy to understand information and how-to's about this feature, as I have heard a lot about it for a long time and realize its importance, but the only stuff I can find involves writing in codes and going in to json files etc. which I have no understanding of. Is there a "for dummies" explanation of how to sign messages? something non-programmers might understand?
It should contain;

I'll give you the link to the video that knybe gave me when I had this exact question:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S88ciN9DsRk
shrodes

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 11:12:28 PM

It should contain;

Then:
How can I sign a Bitcoin message?
Please log in to your My Wallet account, navigate to the 'Receive Money' tab, and click the Action option.
https://blockchain.info/Resources/faq/signmessage.png
Effayy

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 11:14:24 PM

Ok folks. Hold your horses.  I'm not going to be home until late tonight, but when I do get home I'll make a nice big post with screenshots etc going through the process step-by-step. I'll use bitcoin-qt since that's what I'm familiar with.  

That'll give everyone plenty of time to get this taken care of before the deadline.

BTC: 1FJ6nP3BmEDrpGZP5UtaGUrssV3A6rnhpU
kslaughter (OP)

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2013, 11:17:04 PM

shares transferred.
Do I need to send you a e-mail too?

No, not at this time.
kslaughter (OP)

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2013, 11:19:22 PM

how do you verify the public bitcoin address truely is associated with bitfunder username, other then the bitcoin address signing.

what happens if a user uses different bitcoin address then his public bitcoin address, and signs it? and asset list wont longer show his public address

asset list is not enough, becuase some people buy or sell or transfer, so asset list changes

We are saving the asset list on a regular basis.  Also, there is a person that is saving the asset list every 10 minutes.
bitmoon

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 11:23:30 PM

how do you verify the public bitcoin address truely is associated with bitfunder username, other then the bitcoin address signing.

what happens if a user uses different bitcoin address then his public bitcoin address, and signs it? and asset list wont longer show his public address

asset list is not enough, becuase some people buy or sell or transfer, so asset list changes

We are saving the asset list on a regular basis.  Also, there is a person that is saving the asset list every 10 minutes.

is it internal asset list? that holds username,public address,emails,share number , etc?
knybe

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 11:26:30 PM

We are saving the asset list on a regular basis.  Also, there is a person that is saving the asset list every 10 minutes.

hmm okay. maybe this negates my assumption that you do have a thorough record of number of shares associated with public BTC addreses.

just out of curiosity: I've done two separate transfers to AMC-TENDER (bought a few more shares after my main - initial transfer), will you have record of that?
Pages: « 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 [108] 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 ... 508 »
  Print  

Jump to: