Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 10:04:05 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 72 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Sending in fake ID for KYC  (Read 89314 times)
valeru.aver

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 04:27:05 PM

I agree. When you enter a "photo of a passport" in Google, many photos appear. Some people send them. In dubious airdrops and ISO, I do not fill in the KYS, in those that interest me, I'll send my data. It also seems to me that the KYC procedure does not correspond to the concept of "decentralization".
VenturaBro

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 04:34:03 PM

I agree. When you enter a "photo of a passport" in Google, many photos appear. Some people send them. In dubious airdrops and ISO, I do not fill in the KYS, in those that interest me, I'll send my data. It also seems to me that the KYC procedure does not correspond to the concept of "decentralization".

Makes sense to send in your real info if you trust the ICO, but I've found that is really hard to come by nowadays. Also could be that I'm too paranoid. Grin
Dyn@styN3rd

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 05:07:24 PM

I'm one of those people who sent their real data because I value honesty the most! I participated and used my passport on about 3-4 times because it was needed on a bounty I participated but only ended up unable to participate because the registration was closed. It was really a bad experience so I promised not to use my passport on useless KYCs anymore.

Hope I really have that excellent editing skills to fake an ID as we will never know how they are going to use our identity for the sake of money.
Villa_Token

Activity: 14

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 05:15:21 PM

I am actually very wary of giving away an image of my passport. Some Kyc allow you to give ID instead, but that doesn't prove citizenship. I think there are a lot of ways that people can sneak around the KYC process, if they want coins, they'll find a way to get them. Some people will go above and beyond what is legal to make money. For me, I have to really really trust a team and a business model and a coin to send in a photo of my passport. If they leak it or sell my info, i could be a victim of identity theft.
fitzzz

Activity: 364

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 05:17:37 PM

im not interested to join in ICO that needs KYC its risky to give your full information to an ICO that don't have SEC registration because they can be scammy and your information can be used in illegal activities. so for me no for KYC and one thing that the topic said ID's can be faked just some good editing and your name can be change.
dado7

Activity: 322
Merit: 141

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 05:20:13 PM

I am worried about the other direction - isn't KYS also a good excuse for scammers and data collectors to ask for your mobile phone, address etc? What do you think?

haxker007

Activity: 174
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 05:22:47 PM

I just was brought up to speed on groups of people sending in fake/Photoshopped ID's by scanning public records to defeat the KYC process and it seemingly is very easy to do.  It appears that many people sent in fake documentation to the Bob's and Polymath KYC and had no hassles.  How do these companies verify people if all they have to go on is public information?  Did they even really check the ID's or were they simply collected the data?  How rampant do you think this is?  How many of us are complete fools for turning in our documents when others simply faked it.  Now they have our data and the people who faked it are still secure.

NOT FAIR.
It isn't as simple as it sounds since they don't ask just id or identification they additionally request selfies holding those documents it is difficult to transform them legitimately by photoshop require proficient hands to do it else they can burst and into flames you from the ICO..
silver23

Activity: 574
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 05:25:58 PM

whatt ?? fake KYC ??

come on this time to stope clone account.
anyone just have one account on bitcointalk, please dont make other account.
and fake KYC is really bad, is same you do a crime.
be the smart and innocence guys.
coino.org

Activity: 798
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 05:35:35 PM

Well, this is a routine and all what they need is certain amount of participants application and check if you are citizen of USA or China. Fake ID really work, but in some cases they should be a high quality. What's more, they can ask for additional documents,so you've got to prepare full pack before or find somebody to paint new required document
RagnarosF

Activity: 108

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 05:40:54 PM

I am more than confident that those people who send their real data, sooner or later will have big problems with the law and tax.
PipiPoo

Activity: 35

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 05:35:42 PM

The main problem here is centralized KYC process and poor security. We send our docs, those companies got hacked = our data is leaked. I completely understand when people are trying to get around it and send a fake info. However, we need a proper fix to this. Selfkey is trying to fix it and they actually do provide KYC for a few ICOs. The advantage is you don't have to send your docs over Internet, which is amazing.
nagobinga

Activity: 476

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 05:39:51 PM

surely it will not be accepted delivery must be with the original ID if the fake must be caught and will get the appropriate punishment there is no teloransi at all.
Zendalet

Activity: 210
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 05:47:09 PM

Has anyone ever brought up this issue about personal data protection with regulators and representatives? They may say it's your own responsibility to decide to give your passport to third parties or refrain from investing, because preventing money laundering and tax evasion is more important than your privacy. Explain that leaking thousands of passports on the dark web gives rise to even more money laundering and tax evasion.
South Park

Activity: 2926
Merit: 798

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 04:29:52 PM

Sending a fake ID is certainly illegal, what if someone finds out that you did this? Is this a violation of the law? It seems to me that the one who does this can have problems.
Well it's kind of obvious that we are not experts on the law of all the countries of the world but I'll be surprised if there is any country in which this is not a crime so sending a fake ID is only going to bring you trouble, so if the coin in which you want to invest asks you for this information it is better to wait for the open market and buy the coin from someone that wants to sell it.
QFT

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 04:33:29 PM

Sending a fake ID is certainly illegal, what if someone finds out that you did this? Is this a violation of the law? It seems to me that the one who does this can have problems.
Well it's kind of obvious that we are not experts on the law of all the countries of the world but I'll be surprised if there is any country in which this is not a crime so sending a fake ID is only going to bring you trouble, so if the coin in which you want to invest asks you for this information it is better to wait for the open market and buy the coin from someone that wants to sell it.

It's a better option than risking getting your identity stolen imho.
Chefironside

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 06:31:51 PM

It depends, some icos at the start said they will not require any kind of identification from their investors and then at the end they did needed that information so those that invested do not have too much of a choice, and this is why many people are complaining about these requirements because now they're facing a difficult decision of sending their information that they did not want to send in the first place or to lose their money.and kyc for bounty should not exist !!!
South Park

Activity: 2926
Merit: 798

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 06:00:40 PM

It's a better option than risking getting your identity stolen imho.
Both options are terrible if you ask me, using a fake ID is only going to create problems for you in the long run you could get paranoid about the fact that someone may find out and then you will need to face jail time, but sending your information is also not a very good option because your identity could be stolen and you do not know what other people could do with that information.
wozzek23

Activity: 1568
Merit: 283

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 12:01:39 PM

It depends, some icos at the start said they will not require any kind of identification from their investors and then at the end they did needed that information so those that invested do not have too much of a choice, and this is why many people are complaining about these requirements because now they're facing a difficult decision of sending their information that they did not want to send in the first place or to lose their money.and kyc for bounty should not exist !!!
If you are there in the world of crypto currency and that you are dealing with different things may it be related to that of investing of your money, participating in signature or bounty campaign or even becoming a part of an ICO, you need to do lot of work to gain suitable knowledge regarding the things first and then you need to apply that knowledge so that you can stay away from any scam or fraud.
Klara_karlovna

Activity: 392
Merit: 70

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 06:18:53 PM

I just was brought up to speed on groups of people sending in fake/Photoshopped ID's by scanning public records to defeat the KYC process and it seemingly is very easy to do.  It appears that many people sent in fake documentation to the Bob's and Polymath KYC and had no hassles.  How do these companies verify people if all they have to go on is public information?  Did they even really check the ID's or were they simply collected the data?  How rampant do you think this is?  How many of us are complete fools for turning in our documents when others simply faked it.  Now they have our data and the people who faked it are still secure.

NOT FAIR.

on the one side it is NOT FAIR. And on the other side, what's stopping you to send not your own documents? Not guess? That same now to blame other. Do not participate in projects and in the crypt as a whole. There are no laws fully regulating all processes.
I do easier, I just do not pass the KYC, I do not want to show my documents
lotfiuser

Activity: 1249
Merit: 295

Palestine

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2018, 06:20:12 PM

its can get you in very big probleme but im sure it wont take you to a serious probleme but why you send fake id ? you can just use someone real ID and this wont be fake id use:D

Free palestine
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 72 »
  Print  

Jump to: