Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 07:23:23 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 72 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Sending in fake ID for KYC  (Read 89313 times)
Haskara

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 09:21:28 PM

youre 100%right
Aaarono

Activity: 70

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 09:24:34 PM

Question: How did they get a chance to see you Identification?

Have done KYC's and it is all directly to the email of the company or their google docs.
I dont think there is a chance they will get it if you are careful enough.
You cannot just posts your Identification anywhere specially when it is your passport ID or government ID's.
It will be a real problem if this hooligans get their hands on that.

Possibly it will be for their alt accounts.

Hopefully not too many scams care enough to actually ask for an ID. They should have at least this much dignity.
I just hope we won't end up seeing ourselves on the dark web.
Mantisa83

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 10:21:33 PM

I'd be curious to see exactly how much dirty money is being moved around. I'm guessing it's a tiny fraction of the total and yet they treat good people like criminals. As if showing your ID and not appearing on some list automatically make you a good person. You need permission to send or receive your own money. Ridiculous. No wonder the world economy has slowed. It takes four days to get a wire from Canada to the US, using the excuse that the transaction needs to be screened. Another good way to increase the float, that money is sitting in someone's account getting used.
alexeylom

Activity: 336

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 11:14:28 PM

Listen, let's honestly, the companies do not want to spit on this procedure. It is for them to do this because the state dictates it to them, some people go for it with special attention. But that's not the point. Personally, I am against this procedure and do not see any reason why I should send my documents to anyone I do not know. You are sorry, of course, but I sent you my money, and you also want documents, are not enough for you? - Honestly, for me it is uttermost absurdity
Snixer

Activity: 303
Merit: 43

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2018, 11:26:54 PM

I just was brought up to speed on groups of people sending in fake/Photoshopped ID's by scanning public records to defeat the KYC process and it seemingly is very easy to do.  It appears that many people sent in fake documentation to the Bob's and Polymath KYC and had no hassles.  How do these companies verify people if all they have to go on is public information?  Did they even really check the ID's or were they simply collected the data?  How rampant do you think this is?  How many of us are complete fools for turning in our documents when others simply faked it.  Now they have our data and the people who faked it are still secure.

NOT FAIR.

I would never ever do KYC for bounty. That is like calling to get scammed. It's risky enough to invest in ICOs, now that KYC is being applied for bounty, that is absolutely ridiculous

Same here I'm never gonna send a KYC for a bounty, I don't feel like getting my identiy stolen by random people.

On the other hand while I don't love sending KYC, I'm pretty much forced to if I want to partecipate in any decent ICO.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Cryptovalute24ore.it   •  Guide Semplici e Complete, Notizie e Quotazioni sulle Criptovalute   •  TELEGRAM   ▲  Acquista Gioielli Artigianali con Criptovalute su FioridiLilla.com  
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
ZaoXhou

Activity: 467
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 11:29:12 PM

I just was brought up to speed on groups of people sending in fake/Photoshopped ID's by scanning public records to defeat the KYC process and it seemingly is very easy to do.  It appears that many people sent in fake documentation to the Bob's and Polymath KYC and had no hassles.  How do these companies verify people if all they have to go on is public information?  Did they even really check the ID's or were they simply collected the data?  How rampant do you think this is?  How many of us are complete fools for turning in our documents when others simply faked it.  Now they have our data and the people who faked it are still secure.

NOT FAIR.

I would never ever do KYC for bounty. That is like calling to get scammed. It's risky enough to invest in ICOs, now that KYC is being applied for bounty, that is absolutely ridiculous

Same here I'm never gonna send a KYC for a bounty, I don't feel like getting my identiy stolen by random people.

On the other hand while I don't love sending KYC, I'm pretty much forced to if I want to partecipate in any decent ICO.

I totally agree with this.
It does seem like many people are entering with bought ID's.
joletartare

Activity: 672
Merit: 22

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 11:34:34 PM

As I think KYC should be reserved for government/banks/insurances, when a crypto project ask for it, my first idea is to refuse.
BUT I already made it once, because I believed  strongly in the project... Polymath. And I was lucky and well rewarded  Smiley
muhdatha

Activity: 168
Merit: 11

Betrium 🎾 Worldwide Betting Exchange

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 11:34:41 PM

In my opinion KYC procedure is not correctly in decentralizing world of crypto investing etc
don't get me wrongly but I don't want send my ID

South Park

Activity: 2926
Merit: 798

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 03:42:19 PM

Sending documents to internet have lots of risk but it is a choice of person who wants to join or not...
It depends, some icos at the start said they will not require any kind of identification from their investors and then at the end they did needed that information so those that invested do not have too much of a choice, and this is why many people are complaining about these requirements because now they're facing a difficult decision of sending their information that they did not want to send in the first place or to lose their money.
Anzal RK

Activity: 420

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 03:50:28 PM

whatt!! fake ID, is note fair dude.
you know, btt account is poeple have more than one an so many people the fake ID KYC.
it is not fair.

please stop the fake ID, fake account.
i just have one account in btt and it work.
Haunebu

Activity: 3094
Merit: 972

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 03:54:10 PM

Honestly, I don't encourage entering campaigns which are asking members to fill in KYC forms which is in itself despicably since it goes against everything crypto and bitcoin stands for. If everybody actively abandon such campaigns, the companies themselves will stop asking for KYC submissions. There are so many campaigns which don't require KYC submissions in order to earn profits. I don't encourage submitting fake KYC in order to earn profits since this could probably pose a problem to the person whose credentials you are submitting.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
vendy86

Activity: 490
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2018, 04:01:13 PM

NOT FAIR.

i bet they even dont check it.
kyc only formality for ico owner.
this not fair for people that play fair.and i believe whoever that send fake id for kyc must be cheating.no reason for send fake id if they honest.

owlman

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 04:15:48 PM

I'm surprised there is all these KYC threads out here with people complaining.  The solution is so simple it hurts.  How is a corporation going to check the validity of every human on earth.  LOL  You guys are fools if your sending in actual passports.  I thought you guys were playing.  Yikes.  No wonder its so easy to make $$ in crypto.  The people that are playing may not be the smartest.  Do you know how damn risky it is to send in a real passport to these piss ant ICO's?  If your data is not safe at the top banking institution and corporations in the world why in the hell would you send your passport to a company worth well nothing at the point your sending it in. The next little Jihadist is prob going to drop your passport at the scene.

Get Ubuntu (linux) all the editing tools are free. 

If you are as smart as you invest in ICO, without giving them your documents Huh good projects all require the passage of KYC, so how to be?

AGATE  ▄▄▄▄▄▄ Facebook Telegram Twitter Medium   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   AGATE
█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █    PayPal of Cryptocurrencies     █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █
████  Blockchain Protocol + 12 Working Modules - Use Crypto as Cash  ████
Leocrypto da Vinci

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

OMNITY Knowledge, connected

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 06:15:44 PM

It depends: I'd never send my personal data for a bounty, and for sure - I someone asked me - I'd send fake ID (very simple to do)
This for bounty, with little sums implied.
But if you invest in something, and you put some money, this can be illegal so think about the future: may be you need to demonstrate something, and with fake paper there will be trouble.

https://OMNITY.io/ico
               Knowledge, connected.               
Unifying Knowledge For Faster Insight.
loraalbert

Activity: 184

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 06:24:38 PM

I think it is not easy for them to badify their image in that thought. But it seems that the companies that apply KYC to the ICO know this and they may not be too concerned about validating such fake photocopies. because they anyway get the user base token to buy or to trade. This is always a problem of applying online identity verification at events.
nelsmining

Activity: 196
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 06:31:27 PM

Any more I just stay away from most projects requiring KYC. I will just buy it for a little more on the exchange. I will no longer give a stranger my identity.
melanie5

Activity: 10

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 06:35:51 PM

Always always always send in a fake ID if your FOMO overcomes you. 

Sending in your real documents puts you on the wrong side of the intelligence bell curve.  You guys are insane sending your Passports over the internet to a person you have never met and do not know. 

Chefironside

Activity: 392

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 06:55:39 PM

why should small investors send KYC? from $ 100000 it is ok. but with 100 dollars I do not do money laundering. I'm always waiting for the bounty people now. all icos today are cheaper after the end. I do not invest in ico anymore
mayasari

Activity: 193

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 06:58:06 PM

NOT FAIR.

Yes, that is the problem. If we send personal data, probably many people will use it for bad thing. That's why many people who faked personal data for the sake of security personal. So being problem provider services bounty.

━━▐|     LASER    |▌━━     BLOCKCHAIN WITHOUT BORDERS     ━━▐|     LASER    |▌━━
A BLOCKCHAIN-AGNOSTIC SERVICE LAYER FOR IMPROVED SPEED, ANONYMITY, AND INTEROPERABILITY
Medium      Twitter      Reddit      ■■      WHITEPAPER      ■■      Telegram      Facebook      Instagram
Chefironside

Activity: 392

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 07:01:12 PM

Where can I get these ID cards? I would like to do one too. then I can be there at 100 airdrops . my real data does not get an airdrop in this century from me
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 72 »
  Print  

Jump to: