Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:01:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 ... 508 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ActiveMining] The Official Active Mining Discussion Thread [Self-Moderated]  (Read 771074 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
somestranger

Activity: 487
Merit: 500

Are You Shpongled?

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 06:41:42 PM

How did the 600K transfer of shares from Bitfunder to Cryptostocks work?  Anybody know the details of the transaction/move?

Look a few pages back.

Thanks, I saw that there was speculation that a large shareholder wanted to transfer/sell on a new exchange.  Just wanted to see if there was official confirmation on that.
I don't think there ever was confirmation of this. I want to know too.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zumzero

Activity: 602

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2013, 07:03:20 PM

Yeah, looks like iceDRILL have traded just over half a bitcoin in the last 24 hrs.

So you finally decided to take my advice and sell you shares bALLBREAKER, oops sry, mumble.

https://mybitcoin.garden
Bitcoin game where you can earn up to 220% on each planted garden!
Stuartuk

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 07:53:50 PM

MAJOR lolz,

Mr iceman is balls deep in what must be one of the biggest failures bitfunder has seen.

I can't even work out how far below IPO price in percentage terms icedrill is. But suffice to say anybody who wants out now is totally shafted. With 0.5 btc traded a day you just can't find any buyers to take your shares - its a very pathetic situation for all involved.

Now atleast with ACtM with a daily turnover around 60x that of icedrill there is a nice bit of liquidity and a decent turnover for anyone wanting or needing out. Who knows when you might need some cash - if you are in icedrill forget it, your money is as good as frozen.

And with a lot of (not all by any means) bitfunder holders having got in at original IPO of .0005 and with bitcoin near 200USD I'd say a lot of holders are still up 100% in FIAT value.

Sure icedrill is valued in bitcoin too but you can't realise the increase - there is no depth of buyers to take your shares off you! You couldn't have made a worse choice yet this Troll dude did it! I'm SURE he said he was into Labcoin too. And he has the temerity to suggest we've been done!

You couldn't make this up, it is pretty delusional at best.
crumbs

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 09:00:19 PM

And with a lot of (not all by any means) bitfunder holders having got in at original IPO of .0005 and with bitcoin near 200USD I'd say a lot of holders are still up 100% in FIAT value.

Lol, stop it.  It's like watching a slapfight on the short bus.
You're all challenged, but Jesus still loves you, and i tolerate you too.  Sure, you might be smarter than the tard who "invested" in IceDrill, but to me & Jesus, you're all just about the same.
Now do some more investing, and for Christ's sake, stop drooling and be nice to one another Smiley

Peace.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2013, 09:12:53 PM

MAJOR lolz,

Mr iceman is balls deep in what must be one of the biggest failures bitfunder has seen.

I can't even work out how far below IPO price in percentage terms icedrill is. But suffice to say anybody who wants out now is totally shafted. With 0.5 btc traded a day you just can't find any buyers to take your shares - its a very pathetic situation for all involved.

Now atleast with ACtM with a daily turnover around 60x that of icedrill there is a nice bit of liquidity and a decent turnover for anyone wanting or needing out. Who knows when you might need some cash - if you are in icedrill forget it, your money is as good as frozen.

Sure icedrill is valued in bitcoin too but you can't realise the increase - there is no depth of buyers to take your shares off you! You couldn't have made a worse choice yet this Troll dude did it! I'm SURE he said he was into Labcoin too. And he has the temerity to suggest we've been done!

You couldn't make this up, it is pretty delusional at best.

Hi Mr Stuartuk!

Your concern is touching but misplaced. 

You and the other remaining cheerleader must be very lonely and forlorn in your battered wife/Stockholm Syndrome bubble of denial.

I've seen this movie (where the scumbag coach blatantly abuses his innocent, trusting, naive cheerleaders but they refuse to believe he doesn't love him) on Lifetime before.  It never ends well; he always winds up in jail.

IceDrill shares (0.0007) are worth more than ACTM (0.0006) because they are exchangeable for real (not EZ Copy) 3rd gen ASICs.

Anyway, I turned in most of my Ice.Drill shares in exchange for Batch 1 Sierras.  The rest will collect dividends!   Cool

ALWAYS BET ON iCE.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Technologov

Activity: 203
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 09:36:17 PM

I vote to kick "iCEBREAKER" from this topic.

You're just a big, fat troll, "iCEBREAKER".
Go troll somewhere else.

Go start your own "Anti-ActiveMining" forum thread, and troll there.

-Technologov
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2013, 10:09:16 PM

Go troll somewhere else.

-Technologov

I was minding my own business when Stuartuk invited me into the discussion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right_of_reply

The right of reply is the right to defend oneself against public criticism in the same venue where it was published.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Stuartuk

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 10:45:05 PM

Wow, this Troll talks some serious crap. If anyone can make sense of anything of his on this page please explain - the truth hurts his little boat that's clear!

If he sold his Icedriller shares already, then he did so for a big big loss, look at their chart from IPO - double lolly lol lolz. Each Sierra is 7k and he bought atleast 2 (his use of the plural). So he pulled 14k USD out of icedrill I would say about a month ago, maybe more recently? So from 0.0015 he could only have sold at 0.0010 at best. So he lost 7k USD right there minimum.

Anyone else double lol-ing at that? And this guy claims to be an expert - but poke him a bit and his crap investment moves come out, his ego means he just can't keep quiet about them. The micedrill chart doesn't lie, it's never shown a profit from IPO!

Well apologies to have mentioned the Troll. The thing about Trolls is they are almost exclusively motivated by their tragic little egos. So the merest mention and they are all over you, like an unpleasant rash. There may be more, but now you know, the guy is clueless. 7k hit - OWCH!

Cheesy

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2013, 10:59:55 PM

Wow, this Troll talks some serious crap. If anyone can make sense of anything of his on this page please explain - the truth hurts his little boat that's clear!

If he sold his Icedriller shares already, then he did so for a big big loss, look at their chart from IPO - double lolly lol lolz. Each Sierra is 7k and he bought atleast 2 (his use of the plural). So he pulled 14k USD out of icedrill I would say about a month ago, maybe more recently? So from 0.0015 he could only have sold at 0.0010 at best. So he lost 7k USD right there minimum.

Anyone else double lol-ing at that? And this guy claims to be an expert - but poke him a bit and his crap investment moves come out, his ego means he just can't keep quiet about them. The micedrill chart doesn't lie, it's never shown a profit from IPO!

Well apologies to have mentioned the Troll. The thing about Trolls is they are almost exclusively motivated by their tragic little egos. So the merest mention and they are all over you, like an unpleasant rash. There may be more, but now you know, the guy is clueless. 7k hit - OWCH!

Cheesy

This is pretty simple to understand: 

1.  I have sold zero shares.

2.  120,000 IceDrill shares may be traded for a Batch 1 Sierra.

Source:
Hi All

As stated, each IceDrill.ASIC share represents 10Mh/s at the start of the mine becoming operational. What we would like to propose is a shares for hardware swap. So, instead of selling their shares into the open market (to clear their positions) investors instead take possession of the hardware itself. For this trade, these shares would be handed back to us and then simply destroyed.

You can clear your IceDrill.ASIC BitFunder position without selling all your shares for cheaper than they are worth.

The hardware for share swap is calculated as follows:
    1200 000 Mh (one Sierra unit) / 10 Mh (per share) = 120 000 shares per Sierra unit.

How many shares of ACTM does it take to trade for 1.2TH of 3rd gen ASIC?

One million?  Two million?  More than the cheerleaders own?   Tongue

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
ajk
Donator

Activity: 447

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 11:24:11 PM

everyone makes losing trades but you can tell who the people with more professional attitudes are from their losing trades, there really isnt many ways you can spin buying icedrill shares,

so you can trade your shares which are well below IPO price, nearly half to be exact, for an even bigger losing proposition such as mining,

everyone should just move on and accept the fact that most securities right now got owned from the regulatory issues involved it doesnt matter if you bought icedrill, activemining, or even AsicMiner anyone who participated lost some money..

my 2 satoshi's, bye all
Stuartuk

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 11:26:59 PM

120,000x0.0008=96BTC

96x190=18,240USD

So this pro paid 11k OVER the retail price per miner?? Jesus wept, and that is something we are supposed to aspire to?

120k shares would have cost around 22kUSD at IPO? So the bottom line is actually he's got himself a 7k miner for 22k.

Now that is the bargain of the century - considering the shares are un-sellable in any quantity now it really was a no-brainer swap.

A 7k miner for 22k. O M F G...

somestranger

Activity: 487

Are You Shpongled?

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 11:30:42 PM

everyone should just move on and accept the fact that most securities right now got owned from the regulatory issues involved it doesnt matter if you bought icedrill, activemining, or even AsicMiner anyone who participated lost some money..
Agreed.

I'm glad you brought this up... I was going to post about how overpriced the Icedrill conversion was but didn't want to dig through to find the actual numbers.
canth
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 11:34:28 PM

Go troll somewhere else.

-Technologov

Not only has the iceman been very quiet as of late, his response to stuartuk's taunting was pretty damned polite, considering what passes for retorts on this forum. Wait until he actually does something deserving before asking for the muzzle.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2013, 11:40:34 PM

120,000x0.0008=96BTC

96x190=18,240USD

So this pro paid 11k OVER the retail price per miner?? Jesus wept, and that is something we are supposed to aspire to?

120k shares would have cost around 22kUSD at IPO? So the bottom line is actually he's got himself a 7k miner for 22k.

Now that is the bargain of the century - considering the shares are un-sellable in any quantity now it really was a no-brainer swap.

Batch 1 Baby Jets cost $5,600 each (Source: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=270384.0).

A Batch 1 Sierra is worth three B1BJs.

3 x $5,600 = $16,800

Q.  How many 1.2TH ASICs can you get for 120,000 shares of ACTM?

A.  ZumZero!

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
kleeck

Activity: 532

https://karatcoin.co

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 02:57:33 AM

120,000x0.0008=96BTC

96x190=18,240USD

Batch 1 Baby Jets cost $5,600 each (Source: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=270384.0).

3 x $5,600 = $16,800

A.  ZumZero!

I'll try to be gentle:

Now kindly go away with your HashFast cheering here. I'm sure there's a thread for you people. Wink

█ █████       ▄████▀▄██▀
  █ █████     ▄████▀███▀
  █ █████    ████▀███▀
  █ █████  ▄███▀███▓
  █ █████▄███▀████▀
  █ ███████▀████▀
  █ █████▀▄█████▄
  █ ███▀▄█████████▄
  █ █▀▄██ ▀█████████▄
  █ ▄████   ▀███████▀█▄   
  █ █████     ▀███▀▄████▄
  █ █████       ▀▄████████▄

█████                   
                ▄███  █  ███▄               
             ███      █      ███             
         ▄███         █         ███▄         
       ██    ███████████████████    ██       
    ████            ██ ██            ████   
    ██             █     █             ██   
    █ █           █       █           █ █   
    █ ██         █         █         ██ █   
    █  ██      ██           ██      ██  █   
    █   ██    ██             ██    ██   █   
    █    ██  ██               ██  ██    █   
    █     █ ██                 ██ █     █   
    █     █████████████████████████     █   
    █  ███  ██                 ██  ███  █   
    ███       █               █       ███   
      ███      ██           ██      ███     
         ███     █         █     ███         
            ▀███  ██     ██  ███▀           
                ▀████   ████▀               
▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
VolanicEruptor

Activity: 392

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 03:49:11 AM

120,000x0.0008=96BTC

96x190=18,240USD

3 x $5,600 = $16,800

A.  ZumZero!

Meanwhile, at the golden palace to you call HASHFAST:

And, as of a few days ago, ... ...  it looks like we're probably going to slip, by about a week.

Ironically, not because of the silicon, even though that is the part of the system that takes the longest to manufacture. That's going through the foundry smoothly. But we ran into a delay sourcing one of our other components.

We've now found an alternative source. But that delay means it'll be challenging for us to ship finished systems before the end of October.

It's disappointing, but unfortunately these things happen. I'm glad we've made it this far through the process, and are still so close to our target date.

(I'm watching every day to see how close Cointerra will come to their targeted tapeout date.)

Amy Woodward
VP Engineering

HashFast Technologies[/b]

And the Labcoin style delays begin!   Cheesy  Have fun with that.  We're all fucked, because the real money that's being made isn't being distributed amongst investors.  This includes you, shithead..

knybe

Activity: 658

decentralize EVERYTHING...

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 03:55:58 AM

I'll try to be gentle:

Now kindly go away with your HashFast cheering here. I'm sure there's a thread for you people. Wink

Ha! Face.
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 03:58:43 AM

I think the sad thing about the current situation is that the private companies are making all the money now.

ActiveMining was a chance to give Bitcoin back to the people, but now it looks like greedy private interests will be king.

The people selling the shovels win, and the success now is in private.

We have all lost, about 10 people have won.

The new 1%
lobbes

Activity: 240
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 04:32:55 AM

I'm still new to this, so I'm probably stating the obvious, but after playing around with the data at the genesis block, it would seem that breaking even with any product currently on the market is going to be impossible as we approach Spring of 2014 (this was assuming 100% difficulty increase per month).

It seems safe to assume sales will drop as people realize there is no ROI; focus shifts for the big guys to mining.

I'm thinking that, at that point, only the most innovative companies will survive. I'm hoping that ActiveMining can be one of those companies, but we will see...

The best long-term investment is probably just buying and holding bitcoin, but this is more fun I must say.

drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 04:56:07 AM

I'm still new to this, so I'm probably stating the obvious, but after playing around with the data at the genesis block, it would seem that breaking even with any product currently on the market is going to be impossible as we approach Spring of 2014 (this was assuming 100% difficulty increase per month).

It seems safe to assume sales will drop as people realize there is no ROI; focus shifts for the big guys to mining.

I'm thinking that, at that point, only the most innovative companies will survive. I'm hoping that ActiveMining can be one of those companies, but we will see...

The best long-term investment is probably just buying and holding bitcoin, but this is more fun I must say.

This is true, if you buy mining hardware you are going to have a very hard time making ROI. Only the companies profit and what companies are winning? Private companies where the profit remains with a few people.

This is the new 1%
Pages: « 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 ... 508 »
  Print  

Jump to: