Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 11:03:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 72 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Sending in fake ID for KYC  (Read 89309 times)
Semosuchi Tesongrato

Activity: 546
Merit: 33

Rasputin Party Mansion

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 08:34:48 PM

At present it's relatively easy to send fake ID, because it's very unlikely that they can check if they are good or not.
But I think that in the next future there will be a "blockchain" of personal data, may be with fingerprints or something so, and it will be impossible to escape from control.

●  ROC2  ●   We have successfully delivered STAGE 1   ● ━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
━ ━━ ━━━━ ━━━━━━  We now invite you to become part of PHASE2 expansion In Partnership With REDTUBE
● Telegram    ● Twitter    ● Facebook    ● Medium    [  ICO is L I V E !  ]   ━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
vickycoin05

Activity: 532
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 07:55:31 AM

I just was brought up to speed on groups of people sending in fake/Photoshopped ID's by scanning public records to defeat the KYC process and it seemingly is very easy to do.  It appears that many people sent in fake documentation to the Bob's and Polymath KYC and had no hassles.  How do these companies verify people if all they have to go on is public information?  Did they even really check the ID's or were they simply collected the data?  How rampant do you think this is?  How many of us are complete fools for turning in our documents when others simply faked it.  Now they have our data and the people who faked it are still secure.

NOT FAIR.

It's definitely not fair mate. Actually as far as I know those ICO want a clear copy of ID as their KYC but somehow on your point that is uncontrollable situation and on that case I have no idea what is the best option to maintain a proper KYC process and to make asure that those ID's are legit. It depends upon the ICO if they are willing to take it seriously your concern or not.
jame kotler

Activity: 121
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 01:28:45 AM

Verifying the identity to accept the account is essential to protect the interests and assets of the user, I do not complain about this, so will control the account to create name
omfg.xekcep

Activity: 798
Merit: 2

*** https://www.buying.com ***

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 01:30:59 AM

If there are people who can easily make fake id for KYC in Photoshop. These people are doing the right thing. It's a pity that I do not know how to use it. I think it's not right to demand pass KYC from bounty hunters. We don't launder stolen money. So we do not need to send documents. I'm generally against KYC for bounty hunters. And I agree with the Egowhite. Give us a guide for using Photoshop to pass KYC))

BUYING is here for you!
Meet buying.com’s
On-Demand Delivery System
-= https://www.buying.com =-
Layonk

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 02:18:15 AM

I just was brought up to speed on groups of people sending in fake/Photoshopped ID's by scanning public records to defeat the KYC process and it seemingly is very easy to do.  It appears that many people sent in fake documentation to the Bob's and Polymath KYC and had no hassles.  How do these companies verify people if all they have to go on is public information?  Did they even really check the ID's or were they simply collected the data?  How rampant do you think this is?  How many of us are complete fools for turning in our documents when others simply faked it.  Now they have our data and the people who faked it are still secure.

NOT FAIR.

How sure are you that there are in fact people who sent fake identification documents? Do you have any basis in saying that there are indeed groups of people who are doing this? A reference may well support your serious allegations.

Anyway, if this is true then the KYC/AML are mechanisms that are futile and will not really serve the purpose to which they are designed for. I was also thinking of how effective this is. If all they need are IDs then everybody can easily secure one from anywhere else without really divulging their real identities.

How you can know that the bounty sent not valid id? I dont know how they know it or they just try to say useless thing.
Kyc has pros and cons among participants because there are some people agree and also not. So when we are asked to fill kyc then do it with not fake information.
semutracing

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 02:36:57 AM

I did spend a lot of time reading through this chat and so many people are afraid of sending they real id. So what exactly do you think will happen if someone wrong will get your id ?

Dont say he will use it as his for ICOs
It's obviously he will use it for ICOs or claim his bounty through fake ID. People are afraid to give their real ID because they are worried if their ID will be used or given to something criminal by other people.

Based on the experience you can buy ICO cheaper because the trend is always thrown into a cheaper price than the ICO price before pumping. It is better not to join ICO with KYC requirements. In addition you can buy the coins in the trading platform once registered
Lareina

Activity: 430

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 02:41:38 AM

I did spend a lot of time reading through this chat and so many people are afraid of sending they real id. So what exactly do you think will happen if someone wrong will get your id ?

Dont say he will use it as his for ICOs
It's obviously he will use it for ICOs or claim his bounty through fake ID. People are afraid to give their real ID because they are worried if their ID will be used or given to something criminal by other people.

Based on the experience you can buy ICO cheaper because the trend is always thrown into a cheaper price than the ICO price before pumping. It is better not to join ICO with KYC requirements. In addition you can buy the coins in the trading platform once registered
Now the information leak is really serious, any program can get the relevant personal information, it is very difficult to avoid the bad people.
congresowoman

Activity: 448
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 02:44:31 AM

Polymath and Bobs Repair can go straight to hell if this is true.  

I'm one of the individuals who actually went through that BS KYC system of these projects and gave my identification.

I wish I would have know that you could have sent in any old BS and get passed.  Well I'm done with KYC.  Hoping nothing bad happens with my documents.  I wonder where they actually are right now and who all has them?  If these KYC are that easy to beat how professional are these outfits we are sending our documents to?

Once again playing by the rules is for the suckers.  

Ugh. The moment I read this thread, I felt butterflies in my stomach. I am one with those who sent in real IDs for KYC. Made me wonder where do they store our data. Or do they really countercheck it or secure all the IDs. Had I known this earlier, I guess, I will not be giving real ID. I wouldve sent fake ones instead, for my protection.

steve321

Activity: 627
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 02:50:04 AM

don't you think  Its' dangerous if some bad guys know your personal  details infomation. i never joined project which need KYC ,why not buy from market ,maybe cheaper then ICO.
NathanJB

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 02:58:54 AM

NOT FAIR.

This is totally unfair. But I think it is not good to imitate. To a certain extent, this illegal scheme or crooked operations could escape the eyes of the companies involved but there will come a point when all these cheaters will be caught. If the companies will dig a bit deeper they may not be able to furnish further legal documents. And this will be their end. I better choose to be honest and not suffer in the end. Actually, there are already wallets that ask not just IDs but also videos.
sedahan13

Activity: 462

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 01:06:57 AM

They should be has some feature or technology to know that is fake ID, provide ID to the company that collect money from investor when ICO is important to avoid any ilegal action and money laundry. Many country unregulated crypto because anonimous but will be any new technology to avoid any money laundry.

│▌██████           C O M P R O   F I N A N C E           ██████▐│
The DeFi Way of Synthetic Assets & Trading
│   TELEGRAM   │    TWITTER    │     REDDIT     │    MEDIUM    │
racebum

Activity: 75
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2018, 01:13:08 AM

It is a gamble to send fake data and find your account frozen at a later point of distribution. For sure not an easy task checking IDs from dozens of countries.

x2

this is the bottom line

ToyotaFortuner

Activity: 574

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 02:57:32 AM

NOT FAIR.

if sending a fake ID to KYC seems to be a very unwise act because they are ICO founders who need KYC to avoid some buyers banning ICO purchases because sometimes there are some ICOs that prohibit some countries to participate in ICO purchases, so it's best to just follow the correct referral and give the original ID.
JENREM

Activity: 518
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 12:58:52 PM

At present it's relatively easy to send fake ID, because it's very unlikely that they can check if they are good or not.
But I think that in the next future there will be a "blockchain" of personal data, may be with fingerprints or something so, and it will be impossible to escape from control.

If that will happened then many would not send any fake ID's at all. So by then, it would be impossible that anyone would keep fake information according to their individual personal data.
pocketfullofpoke

Activity: 476
Merit: 101

www.daxico.com

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 01:14:05 PM

That's very  possible and seems to me that ICO asking for KYC for their contributors and bounty participants are not really serious of what they are doing because one can send fake information for the KYC requirements but can still be able to received the tokens/coins.

nguyenhoven

Activity: 248
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 01:17:54 PM

NOT FAIR.

yes, that is true. Faked documents shouldn't be sued, however also the KYC levels should be considered. If ICOs are not able to do it right, they shouldn't do KYC at all...

◈ HYPERQUANT ◈ Platform for Professional Asset Management  (https://goo.gl/wGkw41)
Nikitavoz

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 01:26:35 PM

In my opinion KYC should be reserved for government/banks/insurances, when a crypto project ask for it, my first idea is to refuse, but I already made it once, because I believed  strongly in the project...
raymart0720

Activity: 322
Merit: 106

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 02:10:53 AM

NOT FAIR.

still not a fair guide I only have 1 account and it is here I am using
mr. block the dev of that I am following and he send a ether scan link that cheats his campaign with lots of adb token (adbank) and atleast there are 300 transaction AND THE ONLY TOKEN TRANSFERRING  was adb
still not fair because we small people are not getting what is right like the cheaters did

Irvinn

Activity: 966
Merit: 104

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 04:33:11 AM

I'm just like you sending your real data, because I'm sure of the projects I'm participating in. If you think the project fraud, it is better not to participate at all in it
No matter how we check the documents of the ICO and its team, we can not do it qualitatively because we do not have the capabilities of the law enforcement agencies. Participation in ICO projects is always risky, we are also forced to rely on luck. Therefore, I do not see anything wrong with sending fake or foreign copies of documents to these teams. In this case, there will be no criminal liability. I have not yet seen that the ICO team refers to a specific law or even a bylaw that grants them the right to require us as signatories of the ICO signature campaign to provide copies of their documents. So what kind of criminal responsibility can there be in this case? There can not be any responsibility at all here.
Henisusan

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 06:23:31 AM

KYC is now very important to identify the real investors that participate in the ICO investment. But sometimes, it is also for the bounty hunters.
Related tot he fake KYC ID, I don't know what to say. It is absolutely illegal because it is likely kind of deceives. but, I'm sure that the developer checks the ID very well so that the fake ID for KYC can be detected.

█████
                    ██████
                    ██████
                    ██████
  ████████████                    ████████████                █████████████████                      ███████████
█████████████████            █████████████████          ███████████████████            ████████████████
██████████████████        ████████████████████        █████████████████████    ███████████████████
  █████████████████▀      ██████████████████████      █████████████████████  █████████████████████
████████            ▀▀▀      ██████████            ████████      ████████              ███████████████              ██████
███████                      ██████████                  ████████    ███████                ██████████████                   █████
██████                    ██████████                      ████████    ███████                  ███████████                       █████
███████                ██████████                        ███████      ███████                ██████████                        ██████
  ███████            █████████      ▄██▄             ████████      ████████            █████████      ▄██▄            ███████
  █████████████████████    ▄██████████████████          █████████████████████    ▄██████████████████
  ██████████████████          █████████████████              ██████████████████          █████████████████
  ██████████████                  ▀████████████                      ██████████████                  ▀████████████
Cobo Digital Wallet
|
  First Leading Wallet Offering PoS and Masternode Rewards Worldwide 
SECURITY ● RELIABILITY ● CONVENIENCE
|
Download
for Android & iOS
● TELEGRAM
● FACEBOOK
● TWITTER

████
██████
█████████
█████████████
████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████████g█████████
██████████g███████
████████g██████
██████g██████
██████████
██████
███

████
                ████
                ▀▀
     ,▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄
   o████████▄██▄████████
  ████████████████████
 d███████████████████
,███████████████████
`███████████████████
 ████████████████████
 █████████████████████
  ████████████████████████
   ██████████████████████
    ████████████████████
     `████▀▀  ▀▀██████
[t
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 72 »
  Print  

Jump to: