Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 02:46:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Sending in fake ID for KYC  (Read 89313 times)
Zomnew

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 02:35:24 PM

It isn't as simple as it sounds. since they dont ask just id or travel permit. they likewise request selfies holding those records. it is difficult to transform them legitimately by photoshop. require proficient hands to do it else they can burst and into flames you from the ico.
Mr.Been

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 02:36:18 PM

I'm just like you sending your real data, because I'm sure of the projects I'm participating in. If you think the project fraud, it is better not to participate at all in it. Coz some of them even can sell or use these info.
There are too many fake ICO's, some have only this purpose, to collect ID data and use/sell for various reasons.
Juggernautbtc

Activity: 70

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 02:41:22 PM

I just was brought up to speed on groups of people sending in fake/Photoshopped ID's by scanning public records to defeat the KYC process and it seemingly is very easy to do.  It appears that many people sent in fake documentation to the Bob's and Polymath KYC and had no hassles.  How do these companies verify people if all they have to go on is public information?  Did they even really check the ID's or were they simply collected the data?  How rampant do you think this is?  How many of us are complete fools for turning in our documents when others simply faked it.  Now they have our data and the people who faked it are still secure.

NOT FAIR.

I think it's probably a formality. If regulators decide to do an inspection then the company will have something to show them. I think for them it does not matter who you are or what you are doing, the main thing is that you were not from countries where the crypto currency is prohibited.
hotimbineh

Activity: 560
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 02:48:23 PM

I just was brought up to speed on groups of people sending in fake/Photoshopped ID's by scanning public records to defeat the KYC process and it seemingly is very easy to do.  It appears that many people sent in fake documentation to the Bob's and Polymath KYC and had no hassles.  How do these companies verify people if all they have to go on is public information?  Did they even really check the ID's or were they simply collected the data?  How rampant do you think this is?  How many of us are complete fools for turning in our documents when others simply faked it.  Now they have our data and the people who faked it are still secure.

NOT FAIR.

I think it's probably a formality. If regulators decide to do an inspection then the company will have something to show them. I think for them it does not matter who you are or what you are doing, the main thing is that you were not from countries where the crypto currency is prohibited.
KYC may be just a formality because they will not check the ID of the participants, they may only collect data only
because the ID check takes time to check the truth

asmoday

Activity: 129

International Digital Asset Platform

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 02:53:36 PM

Someone registered with my data recently in one project ... So be careful when sending your documents.

▬▬[  IDAP.IO  ]▬▬[International Digital Asset Platform ]▬  
▌ Introducing Derivatives Product Ecosystem to Crypto Asset Market ▐
▬▬  PRE - SALE STARTS 25th JUNE▬▬ | Twitter  | Telegram  | ANN  | Medium  | LinkedIn   | Facebook| ▬▬
IrReAr

Activity: 742
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 09:21:05 AM

Someone registered with my data recently in one project ... So be careful when sending your documents.
Can you tell us more about this incident? How did that happen? Have you been able to solve this problem? I would like to protect myself from such an incident.
ashlyvash00

Activity: 434
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 09:23:23 AM

This is one of the reason why kyc is useless. They make investor limit andkyc is easy to be cheated and if cheated it will hard to trace if its real or not
sergey1301

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 08:01:05 AM

The project will not check 10,000 + people, 99%. send passport data to just anyone, it's not a business. 90% of ico are scammers. Would you like your passport details to be exposed to scammers?
nojumkel

Activity: 38

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 10:09:39 PM

On the off chance that sorted out the gathering with the public accountant will enter your data that you gave to the deceitful ICO group in a phony land buy and deal concession to sake of the slaughtered proprietors, do you figure the police will regard your rights if there are ladies and kids among the dead ? There will apply to you such strategies. that amid the day you will sign any admissions. Most, sitting on the bunks in jail, at exactly that point consider what such an apparently harmless course of your information may prompt. Trust me, I realize that I compose, in my experience there were numerous such cases.
cherepashkis

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 10:12:40 PM

Yes, I also know people who fake KYC. and all this registration does nothing.
Gabali126

Activity: 322
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 10:19:38 PM

I don't like the idea of KYC in cryptocurrency. How sure are you that your sensitive data you are sending such as your passport, photographs and others are secure? Don't forget, no one is regulating Crypto.

P2PS TOKEN ▐ ▌ CREATING A WORLDWIDE NETWORK OF DIGITAL SERVICES
▰▰▰▰▰▰  BUY P2PS TOKEN!  [ SUBSCRIBE ]  ▰▰▰▰▰▰ (https://www.p2psf.org/)
BabatundeM

Activity: 317

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 10:40:00 PM

I think most people are becoming wiser than those ICO team who usually request for kyc. Majority are pessimistic about the whole kyc requirement that has prompted them to do otherwise so as to either participate in an ICO or to be able to redeem bounty rewards. Personal information should not be divulged anyhow as far as I am concerned.
cchub

Activity: 560
Merit: 101

Migranet ITO

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 10:41:43 PM

I have Polymath and Bobs and they have non of my information.  Sorry you sent yours in.

Remember its not illegal to hand your friend a fake ID.  The KYC process is absurd as there is no way in hell they know who is on the other side of the ethernet cable.

Only fools send in real docs.  Jesus guys.

Check out the laws in your area and wisen up to the internet game.  Why in the hell would you give an unknown person your passport?   

Of course it is illegal to say you are someone you actually are not. And the person you sent the ID is getting what in return?

❉❉❉ Migranet ❉❉❉  [MIGRATION。SIMPLIFIED 。]
▐| Global immigrationpowered by AI & blockchain |▌
TELEGRAMTWITTERFACEBOOKYOUTUBEINSTREAGRAM
kingcrypto-the2nd

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 07:51:30 AM

this is why i am a fan of regulation and laws to govern cryptocurrencies, crypto is good but there are lots of things mitigating em.normal human bad behavior so this is why regulation is good  and there should be punishments towards any broken regulation.
angrybirdy

Activity: 1022
Merit: 276

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2018, 08:58:19 AM

NOT FAIR.

anyone knows that. its true that its unfair, but we cant do anything about that. if they have the access on your identity, we cant help it, we dont know their identity and also their location, we cant stop them.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Thomassholts

Activity: 12

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2018, 12:41:55 AM

sending your real ID to fill forms might be a little bit risky so using fake ones might be a good advice
vuwleyum

Activity: 35

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 05:02:42 AM

I saw a few situations when individuals sent the primary discovered duplicates of IDs on the web and utilized them as their own for KYC. As a matter of fact, they were altogether acknowledged. For me, it implies that organizations, continuing with the ICOs, are not really fit to check these records.
Voliqur

Activity: 42

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 11:10:39 AM

In the event that they have no any method to confirm IDs, at that point there is no any explanation behind tolerating every one of these records for kyc, if just somebody would come and thrashing KYC process by means of photoshopped archives. In no way, shape or form reasonable, something must be done to annihilate that from ICO industry
jorj_pay_UZ

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

Radix-The Decentralized Finance Protocol

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 09:15:12 AM

If you are not afraid for your personal data,you can pass on your documents.But I would recommend doing everything through drop.

R A D I X   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   The Decentralized Finance Protocol
█████████ GET TOKENS █████████    Facebook      Telegram      Twitter
The Radix DeFi Protocol is    SCALABLE SECURE COMMUNITY DRIVEN
Xomukiw

Activity: 77

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 03:13:52 PM

No big surprise a few people effectively do KYC even as abundance members. Notwithstanding when others gripe, these arrangement of individuals could never whine. I can't utilize counterfeit information thus I can't take part in any KYC. I don't perceive any motivation behind why I ought to partake in KYC as an abundance seeker. The main place I feel KYC is vital is on trade and this is for security reasons.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »
  Print  

Jump to: