Bitcoin Forum
July 01, 2024, 02:12:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Sending in fake ID for KYC  (Read 89316 times)
matej451

Activity: 203
Merit: 14

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 10:59:02 AM

Good topic worth to think about and warning others about sending real documents. Nowadays it is hard to stay safe so why risk it if it not necessary.

Better miss one opportunity to make some dollars than get fucked in some real shit of criminal.
yslyv

Activity: 1008
Merit: 533

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 11:04:58 AM

first of all it is ridiculous to demand kyc for joining icos in this ecosystem. because non of the ico crew are 100% trustable in this decentralized ecosystem. if you give your own id, it can be leaked very easily.

turn the page
sebastianlbj

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 11:09:24 AM

If they have no any way to verify IDs, then there is no any reason for accepting all these documents for kyc, if only someone would come and defeat KYC process via photoshopped documents. Absolutely not fair, something must be done to eradicate that from ICO industry
Bitkoyns

Activity: 1078
Merit: 262

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 11:10:11 AM

I think the company just following the rules on EU stating that company must be verified by KYC, so for me there is no issue if you submit your profile/ID in spurious manner but if you are investor it is better to submit your true profile rather than risking your investment.
pharaon

Activity: 753
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 11:12:15 AM

I have Polymath and Bobs and they have non of my information.  Sorry you sent yours in.

Remember its not illegal to hand your friend a fake ID.  The KYC process is absurd as there is no way in hell they know who is on the other side of the ethernet cable.

Only fools send in real docs.  Jesus guys.

Check out the laws in your area and wisen up to the internet game.  Why in the hell would you give an unknown person your passport?  

Yup.

Kyc is ridiculous enough. Do you people even know who you're sending your personal information to?? Do you trust them?

Heck, I cant even send my email out anymore without getting spammed like crazy!! So why would I trust these companies to keep my actual personal information private?

That's right, you do not owe anything to anyone, and you always have the choice, to provide someone with your personal data or not, but now this KYC procedure is required when investing in ICO projects, some campaign bounties and airdrop, and you will not get profit from some Prospective projects, if you do not pass KYC.
Q2kc

Activity: 560
Merit: 15

$100k per 1 BTC in Year 2020

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2018, 11:14:12 AM

Some of these ICO company do KYC just to prevent US and Chinese citizens to join ICO because of ICO regulations in their county, and if your county is not US or China they will verify your KYC fast, that's why KYC that need to take pictures of yourself while holding your passport or National ID is necessary to Identify if it's really you, this is also for Anti-money laundering, maybe some of this greedy bounty hunter passed KYC for doing photoshop because the reviewer is not that strict, I did not participate Bob bounty so I don't know what kind of KYC they are doing
vidiep100100

Activity: 71

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 03:35:11 PM

this is a controversial issue, as probably many people thought about it. but, on the other hand, it will quickly become clear, and besides it is necessary to do selfie. however, this procedure is generally not safe, because you can use your data for criminal purposes.
forutba

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 03:36:33 PM

I dont like idea of kyc , but sending fake kyc i think is not legal, may be there will be some bans for fake docs in icos, and people will not receive tokens.

Ultra, Next-generation games distribution platform !
WebSite | Twitter | Telegram | Bounty | Facebook | WhitePaperJoin the ICO
☆ Offering new solutions to both developers and players ☆
rdelaney88

Activity: 29

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 03:38:16 PM

When I attempted to do it I got to the final page where it asks you to sign and the button/link didn't work. Im glad I've seen this thread Wink
Help_You

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 03:46:44 PM

I think there is nothing wrong with this because I have seen many spammers in a few days to submit a fake profile. Most of spammets stole people's identity, and they submit it for KYC. I think project owners should be more strict or they should use Icosid KYC system. Ivosid is a very good option to prevent fake KYC.
iamreal

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 03:54:01 PM

I think it is easy to fake KYC documents when they require only documents, But if they are required to snap and hold the passport, how are they going to do that?
DabsPoorVersion

Activity: 1260
Merit: 315

www.Artemis.co

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 04:45:13 PM

I think it is easy to fake KYC documents when they require only documents, But if they are required to snap and hold the passport, how are they going to do that?
yes it is, it is so easy to fake kyc, you just have to google the document or the identity. then you can easily passed the kyc, some people are editing it to make it more realistic.

..A R T E M I S..|
▀▄▀ PRESALE IS NOW LIVE! VISIT THE WEBSITE ▀▄▀
|📌 TWITTER
📌 YOUTUBE
📌 TELEGRAM
|
churaCull

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 04:54:46 PM

Ma boi, "not fair" is when the project enters the market of cryptocurrency which is like economic freedom and new motion in peer to peer transactions requires your full personal data to send you some tokens for the job you have done to promote it. This is not fair Undecided
keykey1

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 05:14:40 PM

I just was brought up to speed on groups of people sending in fake/Photoshopped ID's by scanning public records to defeat the KYC process and it seemingly is very easy to do.  It appears that many people sent in fake documentation to the Bob's and Polymath KYC and had no hassles.  How do these companies verify people if all they have to go on is public information?  Did they even really check the ID's or were they simply collected the data?  How rampant do you think this is?  How many of us are complete fools for turning in our documents when others simply faked it.  Now they have our data and the people who faked it are still secure.
NOT FAIR.

I believe that sending personal data contradicts the whole idea of creating a crypto currency so many people want to get anonymity with fake documents.
Tylev

Activity: 854
Merit: 104

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 05:38:19 PM

The practice of sending fake IDs to do verification is fraudulent and should be discouraged,At least we are all fighting scam ICOS  so let us also practice the good stuffs.You either send authentic documents or you do not send at all
The fact is that ICO teams are not only almost half fraudsters. They are still trying to deceive bounty hunters. First, they do not have the right to demand a KYC review from the ICO generosity campaigners, because we are not investors in their project. Secondly, double deceit is the requirement to pass such a check after the end of the ICO campaign, before they pay the tokens they earned. These members of the campaign are deprived of their right to choose. Therefore, I think it will be quite normal if such companies, in response to their deception, send them the identification data of others. Nothing wrong with this I do not see.
b1marlin

Activity: 179
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 05:43:13 PM

Sending Fake ID can be use in KYC as they are not really seeing the real person behind investment nor bounty.
though it must be supported with a verification address like billing statement ( which is also an easy thing to have)
POOR KYC i think.
Doging

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 05:48:28 PM

Yes, I also know many people who did this. It is easy to send other people's documents and they will be accepted.

.Minter.                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█
dothihanh1811

Activity: 77

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 08:05:32 AM

a serious discussion of such a pressing problem in the forum.Who is afraid to send documents-do not send.who sends fake documents to a crook and a thief.Here because of such people the others also are afraid to send documents for KYC check
bright07

Activity: 392
Merit: 8

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2018, 11:58:18 AM

It is not good to send anything confidential in fake id as. it is because fake id means Baker's are behind it. who will steal every information.
francojon

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 03:24:33 PM

I firmly consider that Know Your Customer isn´t an acceptable process for most of the tokens. Those don´t bear the righs of shares and shall not have need of that system.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »
  Print  

Jump to: